here is some stuff i found about the game, thought it might just be fun to know
* The police department vehicles and most of the police radio are recycled from Most Wanted.
* The San Juan district is unaccessible by free roam. It is only used as a practice course in the beginning of the game (available in the Collectors Edition).
* Colin's clothing appears to be the same from the flashback to the current scene.
* Darius constantly refers to Cross as "Crock" or "Crawl."
* All the hotels and casinos in Silverton are spoofs of their real counterparts (e.g. the London hotel is a spoof of the New York, New York casino).
* David Footman (the director) has a cameo as one of Darius' crew members in the intro scene. His name is used to take care of Cross.
* There's a deleted scene (viewable in the Collector's Edition bonus DVD) where Cross will back up in the player's BMW as an insult and will call him Romeo.
* The Gold-level Canyon Duel in the Challenge series consists of you driving Cross' Corvette, trying to beat the player's BMW M3. At the game's beginning, you have to use your M3 to escape Cross' Corvette.
* The vinyl on the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX in the introduction and the Canyon tutorial is a body vinyl of the Scorpio's crew logo, however the vinyl is inaccessible in-game.
* The EA Trax only play in Checkpoint races or when driving in free roam.
* The cop with the mustache in the arrest sequences is modeled off Neil Eskuri, the Senior Art Director for Need For Speed: Carbon.
* Eskuri Plaza, in Kempton, was also named after Neil Eskuri.
* The Koenigsegg CCX (only available in the Collectors Edition) will only reach a top speed of 202mph in the game. The real car reaches 250mph.
HERE IS A LIST OF CUT FEATURES THAT WHERE MEANT TO BE IN THE GAME
* A police helicopter that fired vehicle immbolizers was going to be in game and persue the player's car after reaching heat level 3 or higher, but due to the complexity of the pathing needed, was cut.
* Customizable license plates
* Drifting against computer players, but the programmers had difficulty in programming the AI to drift.
* Rain during drift races
* Another type of crewmember, a Persuader, who would cause traffic to block the player's opponents, was cut due to programming difficulties.
* Traffic in Canyon maps
* Many UCAP (Similar to MOCAP but with facial expressions) scenes were cut due to the sheer amount of rendering power needed.
* 20 Car races were cut from PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox consoles due to lack of respective processing power.
* A "Tuner" flag girl (currently there are only Muscle and Exotic flag girls ingame)
* San Juan being the starting area before going out into Palmont, complete with cop cars
* Being able to adjust the Ride Pitch of your car, making it slant downwards.
* Being able to get more than a 20x multiplier on Canyon Drift races.
« Last edited by teddybear_jacko on Dec 24th 2006 »