Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Gears of War 2

Gears of War 2:Guide to the Top

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 04:29 Jun13 2009 Post ID: 2644769
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
I have decided to write a guide on this forum since it might help people. Just to know i dont have Xbox Live but i have finished the game on Insane and done Horde Mode on Insane(it took 29 minutes.1 guy was glitched and we didnt know so we were standing there for 2 minutes then we found and killed him.)
I will update every day to each few days

just a note i dont have Xbox Live so dont ask for a gamertag(but i have played online a lot of times at my friends house)And i now have the recent update.

Anyways

Part 1
The Setup
By setup i mean weapons. Okay for grenades i prefer Frags since they have a chance of killing people instantly. However DO NOT use smokes unless you are escaping because your hurt. Ink Grenades are okay but are more of a slow kill. This means your enemy can escape. In Horde use Frags. Okay for the Right Hand weapon pick either the Lancer or the Hammerburst. Each has weaknessess and strengths. Lancer has a chainsaw which is good if some idiot runs up to you. But Chainsawing Cyclops is out of the question. Cyclops has a glitch were he will kill you even without a chainsaw battle so dont attempt to chainsaw him.Its not hard to spot cyclops he has a helmet and a big orange circle on the helmet.Anyways the lancer also has more bullets and rapid fire. Rapid fire can take down a big guy easily but wastes more bullets.The Hammerburst however can zoom in which can Headshot a Big Guy if lucky.You also choose the amounts of bullets to spend since you dont hold the button but rapidly tap it. For the Pistol Pick the Boltok or the Gorgon. Gorgon is better then both since it can easily kill a big guy. However Boltok can Headshot easier.Your choice but personally pick Boltok.For the Left Hand Weapon pick the Sniper or the Shotgun.IF you are a Close Ranger pick the Shotgun, but if you like staying back and picking off enemys one by one the sniper is for you.But if you pick the sniper NEVER EVER use it on a big guy since it waste over 5 bullets. The only time it may not be used on a big guy/Headshot is when they have flamethrowers aim for the pack on their back. Maybe they will run and blow up other enemies.SO in summary this should be your weapons.

Frag Grenade
Left:Shotgun/Sniper
GOrgon Pistol/Boltok Pistol
Right:Lancer/Hammerburst

At Later Waves Use
Ink Grenade
Left:Shotgun/Sniper
GOrgon Pistol/Boltok Pistol
Right:Lancer/Hammerburst

And a Weaponset my friend uses
Ink Grenade
Left:Torque Bow
Gorgon Pistol
Right:Hammerburst

The last moveset is quite good because my friend usually makes it easier while i kill the maulers,set up the shield then help him.

Part 2
The Enemys
ok i will start with the small dudes

Wretches
Wretches are little dog type things that only can attack.It cant knock down your shiled in horde so no worries.In horde though leave one so you can collect ammo for the next round. All Around weak.

Tickers
Tickers are running landmies. The explode when you shoot them,meelee them or when they get close to you. Always meelee with something besides the lancer since it will make them explode and damage you. Not dangerous but can kill you if they blow up close to you in succession.

Drones
Drones are the guys you see running around. They usaly have a hammerburst. Basically they are all the same but different types. Snipers are SNipers and equipped w/ sniper.Clyclops have lancers. Flame Drone(forgot the last part)have a flamethrower.Grenadiers have grenades.ALl have little health but get more as the diffuculty goes up,but a simple headshot will kill them.OR rapid shooting. or a chainsaw but only if they are close,not to be used in online or horde.Also like most things explode with a grenade.I should also tell you about Bolters i dont know where they are in campaign but in horde they can be a nuiscance.I'll explain later.

Note.Cyclops are only impossible to chainsaw if you dont have the update.The update fixes the bugs/glitches

Sires
These guys are annoying to kill.Keep shooting them with your Shotgun(or lancer/hammerburst if you have a sniper)and keep till they dont get up.Most people dont realise but they are a serious threat on horde.They can knock over your shield without trying and let maulers and such through.And most people dont realise shooting it and it falling on the ground doesnt kill it.It will get back up only with one less arm.

Big Guys

Butchers
Big guys with Knives.Not really dangerous but shoot them down.THey can get annoying.

Grinder
Big guys with a turret like gun. Basically shoot when he isnt shooting and stay in cover when he is shooting.Says grind before shoooting.On the Rare Occasions he will not say grind but you'll know he is shooting because you can see the bullets.

Boomers
Big guys wiht boomshots. DOnt stand close together or you will be killed.

Flame Boomers
Big Guys with flamethrowers. Sniper/Shoot them in the back for instant KO. Make sure they dont get close otherwise its really hard to kill without being roasted by the flamethrower.

Mauler
Carry a Flail and a Boomshield. Shoot and they wil block with their shield.at this point whip out your pistol/hammerburst and zoom in to the parts not covered nad shoot. If they are still alive and are running at you get your shotgun,lancer(always have one of them) and shoot it till it dies. If it hits you with its flail then attepmt to roll back after you get up. OTherwise he will keep hitting you and kill you. However his shield is the most crucial thing in HOrde mode. without it it is scientiffically impossible to win horde(by that i mean beat every level).To use it grab it and block with it with LB/LT(forgot which one)to block bullets. however it must face the bullet to block it. In horde when you grab it hopefully you have a entrance that can be blocked by one boomshield. To plant it Block and hold A. A lot of people dont realise this and just press A. if you are lucky it will block the doorway.
Note.WIth a boomshield you can only use a pistol.

Hardest enemies
THese are the hardest enemies in the game that reappear through the game

Bloodmount
THey are easily noticable because they ride animal type things. It has a lot of health and can shoot and melee. Rapid Fire it to kil it.Now two things will happen a drone(beast rider)will get up of the dead animal and run to get into cover at which point you should kill him,or the beast rider will die and you must kill the animal becareful though since it runs wild.Able to die if you tag them with a grenade.

Kantus
The hardest in the game. Load of health. Carry Gorgon Pistols,dive to dodge bullets and can throw ink grenades. just keep shooting it. If it comes close shotgun it. If you manage to get it still,and your teammates dont shoot it then attempt to sniper it. The other option is grab your lancer(this is only for people who have lancers)and run up to it.It will scream and knock you down.THen get up and chainsaw it. If you kill it i salute you,if you die good luck next time and if you both die then know you died a honourable death(if its online plaY)because everyone hates kantuses or is that kantii no really which is it.

Before i end this section i should say a Torque Bow can kill anything here with a head shot.

Part 3
Horde Mode
Horde is a most likely the hardest thing in teh game.(not counting achievements).To win you need Boomshields or extreme Skill. I'm Gonna say this once Leave The Wretch.I lost level 45 because some idiot had no ammo,knocked down the shield and went looking for some.Of Course everything came in and we all died.I say leave the wretch because then you can go and look for ammo because wretches cant kill you(unless you keep getting attacked by it).

These guns get ammo no matter what happens at hte start of each round
Shotgun,Gorgon,Boltok,Grenades,Snub Pistol(the pistol you start out with),Lancer,Hammerburst(i have tested all of these)

After 10 levels the horde gets stronger and more health.

Im gonna also say this once.You can't have a Jackass on your team.By that i mean some guy who doesnt have a mic and ruins everything.The Idiot up above also didnt have a mic.(first paragraph of part 3).What you do is play a few horde games with people then play a private game wit them.You know how to chooose them because they have skill,they know what to do and most of all they dont kick down shields.

Shield Strategy
Okay once you start horde assign one or two people to shields.In every Gears of War 2 map you can find a place that is like a base.Find it and hide.From wave 8 and onwards have the 1 or 2 people set the shields that the maulers drop.(in case anyone forgets to plant a shield press LT and hold A)Make sure there isnt bodies lying at your bases doorstep because you cant place the boomshield on the bodies.So basically the shield is to stop the big guys coming in.Kill the Big enemys right there on the spot.If a Drone gets through he can easily knock your shield down and let the maulers,grinders etc through.Also kill sires when you see them.They will knock your shield down easily.Bolters are annoying.Kill them when you can.The Reason they are annoying is that they come to the entrance of your base then run away and repeat this means they can keep knocking your shield down.Remember leave a wretch so you can have two people(or three)grab the shields and go find some ammo.Head back and kill the wretch.Hold the shields till you hear the locust making a sound.Then place the shields.In the event you dont need ammo then hold onto the shields.If you dont pick them up and start the next wave they will dissappear.Do this for all 50 waves is one of the ways it can be done.

No Shield just SKill strategy.
Coming Soon.

« Last edited by ShadowStriker64 on Jun 27th 2009 »

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
gigorga Posted at: 18:57 Jun24 2009 Post ID: 2654787
gigorga
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I found a few errors already.
The biggest error/flaw i saw in this guide was "scientifically impossible to win horde without a shield" No offense, but if you cant beat horde without a shield, then your not good at the game at all. It requires combinations of headshots with the torque bow to take down the kantus's, boomers, maulers etc and if theres no torque bow, you risk your self sticking them with a frag.
The torque bow is an instant 1 hit headshot regardless of mode/monster/wave.
Also is a stick with a frag 1 hit kill.

On horde, ink frags prove to be ALOT more effective than frags. Throwing frags are usefull on horde wave 1 on easy mode, but when it comes to the higher waves/harder modes inks prove to be 300% more usefull, espcially in a 2-4x concrentrated ink. The only thing frags are good for is sticking to get out of tight situations other than that there considered useless. Due to it taking multiple frags to kill 1 drone on harder modes/waves.
A concentrated ink is sticking 2 or more inks all bundled up on a wall, and what ever goes inside it, is going to recieve massive damage per seccond+ you shooting them.

3 You forgot to mention[or never knew] killing kantus in 1 shot with the torque bow to the head
as i said before.along with every other character in the game.

4 you forgot to mention [ or didnt even know] you can stick a bloodmount with a frag and it explodes in 1 hit [just like any other character]

Also since you said you have no xbox live, then im asuming you havent updated you gears of war 2 once, meaning, you have the capability of doing the shotgun/shield glitch or shield/w.e weapon you want. You take out the pistol, punch, and during your punch you switch to the shotgun and pick up the shield. Your character should pick up the shield then pull out his shotgun or w.e weapon you wanted.

I didnt bother to read most of the tutorial, i just skimmed through and found errors,
Also, I have never lost a chainsaw duel to a drone once... so i suggest you get a free xbox live account and get a free update for the game if its glitchy.

Also dont mind me if im being in "attack mode" or being offensive, Today isnt my day.

Good Day.

-Gigorga

« Last edited by gigorga on Jun 27th 2009 »
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 03:09 Jun25 2009 Post ID: 2655192
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
none taken i'll add it later

you obviously have not chainsawed a cyclops.Attempt it, it is imposible on my game.

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

gigorga Posted at: 04:47 Jun27 2009 Post ID: 2657509
gigorga
+
+
On 25-Jun-2009 ShadowStriker64 said:none taken i'll add it later

you obviously have not chainsawed a cyclops.Attempt it, it is imposible on my game.
If you do not have Xbox Live, Or Online play for a game. Then you should not make a tutorial about a game that is mostly based on skills and tactics received from Online Play.

Ive played this game the first day it came out.

Obviously I tested the chainsaw the first day the game came out on every single thing you can chainsaw. And i have chainsawed many MANY cyclops. As i said before. If you do not have xbox live and did not update your Gears Of War 2 to fix any bugs or glitches. Than that is your fault your losing every single chainsaw battle. Because right now i tested your "impossible to chainsaw a cyclops, I "attempted" and i cut right through him

Also drones take 2/3 headshots with the sniper to kill on horde on higher waves
|Unless the tutorial is guided on casual as it seems like that|

Also

Quote "Grenadier Elite
Big GUy with a grenade Launcher(i think)Steer clear and shoot when you can. "

There called boomers. They hold the weapon "boomershot" and when they shoot they say "BOOM"
Hence the name Boomers, which you will see in the bottom left of your screen when you kill them.
Because there is no weapon called the grenade launcher in Gears Of War 2, so idk what your trying to say about the Grenadier Elite that fits the "boomers" description.

Grenadier elites are the Rambo guys with shotguns and boltok's, and frags.

Also the grinder [on a rare occasion] my not say "GRIND" when he is going to fire his mulcher.

Also with the shields, your supposed to place the shield backwards, to lower the chance of it being knocked down by an enemy dramatically.

-Sorry man me and my friend are getting carried away, because its 6:08 am -no sleep- and we found something to keep our selfs awake.... I like proving my point and being right... etc... just ignore the evil part of me... but yeah. lol Good Day Sir.

SGLeroy Posted at: 17:04 Jun27 2009 Post ID: 2658106
SGLeroy
+
+
Gigorga is totally right if this complete noob is going to make an in depth forum then he should
at least have the most recent update. Also a lot of this tutorial is inaccurate and should not be
influencing other players, Gigorga you should make a forum because u as i know obviously understand
the game and its features,Also next time you make a forum at least have someone look at it who has
online or updated Gears Of War 2.

-PS.Gigorga obviously deserves to waste his time on something more appropriate then this because i find the time i have wasted and the time Gigorga has wasted was more then enough. And i want the forum creator to at least look at his post and re edit this before he misinform others.

"Good Day Sir."

-SGLeroy.

« Last edited by SGLeroy on Jun 27th 2009 »
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 18:01 Jun27 2009 Post ID: 2658158
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
i was reading your first post gigora and know one thing.Bllodmounts may explode but are hard to tag.Only to be done in campaign.In horde the only time you should do it is when it comes into youre base or close.

gigorga Posted at: 18:42 Jun27 2009 Post ID: 2658198
gigorga
+
+
On 27-Jun-2009 ShadowStriker64 said:i was reading your first post gigora and know one thing.Bllodmounts may explode but are hard to tag.Only to be done in campaign.In horde the only time you should do it is when it comes into youre base or close.
As I said before in my correction. I said you can "RISK" your self sticking the blood mounts, because ive seen many failed attempts by people online, or my fail friends, but other than that. If you know what you are doing. You should be able to get away with it without the blood mount being a terrorist.

In the first post i made, it was clearly said when " you can risk your self sticking the kantus, boomers,maulers... and w.e else i said"

SGLeroy Posted at: 18:48 Jun27 2009 Post ID: 2658200
SGLeroy
+
+
lol Nathan, Its not a surprise finding you here in this category, being an *** and proving your points as usual, hey try not to be too hard on the other people lol.

lets go pwn on live.

-edit ps lets remake the tutorial our selfs.

« Last edited by SGLeroy on Jun 27th 2009 »
poke.addicted Posted at: 19:06 Jun27 2009 Post ID: 2658210
poke.addicted
+
+
SGLeroy, and gigorga, Explain to me why the two of you have identical IP addresses.
Yo.
gigorga Posted at: 05:28 Jun28 2009 Post ID: 2658454
gigorga
+
+
On 27-Jun-2009 poke.addicted said:SGLeroy, and gigorga, Explain to me why the two of you have identical IP addresses.
Easy.

SGLeroy is at my house, and has been at my house for the past 2 days for a sleepover.
And he recently made the account to also post his opinions.

Any other questions? Feel free to ask.

Good Day.
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 06:13 Jun28 2009 Post ID: 2658479
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
ooh spicy

SGleroy you can make a tutorial then.I have said a GUIDE not a TUTORIAL.This isnt for beginers who need help to learn the commands.This is for people who are stuck in Horde trying to find the right weapon combos etc.SO if you want to make a tutorial go right ahead.

poke.addicted Posted at: 06:35 Jun28 2009 Post ID: 2658483
poke.addicted
+
+
On 28-Jun-2009 gigorga said:Easy.

SGLeroy is at my house, and has been at my house for the past 2 days for a sleepover.
And he recently made the account to also post his opinions.

Any other questions? Feel free to ask.

Good Day.
You can have a friend on here all you want, should one of the accounts get in trouble, both get banned. I suggest not having both come on at the same house, to make sure both accounts don't get into trouble, if any. Plus, your IP is different now, than it was when I searched your name through the forum. Before your friend came on here, anyway. I wonder why that is. Just keep it a reminder, multi-accounts from one location is not permitted here, and will be seen by the rest as talking to yourself since both IPs matched. Smile
Yo.
gigorga Posted at: 13:15 Jun28 2009 Post ID: 2658724
gigorga
+
+
On 28-Jun-2009 poke.addicted said:You can have a friend on here all you want, should one of the accounts get in trouble, both get banned. I suggest not having both come on at the same house, to make sure both accounts don't get into trouble, if any. Plus, your IP is different now, than it was when I searched your name through the forum. Before your friend came on here, anyway. I wonder why that is. Just keep it a reminder, multi-accounts from one location is not permitted here, and will be seen by the rest as talking to yourself since both IPs matched. Smile
SmileTo me it doesn't really matter at all. If you would like to see SGLeroy log in at his house today, feel free to check.

Personally, If my account gets banned for having a friend over, then I couldn't care less, because Its been what? 3 years since I came back to visit this community. Hasn't changed much I see.

And also by the way, IP addresses tend to change when you move locations 3 years ago, and change internet providers. That should explain my IP address is different now, and also the fact im at my uncles house for the entire summer. So my ip address is going to be in alot of places, and its probably going to keep on changing for a long time.

Any more " I wonder why that is." or questions? Feel free to ask.

Good-Day. Smile
poke.addicted Posted at: 15:10 Jun28 2009 Post ID: 2659021
poke.addicted
+
+
"And also by the way, IP addresses tend to change when you move locations 3 years ago, and change internet providers."

Response to that statement. Your IP address on May 31st, 2009 was different than it is now. Have an answer to that, then?

You judge a site, based off what little experience you had on it years ago. If you are to talk to more people, get to know others, then your opinion of the site would guarantee change.
Yo.
gigorga Posted at: 19:29 Jun28 2009 Post ID: 2659377
gigorga
+
+
On 28-Jun-2009 poke.addicted said:"And also by the way, IP addresses tend to change when you move locations 3 years ago, and change internet providers."

Response to that statement. Your IP address on May 31st, 2009 was different than it is now. Have an answer to that, then?

You judge a site, based off what little experience you had on it years ago. If you are to talk to more people, get to know others, then your opinion of the site would guarantee change.
Let me see. The possibilities, I could of been at my moms house, or perhaps my dads, maybe my dads girl friends, possibly my uncles maybe at a friends house? Who knows, I don't keep track of my self when im on super cheats, im not that dedicated to keep a personal calendar for super cheats. Espcially almost a month ago.

The questions you are now asking are beginning to waste my time. I'm done exchanging sentences that lead to nowere, now if you would excuse me im off to my little brother's birthday party

Good-Day. Smile
Cross Stinger Posted at: 20:36 Jun28 2009 Post ID: 2659487
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
+
Don't try to wend your way out of questions by talking back to an admin, gigorga.

We ask these questions to ensure that people are not using accounts to take on different personae and both break the site's database or frustrate disciplinary action.

If you talk back again, you will be banned for a week.

« Last edited by Cross Stinger on Jun 28th 2009 »
gigorga Posted at: 16:49 Jun29 2009 Post ID: 2660313
gigorga
+
+
On 28-Jun-2009 Cross Stinger said:Don't try to wend your way out of questions by talking back to an admin, gigorga.

We ask these questions to ensure that people are not using accounts to take on different personae and both break the site's database or frustrate disciplinary action.

If you talk back again, you will be banned for a week.
The question was answered in my first reply when I said my friend was at my house for a sleep over.

I was not talking back to the admin. I was replying. If I cannot get my point across knowing very well im 100% right. Then it is pointless to exchange words. I do believe i answered it when he asked " Could you explain why you and SGLeroy have the exact same IP addresses?" -or somewere along those lines."

If that is not enough proof, and I must be interrogated on my personal life due to a friend sleeping over at my house, which shouldn't be handed out in this forum because an admin or someone asked. The questions the he/she was asking me was only answerable if I gave out personal information. And as I was posting this, i took a direct quote from -whoever made this-
"Please do not give out personal information on our forum. "

Then please do not ask personal questions on your forum.

And if nothing is "believable enough", nothing I say is getting me anywere Then as I said before, the questions are wasting my time.

If you would like "hardcore proof" you could either
0 Ask. -Somehow failed-
1 Violate your own rules and ask for pictures in the Gears Of War 2 Forum
2 Add us both on Xbox Live.
3 Add us both on hotmail
4 Let him log in at his own house?
5 All else fails

Banned or not banned. Regardless of all this crap everyone has posted and even me.
I have a question for you two.

If I was lieing, do you really think I would go to such great lengths to prove that im innocent on a forum that I joined in my childhood?

Banned/IP banned/Mac Banned/ or not, Im going to finish my other tutorial with the assistance of SGLeroy, my best friend for many years.

Just perfect to see everyone can see this.

Learn from my mistakes people, dont have a friend over and post on supercheats with your friend.
Or this will create chaos.

Im off to my friends. Good-Day.Smile

-Edit Also I came back to ask, Is Ashema alright? Its been a few years.

« Last edited by gigorga on Jun 29th 2009 »
Youkou Posted at: 17:46 Jun29 2009 Post ID: 2660338
Youkou
C:\Program Files
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Yes I am alright o_O

Why I'm being randomly mentioned in this forum? lol
Xeta Posted at: 17:54 Jun29 2009 Post ID: 2660341
Xeta
Beneta
Post Likes: 79
+
+
They do seem to get off topic.
ozzo said:xeta actually makes a lot of sense most of the time

if everyone agreed with him more often we wouldnt have this problem
qwertyuio Posted at: 17:59 Jun29 2009 Post ID: 2660345
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
Looks to me like gigorga is a perfectly good (and quite intelligent) member, if I may say so myself.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close