Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Black

HMs

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Zaltias Posted at: 23:44 Apr14 2010 Post ID: 2830777
Zaltias
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hey guys. So, new Pokemon game, supposedly to revamp to series right? One thing I would like to see is the abolishment of HMs. The moves themselves, some are downright useless (Cue Defog, Flash [not a HM anymore, but still], Cut and Rock Smash), while the rest are somewhat useful.But honestly, doesn't it annoy the hell out of you when you are walking through some random route and some random tree needs to be cut down. "Oh dear, my Scyther, with freaking blades as arms is unable to cut it down, something must be wrong."
I think they should make it so that Pokemon that are able to learn said HM ability should have it automatically (not as a move, but just a 'skill' or something), but you need to have the gym badge in order to use it, or some dodgy fluff; "This Common Badge hereby bestows the power of common sense unto you and as such, your Pokemon can finally do something practical. Thats right young trainer, walking into a cave with your Charmander will now allow it to light up the area around you, which of course, was not possible before, despite the fact it has fire on it's tale."
Doing this would also get rid of the annoying HM slave. "Hey, look at my team, Blastoise, Umbreon, Golem, Scizor, Arcanine and uhhh...this here Bidoof..." and in general make more sense;

Random Scenario

"Hey I just caught this Red Gyarados that was swimming in the lake of rage. Lets go get it out of the box, its better than my Feraligatr." Said trainer happily walks off to Blackthorn city.
"Hmmm, some water, go Gyarados, swim across for me!"
Gyarados sits there, eying said trainer with a puzzled look.
"You mean, you can't swim now..?"
Gyarados sheepishly nods.
"FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU-"

Obviously, the removal of the HMs themselves would not warrant a removal of the moves, just swap them for TMs which would probably be able to be purchased fairly cheaply from the department story, like those other moves there. So, discuss. Random examples brought to you by absolute boredom.

10 - Supply Depot (1)
13 - Barracks
15 - Marine (1)
16 - Orbital Command + Supply Depot (2)
16 @100% Marine (1) - Command Center (2)
21 - Bunker (1) + Barracks (2) (3)
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
tegan41 Posted at: 00:05 Apr15 2010 Post ID: 2830780
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Umm, I kinda like hm's. They should probably revamp them and make them a lot more useful, rather then just a single use to advance.
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 01:52 Apr15 2010 Post ID: 2830815
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
i like this idea.

it'll also be good to get rid of that hm slave.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Ryuujin Posted at: 06:08 Apr15 2010 Post ID: 2830847
Ryuujin
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I just use the Run Anywhere cheat to get past trees and boulders, so I couldn't really care less.
~ My Theme ~
coachcline Posted at: 20:23 Apr15 2010 Post ID: 2831301
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
^ Well aren't you just special? XD

Eh, HM's don't bother me. One of my favorite moves (Surf) is an HM. The only thing that makes me mad is the fact that you can't just forget 'em. An HM Mule isn't all that bad either if the rest of your team is solid. I hope HMs return this generation, maybe not as many though. They could make the sucky ones like Cut & Rock Smash into TMs that they sell in the stores.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 08:21 Apr16 2010 Post ID: 2831443
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
+
They do need to turn cut into a TM. HMs I don't have a big problem with for the most part.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
sphynxx Posted at: 04:15 Apr17 2010 Post ID: 2831783
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
Get rid of the HM factor; but keep the moves.

Plus; why do we even have to move random bolders & crap around anyway using a specific move? Why not encorperate the Pokeathelon skills into the every day world;

Ie; the power (or was it strength?) stat - Pokemon with 4 stars or higher can move bolders.
Skill; 3 or higher, cut down stupid annoying trees/break stupid annoying rocks

that kinda deal.

& have any flying pokemon that is actually big enough to be able to do so; fly you anywhere you want to go, after a certain level/gym/point in the game.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
InvertAlpha Posted at: 15:27 Apr17 2010 Post ID: 2832181
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
+
HM 01: Cut (REMOVE) Combine it with Rock Smash and make it into a move I have been calling "Shatter"
HM 02: Fly (KEEP) Good attack
HM 03: Surf (KEEP) Good attack
HM 04: Strength (KEEP) OK attack
HM 05 (Defog/Whirlpool (REMOVE/REMOVE) Stat inflicting, weak attacks should not be a part of the HMs
HM 06: Rock Smash (REMOVE) See Cut
HM 07: Waterfall (KEEP) OK Move
HM 08: Rock Climb (KEEP) VERY good move. 90 damage with a chance of confusion. MAN, what a HM choice.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close