Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Gold

Strange Viridian City Battle

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

DigDug Dude Posted at: 12:12 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 270170
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I had this creepy battle a while back while an elder was at my house. I posted it in the hints (accidently) but it couldn't be discussed there so I thought I'd put it here and then disscuss it.

I came across a very strange glitch a few days ago. I had gone to the Viridian Trainer Hall and the lady said that I would be battling BUDDY. This is what she should've said. However, when the battle started it wasn't so. It said I would be battling Pokemon Trainer Thomas. I have no clue why. It also made his Pokemon seem like they had fainted before I battled him (you know, the orange pokeballs with X's on them). Interested, I started the battle. The first thing he sent out was something called ?????. It had lots of health, looked like a purple/blue Pokemon trainer, was a male, and was poisoned so I couldn't see what level it was. I went to "fight" and selected flamethrower. The screen froze and I couldn't even restart by pressing A+B+start+ select. I then restarted the game and tried again.

Thomas and his Pokemon (if it is one) were still there. This time I tried to switch to my Golbat but after I selected it the game had "Waiting..." in a box like the one in a link battle if your opponent has not made his move. It didn't go away, so I resarted. This next time I decided to use an item so that ????? would have to attack. But it said "Items can't be used here" another link battle occurance. Then I selected "run" and to my surprise it did the waiting box again instead of saying..."No! There's no running from a trainer battle." The battle music was still playing, though. Then I remembered doing Mystery Gift with BUDDY. and went to the Trainer Hall in that game. The battle was completely normal except when I beat Craig's Jolteon, Odd, my level 255 Vileplume (a Gameshark accident) grew down to level 48, like it was before the mess up. I won the battle and got $2900.

This time I got creative. I changed my Poliwhirl's name to ????? and used only him in the battle. Nothing changed. I selected fight and the screen froze, making this high-pitched beeping noise. The time after that I put my Pidgeot first and selected fight. Now the game automaticly resarted and all colors were a redish shade. Now I put my Furret first and selected fight. Again the game auto resarted with all colors a brownish shade.

This time I put Pikachu first and selected fight. The screen froze making a high-pitched beep again. I then put Dratini first and selected fight. Once more the game auto resarted and all colors were pale yellow, blue, or white. Then I had to stop because I wanted to sleep. I did, of course, so I had no further expiramenting.

I did Mystery Gift again with BUDDY. and he had a level 255 Voltorb (another Gameshark accident). The same things happened in the Trainer Hall, giving me this idea of what happened: A level 255 Pokemon, and all Pokemon above level 100, will show up as a messed up Pokemon in the Hall. Can someone please test my theory? Also what does the Unknown stone do?

This is copy/pasted from the hints of G/S. Written, of course, by me.
Romney '08!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
spideraman99 Posted at: 19:32 Jul19 2005 Post ID: 271202
spideraman99
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Interesting...but cool. This kinda stuff happens to me in link battles sometimes.

props to pokemonruler for the sweet sig and avatar
DigDug Dude Posted at: 11:31 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 272276
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
A lot of that stuff happens only in link battles. What about Thomas, the items, and all the other weird stuff?
Romney '08!
spideraman99 Posted at: 16:51 Jul20 2005 Post ID: 273362
spideraman99
+
+
I don't know. I usually end up battling level 150 something Granbulls, Starmies, and others I don't remember.

DigDug Dude Posted at: 09:23 Jul21 2005 Post ID: 274587
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 20-Jul-2005 spideraman99 said:I don't know. I usually end up battling level 150 something Granbulls, Starmies, and others I don't remember.
Do you mean you fight those if you put a 101+ pokemon in the opponet's lineup and then battle it then?
Romney '08!
spideraman99 Posted at: 22:43 Jul21 2005 Post ID: 276350
spideraman99
+
+
No, I fight my bro's normal Pokemon via link cable and then the screen blacks out and I fight those.

DigDug Dude Posted at: 14:56 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 278119
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
That happens with my friend's link cable and I get the same results. But that's only because my friend threw it accross my yard and into our tree. But waht about a strange Viridian City battle?
Romney '08!
spideraman99 Posted at: 16:13 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 278425
spideraman99
+
+
That never happened to me.

can u dig dat Posted at: 18:32 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 278854
can u dig dat
Forum GuestMember
+
+
That has happened to me.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 10:45 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 280031
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
So can you describe that a little better? I'd be able to "dig dat".
Romney '08!
johnnyboy Posted at: 19:17 Jul28 2005 Post ID: 296161
johnnyboy
Forum GuestMember
+
+
hmm that is REALLY wierd! I have NO idea what happend! Sorry i couldnt help cuz nothing like that has ever happend to me! That is soo wierd!
join team Heghog, team advice and Team Royal Kingdom!Friends: Gig, Acid, Ozzo, SDW4 FINALIGHT, doc, TPM! #1 GREEN DAY FAN! Need advice? Wherever it is, we can help! Come to team advice! AIM:jesusuvsuburbia mod for general gameboy and gba!will do my best!
DigDug Dude Posted at: 17:35 Jul31 2005 Post ID: 305261
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Can anybody test this?
Romney '08!
can u dig dat Posted at: 01:25 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 311636
can u dig dat
Forum GuestMember
+
+
What do you mean?
spideraman99 Posted at: 10:33 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 312066
spideraman99
+
+
He means test the viridian battle thing, I think.

Rayquaza2233 Posted at: 14:02 Aug03 2005 Post ID: 312757
Rayquaza2233
Forum GuestMember
+
+
whoa is this real?
What's there to say? My site's closed.
DigDug Dude Posted at: 08:58 Aug04 2005 Post ID: 314640
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 03-Aug-2005 can u dig dat said:What do you mean?
I mean to take a level 101+ pokemon and do Mystery Gift and see what happens in the Trainer Hall when you battle it.
Romney '08!
DigDug Dude Posted at: 14:27 Oct18 2005 Post ID: 475174
DigDug Dude
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 03-Aug-2005 Rayquaza2233 said:whoa is this real?
Yes it is. I guarentee it happened to me.
Romney '08!
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close