Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Blue

The truth behind Missingno.

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Popcorn Fairy Posted at: 03:05 Jun25 2005 Post ID: 222103
Popcorn Fairy
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I have confirmation from computer experts that missingno. is actually the remnants of an incomplete erasure. Apparently, Nintendo planned to put 152 pokemon in, the 152nd being most likely Lugia, from scripting scans. You know the tv show pokemon, there was togepi, marril, lugia? This strange glitch contains the incomplete data of them and more. Ever wonder why, provided the circumstances, Missingno. evolves into Khangaskan, remoraid, lugia, or something? Apparently, a link between data sources(different game cartridges) triggers a completion in the coding and, so to speak, completes the puzzle. This is the truth of Missingno. Things happen when its data inadvertently combine with other data. Even the rare candy trick.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 12:03 Jun25 2005 Post ID: 222762
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i think i remember the first gsc poke to appear in the tv show was ho-oh >_<
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 13:03 Jun27 2005 Post ID: 225762
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 25-Jun-2005 Popcorn Fairy said:I have confirmation from computer experts that missingno. is actually the remnants of an incomplete erasure. Apparently, Nintendo planned to put 152 pokemon in, the 152nd being most likely Lugia, from scripting scans. You know the tv show pokemon, there was togepi, marril, lugia? This strange glitch contains the incomplete data of them and more. Ever wonder why, provided the circumstances, Missingno. evolves into Khangaskan, remoraid, lugia, or something? Apparently, a link between data sources(different game cartridges) triggers a completion in the coding and, so to speak, completes the puzzle. This is the truth of Missingno. Things happen when its data inadvertently combine with other data. Even the rare candy trick.
Very interesting! I like this! I just wonder what I have to do to complete the data to get Lugia, though.

And does Missingno have anything in relation to the Yoshi that Dragonite can evolve into in the Yoshi Glitch?
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

imdabest Posted at: 02:21 Jun30 2005 Post ID: 230057
imdabest
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Yoshi Glitch?I've never heard of it.What is it?
there are three types of people. Those that can cheat and those who can't.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:04 Jul02 2005 Post ID: 234628
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
It's where you have a Blue and a Red Version and you trade a Dratini from one to the other. Then you have to evolve it, then trade it back. Then, you have to evolve it once more into a Dragonite, then trade it again. Then, with the Dragonite in your party, you have to go to the exact spot where Mewtwo was standing in the Cerulean Cave and use, I think, a Moon Stone or a Fire Stone or some stone on the Dragonite. It will then evolve into Yoshi. I believe this is real.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 02:12 Jul05 2005 Post ID: 238849
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
not a chance - sharkers would have found that out long ago.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 16:24 Jul05 2005 Post ID: 240075
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I had thought I had seen this cheat Verified in the Submissions section, but my memory is faded. I cannot recall exactly. Anyway, I cannot Verify this cheat myself, but if anyone is willing to test it and report results, please do.

How can I get Missingno to become a Lugia? Or to produce one, for that matter?

spideraman99 Posted at: 16:57 Jul05 2005 Post ID: 240109
spideraman99
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Since a Rare Candy changes it to Kanghaskhan(in most cases) I beieve that subjecting it to some other item will do that.

props to pokemonruler for the sweet sig and avatar
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 17:27 Jul06 2005 Post ID: 242488
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
But a Kanghaskahn was not one of the data mixtures composed into Missingno...

spideraman99 Posted at: 11:08 Jul07 2005 Post ID: 243809
spideraman99
Post Likes: 3
+
+
So why does it evolve into it with a rare candy?

props to pokemonruler for the sweet sig and avatar
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 15:10 Jul08 2005 Post ID: 246516
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
Maybe the combination of some of the secret Pokemon in Missingno's data components composes it...

gore1990000 Posted at: 17:19 Apr23 2006 Post ID: 800691
gore1990000
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i think that missingo. is a mixture of zapdos and some other pokemon because compare missingnos call to zapdos call.
pikachu101 Posted at: 22:40 Apr23 2006 Post ID: 801011
pikachu101
Forum GuestBanned
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Well, missingno,. is just a debugging program left in the game by nintendo accindently. If you call them. they'll say he doesn't exist
missingno3 Posted at: 19:25 Apr26 2006 Post ID: 803972
missingno3
+
+
they just try to cover it up
they put it in on purpose
I don't come on SC much these days. It was my first forum, and it will always have a special place in my heart! All the old posts I made before I comprehended English make me smile Smile

Steam:
parrotboy Posted at: 20:32 May12 2006 Post ID: 823238
parrotboy
+
+
i reakon the designers put it there to make conversations like this one
This world is full of people trying to copy the people who try to copy them.

Be individual!

http://member.mibba.com/9856/
hiinthesky16000 Posted at: 15:03 May13 2006 Post ID: 824488
hiinthesky16000
+
+
if it is possible to get lugia maybe you have to give him some sort of other item. instead of rare candy maybe like he has to hold a stone or if you use it on missingno it may evolve?
leaf's PokePet

[color=#00FFFF]ivy the level 16
r and c mega Posted at: 15:26 May13 2006 Post ID: 824530
r and c mega
+
+
Ho Oh was definately the first to appear in the show. He was in either the first one or one of the early ones. Ash told someone he'd seen it but they told him he couldn't have. I think it was a Nurse.
Anyway, I thought it was well known that Missingno was just a glitch. Missing no only even means Missing Number and it's just blank where the name should be anyway. Who was dumb enough to catch it anyway, I did that to mate's game to get back at erasing mine.
sigs are for losers

missingno3 Posted at: 20:11 May13 2006 Post ID: 825020
missingno3
+
+
thats true
I don't come on SC much these days. It was my first forum, and it will always have a special place in my heart! All the old posts I made before I comprehended English make me smile Smile

Steam:
parrotboy Posted at: 00:54 May14 2006 Post ID: 825304
parrotboy
+
+
R&C, it doesnt always screw your game
This world is full of people trying to copy the people who try to copy them.

Be individual!

http://member.mibba.com/9856/
missingno3 Posted at: 13:35 May14 2006 Post ID: 825984
missingno3
+
+
true true

Steam:
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close