Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

A Disappointment

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

guitargod1207 Posted at: 01:04 Jun12 2008 Post ID: 2276500
guitargod1207
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Does anyone besides me think that this game is somewhat of a disappointment? I mean it's a great game and all with excellent graphics, but I think that it is a rather disappointing way to end the series. The command visor isn't used nearly enough to be necessary, Samus could've just pushed a button on her arm cannon like she does in the other Metroid games. I didn't like the lack of a switchable beams system. While it was good in games like Fusion and the original/Zero Mission, the Prime trilogy doesn't have the kind of game mechanisms that allow a stackable beams system to be, for lack of a better term, fun. Didn't you like it pressing the c-stick and switching between the Plasma Beam, Ice Beam, and the Wave Beam, or the Light Beam, Dark Beam, and Annihilator? They could've at least made it like Super Metroid where you can turn separate beams on and off. In my opinion, with a stackable beam system, they should have at least made a lot more beams. Also I didn't like having to hop from planet to planet. I liked to be able to explore every inch of one single planet on foot with nothing to assist me besides some elevators. And as for the suits, the PED suit was a nice touch, but i didn't like how it looked more like Galactic Federation equipment than Chozo technology. They should've had multiple suits, but instead we get just one and a lousy upgrade for it. All in all, Metroid Prime: Corruption was a great game, but I just didn't feel that it did a good job in ending the trilogy.

« Last edited by guitargod1207 on Jun 12th 2008 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Tracedude Posted at: 12:22 Sep27 2009 Post ID: 2740262
Tracedude
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I agree. I liked the beam system in the first two games, it made it more interesting. I also liked the suit upgrades from the first two games, like the Phazon suit. I loved the colours. I mean, hypermode was a good touch. But they needed more than that. In my opinion, I'd of liked to accually fly Samus's ship for fun. And they should have added online play. :/

EDIT: Sorry for the huge bump, just realized the date the first post was made... Terribly sorry.

« Last edited by Tracedude on Sep 27th 2009 »
Wii Friend Code: 6372-5142-9386-0957
SSBB Friend Code: 2449-4407-7461
SSBB Nickname: Flash
COD:WAW Wii FC: 4597-4352-2899
COD:WAW Wii Nickname: Burger
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close