Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Black

Moderator Applications - Pokemon Black

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

qwertyuio Posted at: 01:05 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834429
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
It's been decided that the Pokemon Black forum is in need of some new moderators. So, everyone who wishes to have a chance at becoming a moderator for this forum, post a few paragraph long application and the smod/admin team(s) will make our decisions 9 days from now. We will be adding one moderator at the most. You have one week from this thread's creation to create and post an application. A last peace of advice, make sure you're familiar with both of these excerpts from the S&P FAQ:

"Moderators: Moderators, also known as Mods, enforce rules on a forum-wide scale. They have the power to Close, Move and Delete threads, as well as Delete posts, all inside the forum/s they moderate. A moderator will report any trouble in the Mod Squad forum if he/she is unable to act on it his/herself so that the case may be handled by a Super Moderator or Administrator. Moderators know what they're talking about most of the time, so it's best to listen to them; they got their position for a reason."

"Become a Moderator:

Moderators are normally the first-responders to any forum based issues. They manage the majority of the forum, because of this we make it very hard to become one. Moderators are chosen by hand. We do it like this, an application thread is made by either a Super Mod or Admin in the forum that the applications are for. In it, everyone who wishes to become a moderator writes up a few paragraph long applications as to why they think they should be a moderator and why they would like the positions. After about a week after the initial thread creation the moderators will be chosen by a vote conducted between the super moderators and administrators. Only apply if you have been on the forums for at least 2 months and have more than 50 posts in it. No more than 4 people will ever be added to a forum/hub. Moderators are chosen whenever it's decided that someone needs to be added by the smods/admins. Threads asking for the creation of an application thread without the consent of a super moderator or administrator are not allowed and will be closed."

Here are some guidelines as to what you could put in your app, but these are by no means requirements:

• Intro- Tell who you are and what position you want. [*] Why you would like the position.
  • What Moderating means to you. Would you want a Moderator's position like this for the power, for the title, what?
  • What you've done for the forum. How much activity, good topics, post quality, etc.
  • Site history. Have you had run ins with the staff of SuperCheats? Were they good or bad?
  • What qualities you posses that could benefit the forum if you were made a Moderator there.
  • Are you trying to improve on yourself as a Member of the site? Why and how?
  • Why you think you should get the spot.
  • [*] Ending- Finish up your app.

« Last edited by qwertyuio on Apr 21st 2010 »
    Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
    Ryuujin Posted at: 07:18 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834480
    Ryuujin
    Post Likes: 0
    +
    +
    I think Invert's doing a good job as it is. Do we really need more mods for such a small forum? I mean, yes, it's definitely going to grow exponentially soon, but until then, isn't just one good enough?

« Last edited by Ryuujin on Apr 21st 2010 »
    ~ My Theme ~
    Volke Posted at: 07:43 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834485
    Volke
    Executioner
    Post Likes: 33
    +
    +
    It's better to be prepared.
    InvertAlpha Posted at: 11:56 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834548
    InvertAlpha
    Coyote of the Void
    Post Likes: 6
    +
    +
    What happens if I get the Hub spot? Would two people get the Black/White spots? Would you hold more Applications for HeartGold/SoulSilver?
    Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
    Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 12:24 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834553
    Forgoten_Scars
    Orbis terrarum est mei
    Post Likes: 28
    +
    +
    Most likely two people would be appointed to the Black/White spots. HeartGold and SoulSilver are dying forums. One mod is good enough.
    Dark Breloom Posted at: 14:08 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834583
    Dark Breloom
    Post Likes: 95
    +
    +
    Hello, I?m Dark Breloom. I?m applying for the Pokemon Black Forum Moderator Application. I?m very active in the forum and I feel I can easily handle both Forums. I?m a major pokemon fan and I?m active in both Forums. I plan to get both games and I have a wide, extensive knowledge of pokemon, letting me easily answer questions about the game or post my opinions in topics.

I?ve played pokemon ever since Red and Blue came out, both Game Boy Color games, which shows my wide history in the pokemon franchise. I am an all-time fan and if I had to pick one Hub to only post it, it would definitely be the Pokemon Series.

I enjoy playing pokemon games to a huge extent and would love to help out the other Moderaters that not just get the spot, but also the fellow Hub moderaters of the Pokemon Series who have to go over every Forum to spam or flame/flamebaiting, and etc.

I know the rules of Supercheats and I used to be a Moderator for almost two years, giving me experience in handling situations and modding the Forum very well. I?m on Supercheats almost every day (unless it?s the case of groundings or just VERY busy schedule, which doesn?t happen often). I?m sure that if I become a Moderator again I can contribute extensively to Staff and moderation in general.

I have good, quality posts and can contribute well to topics made in both forums. I try to bring up activity in both forums, and neither one has even a page of topics, but I help to slowly and in a pace get the forum very active. I have already helped an amazing amount, and I?m a top poster in both forums.

All in all, I?m able to handle modding situations and know most of the rules, and have had experience moderating for almost two years. I have a wide, impressive knowledge of pokemon that helps me moderate both forums. I go on almost every day of the week and can contribute to Staff. Consider me in being a fellow moderator in the Pokemon Black and White Forums.

Yours truly,
    Dark Breloom

« Last edited by Dark Breloom on Apr 21st 2010 »
    hatershateme Posted at: 17:50 Apr22 2010 Post ID: 2835099
    hatershateme
    Mr. Forum Games!
    Post Likes: 4
    +
    +
    Hello, It's Joshua.

The Mod Spot I would like is the Pokemon Black forum.I want this Mod Spot because I really enjoy playing Pokemon. I have for 8 1/2 years straight. I know the basic understanding of the Pokemon series, and a little bit more. Such as Competitive play. When these games are released, I'm going to buy them for sure. To keep up with the Pokemon series. These are the only Pokemon games that interest me the most. Pokemon is just overall fun.

My history is not the greatest. But I have made up for it. I Mod 3 Forums, would really love for it to be 4. The forums I Mod are; Halo Hub, Pokemon Battle Forum, and New Members: Welcome Forum.
    Well, Halo Hub is not that active anymore, I tried to bring it to life. But people just don't post in the Halo Hub. Pokemon Battle forum, is overall active. I try to keep up on mistakes and correct them for others. I watch for this forum in the Latest Posts, I see a post, I read the post, and do the actions needed. Same for the New Members Welcome forum. This was my first Mod Spot. I have learned since the Modding rules for this forum, and also, many others.

I know many people on SuperCheats. Some people would say I'm a good person. I don't get mad over things on the internet. I'm very calm minded over internet, and In real life. I'm very active. Just I don't post. I watch the forums I mod very well, and would continue to do so if I get this spot.

If I need help with anything, I have a MSN. I would ask around for help if I needed some.

Sincerly,
    Joshua (hatershateme)

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Volke Posted at: 04:04 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838607
    Volke
    Executioner
    Post Likes: 33
    +
    +
    Okay, you guys have had plenty of time to apply, so this ends here.

Thanks to all who applied. We'll inform you of the results shortly.

UnPinning...

Closing...
    Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
    This topic has been closed by 388171

Post Top
    Click to close