Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

Which is the best starter pokemon for diamond and pearl?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

hitmankaka Posted at: 05:44 Apr06 2007 Post ID: 1493816
hitmankaka
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
hey which is the best starter pokemon for diamond and pearl is it:

Tutrig The Grass Pokemon Which evolves into Torterra the Grass/Ground Type
Chimchar The fire Pokemon Which evolves into Infernape the Fire/Fighting Type
Piplup The Water Pokemon Which evolves into Empoleon the Water/Steel Type

PLZ REPLY AND PLZ POST YOUR CHOICE HERE OR YOU CAN MAIL ME AT [email protected] THANK YOU AND PLZ POSTThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
CARTIKNY Posted at: 10:36 Apr06 2007 Post ID: 1494327
CARTIKNY
+
+
choose one yourself they all have their own weaknes and good pointsThumbs UpThumbs Up
hitmankaka Posted at: 11:50 Apr06 2007 Post ID: 1494513
hitmankaka
Forum GuestMember
+
+
But Which 1 is the best?Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
irollgen4s Posted at: 12:16 Apr06 2007 Post ID: 1494613
irollgen4s
+
+
jeeze their is noooo best. and you completely spammed this so it should really be closed but ill get to the point. piplup turns to water steel he can be taken down by fighting from infernape but he can use surf. piplup can ice beam torterra but torterra can earthquake him.

anyway infernape cant take down torterra in any way i can think of.

i think turtwig will be the most unique starter and will have many advantages but wont be choosen much. so he's pretty much the underdog while chimchar is gunna be the boring once again fire fighting rip off blaziken(i still like him though). and piplup is going to be the weakest one of the bunch. empoleon learns crap moves along with crap stats.

these are all in my opinion so no one take it personally(i dont know why you would its a game). on diamond im picking turtwig and pearl im choosing chimchar(its a monkey i cant resist).

credit= EspeonDude_(not husky boy <_<)

Pokemon diamond friend code is 2835 6576 4587. my name is Ryan with only the R capi
EspeonDude_ Posted at: 13:21 Apr06 2007 Post ID: 1494760
EspeonDude_
+
+
Double post deleted.

I'll edit my answer in a second.

Turtwig: Turtwig is the Grass Starter. Turtwig is capable of learning Grass moves a bit early, giving it a quick advantage. Turtwig evolves into Grotle at Level 18, who is capable of learning Leech Seed. Grotle then evolves into Torterra at Level 32. Torterra becomes part Ground, making it capable of unleashing the great move, Earthquake. The problem is that it's quite slow and gets killed by Ice Beam easily.

Chimchar: Chimchar is my personal favorite choice. Chimchar, like Torchic will have trouble with the first gym unless you evolve into into Moneferno at Level 14. Monferno can learn Typhlosion's move, Flame Wheel. Monferno is also like Combusken, it's part Fighting. Monferno then evolves into Infernape at Level 36. Just like Blaziken, it's Fire/Fighting. It learns a great deal of Physical attacks and has the attack stat to use them, he's quite speedy too.

Piplup: Piplup is the water starter. Piplup doesn't learn any good moves early in the game until Bubblebeam, giving it a hard time. It evolves into Priplup at Level 16. They still aren't anything special though. At Level 36, Prinplip evolves into Empoleon. Empoleon is part Steel, giving it more some good defensive parts now.

This is just from my point of view.

« Last edited by EspeonDude_ on Apr 6th 2007 »

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
Luigiguy22 Posted at: 17:04 Apr06 2007 Post ID: 1495320
Luigiguy22
+
+
I think Chimchar is the best one.

Thanks to Ares2 for the sweet sig and avy.
Husky Boy Posted at: 21:10 Apr06 2007 Post ID: 1495864
Husky Boy
+
+
Yup, before reading Espeons Post, I always knew Taught, Turtwig is the best, but know it's Chimchar.

Signature and Avatar Credit goes to me!
JOIN TEAM RACKISTAS IF YOU LOVE MUSIC
nyeem78 Posted at: 09:12 Apr07 2007 Post ID: 1496427
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
Everyone has a different opinion on whom the best starter is. Some Piplup because of his last evo. Some like the fact that Turtwig is Grass and Ground when he evolves. Then there are other's like myself for a change is going with a different type starter for a change of pace.

Everyone likes a different starter and in my opinion none is better than the other. I just say train em up the best you can or in other cases ask someone to trade to you all of them over Wifi.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Blazin Torchic Posted at: 11:20 Apr07 2007 Post ID: 1496867
Blazin Torchic
+
+
I like to choose Water Pokemon as my starter in R/S/E...but before the Water Pokemon was really weak. But now I like Piplup. But still, Chimchar it good. The trianlge is now uneven if they evolve into their final forms.

Toterra can take down Fire Pokemon with Ground Moves. It can take down Steel and Electric Pokemon with Ground Moves too. Water, Ground, and Rock are weak against its Grass moves. It can take down Empoleon and Infernape with Earthquake.

Infernape can take down Rock, Steel, Normal, and Dark with it's Fighting type. It can also take down Steel, Bug, Grass, and Ice because of it's Fighting type. It can take down Empoleon with a fighting move like Brick Break.

Empoleon can take down Fire, Ground, and Rock with the Water type. It can also take down Rock and Ice with the Steel type. Torterra can take Empoleon down with Earthquake, but Empoleon can learn Ice Beam and do Ultra power damage towards Torterra.

It all depends on the moves you teach it. Even though Piplup may sound weak, I like it the most!
A.N.B.U. Posted at: 00:30 Apr08 2007 Post ID: 1498924
A.N.B.U.
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i dont think it really matters as long as you trade them good you can win against anything, i trained my treecko well and i defeated my friends blaziken when i was still treecko so just imagine what you can do with a sceptile so just choose they can be the best or the worst its how YOU train them nothing else
Xein Posted at: 16:11 Apr08 2007 Post ID: 1500496
Xein
+
+
I don't really care which is best cause im getting all three so i can train them to be equal

Diamond- Name- XEIN FC- 3823 5547 8764
Battle Revolutiom- name XEIN code 1031 8278 1971
Husky Boy Posted at: 20:24 Apr08 2007 Post ID: 1501259
Husky Boy
+
+
On 08-Apr-2007 Xein said:I don't really care which is best cause im getting all three so i can train them to be equal
That's gonna be hard, I mean, without the other badges, they're not gonna listen to you.
I did that on my Gold, and I had to go all the way to azalea to get the badge so i can train them properly with them listening to me.

Signature and Avatar Credit goes to me!
JOIN TEAM RACKISTAS IF YOU LOVE MUSIC
king26 Posted at: 21:47 Apr08 2007 Post ID: 1501429
king26
+
+
they are all good, if you want to start the game out strong pick turtwig, he learns the best moves early on and can help you will alot of the gyms. piplup is my favorite and porbly the worst, he doesnt learn good moves early on and once he is a steel he learns a few better moves with tide and drill peck he will be a good choice though. chimchar is my least favoritem although he may be the best i still like alot of other fire pokemon over him. hge earns the best moves then turwig, followed by piplup. im getting turwig and piplup, i cant stand the monkey for some reason.

sig made at THE SHOP!
nyeem78 Posted at: 07:28 Apr09 2007 Post ID: 1501907
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
This starter question is some what annoying now.

All the starters are great, it just depends on what moveset you use and how you can battle with that pokemon and use them to the best of your advantage.

Get on Wifi immediately and get someone to trade all of them to you.

Note: Anyone that wants all three starters but is only going to get one game and cannot wait for the AR codes to come out can get my friend code and I will trade the two you didn't choose from and trade them to you from my Pearl or Diamond game. I will even name my trainer on the game after the trainer you choose. It will just have a different trainer ID number & will level up faster and what not because it is not the original trainer.

Edit : That is if you want to see which is the best starter by doing your own research because you will have all three.

« Last edited by nyeem78 on Apr 9th 2007 »
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Xein Posted at: 08:39 Apr09 2007 Post ID: 1502021
Xein
+
+
On 09-Apr-2007 nyeem78 said:This starter question is some what annoying now.

All the starters are great, it just depends on what moveset you use and how you can battle with that pokemon and use them to the best of your advantage.

Note: Anyone that wants all three starters but is only going to get one game and cannot wait for the AR codes to come out can get my friend code and I will trade the two you didn't choose from and trade them to you from my Pearl or Diamond game. I will even name my trainer on the game after the trainer you choose. It will just have a different trainer ID number & will level up faster and what not because it is not the original trainer.

Edit : That is if you want to see which is the best starter by doing your own research because you will have all three.
I agree in my leafgreen i taught it move so it can have a beter chance against water pokemon. So with the right train ou can make any of the starters better or not then the others

Diamond- Name- XEIN FC- 3823 5547 8764
Battle Revolutiom- name XEIN code 1031 8278 1971
Big Shady Posted at: 09:07 Apr09 2007 Post ID: 1502041
Big Shady
+
+
On 09-Apr-2007 nyeem78 said:This starter question is some what annoying now.

Good, I found someone to do this with me Smile No1 replies when I suggest it... Remember to be here on April 22nd.
Hmph.

Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
nyeem78 Posted at: 13:03 Apr09 2007 Post ID: 1502582
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 09-Apr-2007 Big Shady said:Good, I found someone to do this with me Smile No1 replies when I suggest it... Remember to be here on April 22nd.
Okay Big Shady....I will def do that.

I don't know why no one would want to help out in trading and what not especially if your going to have two game like myself. I feel that is the best solution to everyone getting all the starters and finding out for themselves which one is the better starter.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

hitmanstano Posted at: 15:19 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1506907
hitmanstano
Forum GuestMember
+
+
WHICH IS THE BEST STARTER? PLZ TELL ME

THANK YOUThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
irollgen4s Posted at: 17:02 Apr10 2007 Post ID: 1507439
irollgen4s
+
+
why dont you get it there is NO best. turtwig can kill infernape in his final form with earthquake. torterra can kill empoleon with earthquake too.infernape can kill empoleon with a fighting move and torterra with fire move. empoleon can kill torterra with a flying move and can kill infernape with a flying move. so every starter is equal to me. i go by favorites looks types moves thats me. im picking turtwig on diamond since i like turtwig and dialga the most so they go on the same game. pearl i will choose chimchar cause he's another blaziken adn i loved blaziken(i still do).

so pretty much its based on preference. but please let people answer your question in here dont post in other topics cause its against the rule and if you keep doing it they could ban your ip to the computer you made it on(im trying to help you but you ignore it)Smile.

credit= EspeonDude_(not husky boy <_<)

Pokemon diamond friend code is 2835 6576 4587. my name is Ryan with only the R capi
nyeem78 Posted at: 09:34 Apr11 2007 Post ID: 1509071
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 10-Apr-2007 irollgen4s said:why dont you get it there is NO best. turtwig can kill infernape in his final form with earthquake. torterra can kill empoleon with earthquake too.infernape can kill empoleon with a fighting move and torterra with fire move. empoleon can kill torterra with a flying move and can kill infernape with a flying move. so every starter is equal to me. i go by favorites looks types moves thats me. im picking turtwig on diamond since i like turtwig and dialga the most so they go on the same game. pearl i will choose chimchar cause he's another blaziken adn i loved blaziken(i still do).

so pretty much its based on preference. but please let people answer your question in here dont post in other topics cause its against the rule and if you keep doing it they could ban your ip to the computer you made it on(im trying to help you but you ignore it)Smile.
Don't intertain him any longer. he has been reported and has been banned.

I also agree with what you said about all the starters none really trumps the other. Its just everyone has a different preference and that is what its all about. The right to choose.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 345498

Post Top
Click to close