Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Black

Dear Nintendo,

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
yossy666 Posted at: 23:45 Apr18 2010 Post ID: 2833489
yossy666
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Please refrain from using the Pokemon from Generations I-IV in Generation V. Doing so will ruin the games. Make this Generation completely fresh and independent from previous installments. I don't mind moves, characters, or references to previous games being included, just so long as you make the overall game significantly unique.

- Ben.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
marielue5 Posted at: 23:53 Apr18 2010 Post ID: 2833490
marielue5
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Why? Why wouldn't you want to be able to trade pokes from the old game to this new one? Do you have any reasoning?

You do realize that if they did this it would pretty much ruin competitive play, it would take 394 pokemon out, only leaving 106 to play with competitively. Sounds boring to me.
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

Glaceon Posted at: 08:04 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833548
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
+
yossy666 said:Please refrain from using the Pokemon from Generations I-IV in Generation V. Doing so will ruin the games. Make this Generation completely fresh and independent from previous installments. I don't mind moves, characters, or references to previous games being included, just so long as you make the overall game significantly unique.

- Ben.

...Really?

If you want it that way then just don't trade Pokemon from previous games over, cause I surely doubt Nintendo is going to do the aforementioned.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 10:29 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833586
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
+
I think its already been confirmed that Pokemon Black and White will be able to connect to D/P/Pl and HG/SS.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
geezerguy Posted at: 11:49 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833618
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
+
Being able to connect to Gen IV doesn't necessarily mean you can catch the Pokemon in wild, really. Although you almost certainly will be able to it doesn't MEAN you can.

Tbh I agree with Ben, it would make it much more fresh.
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
Volke Posted at: 12:07 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833633
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
I think the oldies should only be available via trading.
snakespec Posted at: 13:51 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833693
snakespec
Post Likes: 5
+
+
good to see your posting again volke, yeah it would be better if the game was a fresh new design i would hate seeing gen iv pokemon again although pokemon diamond was ok platinum dissapointed me with so many oldies as part of the sinnoh dex, if nintendo would make this unique then maybe i will get a new DS since mine died just to play it.
TheLlama said:
If you have to refer to a book to learn whats right and wrong your parents have done an amazingly poor job of raising you and should be given a medal in the form of a bullet to the head.
rate_me Posted at: 14:56 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833715
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Who buys Pokemon games for their uniqueness and differences from previous generations? Do you really think that being limited to ~100 Pokemon would be more fun than having 200+ available in-game? Many people play for nostalgic reasons. Eliminate the first 150 and sales plummet. I don't see where the entertainment will come from with so few Pokemon, or why they would alienate so many nostalgic fans.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 15:21 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833722
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
+
The only ones I don't want to see right off the bat are Magicarp.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
geezerguy Posted at: 15:38 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833725
geezerguy
Jailbait / Lukie
Post Likes: 43
+
+
rate_me said:Who buys Pokemon games for their uniqueness and differences from previous generations? Do you really think that being limited to ~100 Pokemon would be more fun than having 200+ available in-game? Many people play for nostalgic reasons. Eliminate the first 150 and sales plummet. I don't see where the entertainment will come from with so few Pokemon, or why they would alienate so many nostalgic fans.

Are you forgetting how popular the first generation games were? How many Pokemon did they have.. Oh, just 150. And you're probably gonna come back and say that they didn't have Wi-Fi battling back then, but I agree with what Volke said~ they should only be available via trade. That would make me happy. Smile
Winner of Member Brawl 2011 <3
snakespec Posted at: 16:23 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833740
snakespec
+
+
Ninetailed Fox said:The only ones I don't want to see right off the bat are Magicarp.

but then we would have no gyaridos, i dont want a bidoof in this game period.
TheLlama said:
If you have to refer to a book to learn whats right and wrong your parents have done an amazingly poor job of raising you and should be given a medal in the form of a bullet to the head.
rate_me Posted at: 17:08 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833771
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
+
geezerguy said:
rate_me said:Who buys Pokemon games for their uniqueness and differences from previous generations? Do you really think that being limited to ~100 Pokemon would be more fun than having 200+ available in-game? Many people play for nostalgic reasons. Eliminate the first 150 and sales plummet. I don't see where the entertainment will come from with so few Pokemon, or why they would alienate so many nostalgic fans.

Are you forgetting how popular the first generation games were? How many Pokemon did they have.. Oh, just 150.

That was my point. The first gen is so popular that its Pokemon will not be removed entirely.

geezerguy said:And you're probably gonna come back and say that they didn't have Wi-Fi battling back then, but I agree with what Volke said~ they should only be available via trade. That would make me happy. Smile

No, I wasn't going to say that. I don't have wifi, so I don't care about that at all. Although, I do wonder why you'd rather obtain D/P/Pt/HG/SS/etc. to trade with to get a Chancey over just spending money on one game in which you can catch it yourself.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
coachcline Posted at: 19:52 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833857
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
It's already confirmed that B/W will be able to communicate with Gen IV in some way. The Movie 13 Legendary Beasts are supposed to unlock somethin' in B/W. I'm glad honestly because we've been able to transfer Pokemon over to the new generation since Gen III. I don't want all the Pokemon I've raised to be trapped in Gen IV forever.

I do think B/W should have fewer old Pokemon than previous generations, only the basics (Geodude, Magikrap, some Bugs). I don't see why people would want them to cut us off from Gen IV, it's counterproductive.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Star_Meteor_Dragon Posted at: 20:27 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833876
Star_Meteor_Dragon
+
+
I'd like some of the older Pokemon in B/W, actually. I love me some Magikarp, and I need Geodude for a handy HM Slave. Krabby is also good for an HM Slave, as I've found.

Less of the older Pokemon in this Generation, but I'd hate it if they removed them completely.
"Aren't I the best?"
"This isn't about you. THIS IS ABOUT THE FATE OF PINK-HAIRED WOMEN."

Pokemon Black FC: Audrey 3869 3198 3434
dynamitekid123 Posted at: 22:11 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833929
dynamitekid123
Blu Engineer
+
+
Other Pokemon are essentials for epic variety. :D

I LIVE
InvertAlpha Posted at: 23:59 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833977
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
+
Frankly, I also wouldn't want to have the ability to trade from Gen IV. Yeah let's trade our level 100 Typhlosion/Ho-oh/Lugia over to Black/White and totally ruin the games because you used a former Pokemon!
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
snakespec Posted at: 02:19 Apr20 2010 Post ID: 2834002
snakespec
+
+
they would probarbly put a trade level cap, although i did play through platinum with my lvl 100 dragonite from diamond so i cant say much except that i agree with invertalpha it ruins the fun of the game and the feeling of reward beating a gym leader with an inferior or weak pokemon.
TheLlama said:
yossy666 Posted at: 08:05 Apr20 2010 Post ID: 2834074
yossy666
+
+
I guess people misunderstood me. I meant I don't want previous generation's pokemon to be encountered in the wild. I don't mind them being able to be involved in the games per say, but only via trading, and only after finishing the game.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u Posted at: 08:10 Apr20 2010 Post ID: 2834076
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u
+
+
I agree with this.

The fact that there are so many Pre Gen in new gen games totally defeats the purpose of calling it a new gen...
Support Capitalism; buy more **** you don't need.
Glaceon Posted at: 08:12 Apr20 2010 Post ID: 2834077
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
+
Well that's a different thought. I could agree with that.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close