Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Need for Speed Carbon

Discuss police versions of the next NFS hear!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 05:08 Jan24 2007 Post ID: 1315358
LTD Crown Victoria
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I like the idea of being able to change sides midway thru. I would stay as a cop and try to arrest the commander, who caused the whole uproar. What city should all this take place in? Rockport? Bayview? Palmont?
My all-time favorite full-size sedan, the LTD Crown Victoria! This one's an 1989. Why don't they put good old beasties like these in the NFS games? Good ol' 390 Cleveland V8 power! Don't ya dig the flames?
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
DriftXC Posted at: 06:46 Jan24 2007 Post ID: 1315410
DriftXC
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Why not run it from city to city? Clues could take you to Rockport, then to Bayview, Palmont, Silverton, wherever...

I can see the Requirements for the game already.

3Ghz Processor, 3d Card (GF7600 or better) 8gb free HDD space for the enormity of the game.

Because of the style of game it could have expansions for new areas just like quake and doom!

What about if you are a cop and your ending wingman is actually a reformed gang member? That throws a spanner in.....

383 Clevo. Lazy HP with silly results!
LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 05:53 Jan25 2007 Post ID: 1317078
LTD Crown Victoria
+
+
I like the idea of being able to switch citiesl ike that! You could always come back to each one and enforce the laws some more. Holy crap 8 gigs!?!? Make it mac compatible, as I am using an AWESOME ibook G4, lots and lots of space on it. Also make it for da PS2.
If this freakin awesome idea was ever relased, what car would ya start with? (has to be BASIC!!!) I would start with a 1987 Chevy Caprice Classic, with a 454 V8. It would have a nice pushbar too. It would have a lightbar like this: http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50996601/lightbar.jpg
It would be traditional RPD black and white too. I would also have a Ford F250 XLT for a heavy-hitter.

« Last edited by LTD Crown Victoria on Feb 14th 2007 »
My all-time favorite full-size sedan, the LTD Crown Victoria! This one's an 1989. Why don't they put good old beasties like these in the NFS games? Good ol' 390 Cleveland V8 power! Don't ya dig the flames?
Murcielago Posted at: 15:17 Jan25 2007 Post ID: 1318032
Murcielago
Firing On All 12 Cylinders.
+
+
I'd have it old-skool as well, but in the form of either a Plymouth Road Runner Superbird, a C3 Chevy Corvette Stingray, the late 1970s Lambo Countach LP400, or something new like the newly released Beck LM800 (see below)

Plymouth
http://www.ultimatecarpage....rnum=901

Corvette
http://www.ultimatecarpage....num=1434

Countach
http://www.ultimatecarpage....num=1289

LM800
http://www.ultimatecarpage....num=3073

Murcie is back.
popslinger Posted at: 16:33 Jan25 2007 Post ID: 1318346
popslinger
+
+
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us....42712468
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us....47204749

the's are to me the best.

« Last edited by popslinger on Jan 25th 2007 »

Popslinger still rides among you
LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 17:02 Jan25 2007 Post ID: 1318426
LTD Crown Victoria
+
+
I bet that countach would be the high-end federal cars. The superbird would be fast, and durable. The countach would be very very fast, but would get wrecked easily. (it's made of carbon fiber!) I like the lightbars pop.
DriftXC Posted at: 01:34 Jan26 2007 Post ID: 1319232
DriftXC
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Well the boys in Miami Vice were driving a ferrari so most cars are possible.
I think the idea of XP or points to distribute to either career, backup, cars or parts could make the game quite long and maybe too long in some cases. But remember real crimes are not just solved in days but sometimes weeks or months, even years.

The upside to it is that you are not all powerful with the best of everything unless you work hard for it. A bit of balance so you may not always get the target but your backup might down the road.

Im thinking above where the map is located in Carbon in street view you have a vehicle identifier that when activated brings up stats of the car you are tailing. Details such as bounty, alias and car of choice come up on screen and you decide wether they are worth persuing.

Start with a basic patrol car and as you bust people you then can opt to use an undercover entry level car or a new cop car. The idea would be if you stay with cops car they will be a slightly better car but marked until later in the game where you would use your bust points(thats the name im using) to unlock better cars and parts.

Why not also have driver training, much like challenge series, which unlocks better cop cars faster.

What about easter eggs? Say you see a car go into a building(yes im talking inside) so you follow and find a stolen Mustang GT500, which you impound which then becomes a car in your available lot. But make it different each game, and if you are not far enough in your career you cannot use it. This will force you (to a point) to diversify your distributing of bust points. (Perhaps you find a Lambo LP640 but are not ranked high enough to use it!) The higher bounty the target the better car in general you may find! But not just cars, parts, drugs(giving bust points) and many others.

So you could fluke a bust on a high bounty target and get mega points. Also when you bust them they give you tokens like info(bust points), parts or even their ride!

Your thoughts?
Slay3rH3ll Posted at: 03:43 Jan26 2007 Post ID: 1319252
Slay3rH3ll
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I suggest a Porsche 9111 Turbo cop car should be in the next(Like Hot Pursuit 2 Style)

Carbon Walkthrough: Completed
Pro Street Walkthrough: 0.1 RC 2, 12% Complete.
LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 21:31 Jan26 2007 Post ID: 1320988
LTD Crown Victoria
+
+
Oh yeah the 911 Turbo. Gotta respect the Porsche. Carerra GT would be good too. Good thinking on the "Bust Points"and viewing all the info about the vehicle you're tailing, and "Rival Cars" You should also be able to park and exit your car and investigate certain areas, like where stolen cars are and bring them back to the police station either by A-Towing or B-Picking the lock and starting it. You could spend your "Bust Points" on body armor, wider range and more accurate GPS, better flashlight, radio, and electronics, etc. Just make sure u lock your cop car's doors before you wander off, or else some goons of the guy ur gunning to haul to jail may "borrow" your car, and you may not ever see it again.

« Last edited by LTD Crown Victoria on Jan 26th 2007 »
DriftXC Posted at: 22:28 Jan26 2007 Post ID: 1321116
DriftXC
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I like the idea LTD but are we playing NFS or GTA?

To get out of the car would detract from the original idea of NFS and requires a whole new level of game design not based on driving. i cant see EA putting that much programming into it, dont get me wrong, love your idea as i really liked GTA but only to a point.

More on the GPS, what if it showed tags of cars seen during persuit by normal cop cars and comes up as such instead of an arrow?
Murcielago Posted at: 16:07 Jan27 2007 Post ID: 1322606
Murcielago
+
+
Yeah, NFS was never meant to be like GTA.

Maybe to help you out, a chopper could drop bombs on the road to slow down the car you're chasing, like in NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, or maybe drop down a spike strip to pop the tyres.

Murcie is back.
TEAM KA LEADER Posted at: 03:19 Jan28 2007 Post ID: 1323649
TEAM KA LEADER
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hey Murceilago, that LM 800 car would be KICK A$$! if it was a cop car lol

My Ideas; You start off with a police force, and your the main commander, and you start off in the pursuit. If you have not nailed/busted the speeder dude after 30 seconds, you can call back up and another car will come. If that still doesnt happen after another minute or so, or if the pursuit goes up a code (Say from code 2 to code 3) you can call in heavier forms (Like the SUVs) also, just like the wingman type thing, it regenerates to make a roadblock, and depending on the severity of the chase, the bigger/smaller the roadblock.

I got more about that, but eh... I'll post it later...

You know, if we all put in together, we could make our own game like this, it wouldnt be as good obviously, but we could give it a go, if anyone else is in on the idea, just say it here Smile
[b][color=red]ALL NEED FOR SPEED CARBON LOVERS, MUST CHECK OUT MY SITE!
www.nfscarboncontenders.t83.net Forums coming soon! If your interested in helping with the forums, e-mail me, or talk to me... or something...
LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 23:00 Jan28 2007 Post ID: 1325528
LTD Crown Victoria
+
+
Drift- ur right about the getting out of car thing. It IS a lot like GTA lol.
Murcialago- Heli+explosives= Deadly force. I remember in HP2 when the heli shoot with rocket. It happens when it finishes a run. It turns toward you, and FWOOOOOSH!!! still the cops don't use deadly force on the road. but, if the suspect tried to hit several officers, aggrravated vehicular assualt, stuff like that-----> then that could be when the "carpet bombing heli" can take off. lol I could imagine, a Carerra GT going 250. Carpet bombing heli attacks. Schrrrrreeeeechhhh!!! Crash! BOOOM!!!! lol

« Last edited by LTD Crown Victoria on Jan 28th 2007 »
popslinger Posted at: 15:33 Jan29 2007 Post ID: 1326323
popslinger
+
+
LoL, this would be a sweet game.

Murcielago Posted at: 15:57 Jan29 2007 Post ID: 1326372
Murcielago
+
+
On 28-Jan-2007 TEAM KA LEADER said:Hey Murceilago, that LM 800 car would be KICK A$$! if it was a cop car lol

My Ideas; You start off with a police force, and your the main commander, and you start off in the pursuit. If you have not nailed/busted the speeder dude after 30 seconds, you can call back up and another car will come. If that still doesnt happen after another minute or so, or if the pursuit goes up a code (Say from code 2 to code 3) you can call in heavier forms (Like the SUVs) also, just like the wingman type thing, it regenerates to make a roadblock, and depending on the severity of the chase, the bigger/smaller the roadblock.

I got more about that, but eh... I'll post it later...

You know, if we all put in together, we could make our own game like this, it wouldnt be as good obviously, but we could give it a go, if anyone else is in on the idea, just say it here Smile
Cool ideas. That LM 800 certainly would, no doubt about it. Over 200mph top speed, the 7-speed gearbox (probably Mercedes-Benz) with the paddle shifters would make for quick gear changes, and plus all that power and torque!

Murcie is back.
LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 20:12 Jan29 2007 Post ID: 1327038
LTD Crown Victoria
+
+
Any ideas for the soundtrack??
Here's my list:
T.N.T.- by AC/DC
Invader Ace- by The D4
Outta Blues- by The D4
Highway to Hell- by AC/DC
Back in Black- by AC/DC
Life Burns!- by Apocalyptica
Bad Boys- by Inner Circle (DUH, no cop game would be complete without this!!!)
Revolution- by The Beatles
Back in the U.S.S.R.- by The Beatles
Come Together- by The Beatles

How can a car have a 7-speed? even when going 250 in gear 6 in carbon, it doesn't go to gear 7. Still, the more gears, the more off the line punch you'll get. There's only one problem if ya drive an exotic like that. It will get wrecked sooo easy. Eaiser than the level 1 civics. But, they go really fast, almost impossible to outrun, and turn really well. Weighing costs n' benefits, basically.

« Last edited by LTD Crown Victoria on Jan 29th 2007 »
Murcielago Posted at: 21:16 Jan29 2007 Post ID: 1327151
Murcielago
+
+
Most Mercedes Benzs have seven speed automatics, sometimes Tiptronic/Semi-auto.

You seem to like AC/DC a lot. Can't blame you, though.

Murcie is back.
LTD Crown Victoria Posted at: 18:02 Jan30 2007 Post ID: 1328518
LTD Crown Victoria
+
+
I wonder how fast a McLaren F1 LM would be as a cop car. Would get wrecked easily, but still, that speed is amazing.
popslinger Posted at: 20:43 Jan30 2007 Post ID: 1329158
popslinger
+
+
I wonder about the CCX, you know. That would kick some ***.

Murcielago Posted at: 01:17 Jan31 2007 Post ID: 1329348
Murcielago
+
+
On 30-Jan-2007 LTD Crown Victoria said:I wonder how fast a McLaren F1 LM would be as a cop car. Would get wrecked easily, but still, that speed is amazing.
The McLaren F1 LM really isn't all that fast. The Beck LM800 would be better. Although the F1 would probably be a little bit better in acceleration.

Murcie is back.
Displaying Page 2 of 9
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 7 | 8 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close