Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Red

what starter is best?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
yossy666 Posted at: 02:49 Nov27 2005 Post ID: 536055
yossy666
Post Likes: 0
+
+
i have to say charmander, because i like charizard so much! even though it will get destroyed by brock and misty, if you have a pidgey or pidgeotto for brock (with sand atak) and have a pikachu for misty, you hav the key elements for a super strong team, but hey, i want everyones' opinions, because this is only mine.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
cheatateen Posted at: 09:50 Nov27 2005 Post ID: 536400
cheatateen
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i say the best starter would be charmander but thats my opinion not the best. however i have to say there really isnt a best pokemon
im lost.......
yossy666 Posted at: 23:42 Nov27 2005 Post ID: 537331
yossy666
+
+
that's not true, there is a best pokemon... CHARIZARD!!!
but mew is the best pokemon when it comes to strength... back on topic now.
---
pyro9 Posted at: 19:15 Dec09 2005 Post ID: 554756
pyro9
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Yo guys are wrong Squirtle rocks and when Wartortle evolves into Blastoise it is so cool! Also Blastoise PWNS Charizard with a water-type move and PWNS Venosaur with a ice-type move.
Hi I'm back
yossy666 Posted at: 23:03 Dec09 2005 Post ID: 555060
yossy666
+
+
i guess ur kinda right, but no bodys' idea can turn me away from my charizard! and wat does PWNS mean?
---
pyro9 Posted at: 09:18 Dec10 2005 Post ID: 556082
pyro9
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 09-Dec-2005 yossy666 said:i guess ur kinda right, but no bodys' idea can turn me away from my charizard! and wat does PWNS mean?
To be honest I only wrote it because I saw someone else write. I think it means pounds or owns...
Hi I'm back
yossy666 Posted at: 14:38 Dec10 2005 Post ID: 556754
yossy666
+
+
ok, owns would make more sense, but i reckon it more likely means...errm... lol, i have no idea what it means actually...
Back on topic now.
---
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 17:31 Dec11 2005 Post ID: 559311
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
none of them are that good. i suppose blastoise is probably the best, but there are many more water-type replacements than there are grass or fire type replacements for venusaur and charizard. i personally wouldn't use any of them.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
pyro9 Posted at: 15:31 Dec13 2005 Post ID: 561567
pyro9
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Actually there is alot of replacements for Gr*** and Fire. For fire there is umm Growlithe,Ponyta,Vulpix, and that is about it. For Gr*** there is Oddish,and...... that is pretty much it.
Hi I'm back
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 16:31 Dec14 2005 Post ID: 563214
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
the problem is, even the best fire types are no good. they tend to lack varied movesets and they're weak to the too-common water, ground and rock types. in terms of grass pokes, there isn't anybody really worth using except exeggutor, who is excellent.

on the other hand, there are a great many excellent water types. starmie, lapras, slowbro and cloyster are all top-level pokemon, and omastar, tentacruel and vaporeon are decent as well. blastoise, despite popular opinion, isn't as good as any of the above-listed pokemon.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
pyro9 Posted at: 12:02 Dec15 2005 Post ID: 564306
pyro9
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 14-Dec-2005 Mask-o-Sheik said:the problem is, even the best fire types are no good. they tend to lack varied movesets and they're weak to the too-common water, ground and rock types. in terms of grass pokes, there isn't anybody really worth using except exeggutor, who is excellent.

on the other hand, there are a great many excellent water types. starmie, lapras, slowbro and cloyster are all top-level pokemon, and omastar, tentacruel and vaporeon are decent as well. blastoise, despite popular opinion, isn't as good as any of the above-listed pokemon.
Yeah I agree with you on the water pokemon you just listed [espeacially LAPRAS] but I don't agree on you with Blastoise. Also this is a little off topic but how do you get Blastoise to learn HYDRO-CANNON.
Hi I'm back
yossy666 Posted at: 02:19 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 565481
yossy666
+
+
i dont know what you're talking about, Mask-o-Shiek, because blastoise is pretty darn strong if you ask me, especially with attacks like surf, hydro pump and bubblebeam, although bubblebeam is'nt all that good.
As for Pyro's question, im not all that sure you can actually get hydro cannon in red version, maybe im wrong, but im pretty sure you can't.
Back on topic now please.
---
pyro9 Posted at: 15:35 Dec16 2005 Post ID: 566376
pyro9
Forum GuestMember
+
+
let's take a vote...

Water [Squirtle]-1
Grass [Bulbasaur]-0
Fire [Charmander-0

I pretty much positive that Charmander is gonna win because everybody likes Charizard.
Hi I'm back
yossy666 Posted at: 15:06 Dec17 2005 Post ID: 568845
yossy666
+
+
good idea pyro, my vote goes to charmander, obviously!!

Water - 1
Grass - 0
Fire - 0

i know its off topic, but how many posts before you can become a moderator?
---
yossy666 Posted at: 15:09 Dec17 2005 Post ID: 568848
yossy666
+
+
this is just a guess, but pyro, do you only like water because of all the things you mentioned in your signature?
---
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 22:32 Dec18 2005 Post ID: 571380
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 16-Dec-2005 yossy666 said:i dont know what you're talking about, Mask-o-Shiek, because blastoise is pretty darn strong if you ask me, especially with attacks like surf, hydro pump and bubblebeam, although bubblebeam is'nt all that good.
As for Pyro's question, im not all that sure you can actually get hydro cannon in red version, maybe im wrong, but im pretty sure you can't.
Back on topic now please.
yes.....EVERY OTHER WATER POKEMON CAN LEARN SURF, HYDRO PUMP AND BUBBLEBEAM (and ice beam). but does blastoise have a high special? no he doesn't. starmie and slowbro have a high special. and guess what? they get better moves too, like amnesia, psychic, thunderbolt and thunder wave. lapras lasts even longer than blastoise does and gets confuse ray and psychic. cloyster can explode. tentacruel has a freaking HIGH special (and gets confuse ray). i could go on, but the point is that blastoise doesn't get decent support moves and his only redeeming factor is earthquake, which doesn't even work well when 1/2 of the dominating electric types are zapdos, and everything else eq is effective against could be better done with surf/hydropump.
yossy666 Posted at: 23:49 Dec18 2005 Post ID: 571500
yossy666
+
+
ok, i get the picture
---
pyro9 Posted at: 13:43 Dec21 2005 Post ID: 576342
pyro9
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 17-Dec-2005 yossy666 said:this is just a guess, but pyro, do you only like water because of all the things you mentioned in your signature?
Well actually no...I do not know really how to say it but I am obssed with water...even though my username says the oposite...oh yeah here is the poll...

Water [squirtle] -1
Fire [charmander]-1
Grass [bulbasaur] -0

Poor bulbasaur nobody likes him :[
Hi I'm back
yossy666 Posted at: 01:03 Dec28 2005 Post ID: 586362
yossy666
+
+
lol, i know, and come on everyone, this forum is dead! get it back on its feet!
---
Animefreak Posted at: 19:49 Dec28 2005 Post ID: 587652
Animefreak
The Doctor
Post Likes: 3
+
+
I'm with you on that Yossy....The best starter in my oppinion, 'cause I'm a pyromaniac, I say Charmander.o_O
Yes.
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close