Search this topic:

Displaying Page 1 of 2. First | Next | 1 | 2 | Last | Go To Page:
Down to Quick Reply Report Topic

Post ID: 3087852 Posted at: 21-Jan-2012 04:44:50
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 12
+
Am I the only one here who is continuously moving away from the video games world?

I mean, these days, I rarely try out new franchises and whatnot because they do little to keep me interested. And now many of the series I have been following all these years are beginning to fade too.

I can't be bothered with Mario (who has always been better in 2D) or Pokemon any more. There haven't been any PROPER new Fire Emblem games since 2008 and the new original one coming out this year is for the ******* 3DS. Zelda's big screen games are the only ones in the series that interest me, and they come out sporadically. Silent Hill is a recently discovered series for me, but I've already got the best three games in the series, the first three, although Downpour looks good. I never really followed Final Fantasy but the series is well past its prime, from what I've heard. Resident Evil is just about the only thing that's keeping me going at the moment, along with FIFA, but that's a different field (pun not intended), really. And so, I find myself looking into classics and old video games...pretty much anything from when home consoles began til 2005 or so.

But there's the problem! The games market has turned to utter ****! It's suffering under a plethora of FPS games (I own one, MW2, and I feel no need to buy any other COD games or even FPS games because they just all seem like the same thing in a different setting, and nobody plays the single player modes anyway) and free-roaming games like the Elder Scrolls series and Fallout 3 (okay, I haven't play Skyrim so I'm not going to judge it but I find games in this particular field, such as Oblivion and Fallout 3, to be too boring and far too non-linear). There isn't really much else going on. Not enough innovation any more, but the last 'original' kind of game I tried out was Mirror's Edge and that was ******* terrible!

/rant over

(I copied and pasted this from my post on PXE so excuse the occasional naughty word that I can't be bothered to edit out)

Sig and avatar by Ozzo. Thanks.

PXE!
+
Reply Add Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Post ID: 3087885 Posted at: 21-Jan-2012 09:43:47
steelersrock01
Admin
Post Likes: 61
+
In some ways I agree. I certainly don't play games as much as I did say 5 or 6 years ago. Now, I do buy COD every year, but that's only because all of my friends buy it and it's the only game we all have in common. Now it seems like the only games I play are sports games and COD.

It's also forced me to turn to the older generations of games. I find myself playing more NES/SNES/N64/GameBoy/PS1 games than I do PS3 or current PC. Which in some ways, is a good thing, because I'm starting to find some gems that I missed when I was growing up.

+
Post ID: 3087946 Posted at: 21-Jan-2012 14:53:00
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Banned
Post Likes: 51
+
I try out new games/franchiese quite often. Although I don't often buy them. I think as I'm getting older, I'm finding sitting around playing PS3 as much as I did to be just as boring as sitting around doing nothing. I mean, last night I spent 4 hours playing Black Ops Zombies with a mate, which was great fun, but that would've been about how long I could stand running in circles throwing grenades at the zombies before I lead the train to my friend to get him stuck & listen to him worm his way out xD

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
+
Post ID: 3088107 Posted at: 22-Jan-2012 12:31:59
Volke
Executioner
+
steelersrock01 said:It's also forced me to turn to the older generations of games. I find myself playing more NES/SNES/N64/GameBoy/PS1 games than I do PS3 or current PC. Which in some ways, is a good thing, because I'm starting to find some gems that I missed when I was growing up.

Same here. It's how I discovered the early Resident Evil titles, and Silent Hill.

I even went further back in time and downloaded Kirby's Adventure on the Wii. It's fantastic!

PXE!
+
Post ID: 3088121 Posted at: 22-Jan-2012 13:10:26
marielue5
Post Likes: 0
+
I actually disagree, I thought that this year was the best year in gaming I've ever seen. I am a huge Zelda fan and Skyward Sword was outstanding. I also like playing Modern Warfare with friends, and while I do agree that MW3 is pretty much the same as the others it is still fun to play if you personally know the people you are playing with. Skyrim was my favorite game of the year (although I am bias towards Bethesda games)and there were even a couple good games that were not extremely popular like Arkham City and the new portal.

Although I do understand where you are coming from with your premise, it seems as though these new audiences have "dumbed down" (if you will) gaming. I am worried because Nintendo seems to have the strategy of trying to please a new gaming audience, which is to say that they are basically making games for non-hardcore gamer's. While I agree with that strategy from a marketing standpoint, I can't say I agree with it as a fan. Then there's Microsoft and Sony who try to reach the teenage group with amazing graphics and gore. All I want is innovative game-play with respectable graphics, and I agree with you in the sense that there are not to many of those games out there. But it's tough to say it was a bad year in gaming when looking at games such as Skyward Sword, Dark Souls, and Skyrim
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

+
Post ID: 3088126 Posted at: 22-Jan-2012 13:20:29
balthiersbit
Dinosaurs need hugs too!
+
Im still a gaming ho at 33 and I dont care.

Thanx to .Impact for making me dino! Thanks hubbeh for the avi.
Hotmail: nikkihardyathotmaildotcom.
Vasco said:Rich only promoted Nikki to have a female Super-Moderator. Just so women couldn't complain.

PXE<33
+
Post ID: 3092602 Posted at: 09-Feb-2012 23:20:50
M.J
+
Making it harder and harder every year or two for people with medical problems (mostly seizures) to play video games. Pretty soon everything is going to be 3D, then my brother and I won't be able to play video games unless it's the older ones.

I admit I got the DSi when it first came out but now with the 3DS I can't play those. I haven't played games for months honestly. I'm really waiting for RE6 to be released in Nov. and as for Skyrim, I've played my brother's copy but I'm waiting for the game of the year edition or special edition because the version out now has way too many problems.
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
+
Post ID: 3092620 Posted at: 10-Feb-2012 03:35:01
balthiersbit
Dinosaurs need hugs too!
+
^I dont know, I still think 3D is some sort of fad that will end up just remaining in the cinemas. 3DS flunked. Its cheaper to buy than the older DS's. The 3DTVs, I don't know a single person who has bought one (normal, with the price of them) nor a single person who wants one.

Thanx to .Impact for making me dino! Thanks hubbeh for the avi.
Hotmail: nikkihardyathotmaildotcom.
Vasco said:Rich only promoted Nikki to have a female Super-Moderator. Just so women couldn't complain.

PXE<33
+
Post ID: 3092626 Posted at: 10-Feb-2012 04:06:17
Volke
Executioner
+
I agree. 3D is just the result of developers (not just in games, mind you) thinking "okay, graphical/image quality isn't going to get much better...what do we do now? Oh wait, let's try 3D!"

It just seems to be the trend at the moment. I can't play those 3DS things either...tried and just got a massive headache.

And MJ, you're a fellow Resident Evil fan?

PXE!
+
Post ID: 3093117 Posted at: 11-Feb-2012 15:00:26
Jakethesnake14
The master of War
Post Likes: 1
+
The only real game I play nowadays is Skyrim (And occasionally Battlefield 3). But you're right, game's have become extremely unoriginal. Every game has already been reproduced at least twice, and the current developer can't seem to make it any better than it originally was.

Craizen for my sig and avy <3

+
Post ID: 3093134 Posted at: 11-Feb-2012 15:25:49
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Admin
Post Likes: 11
+
As far as Pokémon is concerned, Pokémon Black and White were disappointing. I've been told that it may be because I'm getting divorced from the franchise, but the fact is that I felt that creativity and innovation were really sold down the river in this case. Most of the Pokémon were re-hashes of those from earlier generations, which makes the decision by Play! Pokémon, the tournament organisation authority, to permit only Pokémon native to western Unova seem even less gracious.

+
Post ID: 3093145 Posted at: 11-Feb-2012 15:43:53
Xeta
Beneta
+
Eh.

I don't really play video games much anymore but there are some great ones still being made. Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption to name two.
+
Post ID: 3093205 Posted at: 11-Feb-2012 18:19:01
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 2
+
Xeta said:Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption to name two.

SWEET! TWO GAMES! GAMING IS SAVED!

;)
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3

PIXEL EUPHORIA
^Join for awesomeness!^
+
Post ID: 3093249 Posted at: 11-Feb-2012 19:26:22
Guy117
The Guy
Post Likes: 3
+
I think games have always been great and I've played lots of games from many periods and gaming history like Ice Climbers, Super Castlevania 4, Metal Gear Solid 1, Skyrim, Mass Effect 1 and 2, etc. They are all equally great to me. 2011 was a great year in gaming. Games like Dark Souls, Skyward Sword, Skyrim, Sonic Generations, Gears of War 3, and Mortal Kombat were released. I don't see why people are saying that games are slowly getting less entertaining.
Nothing to see here...
+
Post ID: 3093296 Posted at: 11-Feb-2012 21:12:42
Xeta
Beneta
+
geezerguy said:

;)

;_;
+
Post ID: 3093297 Posted at: 11-Feb-2012 21:15:31
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 2
+
Xeta said:
geezerguy said:

;)

;_;

Stop crying, *****
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3

PIXEL EUPHORIA
^Join for awesomeness!^
+
Post ID: 3094583 Posted at: 17-Feb-2012 02:03:49
M.J
+
Volke said:I agree. 3D is just the result of developers (not just in games, mind you) thinking "okay, graphical/image quality isn't going to get much better...what do we do now? Oh wait, let's try 3D!"

It just seems to be the trend at the moment. I can't play those 3DS things either...tried and just got a massive headache.

Why yes I am. Played them all in fact. Why, I'm curious?
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
+
Post ID: 3094614 Posted at: 17-Feb-2012 03:43:04
Volke
Executioner
+
M.J said:
Volke said:I agree. 3D is just the result of developers (not just in games, mind you) thinking "okay, graphical/image quality isn't going to get much better...what do we do now? Oh wait, let's try 3D!"

Why yes I am. Played them all in fact. Why, I'm curious?

It's just good to see another Resi fan around here.

PXE!
+
Post ID: 3095197 Posted at: 18-Feb-2012 20:31:48
M.J
+
Oh. I see I see. I'm anxious for the 6th one now.
+
Post ID: 3095461 Posted at: 19-Feb-2012 21:23:01
nightmare2
Lord of Nightmares
Post Likes: 31
+
I kinda agree with you, but there are still a few games out there that I enjoy. lately I have been trying different genres since i have increased lack of interest for what I currently have. Though generally most games seem to be way to similar. I only buy new CODs so I can play them with my friends but other than that I am content with just W@W or MW1. They are pretty much exactly the same. Bethesda's games are still pretty good but personally they are too light.
Only a few games are really looking worthwhile for me, 2011 only had AC Revelations and Skyrim. But I am looking forweard to Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, and Darksiders 2. They are each pretty original for games comapred to many of the others out there. But yeah no longer can I spend more than an hour or two playing games.
Sir Adam of Peridot Nightmares

Go visit the Fan Fiction and Role Playing Forum and check out what is there maybe you will see something of interest and feel free to stay and have a cup of -insert beverage of choice here- and some cookies. It's on the house! Well it would be if I had a house...
+
Displaying Page 1 of 2. First | Next | 1 | 2 | Last | Go To Page:

Members viewing this thread:
Reply in this thread
You are not logged in. Please register or log in to keep track of your posts, subscribe to forums, set your name and avatar and fully interact with our site and members. You can post in certain forums without registering but you will not be able to post videos, images or links.
Smilies, click to use

Please do not give out personal information on this forum.
By posting on the SuperCheats forums, you agree to adhere to our forum rules.

BB Codes Guide

Please agree to the following Forum Rules to post here

1) Be respectful of others and don't abuse in any way other site users.
2) Please don't post personally identifiable information.
3) No linking to or advertising hacks, cracks, gambling or adult material.
4) Post with a purpose, i.e don't spam or just post a ton of smilies!
5) Remember minors also use this board, so be careful with your language.

I Agree