Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Halo 3

Legendary too Easy?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Dark Jmo Posted at: 03:45 Feb27 2008 Post ID: 2136587
Dark Jmo
Post Likes: 0
+
+
The answer: YES

Compared to the Halo 2 legendary, it is a walk in the park. Why? The Jackel snipers. They now shoot at a slower rate. But it was this that made man of the levels in halo 2 VERY challenging for me. I even knew a guy who said that normal was harder (which doesn't make any sense, the only reasone you may find normal harder is if your braver, and decide to charge head on into every battle). Seriously though, I need to play with skulls active to get a bit of a challenge on most levels. Though it may be just because I'm so awsome at campaign (multiplayer? not so much). But still, slowing down the jackel snipers is alsoa good thing, I could never beat Outskirts, but now i don't have any problem with any Halo 3 level now.

Also, THE BRUTE SHOTS! My beloved brute shots, they have been fixed! why! they we're more fun back then. Now they're mini rocket launchers. But I do like the plasma grenades now. Instant kill and it's not even stuck? Frag's now do the worst damage (you CAN'T score ANY instant kills with them)

Oh well...

« Last edited by Dark Jmo on Feb 29th 2008 »
Destroying the world is a lot like eating yoghurt, you use a spoon.

JMO Lord of Spoons

GRAVEMIND

Want to contact me for any reason? My Gamertag is: JMO 137
qwertyuio Posted at: 08:58 Feb27 2008 Post ID: 2136695
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
I disagree with the frag part. Frags are good. From what my friends said they beleive Halo 3 was harder, I have never played much of Halo '2 campaign so I wouldn't know. Brute Shot = Weakened a lot since Halo 2
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 20:45 Feb28 2008 Post ID: 2138235
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Agree about the easier part, disagree with everything else. It's true that it's not as tough as Halo 2 or 1 campaign, and here's an equation that explains why: Elite > Brute. The Elites have shields that recharge, and they're smart about shooting. If you take down a brute's shields, they charge reclessly, making them an easy target. Elites fire the whole time, making them much tougher. Since they're smaller, they're also smaller targets. And you know why they weakened the brute shot? One word: Balance. It has one of the best melee's in the game, so you HAVE to weaken it's power, otherwise it's almost a rocket launcher with a 6 clip and a sword glued onto it. It may have been more fun for the person with the brute shot, but not for the person being attack. It's almost like the other person was hacking. You're just too sore because Bungie knows how to balance the game. Why do you think the Pistol went from godly to crappy within a matter of one game? The frags have also been fixed. Know why? UNBALANCED!

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
Sacred_Light Posted at: 00:05 Feb29 2008 Post ID: 2138404
Sacred_Light
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Yeah i suppose it has changed a bit. But the brute shots are still awesome.
[center]I am now known as Divinity
Dark Jmo Posted at: 00:46 Feb29 2008 Post ID: 2138420
Dark Jmo
+
+
Yes the brute shots are better. But in halo 2 they were funner. It was awsome having matches with my friends where it was no shields so the brute shots did instant kills. Killing someone from the other side of the map made me feel so proud of myself. and it was funny...

And um.... The brute shots are better then in halo 2. They may not be as powerful, but seeing as they shoot straight now, they are stronger.

Frags are good, im just saying they are the weakest nade. They are good for giving you the upper hand in battles, or for finishing of opponants

And yes the brutes, i did forget to mention them... They are very easy once you get the armor off (and getting it off is easy too!), the only hard thing about them is if you shoot the chest and not head, they can survive heaps of bullets then, the sheilds also dont recharge if you take off their amor. And the cheifmens can prove some diffculty.

« Last edited by Dark Jmo on Feb 29th 2008 »
Destroying the world is a lot like eating yoghurt, you use a spoon.

JMO Lord of Spoons

GRAVEMIND

Want to contact me for any reason? My Gamertag is: JMO 137
Sacred_Light Posted at: 00:49 Feb29 2008 Post ID: 2138422
Sacred_Light
+
+
lol. thats funny.
/-/ Jett /-/ Posted at: 23:25 Feb29 2008 Post ID: 2139265
/-/ Jett /-/
+
+
i dissagree, id say spike grenades are the weakest, also, in multiplayer you can use the brute shot like a shotty, shoot then melee.

Add me on xbox live, Il AZA Il if you can't see the 2 letters on each side of AZA there an i and an L, I play COD 4 and Halo 3.

Gamertag is iL AZA iL except i's are caps L's are lower case.
[/center]
Sacred_Light Posted at: 00:47 Mar01 2008 Post ID: 2139307
Sacred_Light
+
+
Isn't spike greandes the same damage as plasma?
shadowfire1138 Posted at: 10:49 Mar02 2008 Post ID: 2140856
shadowfire1138
+
+
no, and tbh, halo 1 was probably the hardest and longest, halo 3 takes 6 hours on legendary with all skulls on... ive done it lmao....

yes the snipers in halo 2 are alot more accurate and hader to avoid- e.g one shot kill for them in halo 2 , ever shot usually hits, halo 3 they miss, and bring u to low but not 1 hit kill, IF they actually hit u :()

Havn't been around for a year :(.
/-/ Jett /-/ Posted at: 15:13 Mar05 2008 Post ID: 2144799
/-/ Jett /-/
+
+
On 01-Mar-2008 Sacred_Light said:Isn't spike greandes the same damage as plasma?
Sure if you stick them, but if you throw a spike nade and miss them and it lands next to them, it will do a lot less damage than a plasma. I don't think it even gets you to red.

Add me on xbox live, Il AZA Il if you can't see the 2 letters on each side of AZA there an i and an L, I play COD 4 and Halo 3.

Gamertag is iL AZA iL except i's are caps L's are lower case.
[/center]
imaloony8.0 Posted at: 21:10 Mar05 2008 Post ID: 2145562
imaloony8.0
Loony and Proud
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Ah yes. The Halo 2 swipe-snipe.

Spike grenades are also less aeorodynamic. If you toss a plasma and a spike from the same spot, the plasma will go farther.

I HAVE played Halo 1 Legendary after playing a few Legendary/ Heroic levels from Halo 3, and I couldn't get through level 2 of Halo 1. Halo 1 is the hardest game of the series. (Despite that, it has the best pistol and assault rifle.)

Wanna listen to me rant about stuff? I started a blog!
https://theloonybinblog.wordpress.com/
brandon2ko Posted at: 16:14 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2163037
brandon2ko
Exiled is a Life Style
+
+
i say halo3 legendary is easy for me
Swampert_King456 Posted at: 16:34 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2163085
Swampert_King456
+
+
I can't seem to beat either legendary by myself...and I beleive Halo 3 is a bit more challenging for me...I can't even get passed level 1 on Legendary...damn snipers. I did a lot better on Halo 2 legendary.
qwertyuio Posted at: 22:56 Mar19 2008 Post ID: 2163533
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
Can you not see this was an illegal bump Swampert? Watch out or those things,

-LOCKED-
Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread: