Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Easy way to kill Chameleos

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Monster_Slayer009 Posted at: 20:40 Apr22 2009 Post ID: 2604904
Monster_Slayer009
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Is there an easy way to slay Chameleos? Cuz, I can never find anyway to slay it. Im on the ***** village quests and stuck on the quest " The Elder Dragon Of Mist" I'm very good with bows and I have Tiger Bow I, Daimyo Warbow I, Kut-ku Stave II, Sonic Bow II, Hunter's Power Bow I, and Wild Bow II. I'm using multiple types of armor such as Monoblos Guards, Monoblos Leggings, Hermitaur Vest, Hermitaur Helm, and Battle Coat. They have been upgraded 3 maybe 4 times. So, If anyone could help, thanks in advance.Thumbs Up
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
master slayer 123 Posted at: 21:15 Apr22 2009 Post ID: 2604924
master slayer 123
+
+
hey, welcome to SC, im your local addict here to help you out.

I can feel your pain, i remember my fisrt Chammy, its was a pain.
Some things to remember, FIRE. Chammy is weaker to fire than dragon. Next, Sonic bombs. Throw a sonic bomb at it during its attack and it will stumble and become visible for a while.
Ill take it you ar an archer, so i would us KK stave, but upgrade it or get Prominence bow 2.
As far as dealing with the special afflictions it deals, just bring Energy drinks and armor seeds and antidotes. When in rage mode it will be easier to find, and for a gunner its even better as the green gas it emits shows you where to shoot for a headshot. The main thing to remember for first time ED fighters, dont wory about killing it on your first try. Just try to deal enuff damage to make it flee at the 25 minute mark. As far as I know, you are ready, just maybe get a better bow and be careful about its masive AoE attacks (Poison gas jump, Acid armor reducing bomb, and gas stamina sucking breath)
Good luck to you.Thumbs Up

P.S. Forums are usually, you post your question and a week later you get an answer, not here. Im on every day, so if you ever need help, stop by here and your question will usullay be answerd within a few minutes to an hour Smile )

« Last edited by master slayer 123 on Apr 22nd 2009 »
Monster_Slayer009 Posted at: 16:20 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605287
Monster_Slayer009
+
+
I killed the gravios today with my Tiger Bow I and it wasn't that hard but what armor do you think is best against Chameleos? And if I get the prominence bow I i gonna need to kill rathalos. if i fought that do u think it'll be easy with tiger arrow I

« Last edited by Monster_Slayer009 on Apr 23rd 2009 »
master slayer 123 Posted at: 17:53 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605361
master slayer 123
+
+
Hrmm, sorry, i aint good wit bows but lets see. If you up Daimyo war bow to 2 it may be good to kill the rathalos, tiger arrow may work fine, but deffinately one of those will do fine. And again. KKS could work fine for chammy if you like staying up close to it to maximise effectiveness of Scatter shot.
Armor, hmmmmmm, pretty much any armor with good base defence. Maybe Death Stench, or full rathalos could do. I dont know many good gunner armor but anything that has good defence and nice skills. Sorry, gunning aint my speciality.

« Last edited by master slayer 123 on Apr 23rd 2009 »
Monster_Slayer009 Posted at: 17:59 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605364
Monster_Slayer009
+
+
Yeah, I was trying to kill Rathalos and he died the thing u know where his tail poisons and stuns you. Well, he killed me in one hit full heath and everything.
master slayer 123 Posted at: 18:09 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605373
master slayer 123
+
+
Ahh, yea, even blademasters get owned by that attack, there are two solutions to this problem:
1. Stay close to it, if you are either really close or under it, the attack cannot hit you.
2. Keep your cammera up at it and dive away.
DO NOT TRY TO ROLL OR GUARD TO AVOID!! It attacks twice in a row in quick succesion.
Hrmm, blah, im sorry, i dont know what to tell you, im not that good with gunning, lol, but it seems like you just need to practise dodging some of its attacks, other than that you should be set, but again, upgraded Daimyo war bow would be nice.
Monster_Slayer009 Posted at: 18:16 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605379
Monster_Slayer009
+
+
Hey, I kill rathalos on the first game that i barrowed from my friend. And, how do you know when he's going to use the tail attack.
master slayer 123 Posted at: 18:44 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605397
master slayer 123
+
+
It is more likely to use the poison claws when you are further away from it when it flies up. If you stay closer to it or under its shadow it will not use it or use it and miss. Pretty much, stay close to it.
Monster_Slayer009 Posted at: 19:12 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605408
Monster_Slayer009
+
+
yeah i'm killin diablos right know
master slayer 123 Posted at: 19:16 Apr23 2009 Post ID: 2605413
master slayer 123
+
+
lol, alright, and you know, since you beat Monoblos easily you can probably beat this easily and get diablos armor, not sure if its good for gunner, but it will have a good base defence.
Monster_Slayer009 Posted at: 16:15 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2605871
Monster_Slayer009
+
+
Yeah, I killed it got one horn and a few shells and one spine. I get close to killing rathalos but he always kills me at the end of the quest when he's about dead. I'm having trouble killing Kushala Daora. Should I try to kill chameleos before I kill Daora?Eh

« Last edited by Monster_Slayer009 on Apr 24th 2009 »
master slayer 123 Posted at: 19:06 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2605986
master slayer 123
+
+
No, go for Kusha first. Kusharu should be good for you as an archer so the wind wont be a problem. For bow use, i would try Sonic Bow...at least 2. Same tactics, just shoot the hell out of it till it dies. And remember, it doesnt matter if you kill it, just deal enuff damage to make it flee at the 25 min mark.
g33k Posted at: 19:16 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2606005
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
+
You are starting to get off topic. Please fix this issue.
Are you ready to meet GOD?

Thanks for the Avy goes to Tank! Sig by me.
Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Clicking this is bad for your brains.
master slayer 123 Posted at: 23:21 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2606205
master slayer 123
+
+
well, if it aint g33k. Dude ur starting to get all robotic. The topic is "Easy way to kill Chammy"
If killing the Kusharu makes it easier to kill Chammy then it isnt off topic, if he needs help killing the Kusharu to help kill the Chammy then in the end it still get us back to "Easy ways to kill Chammy"
Sorry but IMO, all these topic things are kinda ridiculous. There sould be just a chat room where people go to to get MHF2 help rather than forums, bur anyway, enuff about that, I will "fix" it now.

The #1 solution to killing Chammy is Blademaster. I would try a good lonsword as the later game monsters wont die with a solo gunner, UNLESS, you get a specific armor set and Akantor bow, but still, BM is the best. If you need practice with useing melee weapons then you should make a simple weapon of whatever weapon and fight the Kut Ku. Then try fighting harder and harder things. Eventually you will want to switch to Blade Mastur.
As far as Gunning the Chammy, the only problem you should have is the long range AoE attacks, Gas breath, Blobzore, and rush attacks. IF you had 2G you could get naruga witch ups your roll and diveing distance, but anyway, just practise dodgeing the attacks such as the rush where it is more difficult to roll to evade. Or if you must do long range you COULD us HBG and attach sheild, but that isnt that great either. Im surprised really that you can beat the Mono/Dia blos as their charge attack is harder to dodge as a gunner than any of Chammys attacks. Just focus on dealing a lot of damage to make it flee. You WILL NOT kill it on your first try, this is common. Untill you get better weapons it will take 2 runs to kill it. So again, just work on either killing the los, or useing KKS to kill it.
Good luck and post your next results: Time it took to finish/fail, times you fainted, and other interesting facts. This will help me determine what i can try to do to help more than i already have.
(long post FTW)
blazingyerhouse Posted at: 12:13 Apr25 2009 Post ID: 2606471
blazingyerhouse
+
+
so will a long sword be able to kill chamey? i have eager cleaver
g33k Posted at: 15:19 Apr25 2009 Post ID: 2606652
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
+
On 25-Apr-2009 blazingyerhouse said:so will a long sword be able to kill chamey? i have eager cleaver
Welcome to SC. Please read the forum rules.

Also please read what has been said. It answers your question.

Emiliano Zapata said:It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!

Monster_Slayer009 Posted at: 17:59 Apr25 2009 Post ID: 2606787
Monster_Slayer009
+
+
Yeah, I was wondering if Wyvern Blade "blood" would kill it. or, would Dead revolver.
g33k Posted at: 18:42 Apr25 2009 Post ID: 2606813
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
+
I would go with smolder dragon. But that is just me. The guy who uses cheated game saves.

g33k Posted at: 19:45 Apr25 2009 Post ID: 2606865
g33k
Mr. Lurker
+
+
On 25-Apr-2009 Monster_Slayer009 said:g33k do you know where I can get a rathalos wing
Off topic post deleted. Pleas make a topic to discuss this.

Monster_Slayer009 Posted at: 20:14 Apr25 2009 Post ID: 2606877
Monster_Slayer009
+
+
g33k ok. hey, do you think wyvern blade blood could kill chamelos.
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close