Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Silver

Legendary Dogs: Catching Tips (Pokemon Silver)

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Cramp Posted at: 13:27 Dec07 2007 Post ID: 2020978
Cramp
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hopefully these tips will help you out if you are struggling to catch these 3 pokemon; Entei, Raikou and Suicune. After you drop down Burned Tower and make them run off, they will randomly run around Johto until you catch them. There are certain points you need to remember and know:
- All three will remain lvl 40 in the wild throughout the game.
- All three will attempt to run on their first battle turn.
- All three move around incredibly fast and do not stay in the same location long
- All three potentially know the move 'Roar' but this is not a guarantee.
- All three only appear in tall grass in Johto
- All three will change location when you Fly
- All three will NOT regenerate any HP during the game regardless of number of battles however their status will change back to normal.

Whilst travelling around Johto you will hopefully run into these three at least once whilst you are training up in the patches of grass. These will mean they are entered onto your Pokedex - this will be an incredibly useful tool when it comes to catching them.

In 6 years of having the game, I have seen these two Pokemon loads. I mostly see them around these areas:
Entei - Frequently hangs around Route 34 (Goldenrod), Route 29 (New Bark Town) and Route 38 (Olivine City)
Raikou - Tends to hang around Route 34 (Goldenrod), Route 30/31 (CherryGrove City) and Route 29 (New Bark Town)

The third, Suicune, is a different matter however. Only until a few weeks ago did I decide it was time to see and catch this son of a ***** once and for all. After hanging around the areas the other two are usually found there was no luck. So, I headed to the north part of the map due to it's connection with the north wind. Finally, I saw it and was able to track it's movement on the Pokedex. It does head south on occasions, but it was rare.

Suicune - Usually hangs around the North part of Johto, especially Route 36 (Ecruteak City), Route 42 (Mahogany Town), Route 43 (Lake of Rage) and Route 45 (Blackthorn City)

Hopefully now you will have all three sighted on your Pokedex. Now it's time to catch them. I treated the three dogs as if there were in two teams, Entei and Raikou (Team 1), and Suicune (Team 2) on it's own. You will have probably read that Repel's help with finding these dogs, but I strongly disagree. This method I used had me with all 3 dogs in under a week. Firstly, you need to train two pokemon;

Scyther/Scizor
- Train this pokemon up to level 44 or higher with False Swipe. This will prove important later on. Level it up by taking it through the Elite Four several times. It can be caught in the Bug Catching Contest.
Jynx
- Catch a Jynx in Ice Path. Level it up to level 50 and have it know the following moves; Lovely Kiss and Mean Look. Lovely kiss has an exceptional accuracy rate and is heavily important in these encounters (a missed sleep move could result in the legendaries running away). Again, to level it up, take it through the Elite Four. It will annihilate most of their pokemon on it's own if you teach it Psychic and Ice Punch. It is important it is level 50 so it's speed is quicker than the dogs.

Once you have these two, it's time to catch your beasts.

Team 1 - Entei and Raikou
- Have a pokemon that knows fly.
- Fly to New Bark Town, and Check your Pokedex to see where Entei and Raikou are
- If one of them appears on Route 29 or Route 46 get on your bike and head to the nearest grass in that area.
- If one does not appear near there, simply fly to New Bark Town again and check again. Rinse and Repeat till one appears close.
- Have Jynx first in your party.
- Ride around on your bike in the nearest patch of grass for a while. Run away from weak Pokemon.
- Do NOT use repel as stated in other tip methods and manual. A legendary's sighting is based on battle percentage (e.g. 1 in 20 chance of appearing). If you use a repel, you lower the chances of a battle itself, so the chance of seeing a legendary is lower. Plus, if you are using this method completely as stated, your Jynx will be lvl 50 or above, meaning even less battles. Keep your repels at home is my advice.
- Keep checking your Pokedex to make sure it is in the area
- After around 1-10 fights, your legendary should appear. Firstly, use Mean Look, this will stop it from running. Should your legendary know Roar, you will have to change your strategy. Rather than using Mean Look first, use Lovely Kiss. It is possible it will fail and your legendary will run, but it is a risk worth taking as this method had me with 4 sightings in 30 minutes.
- Once Mean Looked and Asleep, bring out Scyther. Use False Swipe to take it's HP down to 1. Should the legendary awake, it may run - depending on whether Mean Look wears out. But don't worry, it won't regen HP. Simply use the method again, and put it to sleep with 1 HP left.
- Once Low on HP and Asleep throw Ultra Balls. It will take 7-12 depending on luck.

This works for both Raikou and Entei. I managed to catch both in roughly 8 hours of trying after I had spotted them. Suicune is different - this will take a little longer.

Team 2 - Suicune
As i say, Suicune is a different kettle of fish. Because of it's relevance to the 'North Wind' I have seen distinct pathing differences from the other two. Everytime I changed route or went into a building, Suicune changed route - usually heading to the next route North. So this is what you do;
- Buy tons and tons of Ultra/Great b@lls and bring lots of Fast B@lls
- Fly to Blackthorn City
- Check your Pokedex, see if Suicune is on Route 46. (This is the Southern part of Route 45, and is off Route 29 which is near New Bark Town).
- If it isn't rince and repeat until it is.
- If it is, cycle down onto route 45, this will mean Suicune will now be on route 45. Check your pokedex for clarification. If not, start over.
- Cycle on route 45, sticking to the grass as much as possible and run from weak pokemon.
- Like the other two, do NOT use repel.
- When you see him, Mean Look and Lovely Kiss. It is more than likely your Suicune will know Roar, so you may have to alternate your strategy to make sure he is always asleep. The encounter will be a little rarer than the other two dogs, so keep checking your pokedex.
- Suicune's pathing is a lot rarer than the other two, as there is only a certain way you are bound to meet on the same route by using Fly. It may take a while until you catch this guy. The important thing is to get it to 1 HP as fast as possible, even if it means placing Scyther in your first party place for a while.
- Use Ultra B@lls and Fast B@lls when Suicune is on 1 hp and asleep. I highly recommend to stock up on Fast B@lls, as Suicune is still very difficult to catch.

And there you go. I hope this information helped. From my experience, Raikou and Entei are far easier to catch than Suicune. Suicune requires patience and a lot of b@lls but is worth it in the end. It took me 6 hours from seeing Suicune to catching it.

Good luck! I hope this information has helped.

« Last edited by Cramp on Dec 7th 2007 »
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
magicfingers101 Posted at: 17:55 Apr29 2009 Post ID: 2609836
magicfingers101
+
+
This helped me so much. It helped me catch suicune and Raiku but no matter where i look i cant find entei I haven't even found him on my pokedex yet. Can You plzhelp

« Last edited by magicfingers101 on Apr 29th 2009 »
mast3r ch33f 93 Posted at: 20:04 Apr29 2009 Post ID: 2609943
mast3r ch33f 93
+
+
my little brother envies you for this guide.
Image removed ? file size exceeds 200 KB ? Cross Stinger
when you say lolcat sylar kills a kitten.

sig by me
PhilXZ Posted at: 10:39 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723362
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
+
12bboy, please remember the following when posting next time!

1. Post 3 or more words.
2. You can only have 3 smileys in a row and 5 total per post. You have 8 in a row.
3. Don't post irrelevant posts that don't contribute to the topic.
4. Please read our Forum Rules.

[Post Deleted]
Volke Posted at: 10:41 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723365
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
This topic has been frequently bumped, anyway.

Closing...
PhilXZ Posted at: 11:04 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723406
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
+
The 1-month bump rule doesn't count in inactive forums Volke, so it's fine to leave this open.

[Re-Opened]
PhilXZ Posted at: 16:27 Aug29 2009 Post ID: 2723786
PhilXZ
German Wunderkind
+
+
12bboy, this is your third warning. I advise you to stop or else you will be reported and/or banned from this site!

[Post Deleted]
USA_Military_Chick Posted at: 03:37 Dec13 2009 Post ID: 2774098
USA_Military_Chick
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i can always catch suicune even without this help but i can never catch the other two. but it really helped! thanks!
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 18:30 Jun03 2012 Post ID: 3117045
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
+
Guest 69.137.58.134: That was two years ago - Back when Phil was a Super Mod. Yeah, he was a little strict, but oh well. :/
Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 16:01 Jun04 2012 Post ID: 3117214
Forgoten_Scars
Orbis terrarum est mei
Post Likes: 28
+
+
...Same as what I just said, but to Guest 24.233.168.198
Forum Guest Posted at: 02:34 Jun23 2012 Post ID: 3122672
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
i dont have game but need one
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
steelersrock01 Posted at: 13:39 Jul05 2012 Post ID: 3126868
steelersrock01
Post Likes: 162
+
+
Guest 92.225.150.136 - Please use words when you post, smilies aren't really productive.
Forum Guest Posted at: 21:14 Jul25 2012 Post ID: 3132436
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Thumbs Up this really helped
Forum Guest Posted at: 08:39 Aug13 2012 Post ID: 3139060
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Weird, I have catched Suicune with 1 Greatball, And i haven't hit him. I've catched him with only a lvl 34 Quilava o.0
But i can't find Entei or Raikou! still not on my Pokedex! :C
Forum Guest Posted at: 12:51 Aug14 2012 Post ID: 3139457
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
i didnt know this when i caught suicune and entei.
how did i know where suicune was?
in pokemon soulsilver, hes in the north part of the route after u see him and thats the first place i looked and i encountered him and used an ultra ball right off the bat. with entei i used the master ball and i didnt catch raikou i feel sooo sad Doh Anxious i started to cry when i didnt catch him. hes my fave of the 3 dogs :C :[ but at least i have the other 2 in my party Smile
Forum Guest Posted at: 22:29 Aug23 2012 Post ID: 3142634
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
OKAY. This way is incredibly easy i did it and caught all 3 of the dogs using a regular pokebal.. idk why more people arent doing this. What i did was teach icy punch (which u can get in goldenrod in the store to abra and use it on the dogs. save before u attack with icy punch though because you want to get the chance of freezing the target solid. once the target is solid you can use literally any ball and get them, i got on second try with the regular one
paul5311 Posted at: 22:37 Aug23 2012 Post ID: 3142640
paul5311
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Also in reply to cramp, use repels, i found all 3 dogs within 15 mins using super repels. It may decrease chance of finding them, but it also eliminates all chances of finding other pokemon and you dont have to waste time going through like 600 pokemon. i found entei and raiku on my first super repels.
Forum Guest Posted at: 14:41 Sep28 2012 Post ID: 3153676
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I caught all three in a single day about 4 hours of time. I used basically this strategy, but I used repels had a lvl 39 pokemon with mean look (haunter and went to the areas they're at except, I went to the smallest grass patches and rode the bike back and forth. There you go all three in 4 hours Not Talking
brpendleton Posted at: 14:07 Oct02 2012 Post ID: 3154734
brpendleton
Forum GuestMember
+
+
What do you suggest for finding the dogs for the first time?
Forum Guest Posted at: 02:19 Oct29 2012 Post ID: 3167245
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Pray
i found a riokou but when i tried to catch him your box is full was written.I shut down the pc and started playing from the last saved game.
i have heared tht these legendry
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close