Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Emerald

Why does everyone hate Emerald?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Metric Inchworm Posted at: 17:29 Mar16 2009 Post ID: 2574259
Metric Inchworm
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Everyone says Emerald's a terrible game, and an exact copy of RuSa with little changed. I just got it at Gamestop, and I think it's a heck of a lot better than Sapphire.

Upgrades over RuSa:
-Added pictures (added in FR/LG)
-Addition of National Dex in story (added in FR/LG)
-First game to ever feature "New" heroes in the same generation (Trend followed in Platinum)
-Addition of Battle Frontier (Battle tower added in Crystal)
-You get to battle both teams.
-Both legendaries can be obtained (Trend followed in Platinum)
-Third legend, formerly only obtainable until after beating the game, is available before beating the E4 (Trend followed in Platinum)
-Introduced the option of double battling when seen by two single battle trainers. (Followed in DPPt)
-New characters, like Scott. (Trend was followed in platinum with "Handsome".)
-Contests were of all ranks in only one city (Trend followed in DPPt.)
-You can also catch new pokemon like Smeargle and Sudowoodo. (Trend followed in Platinum with Tropius and Tangela)
-Cloning Glitch (Not an upgrade, but very nice.)

The only complaint I have is that you can't catch Zangoose.

« Last edited by Metric Inchworm on Mar 16th 2009 »

Platinum FC: 2278 3029 8129
Sig by Nic21, Av by Dani.
Previous Accounts: Power2themarshmallow, Honchkrow is Pwnage
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dx_hbk Posted at: 18:51 Mar16 2009 Post ID: 2574391
dx_hbk
Skeptic
Post Likes: 6
+
+
no one hates emerald people just dont play it any more because now people play dimond and pearl

^ That guy is GOD

"Lost somewhere between immensity and eternity is our tiny planetary home." ~ Carl Sagan

Forum Guest Posted at: 09:02 Sep24 2013 Post ID: 3275257
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
For me Emerald isn't completely bad. The story with Kyogre and Groudon and fighting and Rayquaza arriving in the nick of time to save the day is pretty awesome. But then the actual act of catching them is what's stuffed. Rayquaza can be caught before E4 but it's still level 70. Kyogre and Groudon can be caught after but at this point, all the atmosphere's gone and they turn up in some corner cave that nobody in Hoenn cares about. Not to mention, they both know one-hit ko moves which are seriously annoying when you have to toss 50 balls at them, hoping at every turn that those moves miss...

Emerald also has a poor league champ. Wallace is water. For me, that ruins the fire-water-grass balance. How come water's so special? It gets the 8th gym as well! Literally just starting with treeko is an advantage.

So emerald has some good points. But in trying to squeeze in an extra legendary and turn Wallace into some water poke-hero, emerald is a miss for me.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Forum Guest Posted at: 13:42 Oct25 2013 Post ID: 3284191
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I LOVE pokemon emerald!
Forum Guest Posted at: 11:15 Nov29 2013 Post ID: 3290603
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
pokemon emerald is actually really good!!!!!!Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Forum Guest Posted at: 02:24 Dec01 2013 Post ID: 3290954
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
pokemon emerald is awesome but rusa is too
ArceusOP Posted at: 03:52 Dec01 2013 Post ID: 3290961
ArceusOP
+
+
Pokemon emerald is very good no like creepy firered and leafgreen (I hate lawender town)
Forum Guest Posted at: 14:31 Jan12 2014 Post ID: 3298841
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
WHEN IT COMES TO CATCHING THE LEGENDARIES I SUGGEST U INPUT THE MASTER BALL CODEN IT HELPS A LOT INSTEAD OF HAVING TO USE A TON OF THE OTHER BALLS...TRY USING CODE BREAKER SUCH AS; INFINITE RARE CANDIES, UNLMTD MONEY,N THE MSTER BALL CODE..I USE IT N I PALYED THIS GAME WIYHOUT HAVING ANY TROUBLE!!! Smile believe IN BELIZE!! ONE LOV!!\

Forum Guest Posted at: 14:42 Jan13 2014 Post ID: 3299037
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I loved the game the only bad thing are the legendaries are too hard to catch so you should use the masterball cheat and the rare candies cheat it helps alot when your trying to complete the game faster
Forum Guest Posted at: 10:24 Jan15 2014 Post ID: 3299457
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Pokemon Emerald is Cool
I R A LIGIT POKEMON MASTA!!!!!!! Posted at: 16:09 Feb22 2014 Post ID: 3306346
I R A LIGIT POKEMON MASTA!!!!!!!
+
+
When I first found out about the rare candy and Master ball cheat codes I did this Dancing I was very excited! Any way I love Pokemon Emerald GBA! It is awsome! I don't care about the "Legendaries are hard to catch!" stuff even though I had a HORRIBLE time trying to catch Rayquaza on the Game Boy. This is because I HAVE SO MANY MASTER BALLS AND RARE CANDIES I HAVE NO SPACE LEFT!! Dancing YEAH! ... sorry, I got excited...
I give Pokemon Emerald (in all its forms) : Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
FYI:That is the equivalent to 5 stars. I love it!
Medabots1 Posted at: 14:00 Mar31 2014 Post ID: 3313623
Medabots1
Forum GuestMember
+
+
EMERALD IS THE BEST FOR ME MY 3 FAVORITE POKEMON ARE BLAZIKEN AGGRON AND RAYQUAZA
Medabots1 Posted at: 14:11 Mar31 2014 Post ID: 3313625
Medabots1
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Why is lavender town so creepyAnxious
Forum Guest Posted at: 11:50 Apr04 2014 Post ID: 3314376
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Ruby was my first game, and I loved it. I just bought Saphire and Emerald over Ebay and I already completed Saphire after three days. Still waiting on Emerald after two weeks.
Forum Guest Posted at: 16:35 Jul16 2014 Post ID: 3330239
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Pokemon emerald is the worst game ive ever played get everything done and try to use 1 cheat code the whole thing crashes **** it waste of time...
GokuGal345 Posted at: 17:55 Jul16 2014 Post ID: 3330252
GokuGal345
+
+
Emerald version is my favorite game to play, actually. I totally agree with you because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the old games! Why anyone hates this, I don't know, and they should just play a different game if they hate it so much. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Did you realize that all the people on here who said they didn't like it, said it because either the pokemon were too hard to catch or they finish the game even though they don't like it! I think emerald is awesome, because it kind of combines Ruby and Sapphire to make an awesome game that everyone should love! So guys, seriously, if you don't like emerald, don't play it.

BLIND PEOPLE KNOW HOW BROCK FEELS, POKEMON LOVERS KNOW HOW I FEEL WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THAT!!!
Warrior13 Posted at: 09:16 Jul20 2014 Post ID: 3330882
Warrior13
Jimo Dashen
Post Likes: 1,056
+
+
Emerald is a really good game. Just about every Pokemon Game is really good.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close