Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Tallon IV vs. Aether

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

sheiny Posted at: 16:19 Aug11 2006 Post ID: 983087
sheiny
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Which Planet was in more danger?
[center]HERE TO ANSWER YOUR GAMING QUESTIONS & HELP YOU BEAT THOSE GAMES!
[color=red][b]2,000+ POINTS & ALWAYS GROWING!!![/color]
I FINALLY GOT MY WII & WII LOVE IT!!!!![/b][/center]
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
TheDarkSchadow Posted at: 05:22 Aug14 2006 Post ID: 987953
TheDarkSchadow
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Aether becuse the planet have 2 planets and they have eneergy to save. Tallon IV is not in "danger" want he have only a few mutend beasts.
sheiny Posted at: 13:26 Aug14 2006 Post ID: 988808
sheiny
+
+
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Aether) Story -

Once, long ago, a race of creatures called the Luminoth settled on planet Aether after many nomadic generations of roaming the Universe. They carved out a peaceful existence there, coming to know the land and animals and bathing in the power of what they called "The Light of Aether." To prolong the lifetime of the planet, they decided to harness this light by building Energy Controllers that would be housed in Holy Temples. They built three of these Temples, one in each of their settlements Agon Wastes, Torvus Bog and Sanctuary Fortress and linked them to their most sacred place, the Great Temple. A golden age of peace and prosperity blessed them and they were content.

The peace would not last, though. They tracked a meteor with a crash course of their planet and could do nothing but watched as it approached. The meteor's strike scorched the earth, cast the seas into convulsions and spread a veil of darkness over all that the Luminoth knew...but that was not all. The explosion and the energy from the meteor opened a dimensional rift in Planet Aether, spawning a second planet that existed in a different dimension. Dimensional rips soon bloomed on Light Aether and an evil race of dark creatures ventured forth, spreading violence. The Luminoth named these creatures the Ing after terror and soon created portals to follow them into a world they would come to know as Dark Aether.

This twin planet, which had given birth to the Ing Horde, was a poisonous mirror of their own and the Luminoth retreated from its damaging effects. Over time, however, as the Ing continued to make war on Light Aether and began to possess both creatures and friends alike, the Luminoth had to return and fight. They set up beacons of light that acted like protective oases against the dark creatures and fought tooth and nail against the Ing. The war raged and a stalemate soon became apparent; the Luminoth could not defeat the Ing on Dark Aether and the powerful light of Aether was too much for the Ing to overcome.

The stalemate could not last forever. The planet's energy has been divided between the dark and light world's and both sides wanted to control it. The Luminoth created an Energy Transfer Module designed to absorb the energy from Dark Aether, only to have it stolen and used against them. Their Temples fell one by one, until only their last, the Great Temple, remained. With only enough planetary energy to support one world, this Temple was all that stood between Dark Aether completely eclipsing Light Aether, eradicating the last of the Luminoth.

Into this conflict came a new factor. A Federation Ship chased a Space Pirate vessel onto the surface and engaged them, only to be attacked and decimated by the Ing. After losing contact with the Troops, the Federation suspected the worst. Unwilling to abandon all hope, they sent an urgent message to Samus Aran...

Mission received from Galactic Federation...
Locate troops lost in Dash region of Planet Aether...
Priority 1...

Credit: Deathborn 668

- Metroid Prime (Tallon IV) Story -

The Chozo:
Over millennia, this bird-like race of creatures made incredible technological and scientific leaps. Traveling at will through space, they built many marvels across the universe - technological wonders of unfathomable complexity and cities unmatched in beauty. They shared their knowledge freely with more primitive cultures and learned to respect and care for life in all forms.

Even as their society reached its technological peak, however, the Chozo felt their spirituality wane. Their culture was steeped in prophecy and lore and they foresaw the decline of the Chozo coinciding with the rise of evil. Horrified by the increasing violence in the Universe, they began to withdraw into themselves, forgoing technology in favor of simplicity. Tallon IV was one of several refuges they built - a colony bereft of technology, built of natural materials and wedded to the land and its creatures.

The years passed and in time a great meteor crashed into Tallon IV, sending a massive spume of matter into the atmosphere and impregnating the land with a cancerous element known as Phazon. This element immediately sank into the earth and water, poisoning life wherever it bloomed. Most plants and animals died, while others mutated into hideous forms.

The Chozo called upon all of their knowledge and technology to control the power of Phazon, but their efforts were doomed to fail. All they could do was build a Temple over the Crater at the Impact Site, separate the Phazon Core and seal it away. Believing that someday a savior would return to the planet, possibly Samus Aran, the Chozo left for an unknown destination, leaving behind nothing but engraved accounts of their time on Tallon IV.

The Space Pirates:
The Space Pirates were interstellar nomads, technologically advanced in both weaponry and space travel. When they plundered the Metroid population that had been discovered by the Galactic Federation on SR388, they recognized in them massive military and energy resource potential. They immediately invaded the nearby planet of Zebes, wiping out all life (including most of the indigenous Chozo) and building a massive network of research facilities below the planets surface.

Deep below the surface of Zebes, the Space Pirates researched Metroid for many years, even as a young girl orphaned by their raid on the neighboring planet K-2L was growing up among the Chozo. Trained as a warrior and infused with Chozo blood, Samus Aran donned a Chozo-made Power Suit and cut a swatch through the Space Pirates operation destroying everything in her path, including the mainstays of the Space Pirate army. She eventually made it to the core of their base, destroyed all the Metroids she say and seemingly blew up the Mother Brain.

But the Space Pirates were far from finished. They immediately split their survivors into two main camps. One headed to Zebes to begin rebuilding their ravaged facility and resuscitating Mother Brain, Ridley and Kraid. The second set out in search of a planet with powerful energy resources. They didn't search far before they discover Tallon IV, which was still emanating huge pulses of energy from the Phazon contained beneath the Chozo Temple. Entranced by the massive potential of the strange mutagen, they immediately moved in retrofitting their laboratories, transporters and life support systems into the Chozo Ruins.

As they mined the Phazon and they found that its capacity to mutate was beyond anything they'd ever seen and they promptly started combining it with native life-forms. They refined their operation: powering their machinery with thermal-powered engines sunk in the molten depths of Tallon IV, they drove deep mineshafts and mined more and more Phazon, shipping it to their two main labs in the Phendrana Drifts, where sub-zero temperatures made specimen containment safer. Research leaped forward; by harnessing the Phazons power, they were able to create untold horrors that soon patrolled the dark caverns below Tallon IV's crust.

The Space Pirates also transported man species to their orbiting ship for Zero-G Phazon experiments, unaware that Samus Aran had finally tracked their ship to its low orbit. As they continued with their unnatural experiments, Samus sped towards Tallon IV, preparing to wipe them out once and for all...

Credit: Androgynous

« Last edited by sheiny on Aug 15th 2006 »
Letterbomb Posted at: 20:51 Sep06 2006 Post ID: 1032873
Letterbomb
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It's not which planet was in more danger, more like which planet was most dangerous. I'd say Tallon IV was much more dangerous. It had a massive creature on it that apparently created phazon. It could have moved to other planets, and the terror could have spread across the galaxy. On Aether, however, the Ing were trapped in one dimension. And only once they had taken all of the energy from the Luminoth could they have taken over. Plus it seems like Aether was taken over by a swarm of giant bugs. Finally, Tallon IV was taken over mainly by the Space Pirates. If they had succeeded in controlling Metroid Prime, who knows what they could've done.
sheiny Posted at: 21:11 Sep06 2006 Post ID: 1032914
sheiny
+
+
Good points Letterbomb! Just thought I'd let you know...

"A great meteor crashed into Tallon IV, sending a massive spume of matter into the atmosphere and impregnating the land with a cancerous element known as Phazon. This element immediately sank into the earth and water, poisoning life wherever it bloomed. Most plants and animals died, while others mutated into hideous forms.

The Chozo called upon all of their knowledge and technology to control the power of Phazon, but their efforts were doomed to fail. All they could do was build a Temple over the Crater at the Impact Site, separate the Phazon Core and seal it away. Believing that someday a savior would return to the planet, possibly Samus Aran, the Chozo left for an unknown destination, leaving behind nothing but engraved accounts of their time on Tallon IV."

Yet, I'm not sure the origin of Metroid Prime itself (possibly due to the Pirates), but it was the meteor that brought the Phazon.
�l��dH�und Posted at: 21:29 Nov22 2006 Post ID: 1162680
�l��dH�und
+
+
I would think Aether was a little bit more dangerous...The ing...ing possesed creatures...its double the trouble! Take the bomb guardian for example; he was first light, then dark...but if you do think about it...he was veeeeery easy...but still..double..(lol)

"The only way for the triumpth of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Metroid Prime Hunters Freind Code: 0258-4842-1457
E-Mail and IM: [email protected]
sheiny Posted at: 21:48 Dec13 2006 Post ID: 1213769
sheiny
+
+
More like twice as powerful, not double the enemy - but yeah, I agree with ya nevertheless!
mkirkc Posted at: 18:18 Dec16 2006 Post ID: 1219037
mkirkc
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I found both MetP1 and 2 exciting and fun. Although I must admit that Met1 was beatable with good walkthroughs alone, but Met2 I never would have beaten without Sheiny's help. The walkthroughs simply were inadequate for me to beat the game. I am not a big-time gamer, but whenever I have the time I enjoy video games as much as anything (with few exceptions). I am looking forward to Met3 as soon as the price falls, as inevitably it will. Currently I am curious about the new Zelda for GameCube because I do not need to invest in Wii.
Kudos to SuperCheats and Sheiny,
mkirkc
mkirkc
sheiny Posted at: 15:36 Dec18 2006 Post ID: 1222474
sheiny
+
+
Awwwww, thanks mkirkc - you're too nice!

The Metroid and Zelda series' sure do have some pretty sweet adventure games and storylines eh?

Can't wait for Corruption and to play Twilight Princess when I get a Wii!
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close