Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon FireRed

Attention All Cheaters-What Cheating Device Is Best For Pokemon for GBAsp?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
BBG_CREECAT Posted at: 20:05 Nov08 2004 Post ID: 19383
BBG_CREECAT
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I've never used a gameshark, action replay, or any others, therefore I figure I'd throw it out to the experts. Which of the many devices are best and why? Is there a certain version that's better? How difficult/easy it is to get codes or even to use? Where do you get codes? Is it ok to get a used one at Gamestop or wherever?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I really don't have any good info, so answering anything above will be great! I need to figure it out for my x-mas list.

Thanx in advance!
I got all the Pokemon a person could dream of, and still working on more. If you need to know the truth, seek it out here, as I am obsessed with answering all the questions I can as best I can. I can verify Event Pokemon, too! My collection keeps growing!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
xploder Posted at: 10:49 Nov13 2004 Post ID: 22423
xploder
Forum GuestMember
+
+
well i don't know but i'd say if you wanted one...action replay is better.
but really i'd say leave it... the can seriously mess ur game up.
333 - half evil
chek out my art site www.forumsvibe.com/fas
champ of games Posted at: 14:34 Nov13 2004 Post ID: 22537
champ of games
Forum GuestMember
+
+
gamesharks are best their the esiest to get cheats for an they even have codes to get mew
BBG_CREECAT Posted at: 04:57 Nov14 2004 Post ID: 23163
BBG_CREECAT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 13-Nov-2004 xploder said:well i don't know but i'd say if you wanted one...action replay is better.
but really i'd say leave it... the can seriously mess ur game up.
Does that mean you don't use them? I've heard it can screw up your memory files, etc., but I really just want to get a few shinys, and maybe duplicate some masterballs, maybe get Mew, and others you cannot get without a Nintendo event-especially since I'm still playing 1st and 2nd generation games and I won't be able to find Nintendo given pokemon or tickets, etc., but not to cheat on everything! (What's the point then, right?)
Why is Action Replay your choice? Can you use Action Replay on the older games, b/c if not, then I'd need a Gameshark for sure! Gotta work for R/B/Y and G/S/C! Or an old used one for those and AR for the newer ones if need be to do less damage to the newer games.
Thanks for answering!
I got all the Pokemon a person could dream of, and still working on more. If you need to know the truth, seek it out here, as I am obsessed with answering all the questions I can as best I can. I can verify Event Pokemon, too! My collection keeps growing!
BBG_CREECAT Posted at: 05:10 Nov14 2004 Post ID: 23169
BBG_CREECAT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 13-Nov-2004 champ of games said:gamesharks are best their the esiest to get cheats for an they even have codes to get mew
I've seen more GS codes for the older games, not really for AR, so that's important. I need them to work on older games (R/B/Y & G/S/C), so if there's no AR codes for them, that makes GS better overall, but can I get a used older one(earlier version)for the old games? And I want a MEW, dammit! But, I'm about to start a new Red game to see if any or all of those MEW cheats work(truck, youngster/Gambler) to get at least one! But MEWS are like Lay's potato chips-you can't have just one! I want a MEW army! I'll then take over the world!!(After kicking the crap outta all the terrorists, of course!)
Thanx for the answer, all help is appreciated!
Cross Stinger Posted at: 08:48 Nov14 2004 Post ID: 23202
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
Post Likes: 41
+
+
Oh, God....You're looking to cheat peripherals to get things done? You're looking at a very high failure rate, Creecat. I've had really bad experiences with them, even when I did use them correctly. Another little caveat is that using cheat peripherals will categorically void your warranty on the game.
actionshark Posted at: 19:46 Nov14 2004 Post ID: 23519
actionshark
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Get AR. Just don't use the berry code or walk thru walls code and you'll be fine, actully you can use them, just don't save. And always follow the code creater's rules...if you really want to know their not selling Gameshark anymore, it was to complicated and glitchy to use and Ar is by far the safest cheating code device. If you want a REALLY SAFE cheating code device get Codebreaker. But it barely has any codes at all and it's codes suck...

BBG_CREECAT Posted at: 02:00 Nov26 2004 Post ID: 32094
BBG_CREECAT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Nice Avatar there Cross Stinger-but OUCH! How the heck do you get the damn tickets to get to these Islands then? I have never seen a Nintendo event since I worked one of the first in NYC! That was like 10 years ago-Super Mario Bros era! I keep hearing the only way to get this stuff is by cheating. There will NEVER be another event for the older games-and why should I suffer b/c Nintendo will only give you an "official Mew" if you go to an event they'll NEVER have again? Same for the other games! I don't know how I'll even get an Aurora ticket at this rate! Fly to Seattle, New York, Japan? This is why I want to cheat because they're not fair to the players, not because I'm too lazy to do the work or good enough to do it myself! Other games don't pull crap like that! I'm not the type to cheat normally, but it's frustrating!! What do you do? Just forget about the stuff you can't get? I'm seriously asking, because it seems one must cheat to really complete the games so how do you do it?

Thank you for the honest response though. I do respect your opinion, as it was my initial response when my boyfriend said he'd get me one-why cheat? Doesn't that defeat the point? But then the more I learned, the more aggravating it got to discover these things, then I started thinking about it....I guess I can live without ever catching a Deoxys, but why is it there then?!? Just seems like bull to me...and greedy on their part, as well.

Well, let me know if what you think if you get back here. Thanks.

BTW- I could give a flying @%$# about the game warranty. Why would I care? I'll return it anyway-watch me! I can return ANYTHING!!! (At Least for store credit-get another one)That's just silly to worry about-LOL. Warranties-I've been THE Customer Service DEPARTMENT for a major computer company(they didn't like to hire people-I was the whole department and worked to death!)and know that stuff inside and out...Walmart and Publix shudder when I come their way, I am the TERMINATOR of businesses and have gotten many people fired when they CROSS me(LOL)! Warranties are all BS anyway.......especially those Extended ones-HAHAHA-people actually buy them!
BBG_CREECAT Posted at: 02:39 Nov26 2004 Post ID: 32095
BBG_CREECAT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hey AS-sorry it's been a while. Life's been rough on this end of the US for me lately. Plus, I nursed my b/f back to health only to get sick myself just in time for Thanksgiving-hurray! ACHOO! Sorry...
Anyway, so I guess that's why it's hard to find gameshark codes now or seems to be, anyway. I see none for FR/LG really. But AR codes seem more ample. I dunno what version to get if I do or where you get codes from that much, but I've been seeing people say only AR 3.0 works for these games...
Has it screwed up your games at all? I doubt I'd be doing that much with it anyway, but I will want to check stuff out some. Don't save anything too crazy makes sense, though. I just want to do some basic stuff that they make nearly impossible to do.
Thank you for your help and opinions. I'm still doing research though, especially after reading Cross Stinger's response, which took me by surprise, that's for sure! How hard can it be to work? I've built computers and fix all kinds of stuff, but I don't want my game to tweak out on me! If I still lived in NYC(Nintendo HQ is there) this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm in retirement country down here in South FL!!! I only know 1 or 2 other people who played Pokemon at all, ever, except for people on these boards. Oh well...hope to be back more soon. No car, no computer, and being sick sucks!!!! I'll probably be back in a few days. Hope the fan club is going well-haven't had time lately to check spamfest! I miss SC!! C u soon!
Cross Stinger Posted at: 15:37 Nov26 2004 Post ID: 32401
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
+
+
On 26-Nov-2004 BBG_CREECAT said:Nice Avatar there Cross Stinger-but OUCH! How the heck do you get the damn tickets to get to these Islands then? I have never seen a Nintendo event since I worked one of the first in NYC! That was like 10 years ago-Super Mario Bros era! I keep hearing the only way to get this stuff is by cheating. There will NEVER be another event for the older games-and why should I suffer b/c Nintendo will only give you an "official Mew" if you go to an event they'll NEVER have again? Same for the other games! I don't know how I'll even get an Aurora ticket at this rate! Fly to Seattle, New York, Japan? This is why I want to cheat because they're not fair to the players, not because I'm too lazy to do the work or good enough to do it myself! Other games don't pull crap like that! I'm not the type to cheat normally, but it's frustrating!! What do you do? Just forget about the stuff you can't get? I'm seriously asking, because it seems one must cheat to really complete the games so how do you do it?

Thank you for the honest response though. I do respect your opinion, as it was my initial response when my boyfriend said he'd get me one-why cheat? Doesn't that defeat the point? But then the more I learned, the more aggravating it got to discover these things, then I started thinking about it....I guess I can live without ever catching a Deoxys, but why is it there then?!? Just seems like bull to me...and greedy on their part, as well.

Well, let me know if what you think if you get back here. Thanks.

BTW- I could give a flying @%$# about the game warranty. Why would I care? I'll return it anyway-watch me! I can return ANYTHING!!! (At Least for store credit-get another one)That's just silly to worry about-LOL. Warranties-I've been THE Customer Service DEPARTMENT for a major computer company(they didn't like to hire people-I was the whole department and worked to death!)and know that stuff inside and out...Walmart and Publix shudder when I come their way, I am the TERMINATOR of businesses and have gotten many people fired when they CROSS me(LOL)! Warranties are all BS anyway.......especially those Extended ones-HAHAHA-people actually buy them!
First off, tickets acquired through cheat peripherals ARE NOT VALID! THEY DO NOT WORK! Tickets can be circulated in Nintendo Power, anyway. And when the game is returned it can't show any signs of tampering, and any cartridge that's been wracked by a peripheral is the opposite. And for the record, it is possible to clear the main objectives of the game without peripherals, which would actually PREVENT you from doing certain things (the use of Gameshark to acquire all of the badges in Gold and Silver prevented you from using the Magnet Train, for example).
BBG_CREECAT Posted at: 22:11 Dec06 2004 Post ID: 37561
BBG_CREECAT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
OK,OK-Sorry I took so long, but been sick & w/o a computer for weeks, but then why are people saying that they have worked? Just random lying? There's plenty of codes out there-and you say none work? Why all the lying, and how did anyone that didn't get to Nintendo Rocks America get one? I've only seen 1 person post they made it there on this site and got an Aurora Ticket the Official way, but others say the codes have worked. What's up with this?

I'm not trying to be an jerk, but this is a CHEAT site, so why so much guff about using cheats??? I would never use a peripheral to get any/all my badges, beat main objectives, etc., anyway. I would, however, use it to get something I cannot take the time to travel half way across the country to get, and don't think that's wrong to get CERTAIN THINGS done, but not the whole game obviously! Plus, I'm playing old games that there will be no events for-ever again. So, I'm just out of luck following your advice. (If I did use for Silver, why would I use it to get all badges anyway? Why play the game, then?)I know you can complete the main objectives without cheating, but that's NOT what I want it for, anyway. When Nintendo makes it possible for ME and the average person to get the tickets and stuff like that, then I will no longer need a cheat, will I?
And I REALLY don't care about warranties-6+ games for less then $70 bucks(about $10 each!) so I'm just gonna go buy another one if it gets messed up anyway. Only LG is new in my collection (and the FR I help a friend play, but that's his)anyway. Used games just go back to GameStop if they don't work for a swap!
Aren't you from NJ? Where'd you learn about life, on TV? LOL-I'm kidding, really. I do appreciate your opinion, I just can't seem to sort out the truth about these damn tickets and it's making me mad!! Oh well, thanks again.

OH, but you live so close to NY, you can go to the HQ! Of course it wouldn't be a hassle for you! I'd send it to relatives if I could to bring it there!!(No one would get it, too old)I'm sure you can just hop a train to get whatever. Wishing I still lived up North-oh wait, it's 75 degrees here and 11 at nite in December, never mind!
Cross Stinger Posted at: 08:26 Dec07 2004 Post ID: 37592
Cross Stinger
Terrible Treecko
+
+
Yes, I'm from the Atlantic City area, where teens are common and peripherals are in demand.
BBG_CREECAT Posted at: 00:10 Dec08 2004 Post ID: 37859
BBG_CREECAT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Sorry if you got the impression I was impling you don't know what you're talking about, cuz I wasn't, I'm just frustrated with this whole thing. I guess I'll have to get a used one or borrow one and use it on a $10 game that I can replace if I screw it up until I figure this out. But, since I do see you give good advice, I will heed your warnings and not expect much but trouble and not get upset when I crash the game or lose something important. Not the highest thing on my priority list anymore after thinking about it. I can wait for the new game stuff, and deal with the older stuff using other methods, until I get bored with it at least-LOL.
Well, I was from that area of the country-a bit further North-but not anymore. The people seem, uh, slower down south, but there's a bunch of old NYers, NJans, etc., so it's not so bad (except the pizza & bread)sometimes. Forget driving though!
Well, if I was you I'd head my self over to Pokemon Center NY-10 Rockefeller Plaza! I'd think that'd be a place to get answers, etc.! Been there yet? If so, please do tell...
Here's more info if you're curious or anyone else in the area is
Phone# 212-307-0900 or www.pokemoncenter.com
Thank you for bothering to reply under the circumstances. At least there's some cool people left in Jersey! Peace out!
irishboy Posted at: 07:31 Dec11 2004 Post ID: 39182
irishboy
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 08-Nov-2004 BBG_CREECAT said:I've never used a gameshark, action replay, or any others, therefore I figure I'd throw it out to the experts. Which of the many devices are best and why? Is there a certain version that's better? How difficult/easy it is to get codes or even to use? Where do you get codes? Is it ok to get a used one at Gamestop or wherever?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I really don't have any good info, so answering anything above will be great! I need to figure it out for my x-mas list.

Thanx in advance!
i think action replay cause there is more codes and it is way easier than a games shark cause i have both devices so there ar is better
irishboy is the bomb if you dont care fine lol im nice wanna chat just ask !!!!im nice and i know every thing about L/g AND F/R
irishboy Posted at: 07:33 Dec11 2004 Post ID: 39183
irishboy
Forum GuestMember
+
+
ok ar is better they have mew codes rayquazza and it doesnt screw up ur game at all gamesharks do!!�?elive me
irishboy is the bomb if you dont care fine lol im nice wanna chat just ask !!!!im nice and i know every thing about L/g AND F/R
irishboy Posted at: 07:34 Dec11 2004 Post ID: 39184
irishboy
Forum GuestMember
+
+
no there is a gameshark for GB .and that is fine but for FR/AND LG use AR!
irishboy Posted at: 07:37 Dec11 2004 Post ID: 39188
irishboy
Forum GuestMember
+
+
to find GS codes goto gameshark.com for AR codes goto codejunkies.com
BBG_CREECAT Posted at: 23:53 Dec18 2004 Post ID: 42151
BBG_CREECAT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Hi Irishboy!
Thank you for all the good info. I just got your mail and wrote back earlier today, and you answered alot of my questions here. Sorry!! Well, there's still a few questions left-LOL. This was great info, thanx again for your input. I've heard that gamesharks are bad elsewhere, as well, and your answer is another confirmation of that. I'll stick to AR if I use anything. I only want to do a few things that I can't do now-like catching a rare or shiny pokemon.

P.S. What, no avatar? It's easy to do and only takes a short time to upload!
TEAM KA LEADER Posted at: 01:38 Dec19 2004 Post ID: 42155
TEAM KA LEADER
Forum GuestMember
+
+
AR is better... by far way more codes way more fun although to many cheats on any of them can cos major problems just ask the poor people who have had these
[b][color=red]ALL NEED FOR SPEED CARBON LOVERS, MUST CHECK OUT MY SITE!
www.nfscarboncontenders.t83.net Forums coming soon! If your interested in helping with the forums, e-mail me, or talk to me... or something...
BBG_CREECAT Posted at: 03:51 Dec19 2004 Post ID: 42161
BBG_CREECAT
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I think I see that! Actually, I just got a used game(Silver) and was checking out the old game that was stored in it-it was at the beginning, right after you choose your starter, which I thought was weird, and I looked in the items and there are infinite Rare Candy it seems, and-here's the bad part-what looked like a huge number of MasterBalls. But, they were listed in the Key Items section, NOT the section for PokeBalls, and they keep changing names depending on where I looked at my bag. I soon realized that I couldn't get to anything in that section, except the 1st item listed, and if I stored the first item, the MasterBalls would disappear, etc., but I couldn't select anything except the 1st item, and DEFINITELY couldn't pick the Masterballs! I think this was b/c they were put into the wrong place in the bag, and it messed up the game. Plus, there are like 7 ?'s listed in the Items section-they have amt=0 and seem to do nothing if given to a Pokemon. It's weird! I guess it's not permanent or anything, but it is a cautionary tale on what not to do with AR-LOL.
Thanks for the advice-it's much appreciated.
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close