Search this topic:

Game Forum Search:
Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:
Down to Quick Reply Report Topic

Post ID: 2733996 Posted at: 15-Sep-2009 16:09:22
steel dragons
Post Likes: 0
+
Well, I'm going to post the team that has 'worked' the most for me. It was also one of my first shoddy teams. So, here it is:

Azelf w/ Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Atk
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Taunt

This Azelf has worked well for me. It can beat most sleep leads (like Roserade and Smeargle), it can beat other suicide leads that choose to taunt or SR first, and it can explode, which can be very helpful at times. I believe that it is too frail to reliably set up stealth rock, so thats why I have...

Bronzong w/ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP, 88 SpD, 88 Def, 80 Att (I think they are right)
Ability: Obviously Levitate
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

This Bronzong reliably sets up stealth rock most of the time. It is slow enough to hit most pokemon hard with gyro ball, and it can also explode. Earthquake provides good coverage with gyro ball.

Heatran w/ Choice Scarf
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- HP (Electric)
- Explosion

This is a standard scarfed Heatran, except that it can now take on most Gyarados with HP (Electric). It can absorb the fire attacks aimed at Bronzong, then use Fire Blast to tear holes through the opponent's team. Heatran also resists most of my team members' weaknesses, which gives it many opportunities to switch in. And guess what, it can also EXPLODE!!!

Empoleon w/ Petaya Berry
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA, 236 Spe, 12 HP, 12 Def
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Agility
- Substitute

Well, here is the first of two late game sweepers (in my opinion). It sets up with agility, then substitute to eventually activate the petaya berry, then hits opponents with powerful torrent, petaya, STAB boosted surf attacks. Ice beam is there so that Salamence and other grass types don't give me a hard time. And no, it can't explode...

Salamence w/ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

The standard dragon dance set up here, but it is still very powerful. Salamence is also my other late-game sweeper, because it can rip holes in the opponents team with its array of boosted moves. I chose dragon claw over outrage because then I don't get locked into it and picked off by Scizor and others.

Gengar w/ Expert Belt
Nature: Hasty
EVs: 252 Spe, 156 SpA, 100 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Punch
- HP (Fire)
- Substitute

This Gengar has helped me easily KO some threats. For example, it can substitute while the opponent switches in Scizor, then use HP (fire) to KO the Scizor. Even if Scizor switches out, it still has the substitute, so it has (two lives) in a way. This also goes for Tyranitar, weakened Blissey, and some other threats. It is good because most people don't really expect this kind of Gengar.

Well, this is my team. I would appreciate it if you made suggestions for this team, as there are probably some things that I could do to make this team better. However, there is no such thing as a 'perfect' team. Some threats will always be harder than others.

This team is also under 'pokedex', under 'My Teams', under my user name, Steel Dragons, if you want to rate it or some of my other teams there. (The first team is pre-shoddy, so keep that in mind.)

I also came in third place (like Hatershateme) in the Supercheats Tournament. I won against Wesley_Keith, then JCP Da Blitz, then lost to ytellu, the eventual champion of the tournament.

Thats all.
- Steel Dragons
[center][size=13][color=lightblue]Accomplishments/Statistics:
My highest OU rating on the Team Uber server was around 1606 (1/31/10)
[url=http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=111412][size=16][color=yellow]Find the Supercheats Summer tournament here (Click here).[/url]
[size=12][b][color=green]I am usually available for shoddy battles on most Thursdays through Sundays at night, GMT-4.
+
Reply Add Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Post ID: 2734583 Posted at: 16-Sep-2009 18:43:21
rate_me
+
How do you deal with bulky Pokemon like Latias, Rotom, and bulky waters? After a CM or two Suicune can just ignore HP-electric and kill everything with surf. Also, I don't like how you have explosion on half of your Pokemon. I'd probably go with a dual screen Bronzong to help your lack of real defense, or perhaps replace it with Jolteon for bulky waters et al. to give yourself a more "mixed-offense" team. Also, I think that you should try a MixMence to try to help break stall:
Salamence@Life Orb
Rash
80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Brick Break
Roost / Crunch

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
+
Post ID: 2739356 Posted at: 26-Sep-2009 06:39:36
Will d (mr ramdom)
*Insert witty title here*
Post Likes: 3
+
not bad if you have a Mence with LO give him some Special moves like Hydro Pump and Flamethrower/Fire Blast then make him Naughty/Lonely natured if you want you could give him Choice Scarf seeming as DD will be a bit too risky with LO but if you do give him Scarf scrap DD altogether

« Last edited by Will d (mr ramdom) on Sep 26th 2009 »

^Sig by SG^

My Team. It's amazing.

Contact me at: WDoran13@gmail.com
+
Post ID: 2744061 Posted at: 03-Oct-2009 21:25:51
GracideaBlossom
+
A good looking team, yes, But beware of the special tanks and walls. Since the bulk of your team are special sweeper oriented, all your opponent would need is a special defender and you would be in trouble. A phyical sweeper would take care of that. Also, I can't help but notice that you are using Empoleon as a sweeper, when it shines as a special wall. I highly reccomend that you switch its duties, especialy since there is hide nor hair of any defensive pokemon on theis team. Lack of defence aside, you have some pretty cool sweepers here *applauds Azlef and Salemence in particular* and I like that you thought of stealh rock suppourt.
+
Post ID: 2745374 Posted at: 05-Oct-2009 13:59:41
Will d (mr ramdom)
+
some others things i forgot to mention:
i love your whole azelf thing pure gold
if you really want your Mence to be a great late game sweeper give him outrage, with DD he'll be able to outspeed most and destroy entire teams
scrap Explosion on bronzong and give him Refelct seeming as you lack a Ph.Wall

^Sig by SG^

My Team. It's amazing.

+
Post ID: 2745647 Posted at: 05-Oct-2009 18:55:02
Beta X
+
Got a Machamp weakness, or Scarfed Lucario.
I say Bronzong for Fortresse(Spelled Correctly?)
Empoleon for Rotom-W(water applience), to provide better type coverage. Maybe the Sub set, or boosting sweeper. Or Crocune for a Status Asorber and a Potential Sweeper.

+
Post ID: 2745901 Posted at: 06-Oct-2009 10:24:47
steel dragons
+
Thank you for your suggestions everyone. I can't do shoddy until Thursday, so I can't test out any real changes until then.
Some changes I would consider are:
1. Making Bronzong dual screen or a dual screen Azelf for a more bulky offensive team.
2. possibly making Azelf hold a choice scarf, and having it know stealth rock, psychic, explosion, and trick. This Azelf can almost always set up stealth rock I think, but I have not really tested it out yet.
3. besides Azelf and Bronzong, I really have three special sweepers and one physical sweeper, and this needs to be changed. I'm considering replacing Heatran and Empoleon with physically based mixed Infernape and choice specs Latias, as they work well together and provide good coverage. I probably would change Salamence around slightly, like giving it outrage and fire blast instead of stone edge and dragon claw, and like giving it a different nature.

Well, if any of you have more suggestions, please tell me.

- Steel Dragons
[center][size=13][color=lightblue]Accomplishments/Statistics:
My highest OU rating on the Team Uber server was around 1606 (1/31/10)
[url=http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=111412][size=16][color=yellow]Find the Supercheats Summer tournament here (Click here).[/url]
[size=12][b][color=green]I am usually available for shoddy battles on most Thursdays through Sundays at night, GMT-4.
+
Post ID: 2746034 Posted at: 06-Oct-2009 14:29:49
Will d (mr ramdom)
+
don't give az CS keep him as he his possible give him SR not sure what move your should get rid of though you can deside what you think would be best if you do make a MixMence Lonely/Naughty with CS or Jolly/Timid with LO

^Sig by SG^

My Team. It's amazing.

+
Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:

Members viewing this thread:
Reply in this thread
Smilies, click to use

Please do not give out personal information on this forum.
By posting on the SuperCheats forums, you agree to adhere to our forum rules.

BB Codes Guide

Please agree to the following Forum Rules to post here

1) Be respectful of others and don't abuse in any way other site users.
2) Please don't post personally identifiable information.
3) No linking to or advertising hacks, cracks, gambling or adult material.
4) Post with a purpose, i.e don't spam or just post a ton of smilies!
5) Remember minors also use this board, so be careful with your language.

I Agree