Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Heart Gold

how to catch a shiny in pokemon Heart gold

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Ryhust123 Posted at: 18:49 Sep09 2011 Post ID: 3060890
Ryhust123
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I am only 8 but the only way i have seen a shiny is by trading or catching the red garadosAnxious
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 11:16 Sep10 2011 Post ID: 3061045
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
+
That's because catching shinies is incredibly difficult. I can't remember if it was HG/SS or B/W, but one of them had an improved chance of catching shinies.

http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml

I believe that page should educate you further on them. Generally, you have a 1 in 8,000 chance of catching a shiny. You've only seen them in those two occasions because;

1) You got it through trade - Someone else either made that Pokemon through Action Replay, or found it themselves through pure luck. You're working off of either their cheating nature or luck.

2) The red Gyarados is a given - I think it's really the only shiny Pokemon you'll be given through a small adventure in these games. Aside from that Pokemon, the game is stingy when it comes to shinies.

If you want to CATCH a shiny of your own, you're going to have to run around in the grass patches for a few hours/days/months/etc. It all depends on how unlucky you are.

NOTE: I'm an idiot when it comes to Pokemon. There's a good chance that everything I said was a complete load of BS.

Also, I hate that you got banned, but we can't allow any active users on our site that are under the age of 13. I'm sure since you came to us for help, you'll read the thread, though.
Glitters the Magical Pony Posted at: 14:55 Sep10 2011 Post ID: 3061065
Glitters the Magical Pony
Wishes Excadrill wasn't Uber
Post Likes: 8
+
+
You beat me to it Derek :(
Anyway, everything you just said is 100% correct. The Red Gyrados is the only Pokemon that can be caught shiny every time. It is an extremely rare chance of catching shinies. And yea, most people cheat for their shinies.

^Thank you Z^

Blazblue said:Kokonoe: Any normal player starts crappin' bricks the moment they see you.
Arakune: Ahahaha. Well they toned me down this go-around. I can only manage 9000 damage in a 160-hit combo!

9000 damage equals to 9/10th's of your healthbar. Toned down? o_0
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close