Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Black

New Pokemon (5/9 Pokemon Sunday Episode) Starters (5/16 Episode)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 19:38 May08 2010 Post ID: 2842192
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
+
The middle one looks like a puppy and looks like its the grass starter and maybe part electric.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
coachcline Posted at: 20:00 May08 2010 Post ID: 2842199
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
How do you get a puppy out of that?

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 20:08 May08 2010 Post ID: 2842200
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
+
It just looks like a puppy to me. ^_^'

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
coachcline Posted at: 20:20 May08 2010 Post ID: 2842203
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
Ok then. So, what part of that silhouette makes you think it's a puppy because I honestly don't see any resemblance.

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 05:16 May09 2010 Post ID: 2842295
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
Post Likes: 3
+
+
i see a dog to as well coach.If its a fire dog type thing that would be awesome.Like evolving into Fire/Steel like its a dog that looks awesome but steel armour.kinda like the ghost/steel you had in mind earlier in ths thread.

-Less Cringey Stuff here -

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

Aether13 Posted at: 10:06 May09 2010 Post ID: 2842332
Aether13
+
+
coachcline said:********! Oh well, better pics will come along anyway & somebody will post 'em then.

Anyway, a dude on Serebii pointed out that Lefty could also be a mermaid or dolphin so that's a possibility. But as of right now, I'm in love with Lefty. It pwns the other two all day long.

That's what I was thinking, because it kinda looks like a fish shaped pokemon, anyways my guess is Left is Water, Center is Fire, right is Grass.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
InvertAlpha Posted at: 16:57 May09 2010 Post ID: 2842481
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
+
How the faeiock can the left be a water type? or even a fire type? A fin that shape is cheesy and flames don't curve like that. Seems more like a grass type because leaves do curve.

I'd actually be pretty happy with it if it looked like this: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/picture.php?albumid=1728&pictureid=21963

« Last edited by InvertAlpha on May 9th 2010 »
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
coachcline Posted at: 18:52 May09 2010 Post ID: 2842533
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
InvertAlpha said:How the faeiock can the left be a water type? or even a fire type? A fin that shape is cheesy and flames don't curve like that. Seems more like a grass type because leaves do curve.

I'd actually be pretty happy with it if it looked like this: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/picture.php?albumid=1728&pictureid=21963

It doesn't have a face! You sicko! XD

Well, I thought about it & figured that they likely go in Pokedex order, so that means they're Grass, Fire, then Water from left to right respectively. And I don't think it's a coincidence that that's what each one looks like.

InvertAlpha Posted at: 21:42 May09 2010 Post ID: 2842633
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
+
Yes it does. The eye is left of the beak.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
yossy666 Posted at: 05:37 May10 2010 Post ID: 2842669
yossy666
Post Likes: 0
+
+
They look terrible. Nintendo has run out of ideas.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
coachcline Posted at: 20:06 May10 2010 Post ID: 2842984
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
yossy666 said:They look terrible. Nintendo has run out of ideas.

They're just shadows for right now. Wait until they actually reveal the damn things to judge them.

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 01:35 May11 2010 Post ID: 2843071
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
i have to repeat coach IA

You Sicko!

thats no eye thats looks like a damn leaf for a head.

Avy+Sig done by Cyn check out his Shop in the Graphic-Requests Forum if it still exists.

InvertAlpha Posted at: 17:28 May11 2010 Post ID: 2843349
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
+
+
The. Eye. Is. To. The. Left. Of. The. Beak.

coachcline Posted at: 19:19 May11 2010 Post ID: 2843381
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
Either way, if a starter looked like that I'd probably lose all faith in the Grass starter forever.

CoroCoro should leak tomorrow, if not tonight so we shouldn't have much longer to wait.

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 03:57 May12 2010 Post ID: 2843511
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
i zoomed in to 1000 and didnt see no eye.

Unles....

IA are you saying that the black stitch looking thing is the eye?

Yea same here coach.Goodbye grass starter and hello water and fire.(though i lost all faith in water after totodile)

Volke Posted at: 07:24 May12 2010 Post ID: 2843534
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
^What the hell? Swampert and Empoleon were awesome. Much better than Blastoise and Feraligatr. Swampert actually gave me faith in the Water starters, as they were somewhat disappointing previously.

Anyway, the one on the left both looks like the only one who could possibly be a Fighting type and looks the least like the Fire type, so hopefully we won't have another Fire/Fighting type. My guesses:

Lefty - The Little Mermaid meets Breloom. Clearly Water/Grass or Water/Fight.

Middles - Rattata's long lost half-rabbit cousin, springy tail added for kicks. Duh, this one's Normal. Or maybe it's the descendant of a Rattata breeding with an unknown pokemon which is a Fire type based on a rabbit. The result? Normal/Fire.

Righty - Mog from the Final Fantasy games. Type unknown, probably Normal or the rumoured Light type. Could additionally be Grass because they generally live in trees, or Flying because they're known to Fly. Wait! I've got it! Grass/Flying.

You see? I always catch on with these things.

Fail @ anyone who actually takes my post totally seriously.
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 14:45 May12 2010 Post ID: 2843633
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
+
+
Well so much for a puppy starter we got a pig instead.

ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 02:08 May13 2010 Post ID: 2843980
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
[quoteby=Volke]^What the hell? Swampert and Empoleon were awesome. Much better than Blastoise and Feraligatr. Swampert actually gave me faith in the Water starters, as they were somewhat disappointing previously.[/size][/quote]

Why dont you say that to my face?(i know you said fail@ anyone who took your post seriously but never ever diss blastoise and feraligatr cause swampert and empoleon are gone in a matter of seconds.I even made a battle flow thingy.

Blastoise and Feraligatr vs Swampert and Empoleon
Smawert uses Muddy Water ineffective
Feraligatr uses Superpower Empoleon Koed
Blastoise Charges Skull Bash
Swampert uses Earthquake normal damage Feraligatr almost koed
Feraligatr uses Brick Break Swampert down to 1/4 health
Balstoise uses Skull Bash Smawert is KOed
Blastoise and Feraligatr win

well we got a pig,snake with legs and a clown.

The fire pig and grass snake looks alright but the water is disgraceful,as i said in the pokemon white thread unless it has the most badasss evolvtions ever it aint ever gonna be on my team.

Volke Posted at: 04:42 May13 2010 Post ID: 2843987
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
[quoteby=ShadowStriker64][quoteby=Volke]^What the hell? Swampert and Empoleon were awesome. Much better than Blastoise and Feraligatr. Swampert actually gave me faith in the Water starters, as they were somewhat disappointing previously.[/size][/quote]

Why dont you say that to my face?(i know you said fail@ anyone who took your post seriously but never ever diss blastoise and feraligatr cause swampert and empoleon are gone in a matter of seconds.I even made a battle flow thingy.

The fire pig and grass snake looks alright but the water is disgraceful,as i said in the pokemon white thread unless it has the most badasss evolvtions ever it aint ever gonna be on my team.[/quote]

Thanks for being so utterly awful at trying to prove that Blastoise and Feraligatr are better than Swampert and Empoleon. You just totally made my day.

Trying to see who's better by pitting them against each other simply isn't a method of seeing who's better. But anyway, in the situation you posted, there are several incorrect facts:

- Swampert would not attack first, and no-one would be stupid enough to use Muddy Water on two opposing Water types.
- Empoleon does not get OHKO'd by Feraligatr's Superpower unless Feraligatr used Dragon Dance beforehand.
- Blastoise cannot OHKO Swampert with anything unless Swampert has suffered some serious Defence and Special Defence drops in the battle, and neither Blastoise nor Feraligatr have the kind of moves that lower enemy defences.
- Swampert's Earthquake would hit everything on the field except himself.
- Why the hell does Blastoise have Skull Bash? Serious, why? It's a terrible move, and you giving it to a pokemon means you are certainly in no position to actually judge pokemon.

Anyway, how about I recreate the battle, how it would be fought:

Blastoise uses Surf. Swampert suffers a little damage, Empoleon suffers even less.
Feraligatr uses Dragon Dance.
Empoleon uses Grass Knot on Feraligatr. Feraligatr loses over half its health.
Swampert uses Earthquake. Feraligatr faints. Blastoise loses around half health. Empoleon loses most of its health.
Blastoise uses Surf. Little damage again. Empoleon still takes the hit.
Empoleon uses Grass Knot. If this doesn't kill Blastoise, Blastoise is killed by Swampert's following Earthquake.

Or, another version:

Blastoise uses Surf. Little damage to either.
Feraligatr uses Superpower. Empoleon loses most of its health. Feraligatr's Attack and Defence drop a stage.
Empoleon uses Grass Knot on Blastoise. Looses up to half health.
Swampert uses Earthquake. Empoleon faints. Others damaged/possibly faint.
Even if both Blastoise and Feraligatr are still alive at this point, neither have moves that can kill Swampert due to most of his health being there, Blastoise being rubbish at attacking and Feraligatr's Attack having dropped a stage. Swampert uses Earthquake again and kills the two.

See, even with a method that's not used for comparing pokemon, Swampert and Empoleon still win.

Also, if Blastoise and Feraligatr are better, then why are they UU pokemon when Swampert and Empoleon are OU pokemon. In 3rd Gen, Swampert was considered the best of all the starters by professional battlers. In 4th Gen, Swampert and Empoleon are considered two of the three best starters (the third being Infernape) by professional battlers. Blastoise is outclassed by Milotic, who does what he does but better (and is also an UU), and Feraligatr is a bad Gyarados. So please, come back when you actually know what you're talking about.

As for the new starters, pity they were revealed so soon. Otherwise, the humour in my post yesterday wouldn't have been so short-lived. Although I was actually right about righty being the Mog from the Final Fantasy games. Looks like a cousin of his.

« Last edited by Volke on May 13th 2010 »
ShadowStriker64 Posted at: 05:41 May13 2010 Post ID: 2843993
ShadowStriker64
The Young Lord
+
+
[quoteby=Volke][quoteby=ShadowStriker64][quoteby=Volke]^What the hell? Swampert and Empoleon were awesome. Much better than Blastoise and Feraligatr. Swampert actually gave me faith in the Water starters, as they were somewhat disappointing previously.[/size][/quote]

The fire pig and grass snake looks alright but the water is disgraceful,as i said in the pokemon white thread unless it has the most badasss evolvtions ever it aint ever gonna be on my team.[/quote]

Thanks for being so utterly awful at trying to prove that Blastoise and Feraligatr are better than Swampert and Empoleon. You just totally made my day.

Trying to see who's better by pitting them against each other simply isn't a method of seeing who's better. But anyway, in the situation you posted, there are several incorrect facts:

- Swampert would not attack first, and no-one would be stupid enough to use Muddy Water on two opposing Water types.
- Empoleon does not get OHKO'd by Feraligatr's Superpower unless Feraligatr used Dragon Dance beforehand.
- Blastoise cannot OHKO Swampert with anything unless Swampert has suffered some serious Defence and Special Defence drops in the battle, and neither Blastoise nor Feraligatr have the kind of moves that lower enemy defences.
- Swampert's Earthquake would hit everything on the field except himself.
- Why the hell does Blastoise have Skull Bash? Serious, why? It's a terrible move, and you giving it to a pokemon means you are certainly in no position to actually judge pokemon.

Anyway, how about I recreate the battle, how it would be fought:

Blastoise uses Surf. Swampert suffers a little damage, Empoleon suffers even less.
Feraligatr uses Dragon Dance.
Empoleon uses Grass Knot on Feraligatr. Feraligatr loses over half its health.
Swampert uses Earthquake. Feraligatr faints. Blastoise loses around half health. Empoleon loses most of its health.
Blastoise uses Surf. Little damage again. Empoleon still takes the hit.
Empoleon uses Grass Knot. If this doesn't kill Blastoise, Blastoise is killed by Swampert's following Earthquake.

Or, another version:

Blastoise uses Surf. Little damage to either.
Feraligatr uses Superpower. Empoleon loses most of its health. Feraligatr's Attack and Defence drop a stage.
Empoleon uses Grass Knot on Blastoise. Looses up to half health.
Swampert uses Earthquake. Empoleon faints. Others damaged/possibly faint.
Even if both Blastoise and Feraligatr are still alive at this point, neither have moves that can kill Swampert due to most of his health being there, Blastoise being rubbish at attacking and Feraligatr's Attack having dropped a stage. Swampert uses Earthquake again and kills the two.

See, even with a method that's not used for comparing pokemon, Swampert and Empoleon still win.

Also, if Blastoise and Feraligatr are better, then why are they UU pokemon when Swampert and Empoleon are OU pokemon. In 3rd Gen, Swampert was considered the best of all the starters by professional battlers. In 4th Gen, Swampert and Empoleon are considered two of the three best starters (the third being Infernape) by professional battlers. Blastoise is outclassed by Milotic, who does what he does but better (and is also an UU), and Feraligatr is a bad Gyarados. So please, come back when you actually know what you're talking about.

As for the new starters, pity they were revealed so soon. Otherwise, the humour in my post yesterday wouldn't have been so short-lived. Although I was actually right about righty being the Mog from the Final Fantasy games. Looks like a cousin of his.[/quote]

Maybe i do know what i'm talking about i just dont want to talk about it...also why'd you go to such extreme measures to prove i'm wrong?You could have just said sean your wrong, or sean stop being stupid or maybe you feel threatened by me?is that it volke?...you young punk

also by Mog do you mean moglin those little weird things?

Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close