Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Black

A Return to Greatness?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

coachcline Posted at: 20:23 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834770
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
So as we all know, Generation II is widely considered to be the best generation thus far. Therefore one could assume that their Gen IV & their remakes are that good as well (not nostalgia-wise but you know.) And I know that HG/SS have made lapsed fans interested in Pokemon again (one of my best friends is proof positive) so could that mean B/W will be on par with Gen IV & HG/SS?

I think it could actually, the more fans that get back into Pokemon through HG/SS may decide to try B/W & like it as much and possibly more. And the games have gotten much less babyfied in recent years & the whole series seems more mature now.

So, what do you think? Will B/W be good enough to bring lapsed fans back or keep them interested?

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Ryuujin Posted at: 21:06 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834794
Ryuujin
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I can see this happening.
~ My Theme ~
marielue5 Posted at: 21:34 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834812
marielue5
+
+
It's possible.

The positive and negative thing pokemon has going for it is its seen as a little kids show, so when new game's come out people shrug it off for little kids. I'm a huge shooter fan, and I like pokemon game's because I think they have a lot more depth then people give it credit for. Sure you can play it in a simple manner, but if you want to play competitively you can do that to by EV training. So its really a misconception, the very thing that makes it popular hurts it.
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

YubelPWNZ Posted at: 00:37 Apr22 2010 Post ID: 2834850
YubelPWNZ
+
+
Hmmmmmm............ its been a wile since i've posted here. Honestly i got pretty bored of Pokemon. HG was pretty good, but i didnt really get back into it. And i honestly cant see any depth to it or how it as become less babyfied. Like i said i've been out of it for a while so please tell me what's new.
IM BACK.
I'm sure you're all thrilled...
Anyway I may come back to Pokemon in a while, but for now SuperCheats still doesnt have forums for the games that I play a lot. DX
I am in the Sony-Microsoft-Nintendo war for the PS3. I have facts, do you? If not, shut up.
Thats about it at the moment, and I'm still BlackCimera96. I'm also CosmycMyndFuc on Cabal online...
I.O.U 1 pic Smile
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 00:40 Apr22 2010 Post ID: 2834853
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Yes because this game looks intresting.Hopefully it lives up to expectations unlike D/P/Pt.(in my opinion)

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

InvertAlpha Posted at: 14:08 Apr24 2010 Post ID: 2835868
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
+
YubelPWNZ said:Hmmmmmm............ its been a wile since i've posted here. Honestly i got pretty bored of Pokemon. HG was pretty good, but i didnt really get back into it. And i honestly cant see any depth to it or how it as become less babyfied. Like i said i've been out of it for a while so please tell me what's new.

They've removed the ability to gamble.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Volke Posted at: 14:19 Apr24 2010 Post ID: 2835876
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
I think it's too early to say.
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 17:07 Apr25 2010 Post ID: 2836449
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
+
I'm not going to have my hopes up. The games aren't always as good as you hope they will be.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
marielue5 Posted at: 00:19 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836636
marielue5
+
+
I think its easy what to expect though, just like any other pokemon game that has been made. You will start out by picking a starter, once that is done you will go to a city with a gym leader, beat him/her and go to the next 7 or so gyms. Beat them and beat the elite for. The thing that makes the game fun is the new pokes, what will their stats be like? How good will they be? How many new legends and ou tier pokes will we see? This is why I'm looking forward to the game at least.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Star_Meteor_Dragon Posted at: 21:15 Apr27 2010 Post ID: 2837225
Star_Meteor_Dragon
+
+
I think it's a sliver too early to say at the moment. All we really know about B/W is Zorua/Zoroark, that it'll most likely be able to communicate with Gen IV games, and the graphics.

However, by the looks of it, it'll be pretty good. Hopefully it won't feel rushed like R/S.
"Aren't I the best?"
"This isn't about you. THIS IS ABOUT THE FATE OF PINK-HAIRED WOMEN."

Pokemon Black FC: Audrey 3869 3198 3434
Aether13 Posted at: 10:25 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838716
Aether13
+
+
It's definitly possible but only if nintendo diverts from the whole beat 7 gyms catch main legendary beat 8th gym and then beat elite 4 then go to battle frontier formula

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
kamren3213 Posted at: 18:13 May01 2010 Post ID: 2839129
kamren3213
+
+
i think that the graphics are great EVERY THING IS 3D
marielue5 Posted at: 19:53 May02 2010 Post ID: 2839761
marielue5
+
+
Aether13 said:It's definitly possible but only if nintendo diverts from the whole beat 7 gyms catch main legendary beat 8th gym and then beat elite 4 then go to battle frontier formula

That was my point, however they can still have that as long as they add more. They need to make your journey feel epic and meaningful on a larger scale, make it feel like if you make a wrong decision it could mean everything. Bottom line is, they need something new.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Dark Breloom Posted at: 21:02 May02 2010 Post ID: 2839787
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
+
I can definitely see this happening. If Gen 5 games are going to be 3D and all, it may bring other people back into the games because there will definitely be a new feel for the games.
marielue5 Posted at: 12:41 May03 2010 Post ID: 2839938
marielue5
+
+
Dark Breloom said:I can definitely see this happening. If Gen 5 games are going to be 3D and all, it may bring other people back into the games because there will definitely be a new feel for the games.

That has a possibility of happening, however part of the reason why Pokemon used to be so popular is because of the show, and the show has just gone down hill and lost a lot of popularity. So I think that could be another reason why the games haven't been doing as well as they have in the past. But it still does sell more then any other DS game out there, at least to my knowledge.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Dark Breloom Posted at: 14:01 May03 2010 Post ID: 2839955
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
+
marielue5 said:
Dark Breloom said:I can definitely see this happening. If Gen 5 games are going to be 3D and all, it may bring other people back into the games because there will definitely be a new feel for the games.

That has a possibility of happening, however part of the reason why Pokemon used to be so popular is because of the show, and the show has just gone down hill and lost a lot of popularity. So I think that could be another reason why the games haven't been doing as well as they have in the past. But it still does sell more then any other DS game out there, at least to my knowledge.

The only types that actually normally watch the anime in my experience of little kids, and even they are still begging for their parents to buy them the games.
marielue5 Posted at: 14:55 May03 2010 Post ID: 2839963
marielue5
+
+
Dark Breloom said:
marielue5 said:

The only types that actually normally watch the anime in my experience of little kids, and even they are still begging for their parents to buy them the games.

True, but there is no denying that the show is less popular, leading us to a logical explanation that some of the games will lose popularity. I understand what you are saying, but since the show itself has lost popularity the kids that would be watching the show and ultimately buying the game, are watching something else and buying something else big picture wise.
fc 0301-9016-8239

InvertAlpha Posted at: 16:50 May04 2010 Post ID: 2840457
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
+
A good return to greatness is to also have Sinnoh in it. Technically a "rehash" of Generation II, but in a different location.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 06:22 May05 2010 Post ID: 2840697
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
all i want and i'm being serious is new starter types i've told people lots of times i even figured out a awesome combo but still i doubt nitendo will do it.

Its

Psychic-Fighting-Dark if you didnt know.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close