Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign

How to get unlimited and free healing in Marvel Puzzle Quest ? WITHOUT CHEATING

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Forum Guest Posted at: 11:26 Oct11 2013 Post ID: 3280869
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
So we all know that the worst part of any game that uses an energy-based gameplay is the waiting. In the case of Marvel Puzzle Quest (MPQ) it is waiting for ridiculous amounts of time to have the characters heal on their own or waiting FOREVER for the health packs to regenerate.

Until now, the only wait to ?cheat? the system was to mess with your clock. There are plenty of posts out there that tell you by setting your phone clock ahead manually, you can trick the game into healing your characters. What they don?t tell you is that when you set your clocks back to the current time is that you will lose any points/leveling/iso-8 that you have gained. Also, I?ve found that it can actually deplete the health of some characters to 0, causing you to have to wait even longer.
While effective, this is pointless unless you?re playing on a device that you will never use as a clock, calendar, alarm clock, etc? I mean, c?mon? who wears a watch these days? I?m not going to sacrifice knowing what time it is just to have a few more minutes of gameplay. And HELL NO I?m paying my hard earned money just to heal a character that will just end up dying eventually anyway (especially when you?re grinding iso-8 in PVP). I'd rather invest in getting better characters!

So I?ve found an easy solution. No, it isn?t available right away and, yes, it will require that you have your characters of a certain strength to complete it. If you?ve been leveling your characters appropriately, you?ll be just fine.

Tactic: Fight Venom to heal your characters. (Yes, FIGHT TO HEAL)

Location: Prologue ? Venom ? Tall, Dark and Nasty (first episode)

How it works:

Venom's ?helpful? ability is Symbiote Snare. This creates a web tile on the board that is used by Venom and Spider-Man. By fighting him in this episode, he is a lower level and you get Spider-Man (3 star) as an extra team member.

Spider-Man comes with 2 very valuable abilities. The first is All Tied Up (6 Blue AP) and the second is Web Bandages (13 Yellow AP). The quick and dirty description is that All Tied Up will create 1 web tile and stun Venom 1 turn for every web tile on the board. Web Bandages heals your team 110 HP per web tile on the board, but then destroys the web tiles.

The focus of your gameplay should be on Spider-Man and acquiring as many Yellow and Blue AP Tiles as you can, while preventing Venom from getting Black AP Tiles. Don?t worry about Purple AP Tiles, allow Venom to get as many of them as you can. His Symbiote Snare (7 Purple AP) does 0 damage and adds 1 web tile to the board ? however, it will stun your front character for 1 turn.

Venom (Lv. 12) will have 960 HP at the start of the game. While acquiring Yellow/Blue and blocking Black, you will start chipping away at his health. It is important to watch his health when it starts to get lower ? you don?t want to kill him before you get to pull the combo you need to heal your characters. The key is that you need to have at least 13 Yellow AP and 6 Blue AP (if not a ton more) by the time his health is very low.

Normally by the time his health is between 200-300, you should have at least 13 Yellow AP and probably between 18-24+ Blue AP. (Notice how I did that in multiples of 6? HINT HINT) Activate Spider-Man's All Tied Up ability and he?ll make a new tile and stun Venom. Don?t attack Venom ? you do not want to kill him. Activate All Tied Up again and again until you run out of Blue AP.

Example:

If you had 18 Blue AP to start this combo and Venom put one web tile on the board with Symbiote Snare, there are now 4 web tiles on the board and Venom should be stunned for 4 turns(3 web tiles from Spider-Man, 1 from Venom = 4 total).

Note: the maximum that you can stun Venom with All Tied Up is 5 turns regardless of the number of tiles on the board. Stuns do not stack.

Back to the strategy. Now that Venom is comfortably stunned and you have several web tiles, go ahead and activate Web Bandages by tapping on a Yellow Tile. As mentioned before, Web Bandages will heal ALL of your characters for 110 HP for every web tile on the board. For the previous example where there were 4 web tiles: 4 x 110 = 440 HP regeneration.

Now that your characters are healed, whether partially or completely, use any other special attacks you have enough AP for and proceed to match any 3/4/5 while he is stunned to defeat him. If your characters are completely healed, you can go back to your next mission or PVP without using any health packs. If they are still in need of healing, just repeat the battle again and heal them until they are completely recovered.

This will allow you to keep playing the game for as long as you like without having to buy health or wait for characters to regenerate on their own. It also makes for very easy iso-8 grinding in PVP and leveling up for the weekly!

Tips to make this easier:

;) Once you have a strong enough team that the game says this episode is ?Normal? or easier, you should have no problem getting the free healing. Attempting this too early in the game could result in Venom knocking out your team rather than healing them. Don?t say I didn?t warn you.

;) Any character you need to heal needs to have at least 1 HP to battle. If they?re at 0, you need to wait a few minutes until they have at least some HP so you can take them into this battle.

;) Spider-Man starts with 880 HP. Try to use him as your tank and keep him in front so he can take most of the damage dealt by Venom so your other characters aren?t wiped out and can?t be healed.

;) Spider-Man's HP doesn?t matter. He isn?t part of your team and every time that you restart this battle his HP will be 100% full. So if you keep him in front to take the damage for your team and he dies, just retreat and start over. There are no penalties for retreating in story mode.

;) Know your other players ability damage as it compares to Venom's HP. When use this to regen my characters, 99% of the time I can get the 10 Red AP needed for Iron Man?s(one star) Repulsor Blast. He?s currently at Lv. 22 and it does 302 damage. So if I pull the health combo and he is stunned at 302 HP (or less) I can take Venom down with one shot. Keep this in mind when you are lowering his HP before the combo. You don?t want Venom to recover from the stun and start damaging your players.

;) Make sure to keep an eye on Venom Black AP count. His Devour ability costs 12 Black AP and deals 93 damage. It is impossible to keep him from getting at least some Black tiles, so if you see him reach the 12 Black AP mark, make sure to put Spider-Man in front because the next attack will be Devour.

;) If you follow this exactly like I have laid out, you should never have a situation where Venom has 12 Black AP and there are 6 web tiles on the board. If there are 6+ web tiles and Venom executes Devour, he will K-O the front character and destroy all the web tiles. (The only way this could happen is if you use All Tied Up several times, you somehow can?t kill Venom within the 5 (max) stun turns, don't have the AP for Web Bandages, and he has 12 Black AP when he revives) That is probably all but an impossible situation ? still? you?ve been warned.

Hope you have been able to follow this. I tried to make it as simple as possible so everyone could understand ? don?t take offense if I?ve dumbed it down? it isn?t you, it is someone else.

I am well aware that this has probably been discovered and posted somewhere else on the net, but I haven?t looked. So for purposes of taking credit where credit is due, this guide is mine. If you?re going to repost it somewhere else, just give me the credit for taking the time to write this whole think, ok? Just don?t accuse me of stealing this from someone else. I doubt you will find anyone else who has written this much on how to use this exploit.

Lastly, if you find any grammar or factual mistakes in here, feel free to let me know so I can correct it.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Juggerlo Posted at: 12:23 Oct11 2013 Post ID: 3280884
Juggerlo
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hmmm.... For some reason I wasn't logged in when this was posted.

My "official" post can be found under my threads. Sorry for the confusion.

Feel free to contact me there if you have any questions, comments, props, gripes, etc...
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Juggerlo Posted at: 12:25 Oct11 2013 Post ID: 3280887
Juggerlo
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Oh, if there are any moderators out there that want to delete this, go ahead.

It is stupid to have duplicate entries out there. K. Thanks. Bye.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close