Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Maple Story

Path of the Bowman

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

JCP Da Blitz Posted at: 14:09 Aug28 2007 Post ID: 1881803
JCP Da Blitz
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hey, Da Blitz here to explain the Archer's path in the Game. Enter Da Blitz for this is my fav. job, Execute.

Ok, to become a Archer in this game, you need to be LV 10 and 25 DEX(Dexterity) and then head to Henesys and talk to Athena Pierce to get the job Archer. Once you advance, you'll get the LV 1 Skill Book and 1 SP(Skill Point). You'll get 3 SP every time you LV up. Use these to advance and master your new skills.
Extras for advancing to Bowman: Your HP + MP will increase about 50% of current HP and MP. Also, extra slots in your Equip and Use item slots.

Passive Moves = Abilities that activate on their own.
Supportive Moves = Abilities that you activate then stay for a certain amount of time.
Active Moves = Abilities that you need to activate yourself constantly.
Max Stats = Describtion of Skill at MAX.
Comments: = My opinions about certain moves, to use or not to use.

Skill Book 1: The Basics of a Bowman

Amazon's Bless(The Blessing of Amazon) Master LV: 16:Accuracy +16
Increases accuracy.
Comments: Only put more than 3 SP in this skill if u have moves u do not wish 2 put SP in, like, for me, Final Attack and Power Knock-Back.

Amazon's Eye(The Eye of Amazon) Master LV: 8:Range of attack for bows and crossbows +120
Need: 3 SP of Amazon's Bless
Increases the range of attack for both bows and crossbows.

Critical Shot Master LV: 20:40% success rate, critical damage 200%
Allows you to perform a critical attack with a certain success rate.
Comments: A little criticale never hurt anyone, 'cept monsters. Max it.

Focus Master LV: 20:MP -16; accuracy +20 and avoidability +20 for 300 seconds
Need: 3 SP of Amazon's Bless
Focussing to temporarily increase accuracy and avoidability.
Comments: A support skill that is just nice to have. Max it if can.

Arrow Blow Master LV: 20:MP -14; Damage 260%
Fires an arrow with authority. Applies more damage than usual.
Comments: Most don't like to use this move, though it's just Power Strike in Bowman form. Extra SP can go here.

Double Shot Master LV: 20:MP -16; Damage 130% x 2 Hits
Need: 1 SP of Arrow Blow
Fires two arrows at once to attack an enemy twice.
Comments: Max it. Won't get better move 'till 3rd job.

NOTE: NO. You can not master all of these moves . You must choose which ones you will master and/or particially master.

Once you reach LV 30, you can choose 2 different paths: Hunter and Crossbowman.

2nd Job

Go to Bowman Instructional School in Henesys once you've reached Lv 30. Go inside, talk to Athena Pierce. She'll give you a letter and you've to pass it to the job advancement instructor near Henesys. After giving the letter, you'll be given an errand to collect 30 Dark Marbles by defeating the monsters inside. Be careful to stock your potions up before you start collecting the 30 Dark Marbles.

Once you've collected 30 Dark Marbles, talk to the instructor, and the instructor will award you with a Proof of a Hero. Go back to Henesys's Instructional Bowman School, and talk to Athena Pierce once again, where then you'll advance as the Hunter or Crossbowman, whatever u choose.

Hunter

Skill Book 2: Hunter's Guide

Bow Mastery Master LV: 20:+60% bow mastery, +20 accuracy
Increases the bow mastery and accuracy. It only applies when a bow is in hand.
Comments: Fully max it. Reason: 4th job skill, Bow Expert.

Final Attack: Bow Master LV: 30:60% success rate, final attack with bow damage 250%
Need: 3 SP of Bow Mastery
With a certain success rate, another attack follows after performing an attacking skill. Only works with a bow in hand.
Comments: This Final Attack FAILs. Unlike Warriors, the attack only fires a single arrow, not the same attack. no SP into plz

Bow Booster Master LV: 20:HP -10, MP-10; Increase in bow attacking speed for 200 seconds
Need: 5 SP of Bow Mastery
Uses HP and MP to temporarily boost up the attacking speed of the bow. It only works with a bow in hand.
Comments: ALWAYS max Booster.

Power Knock-Back Master LV: 20:MP -15; Knock-back +40%, damage 200%, knock-back 6 enemies
Improves the success rate of knocking back the enemies far when swinging the bow. The higher the level, the higher the number of enemies the character can knock down.
Comments: This move is a choice. When I maxed it and went into 3rd job, I completely forgot I had the move set in my attack list. Put SP in if u want to.

Soul Arrow Master LV: 20:MP -20; Attack for 600 seconds without using up an arrow
Need: 5 SP of Bow Booster
Temporarily allows the character to fire bow arrows without using up the arrows. Only works with a bow in hand.
Comments: COMPLETELY essential. Max it.

Arrow Bomb Master LV: 30:MP -28; Stunner 60%, damage 130%
Fires arrows with bombs attached to it. If struck cleanly, the bomb explodes on the enemy, knocking out some of the enemies around with a certain success rate. Can't attack more than 6 at once, and it only works with a bow in hand.
Comments:
Pros: can Stun, mob attack, and great for aerial mobs
Cons: only explodes if it hits.

Crossbowman

Skill Book 2: Crossbowman's Guide

Crossbow Mastery Master LV: 20:+60% crossbow mastery, +20 accuracy
Increases the crossbow mastery and accuracy. It only applies when a crossbow is in hand.
Comments: Fully max it. Reason: 4th job skill, Bow Expert.

Final Attack: Crossbow Master LV: 30:60% success rate, final attack with crossbow damage 250%
Need: 3 SP of Crossbow Mastery
With a certain success rate, another attack follows after performing an attacking skill. Only works with a crossbow in hand.
Comments: This Final Attack FAILs. Unlike Warriors, the attack only fires a single arrow, not the same attack. no SP into plz

Crossbow Booster Master LV: 20:HP -10, MP-10; Increase in crossbow attacking speed for 200 seconds
Need: 5 SP of Crossbow Mastery
Uses HP and MP to temporarily boost up the attacking speed of the crossbow. It only works with a crossbow in hand.
Comments: ALWAYS max Booster.

Power Knock-Back Master LV: 20:MP -15; Knock-back +40%, damage 200%, knock-back 6 enemies
Improves the success rate of knocking back the enemies far when swinging the crossbow. The higher the level, the higher the number of enemies the character can knock down.
Comments: This move is a choice. When I maxed it and went into 3rd job, I completely forgot I had the move set in my attack list. Put SP in if u want to.

Soul Arrow Master LV: 20:MP -20; Attack for 600 seconds without using up an arrow
Need: 5 SP of Crossbow Booster
Temporarily allows the character to fire crossbow arrows without using up the arrows. Only works with a crossbow in hand.
Comments: COMPLETELY essential. Max it.

Iron Arrow Master LV: 30:MP -28; Damage 180%
The arrow that's fired goes through the enemy and damages the ones behind it. The damage decreases for every enemy it goes through, and it can't damage more than 6 at once. Only works with a crossbow in hand.
Comments:
Pros: Fire through anything.
Cons: loses power.

NOTE: NO. You can not master all of these moves . You must choose which ones you will master and/or particially master.

Once you reach LV 70, your next job WILL depend on your 2nd job choice: Hunter--> Ranger; Crossbowman--> Sniper.

3rd Job

Go to El Nath - Chief Residence and speak to Rene. After talking to Rene, head back to Victoria Island and talk to Athena Pierce which is located in Henesys. Next, find the Door of Dimension located at Sleepy Dungeon V and it'll bring you to "The Path of the Glittering Crystal". Walk until the end of the path and enter the portal to defeat the wiseman's dark side to obtain the Black Charm.

Return to Athena Pierce and exchange the Black Charm for a Necklace of Strength. Return to El Nath after that and give the item to Rene. Head on to the Holy Ground at the Snowfield (Sharp Cliff II). 1 Dark Crystal is requirred to answer 5 questions to obtain the Necklace of Wisdom. Again, head back to Rene in El Nath and give her the Necklace of Wisdom.

Ranger

Skill Book 3: Path of the Ranger

Thrust Master LV: 20:Speed +30
Boosts up the moving speed.
Comments: This skill is like a permanate Haste w/out the jump. if u do put SP into 2 it, use up to 10 SP.

Mortal Blow Master LV: 20:70% success rate, basic attack 250%; kills the monster with HP at 50% or lower at 10% success rate
For a certain rate, allows you to fire arrows even at a very close range. Even kills a monster with one shot every once in a while.
Comments: This move is like a close range Final Attack!!! Put ALL extra SP into this skill, or max it. All skills use this, except Arrow Rain.

Puppet Master LV: 20:MP -32; Summon doll of 6000 HP for 60 seconds
Summons a puppet (your other self) for a certain amount of time. While the puppet is around, the monsters will attack the puppet, not you.
Comments: Ur ultimate distraction. Max it.

Ranger's Inferno Master LV: 30:MP -30; Attack power 150% with fire attribute
Uses fire-based arrows to attack up to 6 monsters at once. Only works when equipped with a bow.
Comments: Ur elemental. Hits like Arrow Bomb. Max as much as u can/want.

Arrow Rain Master LV: 30:MP -28; Basic attack 160%
Need: 5 SP of Mortal Blow
Fires a number of arrows into the sky, attacking up to 6 monsters at once on its way down. Only available when equipped with a bow.
Comments: MAX IT!! Only move that u can fire at close range. Love it.

Silver Hawk Master LV: 30:MP -80; summons a hawk that attacks 70 times in 180 secs; 99% success rate of stunning
Need: 5 SP of Puppet + 1 Summoning Rock
Summons a silver hawk. The hawk will be hovering around you, attacking monsters nearby.
Comments: only put 15 SP into this move. Resaon: 4th Job Summoning-Pheonix; put more if u want.

Strafe Master LV: 30:MP -32; Basic attack 100%, attack 4 times
Fires 4 arrows at an enemy.
Comments: Godly w/ Critical Shot and Booster. Fire away and Max it.

Sniper

Skill Book 3: Sniper's Scope

Thrust Master LV: 20:Speed +30
Boosts up the moving speed.
Comments: This skill is like a permanate Haste w/out the jump. if u do put SP into 2 it, use up to 10 SP.

Mortal Blow Master LV: 20:70% success rate, basic attack 250%; kills the monster with HP at 50% or lower at 10% success rate
For a certain rate, allows you to fire arrows even at a very close range. Even kills a monster with one shot every once in a while.
Comments: This move is like a close range Final Attack!!! Put ALL extra SP into this skill, or max it. All skills use this, except Arrow Eruption.

Puppet Master LV: 20:MP -32; Summon doll of 6000 HP for 60 seconds
Summons a puppet (your other self) for a certain amount of time. While the puppet is around, the monsters will attack the puppet, not you.
Comments: Ur ultimate distraction. Max it.

Blizzard Master LV: 30:MP -30; Attack power 140%, freezes enemy for 3 seconds
Uses ice-based arrows to attack up to 6 monsters at once. Only works when equipped with a crossbow.
Comments: Ur elemental. Hits like Arrow Bomb. Max as much as u can/want.

Arrow Eruption Master LV: 30:MP -28; Basic attack 160%
Need: 5 SP of Mortal Blow
Fires a number of arrows into the ground, attacking up to 6 monsters at once on its way up. Only available when equipped with a crossbow.
Comments: MAX IT!! Only move that u can fire at close range. Love it.

Golden Eagle Master LV: 30:MP -80; summons a eagle that attacks 70 times in 180 secs; 99% success rate of stunning
Need: 5 SP of Puppet + 1 Summoning Rock
Summons a golden eagle. The eagle will be hovering around you, attacking monsters nearby.
Comments: only put 15 SP into this move. Resaon: 4th Job Summoning-Pheonix; put more if u want.

Strafe Master LV: 30:MP -32; Basic attack 100%, attack 4 times
Fires 4 arrows at an enemy.
Comments: Godly w/ Critical Shot and Booster. Fire away and Max it.

Yes, I am done until all 4th Job skills are done. ?Till then, u may post-up ways u think in particular that is the best way 2 raise this job. This Thread will remain open.

« Last edited by JCP Da Blitz on Jun 17th 2008 »
[center][i][color=blue]Da Blitz can't stop, won't stop and is Da winner of the Spring Pokemon Tournament!! Click Here if u wanna take on the champ.

Platinum: DaBlitz-2278 2805 1349
5Ds WC 2009: 0946 9696 0374
Anyone as bored as I am??
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
JCP Da Blitz Posted at: 11:39 May19 2008 Post ID: 2245174
JCP Da Blitz
+
+
LEGIT 2nd post:

I've edited the first post w/ need-to-know comments about certain moves.

Now I've prepared a AP/SP spread for 1st job Hunters and Crossbowmans. Use them if u want. These come from my experience w/ the job.

HUNTER-1st Job(base), AP- xx STR, xx DEX, 4/5 INT, 4/5 LUK :(xx = It should range from 7-10)

LV-SP-SKILL-AP
10-1-Arrow Blow
11-3-Blessings-5 DEX
12-3-Eye-5 DEX
13-3-Eye-5 DEX
14-2-Eye(max),1-Double Arrow-5 DEX
15-3-Critical Shot-5 STR
16-3-Critical Shot-5 DEX
17-3-Critical Shot-5 DEX
18-3-Critical Shot-5 DEX
19-3-Critical Shot-5 DEX
20-3-Critical Shot-5 STR
21-2-Critical Shot(max),1-Double Arrow-5 DEX
22-3-Double Arrow-5 DEX
23-3-Double Arrow-5 DEX
24-3-Double Arrow-5 DEX
25-3-Double Arrow-5 STR
26-3-Double Arrow-5 DEX
27-3-Double Arrow(max)-5 DEX
28-3-Focus-5 DEX
29-3-Focus-5 DEX
30-3-Focus-5 STR
(Crossbowman is virtually the same, except go STR, 4x DEX)
If u don't wanna spend extra MP, put the 9 extra into Blessings.

Into 2nd Job Stats:

AP: 35 STR, 125/127 DEX, 4/5 INT, 4/5 LUK
Crossbowman: 30 STR, 130/132 DEX, 4/5 INT, 4/5 LUK

Skills (Mastered):

3 or 12 Amazon's Blessings
8 Amazon's Eye
20 Critical Shot
9 or 0 Focus
1 Arrow Blow
20 Double Arrow

I'll do 2nd Job later. If you have a Spread u'd like to share, post it.
[center][i][color=blue]Da Blitz can't stop, won't stop and is Da winner of the Spring Pokemon Tournament!! Click Here if u wanna take on the champ.

Platinum: DaBlitz-2278 2805 1349
5Ds WC 2009: 0946 9696 0374
Anyone as bored as I am??
hydro8055 Posted at: 08:27 Nov08 2008 Post ID: 2473933
hydro8055
+
+
helpful thanks for posting
me is a snow leopard now

Super Sane!

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close