Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Emerald

Few question

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

killerpoh1 Posted at: 04:04 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005767
killerpoh1
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Erm... i am new here but not new to pokemon. But still got some question.

1)What does EV mean? i have read and understand but still not very sure what they are talking.
I think they say every pokemon gives some EV when we defeat them, how do we know what kinds of EV they will give?
I think i saw they say as long as it meet with a pokemon it will gain EV. Is this true(or i remember wrongly?)?

2)Macho Brace-a hold item that promotes growth but reduces speed. This speed that is reduce, is it reduce only while it is holding or reduce permanently or reduce the EV gain for speed? If reduce EV for speed, does it also reduce EV for those that are holding exp. share?

3)Is the chances for breading a shiny pokemon also 1 over 8129(somewhere around here)?

4)pkrs. I have a pokemon that get that, if i take out from the pc, how long will the pkrs stay there? or will it be gone after a while?

5)This one happen in sapphire. My friend gave me that and i decide to restart as its time(the battry thing) have not dry up so that i could catch registeel. So i release pokemon that i do not want and wanted to trade the ones that i wanted to my other cartage. But when i tried releasing a sharpedo, it say '...' then he came back and it say 'was it worried about you?'. What does it mean? Now that i moved it to my Ruby i can release it without him coming back(but i didn't save). Also It has a dot beside his name or somewhere near it, what does it mean?

6)How much would a Action replay cost(plus any idea if they are still selling?)?

Please at least answer some that your know. Thanks a lot. Sorry for poor English.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted at: 05:42 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005794
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
1) Defeating certain pokemon gives your pokemon EVs in one particular stat. It increases the likelihood of that stat increasing during a level up, and continues with higher numbers over time. I don't know what pokemon provide EVs for which stat, though, aside from Victreebell giving out three Attack EVs upon defeat.

2) The Macho Brace does not have any permanent effects, and does not reduce Speed growth. Holding it just lowers your pokemon's speed.

3) It's the same as catching a shiny pokemon. Yeah, it's around that number.

4) The pkrs? It's permanent, I believe.

5) I don't quite understand what you are doing. However, if you received the pokemon in a trade (even from another of your own games), it may be what caused the effect.

6) You'll probably only be able to find them online these days. The prices vary.
killerpoh1 Posted at: 08:51 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005832
killerpoh1
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Oh okay thanks a lot.
erm... 5 i meant like when i release a sharpedo, they will say like 'bye bye sharpedo' or something like that. But for this sharpedo it still continue with '........' and he came back then it will says 'was it worried about you?'. I can't release that pokemon, anyone has any idea why?
Jirachi X Posted at: 09:11 May23 2011 Post ID: 3005838
Jirachi X
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I've heard of that before.

For some reason, there is a small chance that the pokemon 'develops a bond' or something with you and refuses to leave you. Pretty sure the chances of this happening are infinately small.

It's nothing major, if you don't want to see it again, just shove it in a box.
I'm gone - bye
PurgingLight Posted at: 19:29 May24 2011 Post ID: 3006432
PurgingLight
+
+
Answers:

1). If a Pokemon gains Experience Points, whether it caused the KO or it was immediately switched out at the beginning, it gains EV (Effort Value I think) points for the corresponding stat.

2). The Macho Brace hold-item halves Speed while it is held, but doubles the EV gain from KOs.

3). There is something called the "masuda method" (or something like that) that alters the odds in your favor, but I don't know anything beyond that about it. But yes, around those numbers.

4). In the GBA versions the Pokerus (PKRS) vanishes at midnight on your game clock if the Pokemon is in your party.

5). I've heard of this. The chances of this occurring are approximately 10000 to 1 (I've heard) and makes the Pokemon unreleasable. Never had it happen to me, though.

6). Yes, they are sold online for $19.99 USD at http://us.codejunkies.com Yes, they are the creators of Action Replay.

Hope this helps you out, fellow Pokemaniac.
By reading this, you lost the game. Oh, and want to pet my puppy? It doesn't bite.

Sorry, no DS-compatable Wifi.
killerpoh1 Posted at: 09:39 May27 2011 Post ID: 3007529
killerpoh1
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Oh. So that bond is bonded when i catch it or after i have it(i mean it develop right after i catch it or only after sometime)?
So does anyone know what pokemon provide best EV for each stat in FR and Ruby?
Does their level affect our EV gain?
Hoe do we know we have maxed out the EV we can gain?

On mossedeep(again do not know how to spell. it is the twin leader) There is a house that inside have a old man(not really remember) and a door blocked. What is behind that door and how do we get in?

Sorry actually wanted to post on that day but forget.

EDIT:
PurgingLight said:Answers:
4). In the GBA versions the Pokerus (PKRS) vanishes at midnight on your game clock if the Pokemon is in your party.
5). I've heard of this. The chances of this occurring are approximately 10000 to 1 (I've heard) and makes the Pokemon unreleasable. Never had it happen to me, though.
Hope this helps you out, fellow Pokemaniac.

Regarding '4)' you said it will be gone at midnight right? So if my battery dry(-the clock stop...forever)? What if it is in FR/LG? they do not have clock so does it mean they will not be gone?

As for '5)' on the very same sapphire that i restarted, the swampart(i do not know how to spell) also again like the sharpedo that can't be release. Does this occurrence happen to traded pokemon as well? Does it occur over night or the moment i caught or bread it?(some may be same as the question before editing)

« Last edited by killerpoh1 on May 27th 2011 »
Volke Posted at: 10:53 May27 2011 Post ID: 3007556
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
killerpoh1 said:Oh. So that bond is bonded when i catch it or after i have it(i mean it develop right after i catch it or only after sometime)?
So does anyone know what pokemon provide best EV for each stat in FR and Ruby?
Does their level affect our EV gain?
Hoe do we know we have maxed out the EV we can gain?

Sorry actually wanted to post on that day but forget.

Victreebel provides the best Attack EVs. Not sure about the others.
Their level does not effect gain.
That particular stat will stop increasing completely.
Forum Guest Posted at: 13:51 Dec27 2013 Post ID: 3295936
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
5 is because it is the last pokemon that can learn surf and is unreleasable to be able to get off an island that cannot be left unless you have surf
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close