Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Blue

All My Missingno Data

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
DigDug Dude Posted at: 15:58 Aug19 2005 Post ID: 353222
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
The following is a document containing every useful fact and stat I've learned about Missingno. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask me:

The following is mostly info on Missingno in Pokemon B/R/Y Version...

Missingno is a debugging Pokemon accidentally left in the game by Nintendo when they produced the game. It was used in experiments for hexadecimal altering and such to see how everything worked out and to make sure the game was functioning properly. It is an unstable Pokemon being, capable of screwing you game badly, sometimes even destroying the whole GameBoy in the process. If the graphics during battle get messy as a result of catching Missingno, your chances of the game glitching is much greater. But let me say this: ALL GAME PAKS ARE DIFFERENT. And because of this, different things will happen in everyone's game, so there is no telling what may happen if you catch it.

Missingno is responsible, apparently, for the game's save file and all of the big details in the game. I am somewhat confused, though, because Missingno was merely programmed for debugging purposes. But perhaps Missingno IS the controller of the game's main parts; maybe Nintendo simply forgot to remove accessability to it.

'Missingno' is short for 'Missing Number', and is the 'missing link' in the game. It has a Pokedex number of 000, thus stating that there really is a missing number about this thing. But what is even more mysterious is the fact that there is a person in the game that states that there is a 'missing link in the world'. Well, looks like this dude is referring to Missingno, undoubtedly. It seems to me many months ago a gamer on this site caught Missingno, and his player name changed to 'Link' and the game screwed-up. I was amazed later to find that his name, changed to 'Link', could have been connected to the 'missing link', also known as 'Missing Number', also known as 'Missingno'. So, alas, that must be why his name changed to Link!

Missingno has this ability to duplicate the sixth item in your item slot when you encounter it. Why? I figured that maybe the reason for this was because of the unstable reproducing hexadecimal residue data that was left behind in the making of Missingno. Or perhaps Nintendo put it in there like that for a reason? I don't know as of currently...

Remember the old coffee dude in Vermilion City, and how to find Missingno via him? Well, turns out that coffee dude is Missingno himself! If Missingno is responsible for all the Pokemon encounters and Pokemon stats, and if the coffee dude can just encounter a Weedle or Rattata out of nowhere, then he must be able to produce Pokemon anywhere, thus, he is most likely Missingno himself. In other words, he counts as a patch of grass. And maybe this has some connection to him being within the process of finding and capturing ++M++ or Missingno alongside Seafoam Islands.

In the newer versions of Pokemon Red and Blue and Yellow, Missingno has... well... changed... You see, Nintendo has recognized that many players have discovered how to find Missingno and capture it, so it has returned the blow by changing Missingno's appearance to look exactly like the ghosts found in the Pokemon Tower located in Lavender Town, without the Silph Scope. This may have been so that the game does not go unstable after having Missingno be caught. Missingno, in the older Red and Blue games, though, still continues to take a pixeled hex mess of a form, as most people find.

I have estimated that Missingno is the shadow of all existing Pokemon in the game, using certain hex codes to make itself appear as a secure, stable being that will not screw the game. But if you take away those codes and make the Pokemon unstable... then the Pokemon will become able to corrupt the game, and reveal itself truly as Missingno. A very mysterious thing indeed, that Missingno may actually be the primary compositional core of all Pokemon cyber existence.

In Pokemon Gold and Silver... Missingno is almost impossible to catch. Even Master Balls have a hard time catching it, leaving without avail most of the time. Sometimes, Missingno will appear in the form of a '?' with a circle around it, but this only seems valid in Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, and LeafGreen.
On rare occasions, Missingno may cause the massage 'Waiting...!' appear right in the middle of the screen during battle... I have not isolated this cause yet...

I think you can trade it to Gold or Silver Version, I don't know for sure... -Darkboarder_77

As you might know, all Bird Pokemon, or Pokemon that have the type flying, have Flying as their second type, never the first. If the type flying was ever the first, for some reason, it would mess up.

Pidgey is the first Pokemon that is completely flying. Charizard was the first flying, but he HAD to be type 1 fire because, well, he's a fire Pokemon. Since Pidgey was the first Flying Pokemon, Nintendo probably tried to make him type 1 Flying. It probably messed up and they had to start over with a new Pidgey, putting Flying in type 2 and replaced type 1 with Normal. But normal has the weakness of Fighting and the first type is the dominating one. But if you use a Fighting move is not very effective. Meaning type 1 Normal is just preventing it from messing up.

Missingno is therefore probably a Pidgey, type 1 Flying (which is the reason it messed up), and the Normal type is just preventing another Missingno.

Missingno was a deliberate glitch added by the programmers of the game to aid them in testing. It allowed them to progress quickly by giving them access to many items straight away. It would appear that the beta version of the game had land paths to Cinnabar Island which were removed. The Box Trick would appear to be for the same reason. Missingno's picture is either a mass of pixels in a backwards 'L' shape, (similar to a Tetris block) or a ghost from Lavender Tower before receiving SLIPH SCOPE. There is also a Pokemon similar to Missingno with a glitched name consisting of block shapes and the letter 'M'.

"I thought that you would like to know that in many UK versions of pokemon red and blue Missingno appears as a small letter "t", only back to front. He has also been known to appear as the Kabutops skeleton too... the same as the one in the Pewter City Museum (upstairs)."

In the Red and Blue versions, Missingno has no gender. However, when a player attempts to trade Missingno to Gold or Silver, the player with the Gold or Silver game will see Missingno as a male or female, even though Missingno (seen by Gold and Silver as Tyrogue) cannot be traded.

"And the way to trigger the REAL Missingno, not M', (I'm not too sure on this one, haven't done it yet) is too trade with any of the trainers in the game, I.e. the girl at the underground path. Then flying straight back to Cinnabar, getting on a water pokemon and surfing. Apparently, you run into the 'REAL' Missingno. {Me- This is partly correct. After trading a pokemon with any other Trainer in the game, you will run into a pixel Missingno on Cinnabar's right coast.}

For those who don't know how to get Missingno, here it is:

1) Go to the northern part of Viridian City, and watch the Old Man's demonstration on how to catch a Pok�mon.

2) Fly to Cinnabar Island.

3) Surf up and down along the east coast of the island until you find Missingno.

(Depending on your name, Missingno. may not show up. If it doesn't, try the cheat above "How to Catch Missingno.")
Romney '08!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
spideraman99 Posted at: 16:50 Aug19 2005 Post ID: 353348
spideraman99
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Wow, did you know that you can find Aerodactly fossils as well east of Cinnnabar? I tried so many times to trade to my Crystal version, but it would say that it's abnormal. Since Crystals's newer than g/s, I'll try trading to my Silver verison. Just one thing I don't understand. When the guys translated the game, they translated Missingno too, apparently. That means they new about it when they released it. Why didn't they remove it?

props to pokemonruler for the sweet sig and avatar
DigDug Dude Posted at: 19:08 Aug19 2005 Post ID: 353618
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I knew about the Aerodactyl fossil.

You can't trade it to Silver, Gold, or Crystal.

What do you mean they translated Missingno?
Romney '08!
spideraman99 Posted at: 20:27 Aug19 2005 Post ID: 353834
spideraman99
+
+
The name. I think I read that somewhere and it's been bothering me. They had to translate the entire game, right? That includes all the words. So, Missingno's name is in English so they translated it, right?

DigDug Dude Posted at: 11:49 Aug20 2005 Post ID: 354775
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
They translated it to what? Japanese?
Romney '08!
spideraman99 Posted at: 18:39 Aug20 2005 Post ID: 355373
spideraman99
+
+
No, from Japanese. This game was originally made in Japanese, right>

DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:52 Aug21 2005 Post ID: 356868
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I'm not sure if it was made in Japan, but I've seen a picture of a Japanese Blue that had some Japanese sybols and the word "MISSINGNO." in English.

You know how you can't trade the pixel Missingno or GB 'M GB to G/S/C? Well what if you tried to trade a fossil Missingno? Would it let you?
Romney '08!
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 20:00 Aug26 2005 Post ID: 368403
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
EVEN I have 4 times as much knowledge as that regarding Missingno. Heh.

You can't beat me, Digdug, you just can't.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:23 Aug28 2005 Post ID: 372592
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I know that, but what about the fossil Missigno?
Romney '08!
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:43 Aug29 2005 Post ID: 374877
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Are you referring to the Fossil Aerodactle and Kabutops?
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

DigDug Dude Posted at: 16:50 Aug29 2005 Post ID: 374903
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Either of them.
Romney '08!
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:02 Aug30 2005 Post ID: 377084
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Okay, so what about them? o_O

DigDug Dude Posted at: 18:08 Aug30 2005 Post ID: 377368
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Can you trade either of the fossil Missingno to G/S?
Romney '08!
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 13:26 Sep05 2005 Post ID: 391115
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I... I am not sure. If I could relate their hex data to a typical Aerodactle's or Kabutop's hex, I might get a lil' hint.

I'll start a Google search on it. (I love Google, as you have probably figured out.)

DigDug Dude Posted at: 17:30 Sep05 2005 Post ID: 391805
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yeah I have figured that you love Google.

Missingno Areodactly: hex B7

Areodactly: hex AB

Missingno Kabutops: hex B6

Kabutops: hex 5B
Romney '08!
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 18:27 Sep12 2005 Post ID: 407206
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Shat... okay, now I've gotta brainstorm on it a bit. Though I don't know where I will find the time... (Oh, here it is! XD)

DigDug Dude Posted at: 15:13 Sep13 2005 Post ID: 408653
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I've got the Aerydactyl Missingno.
Romney '08!
Cipher_Wizard Posted at: 15:14 Sep13 2005 Post ID: 408656
Cipher_Wizard
+
+
Missigno. is crazy...
If you see me posting, it's because I've been asked to. Which I guess would mean I'm taking requests.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 14:36 Sep14 2005 Post ID: 410826
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I think it's awsome. There are so many neat things you can do with it.
Romney '08!
gore1990000 Posted at: 17:13 Apr23 2006 Post ID: 800685
gore1990000
Forum GuestMember
+
+
like what i dont know much about missingno. only that you can dupe items and stuff like that.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close