Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Diamond

Who is Better? Lugia Or Ho-Oh?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
WWII Corporal Posted at: 08:49 Aug15 2007 Post ID: 1840898
WWII Corporal
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
It depends how you train them... i have a level 100 ho oh with respectable special attack... about enough to do half damage to lugia's high special defense in a single sacred fire...
but i have yet to transfer lugia from XD gale of darkness so i can see its side of the story
When you see the light at the end of the tunnel, the tunnel will collapse
More Bluntly... The light is a train
In English... Everything you work for will be taken from you

I am a pessimist...
It's better to be a pessimist, Because when the glass is half empty you get a refill!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
typhlosionowns Posted at: 21:41 Aug15 2007 Post ID: 1843262
typhlosionowns
+
+
Well, i guess its proven, Ho-Oh is weak compared to Lugia, and Lugia ownz Ho-Oh, if they're battling each other, but it really depends on their move sets, but seperatley, Lugia is still better because of its high defense stats.

My Friend Code is 3694 7523 8763
kh2 man1 Posted at: 21:47 Aug15 2007 Post ID: 1843278
kh2 man1
+
+
but since lugia can knoiw hydro pump it kind kills ho-oh in one hit
I have failed^ so I am aether13
Darkskater1 Posted at: 21:49 Aug15 2007 Post ID: 1843284
Darkskater1
+
+
lugia is stronger and looks way cooler

Shawn Michaels returned and will kick Randy Ortins @SS!!!!Applause

Shyphon Filter rocks! Evil
0__o

Mew5000 Posted at: 21:54 Aug15 2007 Post ID: 1843299
Mew5000
+
+
i agree, i have to say lugia is better he does have way more power.
Images removed — only one image allowed; height of largest image exceeds 200 pixels — Cross Stinger
typhlosionowns Posted at: 21:58 Aug15 2007 Post ID: 1843319
typhlosionowns
+
+
Ho-Oh just lacks good defense stats, if it had good defense stats, it might have a 1 out of 100000 chance of beating a Lugia with hydro pump or water pulse or any other water move,

Camerupt773 Posted at: 21:59 Aug15 2007 Post ID: 1843325
Camerupt773
+
+
Lugia is better imo.
champ3060 Posted at: 10:36 Aug16 2007 Post ID: 1844251
champ3060
Forum GuestMember
+
+
lugia is the best
Honchkrow is pwnage Posted at: 05:42 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1846895
Honchkrow is pwnage
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Lugia, yes, can learn water type moves, and could easily take Ho-oh out with hydro pump or surf, but not all Lugias know those moves. Now, saying Lugia doesn't know either of those, then Ho-oh would have a chance, because isn't a Flying/Psychic pokemon weak against fire? Thus, Ho-oh would not only have the STAB boost, but the double power through weakness, so 3x the damage. Either way, if Lugia is waterless, then it would be a fair fight.
No. I'm Not Back. Click for my DA page.

Pearl FC: 4467 7919 7431
Honchkrow is pwnage Posted at: 05:43 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1846898
Honchkrow is pwnage
+
+
On 15-Aug-2007 typhlosionowns said:Ho-Oh just lacks good defense stats, if it had good defense stats, it might have a 1 out of 100000 chance of beating a Lugia with hydro pump or water pulse or any other water move,
It would only need good SPECIAL defense, not def. and Sp.Def.

irollgen4s Posted at: 09:40 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1847106
irollgen4s
+
+
On 17-Aug-2007 Honchkrow is pwnage said:Lugia, yes, can learn water type moves, and could easily take Ho-oh out with hydro pump or surf, but not all Lugias know those moves. Now, saying Lugia doesn't know either of those, then Ho-oh would have a chance, because isn't a Flying/Psychic pokemon weak against fire? Thus, Ho-oh would not only have the STAB boost, but the double power through weakness, so 3x the damage. Either way, if Lugia is waterless, then it would be a fair fight.
what are you talking about? fire isnt super effective on psychic or flying pokemon. it only gets STAB from using like sacred fire.

the only way ho oh could possibly beat a water move lugia. is adamant EV trained in attk(its his better stat) and the rest tossed into sp def. the same goes for lugia since that would make lugia a tank.

still there the chances are slim. and why does everyone use hydro pump? that crap always misses and only has 5 pp. your better off with surf with 15 pp and never misses with a decent amount of attack.

credit= EspeonDude_(not husky boy <_<)

Pokemon diamond friend code is 2835 6576 4587. my name is Ryan with only the R capi
majormiltank Posted at: 12:53 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1847664
majormiltank
+
+
Lugia cause he pwns
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals that I allow to live.

vist the Wii sport forum
GO ROCKIES
kh2 man1 Posted at: 13:27 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1847748
kh2 man1
+
+
can we close this topic ever one know lugia would win
I have failed^ so I am aether13
Honchkrow is pwnage Posted at: 16:06 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1848166
Honchkrow is pwnage
+
+
On 17-Aug-2007 irollgen4s said:what are you talking about? fire isnt super effective on psychic or flying pokemon. it only gets STAB from using like sacred fire.

the only way ho oh could possibly beat a water move lugia. is adamant EV trained in attk(its his better stat) and the rest tossed into sp def. the same goes for lugia since that would make lugia a tank.

still there the chances are slim. and why does everyone use hydro pump? that crap always misses and only has 5 pp. your better off with surf with 15 pp and never misses with a decent amount of attack.
Last time I checked, fire was weak against flying :/

Honchkrow is pwnage Posted at: 16:08 Aug17 2007 Post ID: 1848172
Honchkrow is pwnage
+
+
On 17-Aug-2007 kh2 man1 said:can we close this topic ever one know lugia would win
Tucking Fypos! Please, check your spelling and grammar usage before posting >_> It hurts my eyes.

No, we will not, Lugia and Ho-oh have an equal chance when fighting. The mods choose when to close a topic, not because of a lack of posting, but because of spammy and flammy n00blets.

typhlosionowns Posted at: 19:11 Aug18 2007 Post ID: 1851034
typhlosionowns
+
+
Honchkrow, flying is only weak to electric and rock, you dont know pokemon that well if you think it is weak to fire, and psychic is only weak to dark and bug, learn your type matchups, plus if you used a flying move on a fire type pokemon, it probably had another type like fighing. again i say learn your matchups

« Last edited by typhlosionowns on Aug 18th 2007 »

Sonic_Master Posted at: 20:28 Aug18 2007 Post ID: 1851203
Sonic_Master
Zhuli! Do the thing!
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Ever since GSC, I always thought that Lugia is better, but then I thought, "Why not give Ho-oh a shot at battling, see what it can do...So I was amazed how much PWNAGE Ho-oh caused. Way more than lugia. Against other pokemon, Ho-oh is definately better it's HP is better than lugia's, as well as it's Atk, and Sp.def, they're spatk is about the same. Lugia Completely SUCKS in attack, I was very disapointed, Lugia was supposed to be strong, but it's utterly weak!! If lugia attackes ho-oh with a hydro pump, it will do AT MOST 1/3 of ho-oh's HP, and that if you're VERY lucky. But If ho-oh attacks it with a Sacred Fire, it will do at least half, and plus it'll probably burn it. You people never give Ho-oh a shot (because it was nothing new (Fire Flying) and it had a weird name). So against eachother Ho-oh will PWN Lugia, and don't even try to argue, I tested this out myself many times. Like I said, I was extreamly disapointed in how PATHETIC Lugia is!! Ho-oh is WAY better. But there is one thing about Lugia that PWNS, it has better combos than Ho-oh (toxic+calm mind+recover=PWN (but not to Ho-oh, or any poison types)), that's all.

PS: Typhlosionowns. Look who's talking "learn your types." "Psychic is only weak to Dark and Bug" and "Flying is only weak against electric and rock," are you out of ur mind?! Ghost is good on Psychic, and Ice is good on Flying. So please make sure of what ur sayin' or you might have to start eating your own words (which will not be comfortable).
Where's my sig?
Entei_eruption Posted at: 10:08 Aug19 2007 Post ID: 1852165
Entei_eruption
+
+
my opinion is not to put them in a battle in non water battles ho-oh can be a great help it can learn thunderbolt , solarbeam, sacred fire,Extrasensory, but cant learn ice beam which is a weakness and imagaine the chances of getting lugia vs ho-oh in one match so you cant compare them like this,Lugia also has a good arsenal of moves but lacks the attack stats
[center]
Sig made by me
Paired with Chaos H8,Mr.Clueless,Kaisern_x
euan Posted at: 16:47 Aug19 2007 Post ID: 1853411
euan
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ho-Oh Coz It's Fire ... Rawrrr!!
piplupstar Posted at: 16:54 Aug19 2007 Post ID: 1853441
piplupstar
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i have both lugia and ho-oh lv.100 and they have equal stats basicly the same moves but i'd lugia Evil
SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Displaying Page 2 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close