Search this topic:

Game Forum Search:
Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:
Down to Quick Reply Report Topic

Post ID: 3096839 Posted at: 26-Feb-2012 15:07:02
fifafan99999
Post Likes: 0
+
so i wanna enter the international challenge and am taking it a lot more seriously then the autumn friendly (9116 out of 10006!) so please rate them. they are all lv.50 only because the tournament takes them down.

Garchomp -lv.50
Dragon Claw
Surf--really unsure if i will keep for tourney
Brick Break
Earthquake

Milotic-lv.50
Toxic
Surf
Scald
Ice Beam

Staraptor-lv.50
Quick attack
Fly
Aerial Ace
Final gambit.

Metagross- lv.50
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Grass Knot

Absol-lv.50
Night slash
X-Scissor
Aerial Ace
Ice Beam

Rotom- mow form-lv.50
Leaf Storm
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power--still dont know what type
Volt Switch

I can get pokemon pretty easeily, and since its a tournament no hacking, so please rate it and help.

« Last edited by fifafan99999 on Mar 4th 2012 »
Pokemon Black 2 Name: Reis
Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code: 2924 6955 6171
+
Reply Add Quote and ReplyMulti Quote
Post ID: 3096847 Posted at: 26-Feb-2012 15:50:42
anubisgod29
Post Likes: 2
+
I'd say it's a good team. You have the main of the types of moves so I'd say you're ok.

« Last edited by anubisgod29 on Feb 26th 2012 »

oops. well, Mewtwo says "I like to wear shorts cause they're comfy and easy to wear". Lucario says, "Holy crud, where're my shorts at man?!" Mew says, "Ooh, such lovely legs!" LOL

my 3DS FC is 3883-5881-5417
+
Post ID: 3096860 Posted at: 26-Feb-2012 16:44:36
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
Moved for ya~
+
Post ID: 3096953 Posted at: 27-Feb-2012 06:48:18
fifafan99999
+
Thanks for that axionas
+
Post ID: 3096968 Posted at: 27-Feb-2012 09:41:40
anubisgod29
Post Likes: 2
+
hey fififan, now that I really look at the move sets of each pokemon, you know how both Rotom and Absol know thunderbolt, and Mitolic and Garchomp both know surf? I would teach them a psychic, ghost or dark move. And if they can't learn any moves like that, I'd take out Wobbefett, since it can really only learn one attack.

« Last edited by anubisgod29 on Feb 27th 2012 »

oops. well, Mewtwo says "I like to wear shorts cause they're comfy and easy to wear". Lucario says, "Holy crud, where're my shorts at man?!" Mew says, "Ooh, such lovely legs!" LOL

my 3DS FC is 3883-5881-5417
+
Post ID: 3098372 Posted at: 02-Mar-2012 15:53:00
fifafan99999
+
Ya I probably will change garchomp's surf, but I like wobbufet cuz of destiny bond, as well as the fact is has good stats. And thanks, I'll update the post when I finalise the moves
+
Post ID: 3098383 Posted at: 02-Mar-2012 16:14:17
richmond1210
Post Likes: 10
+
What are the EV's for the Pokemon?
+
Post ID: 3098386 Posted at: 02-Mar-2012 16:21:37
Glitchmaster117
Self Proclaimed :D
+
It's really not bad. I would take Bulldoze off of Milotic, since it's a Physical attack on a Special attacker. Replace Bulldoze with Toxic, since Milotic is more of a Special Wall where Toxic is perfect. The same general principle goes to Absol. It's a physical attacker with three Special moves. I would recommend removing Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam, and replacing them with Nightslash/Suckerpunch, Psycho Cut, and X-Scissor. Same goes for Garchomp, replacing Surf with something like Crunch. All of these moves are, of course, through TM or Reteach.

The one and only!
+
Post ID: 3098528 Posted at: 03-Mar-2012 07:16:38
fifafan99999
+
Thanks, I have like every Tm, but idk if I have a ton of heart scales, but I will look into these

And Richmond, u mean the stats? I didn't think it really mattered, but I can post them

« Last edited by fifafan99999 on Mar 3rd 2012 »
+
Post ID: 3098601 Posted at: 03-Mar-2012 14:43:22
richmond1210
Post Likes: 10
+
No, I mean EVs or Effort Values. They are what make a competitive player better than the casual player.
+
Post ID: 3098713 Posted at: 04-Mar-2012 12:15:57
Professional Noob
Post Likes: 4
+
Um isn't Wobbufet an uber? I thought they were banned from competitions...
i hate sigs...
+
Post ID: 3098756 Posted at: 04-Mar-2012 14:14:12
fifafan99999
+
ya I think it and garchomp are, but they allow them. All legendary pokes r out, and although these are ubers,they aren't legendary, and I'm taking out wobbuffet for staraptor anyway.
+
Post ID: 3098991 Posted at: 05-Mar-2012 03:31:53
Professional Noob
+
ok but you should delete quick move from Staraptor.
i hate sigs...
+
Post ID: 3099004 Posted at: 05-Mar-2012 05:03:41
Pravinj
^Oh look! my username...
Post Likes: 60
+
Yeah, quick attack should be deleted, and put some status enhancing move.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Email: pjchecksmail@gmail.com
~Avy and Sig by me~
+
Post ID: 3099010 Posted at: 05-Mar-2012 05:30:07
Professional Noob
+
What kind of items did you give them?
i hate sigs...
+
Post ID: 3099018 Posted at: 05-Mar-2012 06:35:21
fifafan99999
+
OK I might delete quick attack, the thing is say it is a battle, staraptor v garchomp, we both for some reason have 1 health, quick attack will come in handy, so that's y I like it,

And I haven't decided items, feel free to tell me so,e ideas
+
Post ID: 3099702 Posted at: 08-Mar-2012 06:28:05
fifafan99999
+
Bumping for good measure
+
Post ID: 3099878 Posted at: 09-Mar-2012 14:11:07
Professional Noob
+
You should give Metagross an item that enhances speed
i hate sigs...
+
Post ID: 3100953 Posted at: 15-Mar-2012 08:35:09
fifafan99999
+
Bump
+
Post ID: 3107881 Posted at: 18-Apr-2012 16:04:02
exploding typhoon
Grammar strict policeman.
Post Likes: 5
+
Okay. This team needs work. From what I've seen in the posts, you've made some improvements, but it's still not very good. On thing you might want to do is post their Items, as that's an important part of the game. I'll go through them individually, and then take a look at the team as a whole.

Garchomp: First off, I'd like to express my displeasure at seeing an Uber on the team. He also seems to have only attack moves, which isn't good unless you're running a Choice set. His second problem is his moveset. He's a physical sweeper, so Surf has no place on him. I'd replace it with Swords Dance. The set I would suggest is as follows:

Garchomp @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Rough Skin, or Sand Veil if you expect to see any Sand abusers in this tournament.

EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd.

Moves:

Swords Dance
Dragon Claw/Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Fire Fang/Brick Break

It's a simple set, really. Swords Dance can boost your Atk stat to insane levels in only one turn, which allows you to punch holes in the opposing team's ranks, especially with the boost you get from the Life Orb. Dragon Claw is your safest option, but you can run Outrage for some extra power. If you do that though, you may want to use a Lum Berry to avoid inflicting too much damage on yourself. Earthquake goes with your Dragon STAB nicely, hitting the Steel types that resist your other move, and getting a STAB boost as well. Your last move depends on how much coverage you want: Stone Edge can give you an [i]edge[/] over Flying types, but running it allows Bronzong to completely wall you. Fire Fang can hit Bronzong super-effectively, but it has low power, and doesn't even have 100 accuracy. Brick Break can be run to destroy any barriers the opponent might try to set up, but it's slightly less viable than the other two moves.

Milotic: This girl can be a ***** when used correctly. However, I'm afraid you're not using her correctly at the moment. There's no point in running both Surf and Scald, so I would suggest ditching Surf. Another problem is that though she's a wall, she doesn't seem to have any kind of recovery, which severely hinders her walling abilities. Here's what I suggest trying:

Milotic @ Leftovers

Nature: Bold/Calm

Ability: Marvel Scale

EV's: 212 Sp. Def, 252 Def, 44 HP.

Moves:

Sleep Talk
Rest
Scald
Ice Beam/Toxic

Scald will be your move of choice on this set, due to its ability to Burn your opponent. Rest will allow you to regain full health, while also eliminating status conditions and giving your Def stat a nice boost for two turns. By running Sleep Talk, you can ensure that you're not totally helpless during those two turns of sleep, either. Lastly, you have the option of running either Toxic, or Ice Beam. Ice Beam can be used for additional offensive coverage, while Toxic can keep Pokemon like Water Absorb Jellicent from walking all over you.

Staraptor: This is not good. At all. Fly is the worst move in the game, Quick Attack is utterly useless on him, and Final Gambit is just a bad move in general. That's not to say that Staraptor is bad himself, it's just that his current moveset is bad. Try the following:

Staraptor @ Choice Band

Nature: Jolly

Ability: Intimidate

Moves:

U-Turn
Brave Bird
Close Combat
Double-Edge/Return

This set is a lot more destructive than the one you have now, and can punch huge holes in teams that don't prepare for him. U-Turn is a good move to scout your opponent out, dealing damage and keeping Staraptor in top condition to come back later. Brave Bird is a great STAB move, and deals huge amounts of damage, especially with your Band. Close Combat gives you some great coverage, hitting the Rock and Steel types that resist your other moves hard. Finally, you have your Normal STAB to round the set out. Both moves hit hard, with Return being slightly less powerful, but Double-Edge being a touch riskier due to its recoil.

Metagross: Not bad, not the greatest, either.Contrary to popular belief, Metagross really isn't a mixed attacker; he should always go physical. So, here's what I'll suggest:

Metagross @ Air Balloon

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Clear Body

EV's: 252 Atk, 148 HP, 108 Def.

Moves:

Stealth Rock
Bullet Punch
Hammer Arm
Earthquake

His main job is to set up Stealth Rock so that your opponent will have a harder time switching into your Pokemon, and eliminating any Sash holders on the team. He can then start dealing out damage with his priority move. His biggest advantage though is his ability to switch into Excadrill's Earthquake, take a hit from him(even if Exca is at +2 Attack, he shouldn't be able to OHKO with X-Scissor), and then OHKO with Hammer Arm, or, if Exca isn't using a balloon, Earthquake.

Absol: No. That about sums this guy up. He doesn't have priority on him, he's running Ice beam, just...no. He needs work. I suggest this:

Absol @ Choice Scarf

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Super Luck

Moves:

Sucker Punch/Night Slash
Superpower
Megahorn
Psycho Cut

Now that we've gone all physical, Absol should be able to do some more damage. Sucker Punch gives you some priority, but he's Scarfed, so you can run him with Night Slash if you want to try it. Superpower gives him some good coverage, hitting Steel types that resist his STAB moves. Megahorn puts Grass, Dark, and Psychic types down, while Psycho Cut covers his Fighting weakness.

lastly, we have Rotom. First, I would suggest getting him in his Wash form over his Mow form, as it has better typing. He also has access to a better move in Hydro Pump. Here is what I run:

Rotom @ Choice Scarf

Nature: Modest

Ability: Levitate

EV's: 212 Sp. Def, 132 Spd, 120 HP, 44 Def.

Moves:

Trick
Will-o-Wisp
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch

Not sure why, but this is my favorite Rotom set. Trick lets you give your Scarf to one of your opponent's Pokemon, such as a Bronzong. Then you're free to start burning your opponent's physical attackers, and use Volt Switch to inflict damage and get Rotom out before he's KOed. Lastly, Hydro Pump gives you an extra boost in your offensive department.

And that's all the members of your team. All in all, I'd give your team a 5, maybe 6/10. Your biggest problem is synergy-- you don't have any. You only have one defensive Pokemon on your team, and none of the members really help each other. I would suggest finding a core, getting another wall in here, and switching some Pokemon around to benefit your team more. Hope I help in some way.
"We are men of action, lies do not become us." - Westley

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - Inigo Montoya

I wanna spin around on a 45.

+
Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:

Members viewing this thread:
Reply in this thread
Smilies, click to use

Please do not give out personal information on this forum.
By posting on the SuperCheats forums, you agree to adhere to our forum rules.

BB Codes Guide

Please agree to the following Forum Rules to post here

1) Be respectful of others and don't abuse in any way other site users.
2) Please don't post personally identifiable information.
3) No linking to or advertising hacks, cracks, gambling or adult material.
4) Post with a purpose, i.e don't spam or just post a ton of smilies!
5) Remember minors also use this board, so be careful with your language.

I Agree

LINKS FROM THE WEB..