Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Emerald

Pokemon Emerald - Everything you Need To Know!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

annefranman52 Posted at: 15:51 May12 2006 Post ID: 822649
annefranman52
Post Likes: 0
+
+
FAQ and Team posting Format

Courtesy ? Master Milotic and ShadowGX

Contents
1.Team Rating Format
2.Pokemon FAQ (frequently asked questions)

1. TEAM POSTING FORMAY BY:BLEEPMAN
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
DONT POST YOUR LEVELS OR STATS, WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THOSE
read the goddamn title. i'm sick of all you idiot newbies who think you're good but don't even post attacks. sure your pokemon are good, but how the hell are we gonna rate the team without the variables: attacks, items, natures. i don't even care so much for the items and natures unless its a netbattle team, but seriously come on, use your common sense newbs -_-

and the official format for ingame teams is as follows:
Pokemon@Item
Nature
-attack
-attack
-attack
-attack

ex:
Heracross@choiceband
Adament
-focuspunch
-rockslide
-megahorn
-facade

you guys can post the list of TMs that you have so we can give better advice and see what you have access to.

barely anyone on this site even netbattles anymore so i'm too lazy to post the format, but if you want to post your netbattle teams, when you're in TEAM BUILDER, GO TO FILE> EXPORT TO TEXT.

2.FAQ BY:SHADOWGX

WRITTEN BY SHADOWGX, NOT ME

The nOOb zone: FAQ here! Plz don't be annoying with unnecessary questions.

Q: How do you get Mew?
A: Get the ticket/ Old Sea map from a Nintendo event, which you will have a hard finding, or get a cheat device. And no those events ARE NOT on the games.

Q: What about the other legendaries? Deoxys, Lugia, and Ho-oh.
A: Again tickets or cheats. For god's sake just use a cheat device. It saves valuable time and $$$.

Q: What's the best cheat device?
A: Personally I like AR 'cause it hasn't deleted my games at all and I had a he!! of a time with my Game Shark. You could also go with a Code Breaker but those aren't as common for good codes.

Q: Where do I get those at?
A: ...

Q: How and when do I get Latias/ Latios?
A: After you beat the Elite 4 your mother (on the game) asks you about a Pokemon on TV. She wants to know the color of the monster. Blue= Latios and red= Latias.

Q: How do I get the other one?
A: Got to Southern Island with another ticket and the other one should be there. Cheats are easier.

Q: If I get a cheat device, where do I get codes?
A: Sections of this site or pre-loaded codes. You could also Google search codes. There is also some recommendations in the user manual.

Q: How can I get all 9 starters?
A: Some can be traded. Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile can be obtained through Colluseum and cheats. The rest can be traded from Fire Red/ Leaf Green or Ruby/ Sapphire/ Emerald.

Q: Can I trade from older games?
A: NO!

Q: Who's the best starter?
A: Well who's the best singer?

Q: What's the best type of Pokemon?
A: Who's the prettiest/ hansomest person in the world?

Q: Why did you answer those questions like that?
A: 'Cause that's pretty much what you're askin' except with different scenarios. It depends on how you battle and what your tastes are.

Q: Which game should I get?
A: If you're in the Emerald forums apparently you have interest in Emerald.

Q: What's so different about Emerald?
A: Battle Frontier, Pokemon animations, you can get Kyogre and Groudon, stars Rayquaza, doesn't have a counter part.

Q: Don't you just mean the Battle Tower?
A: No. Frontier.

Q: Does anything happen when you get all the Pokemon in the dex?
A: You get a certificate from some guy. Yay...

Q: What can you do after you beat the game?
A: Nothin' but trainin' and boredom.

Q: When does Diamond/ Pearl come out?
A: You're in the wrong forum. GO TO DIAMOND.

Q: What do you do to get the legendary dogs?
A: Trade from Fire Red/ Leaf Green. Not availiable on Emerald.

Q: What is an E-Reader and how do I use it on the Altering Caves?
A: An E-Reader is a card swippy thing that you can use somehow to get certain monsters, besides Zubat, in the cave.

Q: Can you rate my team real quick?
Pikachu: Lv. 210
Clefairy: Lv. 255
Jigglypuff: Lv. 199
A: Let me just stop ya there. *smack* First of all, you're lyin' when you say they are past 100. That's the limit.
Second, post the moves too.
Third, why those monsters? You didn't even evolve them! What are you, a bunny? You want my Pikachu eraser? I've got a Pikachu and Ash pencil! Want that too? 2-1!

Q: How come everyone here seems to be so crabby?
A: People like you who ask stupid questions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... etc. Read other posts and questions before you post or submit your stuff and maybe people will be less, upset shall I say.

Pokemon Guide to Emerald Version

Master Milotic, thanks to him for this.

Contents:
1. A: Starter Pokemon movesets
1. B: Battle Basics

2. Battle Frontier Guide
3. Islands (ex: Navel Rock)
4. Last notes

Introduction
Yes, here is your guide to Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. First off, your starter.
It will be Torchic, Mudkip or Treekoo. They will all evolve into their last evolutions (unless you quit the evolution or have it hold Everstone), Sceptile, Swampert, or Blaziken. The movesets for these Pokemon (standard ones) are:

BLAZIKEN:

Swords Dance / Focus punch
Sky Uppercut
Rock Slide
flamethrower

SCEPTILE:

Leech seed
Substitute
Hidden power grass / hidden power ice
Leaf blade

SWAMPERT:

Ice beam / rock slide / surf
Curse
Earthquake
Rest
1.a
How can I get these movesets for these Pokemon?

Blaziken: Swords dance is found at the battle frontier, an old lady will teach it for 48 points, focus punch is found on the route above Rustboro. Sky uppercut is learned at level 59. Rock slide is also taught by an old lady. Flamethrower can be exchanged for coins at the game Corner.

Sceptile:
Hidden Power- old lady in a house in fortree city
Leaf blade- learned at level 28
Substitute: Lilycove Department store rooftop.
Leech seed- you have to breed a female Sceptile with a male Meganium. If you are to lazy to do so, use this moveset:

Leaf Blade
Thunderpunch
Hidden power (ice)
Focus punch

Swampert: Ice Beam: Game Corner in Mauville city or Abandoned Ship.
Surf: After you beat your Dad at the Petalburg gym, meet Wally?s parents next door to the gym.
Curse: Breed a male Slowbro with a female Swampert. If you are incapable of breeding
Or attaining this move, use this set:

Hydro Pump / Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Protect / Rest

And, that is how you get these movesets, moving on.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
1.b
Battle Basics

Super Effective: A move will do double the damage (ex: use a fire type move on a grass type, the damage will double).

Not Very Effective: A move will do half the damage (ex: fire type on water type will do half the normal damage. On some occasions, a move will be used on a dual element Pokemon, and both types happen to be immune to the move; then that will do one quarter of the normal damage).

Critical Hit: Sometimes, a move will hit a pokemon?s weak spot. It will do more damage than normal. Moves with high critical-hit ratios:
Slash
Leaf blade
Razor leaf
Karate chop
Crabhammer

Moves that increase your chance of getting a critical hit:
Focus Energy

Items increasing your critical-hit chance:
Dire hit
Scope lens

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Battle Frontier
A place where you test your Pokemon battling skills in challenges and tournaments that is unlocked after you defeat the Elite Four.

Frontier Leader: A head of a facility, these guys actually switch in, so watch out.
Symbol: Like a badge, you obtain them by defeating a Frontier leader. There are eight silver ones, and eight gold ones.

NOTE: FRONTIER LEADERS WILL ONLY APPEAR IN SINGLE CHALLENGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Facilities:
Battle Dome: Battle registering three Pokemon, and choosing two Pokemon for battle. They must not be the same Pokemon, ubers or eggs. The frontier leader is:

Dome Superstar tucker:
Swampert, Salamence and Charizard

To meet him, you must have gotten to the last round of your fifth tournament IN A ROW. He isn?t THAT hard, if you can guess what two Pokemon he will use.

Battle Pike: A long, narrow tube shaped like a Seviper is the Battle pike. You will have to enter one of the three rooms, once you do, something / someone will meet you. If you complete 28 consecutive rooms to meet the frontier leader:

Pike Queen Lucy:
Milotic, Seviper, Shuckle

Don?t give Milotic a status condition, substitute against Shuckle and psychic Seviper,
You?ll be fine.

Battle Factory: A tall building where you rent your Pokemon to battle, you can swap a Pokemon with your opponent if you win a battle. Finish 21 battles in the Battle Factory and battle:

Factory Head Noland
His Pokemon are completely random.

Assemble the best team you can by swapping, etc.

Battle Arena: There is a Referee. After three turns of battling, he will decide the winner of the round (you can not switch in this contest) on three details as stated below. A red ring gives 2 points, a triangle is one point and is delivered in a tie, and an X indicates a loss. The one with fewer points is made to faint, and in a full tie both Pok�mon faint.

Mind: The ratio of offensive attacks to attacks attempted.
Skill: The ratio of successful hits to attacks attempted. Failures due to the use of Protect and Detect are excluded.
Body: HP remaining after three turns, taking into account the HP levels as of the start of the three turns.

Complete 27 battles in a row, and face:
Arena Captain Greta:
Heracross, Umbreon, Shedinga

Medicham swamps this team so good it?s not funny. It psychics the Heracross, brick break / focus punches the Umbreon and Shadow ***** the Shedinga. Greta is doomed to this guy.

Battle Palace: Where your Pokemon chooses what attack it uses.

If you want the chart that tells you what the Pokemon will use depending on the nature, go to this website:

http://www.serebii.net/emerald/palace.shtml

When you complete 21 consecutive battles, you will meet:

Palace Maven Spencer:
Crobat, Slaking, Lapras
Watch out for Lapras? horn drill, Slaking can be very dangerous if it wanted to, and Crobat is no joke either. You?re just lucky it?s the battle Palace.

Battle Pyramid: There are seven floors. You must get through the maze on each floor while avoiding / meeting trainers and wild Pokemon. Your real bag will be taken before the challenge, and replaced by a small sack. You will be able to pick up items on your journey. For every Pokemon or trainer you defeat, the floor will get lighter (like the Dewford Pokemon Gym). Complete 21 floors, and meet:

Pyramid King Brandon
Regirock, Regice, Registeel
Fighting type moves are super-effective, but their high defenses can resist it. So stick to fire and water types.

Battle Tower: A simple, tower where you are led to a room. There are seven rooms per challenge. Complete 35 rooms and face:

Palace Maiden Anabel:
Alakazam, Entei, Snorlax

Counter with Medicham and anything that can defeat Entei.

Edit by Cross Stinger: The number of challenges required to face the Frontier Brains stated above only apply when going for the Silver Symbols. Collecting all Silver Symbols will prompt Steve to give you a lansat berry when you next see him, and you'll also take place in gambling tournaments at the small building directly south of the Battle Pyramid. To get the Gold Symbols, thus earning another Trainer Star, you need to face Lucy again after 140 rooms, Tucker after 8 titles, Annabel after 70 challenges, Brandon after 5 challenges, Spenser after 56 battles, Noland after 70 battles, and Greta after 56.

There you have it! The Battle Frontier explanation! Moving on?..

Islands
The islands: Navel Rock, Southern Island, Faraway Island and Birth Island.

NOTE: You MUST have gotten the required ticket from a Nintendo event, mixing records with a game that has the ticket, or using a cheat device. Once you have the ticket, go to the Harbor in Lilycove or Slateport.

Navel Rock: This is where you find Lugia and Ho-oh. Lugia is on the bottom floor, and Ho-oh is on the top floor. You will need a Mystic Ticket.

Southern Island: You find Latios (if you chose ?red? when you spoke to your mom right after you beat the elite four), or Latias (if you chose blue). You will require an Eon ticket.

Faraway Island: This Island is found outside of Hoenn. You will find Mew here. Try to corner it, and then press A when you meet it. You will require the old sea chart.

Birth Island: You find Deoxys here. To find it, you have to solve the puzzle. You will require the Aurora ticket.

Signed,
MasterMilotic

Netbattle: The Basics

Courtesy of Hunter15Shadow

1: Its an online game
2: You can pick any pokemon to be on your team and edit them the way you want it. Other players take advantage about this to make a perfect team they like.
3: You first pick a server you want to hang in and you request battles but some might not want to battle so dont pester them.
4: You can make you own server where your friends can hang out in and you make the rules since you are the leader of the server
5: game rules apply but the animations have been taken off like movements and the attacks dont show.
6: HAVE FUN and dont be a person that like to break the rules on purpose like spammers and flammers.

The website for this game is http://www.netbattle.net

Thanks to hunter15shadow, master Milotic, and ShadowGX for the hard work they put into these.

Cross Stinger: Edited information on the Battle Arena and made addendum to the Battle Frontier section.

« Last edited by Cross Stinger on Jun 12th 2006 »
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 250542

Post Top
Click to close