Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Black

Update for 4th generation pokedexes?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
PokeJan Posted at: 15:32 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855978
PokeJan
Post Likes: 0
+
+
So, I have heard what you will be able to transfer pokemon from the 4th to the 5th generation of pokemon games, like the time capsule.

BUT: How will it work with the new pokemon???
Will there be an update for the 4th generation so they can handle the new ones???
Or will the new pokemon just don't be let into the "migration room" (I guess it will be something like that)???

I think it would be awesome if you would be able to get the new pokemon to heartgold/soulsilver/diamond/pearl/platinum. But how should you get an update???
Press sig to come to my trade shop!

Sig and Avatar by: Me
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
rate_me Posted at: 15:39 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855981
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I don't think that you'll be able to bring the new pokemon over to d/p. However, I am not aware of any information on it.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
puppyman Posted at: 15:41 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855983
puppyman
Post Likes: 1
+
+
It might be possible either:
1: the update may be sent with the pokemon (sorta unlikely)
2: transfers normally
3: you can migrate D/P/P/HG/SS to black and white
4: Tragic, so it's in a spoiler...
Spoiler:
click to reveal
FCs in bio

^click to join my team^

Patriot X said:I though the slaves mods got to do that?

BumbleBEE-2008 said:sorry all funny posts have been banned from this sight until further notice

Sig by Devin

e-mail:[email protected]
Aether13 Posted at: 16:08 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855987
Aether13
+
+
My guess is that it will be something similar to the transfers between R/B and G/S and tbh I'm probably right xD

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 16:26 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2855994
Aeon-Flux
Post Likes: 97
+
+
Well I was thinking... Ruby and Sapphire was able to connect to FireRed and LeafGreen... FireRed and LeafGreen however was made after Ruby and Sapphire which raises my point Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver should be able to link with the Black and White versions... just my opinion, but you can't rule it out.
Aether13 Posted at: 22:17 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2856191
Aether13
+
+
Aeon-Flux said:Well I was thinking... Ruby and Sapphire was able to connect to FireRed and LeafGreen... FireRed and LeafGreen however was made after Ruby and Sapphire which raises my point Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver should be able to link with the Black and White versions... just my opinion, but you can't rule it out.
Yeah but there is a flaw in comparing those games, FR LG didn't introduce a new Gen like B/W are. FR/LG/R/S/E where all 3rd Gen games which meant obviously they could connect while D/P/P and B/W are different Gens. Do you understand what I'm saying? I know I do a terrible job at explaining things.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 22:26 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2856197
Aeon-Flux
+
+
I got ya, but Ruby and Sapphire... they was 3rd generation completely new from the others can you could put past Pokémon on them... *** Never-mind; I just convinced myself. I understand now; logic says you cannot transfer Pokémon from Black & White to Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
coachcline Posted at: 22:37 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2856205
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

How can you people call yourselves Pokemon fans if you don't even check the news sites regularly!? They missed some details from CoroCoro. Apparently there will be a new feature called the Pokemon Transfer Machine (original name, huh?) that allows you to transfer Pokemon from your Gen IV games to Gen V. CoroCoro only mentions it. On the Celebi page, it says Celebi was transfered through the machine. It doesn't say how many Pokemon you can transfer or if there are any limitations.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 22:42 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2856209
Aeon-Flux
+
+
I see... I didn't even know about this CoroCoro website... That's kinda what I was figuring; about the transferring Pokémon from older generations to the newer generation which will be coming in 2011.

Will there be a huge trading center like in Diamond and Pearl. Then you could trade Diamond and Pearl Pokémon from that instead of just having to transfer them.
coachcline Posted at: 22:49 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2856219
coachcline
Just call me Coach
+
+
CoroCoro's not a website, it's a magazine that often contains Pokemon news, Serebii is the news site.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 23:16 Jun14 2010 Post ID: 2856229
Aeon-Flux
+
+
Oh alright gotcha, I already knew about Serebii... being were I got news since Ruby and Sapphire in 2005.
PokeJan Posted at: 03:20 Jun15 2010 Post ID: 2856547
PokeJan
+
+
It was exactly because I also read about this "Transfer Machine" what I made this topic.
And that both generation 4 and 5 both are going do work on DS/DS Lite/DSi/DSi XL.

But I ask: will it be like the "time capsule" between generation 1 and 2?

I don't have an AR myself but I have heard that you are able to change things in the games, even permanently, with the AR. I don't think Nintendo will use ARs to update the games, but somthing like that. Perhaps some SD card for DSi/DSi XL and a sort of gameboy thing for DS/DS Lite???

Aeon-Flux Posted at: 09:02 Jun15 2010 Post ID: 2856606
Aeon-Flux
+
+
^Yes it will PokeJan; although no transactions can be sent to Diamond, Pearl and Platinum... I think I got it right now.
Dr_Logic Posted at: 23:17 Jun15 2010 Post ID: 2856944
Dr_Logic
+
+
I wonder what restrictions they will put on transferring your Pokemon.
"I shall always be convinced that a watch proves a watchmaker, and that a universe proves a God." - Voltaire
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 06:31 Jun16 2010 Post ID: 2856987
Aeon-Flux
+
+
Probably just not able to trade 5th Generation Pokémon to past generations.
X__x Posted at: 07:15 Jun16 2010 Post ID: 2857004
X__x
That Resigned Admin Face/Guy
Post Likes: 2
+
+
My thought: This transfer machine is the same as migration between GBA and NDS. Once you get there, there is no going back but at a one pokemon per send rate. Which would take forever..

Forgot I had this tag.

I'm also torn between Red and Green from Super Effective.
People kept asking me for minecraft skins. I now tell them to go to my website to request them.
Dr_Logic Posted at: 11:20 Jun16 2010 Post ID: 2857087
Dr_Logic
+
+
X__x said:My thought: This transfer machine is the same as migration between GBA and NDS. Once you get there, there is no going back but at a one pokemon per send rate. Which would take forever..

I know, I don't really understand why they made it that way, it would be nice if you could transfer by box. It seems as though they always have to make it the most difficult way possible.
"I shall always be convinced that a watch proves a watchmaker, and that a universe proves a God." - Voltaire
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 08:09 Jun17 2010 Post ID: 2857416
Aeon-Flux
+
+
X__x said:My thought: This transfer machine is the same as migration between GBA and NDS. Once you get there, there is no going back but at a one pokemon per send rate. Which would take forever..
And that my friend would really stink.
PokeJan Posted at: 05:57 Jun19 2010 Post ID: 2858091
PokeJan
+
+
I think the best would be if you could trade between HG/SS and Black/White like you can between HG and SS. Of course it would mean that you must have an upgrade for HG/SS.

Aeon-Flux Posted at: 10:12 Jun19 2010 Post ID: 2858138
Aeon-Flux
+
+
Well, honestly you might be able to do that since they already knew by that time they was coming out with Black and White, and maybe installed in Heart Gold and Soul Silver... interesting question.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close