Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon FireRed

What other good pokemon are there to catch?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

lilvietkid Posted at: 14:03 Aug17 2010 Post ID: 2887005
lilvietkid
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hey guys, my team right now is:
Charizard - Level 41 - Metal claw, wing att, flamethrower, ember
Pikachu - Level 34 - Shock wave, thunderbolt, quick att, slam
Kadabra - Level 30 - Tele, confusion, disable, psybeam
Vaporeon - Level 25 - Helping hand, sand att, growl, quick att
Pidgey - Level 15 - Tackle, sand att, gust, quick att
Nidoran - Level 9 (Only used this pokemon for CUT)

I have just finished beating the 4th gym and I want to update my team to get better pokemon :D. Also, are there any TMs/HMs you think I should teach my pokemon? (I don't cheat except for Money hack so don't post codes please :s
Thanks
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
rate_me Posted at: 14:38 Aug17 2010 Post ID: 2887022
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
+
Surf is much more useful than Helping hand, Aurora Beam (or, preferably Ice Beam) over sand attack and Bite can be used over Growl. Shock Wave is redundant with Thunderbolt, so replace it with Light Screen to give the team support. Ember is useless if you have flamethrower on Charizard; try either rock slide from the move tutor in (I think) Mt. Moon, or perhaps Earthquake if you don't mind using it. Recover instead of Teleport (Teleport is kinda pointless once you get fly) on Kadabra, and Psychic instead of Confusion at level 36. Reflect could potentially work over Psybeam or Disable.

For new Pokemon, Dugtrio and/or Haunter/Gengar could provide you with good type coverage for the rest of the gyms.

Also: I didn't move this to team ratings forum because the team is incomplete and game-specific.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
lilvietkid Posted at: 07:26 Aug19 2010 Post ID: 2887922
lilvietkid
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Ok thanks for your help. I replaced my Vaporeon with a Lapras and I am on my way to Fuchisa City to get Surf. I've also taught my Lapras Water Pulse and Ice Beam. I was also going to edit my Pikachu's moveset by replacing Shockwave with Thunder but I STUPIDLY evolved it early to Raichu..I forgot that it learned Thunder later on so I have to get a TM for Thunder...Oh yeah, I changed Charizard's moveset by replacing Wing Att with Fly and Ember with Slash, was this a good thing to do?
rate_me Posted at: 08:56 Aug19 2010 Post ID: 2887960
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
+
lilvietkid said:Ok thanks for your help. I replaced my Vaporeon with a Lapras and I am on my way to Fuchisa City to get Surf. I've also taught my Lapras Water Pulse and Ice Beam. I was also going to edit my Pikachu's moveset by replacing Shockwave with Thunder but I STUPIDLY evolved it early to Raichu..I forgot that it learned Thunder later on so I have to get a TM for Thunder...Oh yeah, I changed Charizard's moveset by replacing Wing Att with Fly and Ember with Slash, was this a good thing to do?

The Charizard is perfectly fine in-game. Additionally, Thunder and Thunderbolt on Raichu is still redundant; perhaps Brick Break or Return over Thunder.
Lapras is a perfectly good and usable choice, but I do want to warn you that it will take neutral damage from Blaine's fire attacks and will be weak to Giovanni's rock and fighting attacks.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close