Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Red

MissingNO. .... could it be Ho-oH

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

monk_man_do Posted at: 14:22 Sep30 2006 Post ID: 1067664
monk_man_do
Post Likes: 0
+
+
hello all...ive come up with this theory that seein as people think that missingno could be a pokemon only tooken out of the game at the last minuite only not fully...but qwhat im thinking is...could it have been ho-oh? seein as its been in the franchise since the begining of the anime...they couldve put htis in as so aong with these ones the people call pokegods who were actually johto pokemon tht were in the anime before the johto series such as togepi, marril and donphan seein as they were tooken out at the last minuite and ended up randomly appearing as missingno like glitched up boxes in the mew glitch...if you think this is stupid stop to think for a while before commenting some pointless garbage about me wasting my time ok?
Am i evil?! Yes i Am!

Am i evil?! I Am Man

Yes i Am!
dark_wolf_33 Posted at: 16:04 Oct07 2006 Post ID: 1078688
dark_wolf_33
Future Wolfy
Post Likes: 7
+
+
You might have a valid idea there, monk. My idea is that they needed a simple-to-make sprite to test battling and other things with, and in the final version, they forgot to take it out. And that asks another question, is the version we got the final version? Or did Nintendo not bother to finish it?

« Last edited by dark_wolf_33 on Oct 7th 2006 »
monk_man_do Posted at: 07:39 Oct08 2006 Post ID: 1079624
monk_man_do
+
+
interesting point..i suppose it would be abit odd to see a ho-oh with 2 water guns but possibly lugia but i suppose the test sprite is one thing...

thanks for showing an interest
Am i evil?! Yes i Am!

Am i evil?! I Am Man

Yes i Am!
yossy666 Posted at: 21:34 Oct10 2006 Post ID: 1082981
yossy666
+
+
actyually... if you want to follow this theory (which is actually a widespread theory), it would be lugia. think... water and flying attacks.
i wanna live like james dean, i wanna die a superstar.
---
yossy666 | Komodo | Aaden Foli | 02 Dissociative. | yossy666
monk_man_do Posted at: 08:03 Oct12 2006 Post ID: 1084509
monk_man_do
+
+
yea but i was thinking ho-oh because they have already had the idea of ho-oh since the start of the anime dont knowif they did for lugia though but you could be on to something non the less
Am i evil?! Yes i Am!

Am i evil?! I Am Man

Yes i Am!
bomba Posted at: 08:52 Oct12 2006 Post ID: 1084517
bomba
+
+
a agme takes awhile to make they probably had the idea of lugi and ho-oh with alot of johto pokemon when the game came out so you make a good point but if anything its probably lugia (Plus think you find missingNO in the water to)

Jakester 24/7 Posted at: 09:52 Oct12 2006 Post ID: 1084535
Jakester 24/7
+
+
i don't think it is ho-oh.

Missingno. was supposed to be a pokemon but was taken out. he is still there because not ALL of him went.and because he didn't exist he had no number,and no name,so the game has to look for a name for him and the data tells the game that he has a missing no., so they use that for his name.and because he is a glitch,he has wierd attacks.

NOTE: that is what i think

ppl say they can beat me with thier eyes closed,I say CUZ ITZ IN YUR DREAMZ!
skittles.TASTE THE F**KING RAINBOW!
http://www.forumsvibe.com/g...consoled
Mine!!!1!!!!
(online)
chamale Posted at: 20:05 Oct15 2006 Post ID: 1089723
chamale
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Real reason Missingno exists... The Pokemon game uses binary. There are 11111111 (256) pokemon, but only 10011011 (151) "real" pokemon. The remaining 01100100 (105) pokemon are trainers and glitches. For the glitches, the game reads a text file and displays it as a graphic, so it look like a bunch of pixels. For the attacks, it reads another text file and thinks "these are its attacks".
monk_man_do Posted at: 12:14 Oct17 2006 Post ID: 1091575
monk_man_do
+
+
yea good thanks for pointing that out chamale but it steers from the point a little...i like yossy, dark_wolf and bombas theory good work
Am i evil?! Yes i Am!

Am i evil?! I Am Man

Yes i Am!
pokemonlover567 Posted at: 00:19 Nov21 2006 Post ID: 1159174
pokemonlover567
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i think it can be hoho because people say missingno. was the 4th legendrgy bird that they took out
join team chaos!!!!!! can you handle it?
monk_man_do Posted at: 06:48 Dec08 2006 Post ID: 1199875
monk_man_do
+
+
another good point!
Am i evil?! Yes i Am!

Am i evil?! I Am Man

Yes i Am!
GlitchGuy2 Posted at: 19:55 Dec10 2006 Post ID: 1207407
GlitchGuy2
+
+
Missingno.? #000
Missingno. is the unknown PKMN who alwase used power to duplicate the 6th item in your pack to 100+. (and copies a key item into two)
Triggers
In Red and Blue, you'd talk to Old Man in Virdian City and fly to Cinnabar Island, then surf on the edge of the eastern coast, along with Pokemon generated by both your name and the last PKMN appearance area (ie, Safari PKMN at coast) In Yellow, the only encounter would be with an old trick requiring to flee a battle before it starts. Along the last PKMN's Special stat you saw will affect your encounter, for the Special opens the encounter PKMN's HEX value. So 21 would be Mew, and THAT'S how Mew is found doing that trick. And cirtain HEX values, (multiple) cause a lead to Missingno.!
What happened?
Legends are said to explain Missingno. and *^'M)%, like Amealia Earhart and the Ceolophysis, Missingno. is shrouded into mystery, it ussualy starts with 2 Water Guns and 1 Sky Attack, averagly, Missingno. is a Water and Flying type, or (less often) a Normal and flying.
Pokemon tests?
Some sources say that Missingno. was used to test the Wild Pokemon Generator, and was left in the game, this however does not fit every clue, so the wild PKMN from other places may have a part of Missingno.or this theory does not work.
Weedle and Old Man?
Many reports, such as trsrockin.com, have rumors that Missingno. and Name Genorators are openned because of Old Man, because does the screen say "What will D(M)D(M)D(M)(M) do?", incorrect, it says Old Man, and where's you're name data? On Cinnabar and Seafoam's Eastern coast, and without your name being brought up for long time, you move on that data, so by example, in the name above, (M) is male symbol, and surfing that data causes the game to read normally and make your name's HEX appear in the wild, so D(M) would read
"Mewtwo 255L:". And at cirtain symbols, Trainers battle with glitch PKMN, so (M) would read and generate Prof. Oak to battle, and to think we'd all thought he retired from battling.
A Nintendo challenge?
Very few people think that Nintendo left Missingno. on purpose to see if someone would find it, but this would be highly denied because Nintendo warns everyone to fear it and run away.
Gold/Silver Pokemon?
Missingno., like said above, is sometimes Water/Flying OR Normal/Flying, so could Missingno. and (&'M@% be Ho-oh and Lugia? So could other Pokemon over Pokedex no. 151, some refer a couple of them be cut to stay simple and off the shows course, think, Pokemon like Snubble appeared in the first movie, could Nintendo have cut him half way, leaving him as a mysterous blur of pixels? Some people think so, others refer the PKMN over 151 as Pokegods.
*My basic report on Missingno., it could be possible that Missingno. could be both Ho-oh and Lugia, think about it, the only actual Water/Flying type Pokemon was Garados(sp) at the time, so is Lugia, perhaps Lugia was cut from the game, too. And Missingno. is a cut
Ho oh?
Team Element- LUCARIO RANK AT LAST!!!
Learn how to raise your PKMN to LV 255 in D/P without AR!
http://www.freewebs.com/glitchsoftwares/ -No this isn't the same as the above link.
parrotboy Posted at: 18:20 Dec25 2006 Post ID: 1240643
parrotboy
+
+
this should be posted under the "missingo, what is it" thread. We dont need more than one thread on a topic
This world is full of people trying to copy the people who try to copy them.

Be individual!

http://member.mibba.com/9856/
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 202789

Post Top
Click to close