Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Grand Theft Auto 4

Midnight GTAIV sales see stabbing, mugging

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
superblobby Posted at: 13:36 Apr30 2008 Post ID: 2222704
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
+
There are potential idiots roaming the streets, that need this slight motivation.

But it would've happened in time anyway.
England; time setters for the entire world.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
cheatos_42 Posted at: 14:34 Apr30 2008 Post ID: 2222740
cheatos_42
Post Likes: 0
+
+
True. Thinking far, far ahead.
My friend said there will be no GTA V.
He said its because of these stabbings. I think he's a liar.
superblobby Posted at: 14:55 Apr30 2008 Post ID: 2222765
superblobby
Please Don't Stop The Banter
Post Likes: 21
+
+
Rockstar would be fools not to.
England; time setters for the entire world.
J.ack/c Posted at: 10:42 May01 2008 Post ID: 2223701
J.ack/c
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Anyone who stabs someone over a game needs their heads checking. it's madness.
All work and no games makes Jack a dull boy.
All work and no games makes... You get the picture.
XBOX LIVE:Spitfire0792
therapper Posted at: 06:28 May03 2008 Post ID: 2225423
therapper
+
+
On 29-Apr-2008 koolkid24 said:Police say one man apparently waiting in line attacked a passerby, while a teenager elsewhere was beaten up for his copy of the game.

By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot

Midnight launches aren't always the gaming industry's proudest moments. The PlayStation 3 release in particular was riddled with launch-related crimes, including a mugging, a store robbery, a launch line hold-up, and a shooting.

Grand Theft Auto IV went on sale in stores around the world at 12:01 a.m. this morning, and already reports of criminal midnight launch madness are starting to filter in. BBC News is reporting on a pair of incidents, with news of a stabbing outside a Gamestation in Croydon and a mugging by another game store in Lancashire.

According to the news service, a 23-year-old man was attacked by a knife-wielding assailant as he passed a line outside the Gamestation. The victim was treated for several stab wounds and has since been released. The attacker, who police said appeared to be waiting in the line of about 50 to 100 people, was not apprehended.

In the mugging, an 18-year-old was robbed of his copy of the game and beaten as he walked home from the store with a friend. The victim was taken to the hospital with a broken jaw and a broken nose.

Police are asking for witnesses in both cases to step forward.
no wonder there was armed cops around when i whent to get the game

05/06 hall of famer

RIP Proof
RIP tu Pac

2 of the best rappers ever

cred to v-gamer for the avatar
Aaden Foli Posted at: 20:22 May03 2008 Post ID: 2226261
Aaden Foli
+
+
On 30-Apr-2008 superblobby said:As long as it's not in the UK, I'm fine withit =P

It was banned in Australia, for a while, but I think they're allowe it now, due to Rockstar releasing an edited version, with less graphic scenes...
The year after GTA: SA came out, the games were banned for about a month, but the government or whatever soon caved, and we've heard nothing about it since.
Murcielago Posted at: 22:00 May03 2008 Post ID: 2226387
Murcielago
Firing On All 12 Cylinders.
+
+
On 29-Apr-2008 koolkid24 said:Police say one man apparently waiting in line attacked a passerby, while a teenager elsewhere was beaten up for his copy of the game.

By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot

Midnight launches aren't always the gaming industry's proudest moments. The PlayStation 3 release in particular was riddled with launch-related crimes, including a mugging, a store robbery, a launch line hold-up, and a shooting.

Grand Theft Auto IV went on sale in stores around the world at 12:01 a.m. this morning, and already reports of criminal midnight launch madness are starting to filter in. BBC News is reporting on a pair of incidents, with news of a stabbing outside a Gamestation in Croydon and a mugging by another game store in Lancashire.

According to the news service, a 23-year-old man was attacked by a knife-wielding assailant as he passed a line outside the Gamestation. The victim was treated for several stab wounds and has since been released. The attacker, who police said appeared to be waiting in the line of about 50 to 100 people, was not apprehended.

In the mugging, an 18-year-old was robbed of his copy of the game and beaten as he walked home from the store with a friend. The victim was taken to the hospital with a broken jaw and a broken nose.

Police are asking for witnesses in both cases to step forward.
This is exactly why I wait until the next day to get major games. No major problems, just protect the game!

Murcie is back.
J.ack/c Posted at: 05:13 May05 2008 Post ID: 2227787
J.ack/c
Forum GuestMember
+
+
The kid was stabbed in the UK, so was the lad who got his copy stolen off him by a pair of chavs.
nicko 9000 Posted at: 09:14 May05 2008 Post ID: 2228020
nicko 9000
Icanhascustomtitle
+
+
On 01-May-2008 J.ack/c said:Anyone who stabs someone over a game needs their heads checking. it's madness.
its not madness, its SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
sXe

qwertyuio Posted at: 20:36 May05 2008 Post ID: 2229018
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
I played them all. Starting at like 9. :O I didn't turn out to be a messed up child now did I. *Youkou shut up* These games really do get to much bad credit. I admit it is crazy what people do from them though. 0-0 Thing is, it's what THE PEOPLE do, not the game.
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
J.ack/c Posted at: 10:19 May06 2008 Post ID: 2229394
J.ack/c
Forum GuestMember
+
+
If you're stupid enough to let a game influence you then you really shouldn't be allowed to play games....
Displaying Page 2 of 2

1 | Last     Previous
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close