Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Heart Gold

Training tips?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
sphynxx Posted at: 22:37 Apr05 2010 Post ID: 2824988
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
Not sure if this has been covered before, so forgive me.

I'm currently training in the large patch of grass just before the entrance to the Safari Zone.

I don't have the patience to EV train, nor do I actually care much about it. That takes the fun out of the game for me.

My team consists of; (& this isn't going to be my final team - It's mostly Pokemon (except for Typhlosion) that I haven't used before)

Nidoking - Lvl 45
Noctowl - lvl 45
Typhlosion - lvl 45
Ampharos - lvl 45
Gyarados (lake of rage) - lvl 45
Larvitar (caught in Safari Zone) - lvl 17 at present training to lvl 45.

As I've said in the 'progress' thread - I set myself target levels to acheive before taking on Gyms & Elite Four.

Atm, I'm targeting level 45 (obviously) before taking on the 7th Gym. 50 before the 8th Gym, 55 (probably 60, depending on how I'm feeling) for the Elite Four. so I'm wondering which is the best place to train. I've chosen the grass area before Safari Zone because so far, its the best place to train I've found. With level varying between 20 (Tauros, Diglett etc) & 25 for Farfetch'd. With Tauros giving off 600XP for level 20 & 700+ for the level 24s I occasionally find.

As I've said, I don't care about EV training or any of that rubbish, just looking for a decent place to train for leveling up before I take on the 8th Gym.

I'm happy with my spot for the moment, but I want to find somewhere else to training thats possibly closer to the 8th Gym.

Any help?

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
HYPA Posted at: 01:56 Apr06 2010 Post ID: 2825020
HYPA
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Well, the route directly below the eigth gym has a level 22+ gravellers. The second floor of Union cave also has some stronger wild pokemon to use.
Black
Name: Chris
FC: 3138-8446-5805
UselessJuiceBox Posted at: 08:00 Apr06 2010 Post ID: 2825061
UselessJuiceBox
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I've been training in the patch of grass just after the 7th gym. You surf across the water to the grass in the middle. There are some Weepinbell, Tangela, and Belssprout (think I'm missing some :S). But I think they give off less EXP than where you're training now.

But that's where I trained my team up to 50-55

Zephyr Click for badass technobeats
InvertAlpha Posted at: 23:18 Apr06 2010 Post ID: 2825486
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
+
How did you manage to get to 45's around THAT part of the game... I was around 44-48 when I beat the league.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
sphynxx Posted at: 00:37 Apr07 2010 Post ID: 2825504
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
InvertAlpha said:How did you manage to get to 45's around THAT part of the game... I was around 44-48 when I beat the league.

I was waiting for someone to ask me that.

Just finding good training spots really. Just off Cianwood City there are a ton of Tentacruel, which give 400-700xp so I trained there for a while. I ended up going back there to train & got the call from Boaba that the Safari Zone was open, so went there & found the spot I'm at now.

It's taken a little patience to get to lvl45. Plus training Larvitar is proving more tiresome than I thought but I want to get it to lvl 45 before I take on the next gym, then put a pokemon into a box, get my HMslave then go to the next gym & box my slave & train my 6 pokemon again.

There are too many 200xp pokemon where I'm at atm, finding Tauros isn't always guarantee'd, so that's why I asked about anyone elses training areas.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
InvertAlpha Posted at: 17:10 Apr07 2010 Post ID: 2825911
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Well I really don't have that strong of patience to say...I was trying to stay at the same pace with my friend.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Forum Guest Posted at: 10:01 Jul16 2012 Post ID: 3129918
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
good work but you still need to go to kanto good luckThumbs Up
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Forum Guest Posted at: 05:35 Aug01 2012 Post ID: 3134464
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Shame youcan do better
pokemon12126299 Posted at: 12:25 Aug05 2012 Post ID: 3136438
pokemon12126299
+
+
try using lucky eggs
Pokemon12126299 [/size] [/color] [/color]
Forum Guest Posted at: 13:21 Aug05 2012 Post ID: 3136450
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
why all Pokemon at lv 45
Doctor Silent Posted at: 15:01 Aug05 2012 Post ID: 3136477
Doctor Silent
Post Likes: 7
+
+
I beat the Elite Four with a bunch of level 40 pokemon. Well, they were all level 40 going in. Gengar came out at level 44, the rest had gone up one or two levels.
Forum Guest Posted at: 08:15 Sep23 2012 Post ID: 3152282
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Get the TYPHLOSION 10 levels above the other ones, then keep training them until he cant train. You should be invinsible.Smile Exept agianst me and my brother. THE BEST TRAINERS!Evil
Forum Guest Posted at: 00:20 Nov23 2012 Post ID: 3174968
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I'd say the best spot is victory road. By the way the elite four are no very strong. Just make sure to fully heal your pokemon before you continue to the next person/elitefour. Watch out for Lance(Champion) He has 3 dragonite. One with super powerful Outrage, another with ice type moves and another with lightning type moves. Good Luck!
swampert4evr Posted at: 23:01 Dec21 2012 Post ID: 3186865
swampert4evr
+
+
Well if you haven't beaten the Elite 4 yet, the best places I could recommend are vicory Rd pokemon and any trainer you can call up for a rematch. The rematch trainers are available around certain times of the day on different days. I don't see why you'd want or need to have Lv.55-60 pokemon for the Elite 4. If anything, that would take the fun out of it more than EV training. In fact, any time you defeat a pokemon, wild or not, your pokemon gain some EVs. Anyways, as long as you don't overdo it during the before Elite 4 period, it's really beneficial and fun with it too. If you don't want EVs in your pokemon, then ride on your bike up and down Goldenrod City wile pokemon are in the Day Care, or stock up on rare candies.
Please note that this was by no means meant to be offensive in any way
SmileSmileSmile
Forum Guest Posted at: 15:47 Feb19 2013 Post ID: 3217360
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I'm also tiring to beat the champion tooSmile. I beat him once, but my DSlite froze during the credits:(. Stupid DSlite!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forum Guest Posted at: 18:30 Feb28 2013 Post ID: 3220521
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
well, you should go to different places that you can get suer effective moves. or just watch walkthroughs of people.
Forum Guest Posted at: 05:30 Apr14 2013 Post ID: 3235238
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Evil I'm trying to train a yanma, and it really is quite hard.
Forum Guest Posted at: 19:22 May30 2013 Post ID: 3249777
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
If you have a pokemon that can evolve when trading.do you not want to trade it.you can do it by these instructions.

1.diposit a pokemon that can evolve while trading(some might need items then trade).
2.find a pokemon trade in seek pokemon.
3.trade it if you have the offer.
4. When you did that go back to your deposited pokemon.
5.take it back.
6.If you did it correctly you got it evolve!

Hope this help you to complete your pokedex Smile
Forum Guest Posted at: 13:29 Jun15 2013 Post ID: 3252986
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
What's seek Pokemon
Forum Guest Posted at: 12:36 Jul26 2013 Post ID: 3262216
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I am currently in training to lvl.70.2 of them are 70-79(luiga & ho-oh),1 lvl 80+(typhlosion),and the rest are lvl 50-59.I've beat the champion once,and I want to beat Lance again.I have no specific training area so please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pray
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close