Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Platinum

Gyms and Elite 4

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Sanzano Posted at: 09:27 Mar24 2009 Post ID: 2580492
Sanzano
Post Likes: 76
+
+
If any of you Pokemon wizards know cheat, tips or hints to get through this game I'd appreciate it as I'd like to submit them to the 'Cheats' section on SuperCheats and help everyone who is struggling with the game. I'm particularly interested in hints and tips on how to beat the gyms and the Elite 4. Thanks

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
poke.addicted Posted at: 15:01 Mar24 2009 Post ID: 2580669
poke.addicted
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Dennis, its rather the same as Diamond and Pearl, except there are a few notable differences. The Gyms (in order of Gameplay) is the following:

Number - Type - Leader
1 Rock Roark start with Chimchar, evolve into Monferno Lv 14
2 Grass Gardenia Chimchar starter, now Lv 26 Monferno
3 Ghost Fantina Catch Rotom at the Old Chateau. Be level 28
4 Fighting Maylene Infernape Lv 36 (depending on how hard you train) - Alakazam/Kadabra Lv 34 - Staraptor Lv 36
5 Water Wake Rotom Lv 38 - Pachirisu Lv 37 - Shinx capture, evolve into Luxray Lv 37
6 Steel Byron Infernape Lv 46 - Machamp Lv 44
7 Ice Candice Infernape Lv 53 - Rapidash Lv 50
8 Electric Volkner Garchomp Lv 58 - Hippowdon Lv 57

Depending on whom people picked, I'll give suggestions for what to capture to beat the above. I'm using Chimchar as a starter example.

Elite Four I'm not at yet, so I can't make any points there yet. But I am two gyms off of the E4 :D give me time I'll give your more updates on what to do. But from what I've been hearing the E4 in here gets an upgrade after national dex. but not 100% on that yet. so neglect this little part. :P

In basis, the Gyms, depending how hard you train, can be easy. But the hints to it, say for Fantina's gym in Hearthrome City, the trick is simple, find the pattern on the Blue tile, and match it to the Red Tiles in front of the door. Trainers are avoidable, but not recommended to be avoided. Get it wrong, sent back to the front. That's Gym 3. but the best advice is to just train like mad. If a person chose Piplup as starter, once at Iron Island part of the game, TEACH IT SURF and just keep destroying ANYTHING in your way with Riley. it really works perfectly. I've had a Lv 68 by the time I got bored of it before Gym 6. Whereas I should have only had a Lv 40.

« Last edited by poke.addicted on Mar 24th 2009 »
Yo.
Team SuperCheats Posted at: 15:24 Mar24 2009 Post ID: 2580693
Team SuperCheats
The Chief
Post Likes: 117
+
+
Thanks poke - Not sure if Dennis will understand all that as he has never played Pokemon, but I am sure it will be of use.

We are just trying to make our 'cheats' page better and with more unique content than other game help sites. Thanks for posting.
Game Guides Galore - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/
Sanzano Posted at: 02:18 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581352
Sanzano
+
+
Thanks poke.addicted, thats great. I'm going to convert your post into a couple of submissions and give you credit. As Rich says I really don't know anything about Pokemon and my current submissions are based on reading articles about the game and cobbling bits and pieces of information together which I've found at various sites so if you get a spare minute and could run your eye over the page to make sure they makes sense I'd appreciate it.

http://www.supercheats.com/nintendods/pokemonplatinumcheatcodes.htm

JCP Da Blitz Posted at: 10:08 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581451
JCP Da Blitz
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Actually, some legit Action Replay codes just came from Codejunkies last night. I'll post them up.

Also, A new Pokesav is available and its codes are working.

« Last edited by JCP Da Blitz on Mar 25th 2009 »
[center][i][color=blue]Da Blitz can't stop, won't stop and is Da winner of the Spring Pokemon Tournament!! Click Here if u wanna take on the champ.

Platinum: DaBlitz-2278 2805 1349
5Ds WC 2009: 0946 9696 0374
Anyone as bored as I am??
Mummification Posted at: 10:12 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581452
Mummification
+
+
The codes that are on Codejunkies.com have been there since the game came out.
poke.addicted Posted at: 15:21 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581577
poke.addicted
+
+
For the comment based on Bastiodon, "Fighting moves are effective against Magneton and a Pokemon that knows Surf will be able to bowl over Bastioden and Steelix" I'd actually stick those two into with getting hit by Fighting / Fire. In basis, having an Infernape is the best choice for Byron. But in a more specific term that I can do for Gym Leaders is the following:

My Team recommendations for the gyms ( a / means or. a - means and):

Number - Type - Leader
1 Rock Roark
Monferno Lv 17 / Turtwig / Prinplup
2 Grass Gardenia
Monferno Lv 26
Staravia Lv 24
3 Ghost Fantina
Rotom lv 28
Murkrow Lv 28 / Misdreavous Lv 27
4 Fighting Maylene
Rotom Lv 34
Infernape Lv 36 / Empoleon / Torterra
Alakazam Lv 36 / Medicham
5 Water Wake
Rotom Lv 37
Luxray Lv 38
Pachirisu Lv 36
6 Steel Byron
Infernape Lv 46
Machamp Lv 44
Hippowdon Lv 46
7 Ice Candice
Infernape Lv 53
Rapidash Lv 50
Magmortar Lv 48
8 Electric Volkner
Garchomp Lv 58
Hippowdon Lv 57
Infernape Lv 59 / Torterra

Remember, this ALL depends on how well you train your party, and how often you fight with them. If you don't like fighting much, You can always go to Solaceon Town to put two pokemon in the Daycare and keep on going back and forth between Routes 210, Solaceon Town, and Route 209. Its your call since thats 123 steps per cycle.

Something that requires editing because its somewhat false yet somewhat true:

"When you have got 492 - Shaymin go to Floaroma City and talk to the lady on the travelling path that you enter the town. She will give you a Glacidia flower that has a magical power. Give the flower to Shaymin and then go to your Pokemon and click on Shaymin and you will have a Sky Form Shaymin."

Yeah Shaymin can transform into Sky Forme when the Gracidia flower is used on it, but the way in getting it is not just a normal Shaymin. It is just like using the TRU Regigigas in America, or the Movie Regigigas in Japan. You MUST have the Event Shaymin thats given to you via wireless event in TRU for America, or the Movie from Japan. These events have been ended already, and now require trading these specific pokemon to get the item. Shaymin MUST be in the Cherish Ball to prove legitimacy. I've actually already tried getting the Gracidia flower from the blond girl in Floweroma Town, only to find out it did not give me it. SO I have to wait to get WiFi to gain a TRU Shaymin.

Something else, the one about free pokemon, those given you us in the game, I checked about for the Gallade "475 - Gallade:
Beat the 5th Gym and talk to the man out front.
"
Thats completely false. Not only does this not occur in the game, but even my Guide Book denies such in-game event. Fix that?

eh, anything else, feel free to ask. I'm just about ready for the Elite Four. I mean I can easily crush them right now, but I'm completing my Sinnoh Dex. :D

« Last edited by poke.addicted on Mar 25th 2009 »
Yo.
DemonOfSand Posted at: 15:50 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581615
DemonOfSand
+
+
On 25-Mar-2009 Mummification said:The codes that are on Codejunkies.com have been there since the game came out.
The english codes came out about a day or two after the game was released. I was watching for them.
My Aipom is famous for being the strongest Aipom ever on this site.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
JCP Da Blitz Posted at: 16:00 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581628
JCP Da Blitz
+
+
Me too. I was check the ARCM last night, maybe into this mourning, and saw it.
[center][i][color=blue]Da Blitz can't stop, won't stop and is Da winner of the Spring Pokemon Tournament!! Click Here if u wanna take on the champ.

Platinum: DaBlitz-2278 2805 1349
5Ds WC 2009: 0946 9696 0374
Anyone as bored as I am??
Sanzano Posted at: 10:15 Mar27 2009 Post ID: 2583107
Sanzano
+
+
Thanks poke.addicted, I've edited my two submissions that were slightly misleading. I added another batch of Pokemon Platinum submissions on Wednesday if you could have a quick look when you're not busy.

poke.addicted Posted at: 15:26 Mar27 2009 Post ID: 2583229
poke.addicted
+
+
For the English translations of the Frontier Brains, I guess the people who translated it messed it up a bit. According to the game, the exact names of the Five Frontier Brains are as following:

Battle Tower: Palmer
Battle Factory: Thorton
Battle Arcade: Dahlia
Battle Castle: Darach
Battle Hall: Argenta

the next list is the one we have, same order as I wrote above:

Battle Tower - Palmer
Battle Factory - Nejiki
Battle Roulette - Daria
Battle Castle - Cochran
Battle Stage - Keito

People might think we got the names wrong, plus some of the places incorrectly named. my other note along with the Battle Frontier is the Battle Points chart.

Battle Tower: Palmer
Streak - BP
??? - ??? (guide book does not say)

Trophies:
Bronze - Win 20 consecutive single battles
Silver - Win 50 consecutive single battles
Gold - Win 100 consecutive single battles

Ribbons:
Ability Ribbon - Beat Palmer in single battle (1st time)
Great Ability Ribbon - Beat Palmer in single battle (2nd time)
Double Ability Ribbon - Win 50 consecutive Double Battles
Multi Ability Ribbon - Win 50 consecutive Multi Battles
Pair Ability Ribbon - Win 50 consecutive Multi Battles (Over wireless)
World Ability Ribbon - Attain Rank 5 at the Wi-Fi Battle Room

Battle Factory: Thorton
Streak - BP

Battle Arcade: Dahlia
Streak - BP

Battle Castle: Darach
Feat - CP*
# of Pokemon that have not fainted - No.x3CP
# of pokemon with full HP - No.x3CP
# of pokemon with more than half HP remaining - No.x2CP
# of pokemon with less than half HP remaining - No.x1CP
# of pokemon with no status ailments - No.x1CP
You used under 5PP Total in battle - No.x8CP
You used under 10PP Total in battle - No.x6CP
You used under 15PP Total in battle - No.x4CP
# of foe's pokemon that you gave +5 Lv - No.x7CP

Battle Hall: Argenta
Streak - BP
10 - 1
30 - 3
Every 50 wins to 450 from 50 - 5
Every 100 wins from 500 to 1000 - 10
Every 200 wins from 1200 to 1800 - 30
From 2000+ Wins - 50

* Please note, this is correctly stated as CP, for the Battle Castle, its not BP thats won. CP is used inside the Battle Castle
Yo.
Mummification Posted at: 21:53 Mar27 2009 Post ID: 2583522
Mummification
+
+
In the Battle Tower I got 3 points from each streak of 7, and then 20 for beating Palmer the first time.

And it would be good to post Palmers team for the first round against him so people can plan their teams to beat him.

He has Dragonite, Rhyperior, and Milotic.

I haven't gone in further yet so I don't have a confirmation of his second team, or how many points you get from the other streaks.

I also haven't done any of the other buildings yet so I don't have confirmation on any of the other Frontier Brains Pok�mon.
Halloween Murders Posted at: 23:33 Mar28 2009 Post ID: 2584660
Halloween Murders
+
+
Mummi- His second team is; Fighting-type moves are key- Palmer's team is more impressive then the first, filled with some very rare and powerful pokemon. Luckily, they're weak against fighting-type moves, so just use moves like Close Combat and Brick Break to wipe the floor with him.
Heatran; Regigigas; and I believe it's still cresselia
Recomended Pokemon To Use; Charizard; Slowking; Flygon; Abomasnow; Mamoswine; Probopass

Battle Arcade Dahlia
Team 1; Uniform type weakness- The pokemon that Dahlia uses in her first match with you share common type weaknesses - Poison, Flying and Ghost. So hit her hard with these types of moves, and you shouldn't have much difficulty - unless you get hit by the roulette, that is.
Ludicolo; Dusknoir; Medicham

Team 2; No uniform weakness- The second time you fight Dahlia she's a little more diverse, with the type weaknesses across the board and more powerful moves too. Try for an advantage on the roulette, and make sure you come prepared with your strongest moves.
Togekiss; Blaziken; and something else
Recomended Pokemon; Feraligator; Exploud; Vileplum; Meganium; Gallade; Ursaring

Castle Valet Darach
team 1; Know your enemy with CP- When you face Darach, he'll hit you with moves like fire fang, which has a 10% chance of burning you, and the sure-hit Aerial Ace. Prepare for battle using CP to heal your HP and find out what moves his pokemon have.
Houndoom; Staraptor; Empoleon

team 2; Come in with high Defense- The second time you fight Darach he'll send out his Gallade with it's high attack. If it hits you, you'll take a lot of damage, so try to bring in pokemon with very high Defense and Raise their evasion with Bright Powder.
Empoleon; Gallade; Something else
Recomended pokemon; Jynx; Skuntank; Kangaskhan; Nidoking; Muk; Girafarig

*quoted from The Official Pokemon Platinum Guide

Note- All other's have random teams, they are never the same.
Sanzano Posted at: 08:22 Apr02 2009 Post ID: 2587996
Sanzano
+
+
Thanks guys, that's really helped me out. I've cobbled together a few new submissions in the Pokemon Platinum cheats section using the information above. If you could have a quick look at it and make sure it makes sense to someone who plays Pokemon I'd appreciate it. I noticed that the Pokemon teams in two of the Frontier Brains were the same as the Japenese version so I then assumed the others would be the same as in theory it is the same game? Please let me know if they're not as I'll need to edit the post.

http://www.supercheats.com/nintendods/pokemonplatinumcheatcodes.htm

Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close