Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Pearl

Regigigas

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Fwank Posted at: 01:50 Feb19 2007 Post ID: 1380600
Fwank
Post Likes: 4
+
+
do you know wat EV's are?

and no, pokemon knowing moves it shouldn't is plain broken, swellow is already borderline broken with CB and facade, STAB + CB + status = zomfg how did swellow pwn shuckle, if it knew aeroblast it duzn't even need CB, focus energy and start yelling "run forest run"

oh? pray tell, what moveset are you on about? (and since it's cheated, no one's gona copy it n e wai, if you're one of those touchy ppl about movesets...)

*edit: bit dismisal on the "broken" comment there... but then if you think about it, some pokes can't learn some moves for a fairly decent reason, like how hustlers can't use too much unavoidable moves, or like how shuckle can't learn counter/mirrorcoat

« Last edited by Fwank on Feb 19th 2007 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Mummification Posted at: 09:23 Feb21 2007 Post ID: 1385766
Mummification
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I think that Regigigas looks pretty cool. But he looks more like a Grass type than a normal one.
Futuristic_Fate Posted at: 13:09 Feb21 2007 Post ID: 1386242
Futuristic_Fate
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 21-Feb-2007 Mummification said:I think that Regigigas looks pretty cool. But he looks more like a Grass type than a normal one.
He does look like he would be the grass type with the other 3 being steel rock and ice.

Made it myself
Chaos™ Posted at: 14:11 Feb21 2007 Post ID: 1386426
Chaos™
+
+
Regigigas does look like a grass pokemon, but Im mad at his ability, hopefully I can come up with a way how to put that ability to good use.
[center]
Mummification Posted at: 18:35 Feb21 2007 Post ID: 1387431
Mummification
+
+
I really dont think that CAN be put to good use. Why in the hell would they make an ability that hurts the Pokemon?
Fwank Posted at: 10:01 Feb22 2007 Post ID: 1388206
Fwank
+
+
like previously mentioned (hopefully, not sure if it's here or diamond) the ability is there to keep the monster in check; its stats are too unbalanced otherwise... same story with slaking

fortunately it's only speed and attack, hp/def/sdef are all unaffected, which makes it crazy, and the ability also encourages double battles... those skill swap moves they've come up with XD gona get abused hard
nyeem78 Posted at: 13:30 Feb22 2007 Post ID: 1388682
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
He's grounded to me, regardless of his ability. We still don't know if that is correct because none of us have the American version.

I am still playing my Japanese version and haven't caught my Regi King yet, so I probably might check into catching him to see what his ability really is.
Trainer: NIKO
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Chaos™ Posted at: 14:54 Feb22 2007 Post ID: 1388989
Chaos™
+
+
I know I can figure a way on puting such a ability like that for RegiGig. to good use, but its gonna require some time for me to think of it, because all abilities are set in stone for a reason...
[center]
Fwank Posted at: 09:32 Feb23 2007 Post ID: 1390784
Fwank
+
+
erm, not to discredit YOU or anything, but since i'm being dissed here i'm going to have to agree by saying: "as i've said countless times before, it's there for a reason; balance"

truant gives makes you move every 2 rounds, there wasn't really a point other than slowing the monster down, it would've been better off with any other ability, even useless (in battle) ones such stench/illuminate/run away

study gigas's moveset, i can't find anything that "benefits" perse from a lower attack or speed...

i've theorised that switching gigas in during trick room would result in gigas moving first for as long as trick room is still in effect (and his own ability stil in effect, as half of his speed is well below the average speed, but there are alot more pokes who are slower still)

where as the halved attack... honestly, other than the fact that if a swagger or confuse ray hits gigas, it won't damage itself as much as it would've had it had its full monsterous attack strength, which would end in its demise rather quickly... but that is just an external effect, the side effect of having low attack, not literali any real synergy

most of this monster's moves are attacks, there doesn't seem to be much synergy...

hmmm but i do encourage you to keep studying the bulky thing, maybe you'll find something even i cannot? honestli, i onli just skimmed thru its list of moves...

(i KNOW this thing is a monster in double battles though, just not single)
Chaos™ Posted at: 16:32 Feb23 2007 Post ID: 1391657
Chaos™
+
+
On 23-Feb-2007 Fwank said:erm, not to discredit YOU or anything, but since i'm being dissed here i'm going to have to agree by saying: "as i've said countless times before, it's there for a reason; balance"

truant gives makes you move every 2 rounds, there wasn't really a point other than slowing the monster down, it would've been better off with any other ability, even useless (in battle) ones such stench/illuminate/run away

study gigas's moveset, i can't find anything that "benefits" perse from a lower attack or speed...

i've theorised that switching gigas in during trick room would result in gigas moving first for as long as trick room is still in effect (and his own ability stil in effect, as half of his speed is well below the average speed, but there are alot more pokes who are slower still)

where as the halved attack... honestly, other than the fact that if a swagger or confuse ray hits gigas, it won't damage itself as much as it would've had it had its full monsterous attack strength, which would end in its demise rather quickly... but that is just an external effect, the side effect of having low attack, not literali any real synergy

most of this monster's moves are attacks, there doesn't seem to be much synergy...

hmmm but i do encourage you to keep studying the bulky thing, maybe you'll find something even i cannot? honestli, i onli just skimmed thru its list of moves...

(i KNOW this thing is a monster in double battles though, just not single)
I read wut u sed before, and I was agreeing with the whole "All abilities are there for a reason" and I know this pokemon can be a beast in double battles, but I wanted to think of a move set that will benefit him in single battles.
[center]
Fwank Posted at: 23:40 Feb23 2007 Post ID: 1393212
Fwank
+
+
as long as it doesn't have splash, any moveset can be "beneficial"

however, if you were attemping to neutralise the balance granted through his ability, i doubt there is a way to do that, much less take advantage of its ability (trick room thing is closest possible i can see)
steelersrock01 Posted at: 07:22 Feb25 2007 Post ID: 1397139
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
+
Rigigas is gonna look cool
nyeem78 Posted at: 10:23 Feb25 2007 Post ID: 1397534
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
I think the concept of trading over your Regis to unlock Regigigas legendary in game is cool.

They need to find other inventive ways to use legendary pokemon from old generations to obtain new legendaries instead of these Nintendo events that majority of pokemon players can't attend.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Chaos™ Posted at: 10:46 Feb25 2007 Post ID: 1397638
Chaos™
+
+
That new way of geting a pokemon is awesome. (The 3 regi's to get regigig.)
[center]
zaff Posted at: 14:56 Feb25 2007 Post ID: 1398722
zaff
+
+
i thought he would be like, a mixture of 3 elements, either

steel, rock and ice, or fire, water and grass, or something like that
nyeem78 Posted at: 14:35 Feb26 2007 Post ID: 1401088
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
Well I think making him Nomral was good. Although I do think that him being a mixture of the three elements would of made him super cool.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

Mummification Posted at: 05:43 Feb27 2007 Post ID: 1402247
Mummification
+
+
I agree that having to transfer the original Regi's to unlock Regigigas is awesome. and as for his type, normal is ok, but I think they should have chosen one that isnt very vulnerable.
nyeem78 Posted at: 07:23 Feb27 2007 Post ID: 1402278
nyeem78
Victini Dream World
+
+
On 27-Feb-2007 Mummification said:I agree that having to transfer the original Regi's to unlock Regigigas is awesome. and as for his type, normal is ok, but I think they should have chosen one that isnt very vulnerable.
Well its only vunerable to fighting moves.
Pokemon B/W Friend Code:
3783-4062-8709

koolstr Posted at: 13:12 Mar05 2007 Post ID: 1413779
koolstr
+
+
That's why it's 'normal'. We're ALL vlnerable to fighitng moves lol. ;P
[center]Goodbye, SC...

The person he reminds you of must be a failure of epic proportions in order for there to be any similarity whatsoever.[i] -Pandaemonium
king26 Posted at: 14:39 Mar05 2007 Post ID: 1413963
king26
+
+
I dont like regigigas he isnt that great of a pokemon nd i dont like his moves, my opinion.

sig made at THE SHOP!
Displaying Page 3 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close