Chaos H8
Post Likes: 0
+
I almost forgot about this so i picked up where i left off

so far here is what i have

[size=18][color=darkred]Basics[/size][/color]
----Teams----
- Teams Should Be Well Balanced
- Teams Should Never Repeat Types(Attacks or Pokemon)

----Pokemon Roles----

Physical Sweeper - A Pokémon with high attack power and a physical movepool wide enough to hit most opposing Pokémon effectively. Physical Sweepers are usually fast, but sometimes have good defenses to make up for their speed instead.

Special Sweeper - A Pokémon with high Special attack power and a special movepool wide enough to hit most opposing Pokémon effectively. In contrast to Physical Sweepers, almost all Special Sweepers are fast (but there are some exceptions). Special Sweepers aren’t quite as good as physical Sweepers for sweeping entire teams, probably because even some of the best Special Sweeper’s base Special Attack isn’t above 125 (compared to 135 for many Physical Sweepers).

Physical Wall - A Pokémon with high Defense, and usually a typing that resists common types of physical attacks, with a movepool that includes moves such as ones that recover HP, stall, etc. Most Physical Walls aren’t fast, but Speed isn’t something they need, anyway. Since Physical Sweepers can be so powerful and can defeat teams that aren’t prepared, Physical Walls exist to stop them and absorb their attacks so the other Pokémon on their team don’t have to take heavy damage, or waste EVs on Defense.

Special Wall - A Pokémon who can absorb damage from Special moves. This role can’t be as easily compared to Physical Walls as Special Sweepers are compared to Physical Sweepers, as Special attacks aren’t as common as Physical attacks.

Mixed Wall - A Pokémon who can absorb pretty much anything. Mixed Walls have both high Defense and Special Defense, and usually have some method of recovery. Mixed Walls aren’t able to wall physical moves as well as Physical Wall, maybe, but they should be able to switch into almost any move that has normal effectiveness.

pHazer - A Pokémon who is able to get rid of any stat-ups that an opposing Pokémon might have attained. Most pHazers are Physical Walls, so you don’t need two Pokémon to cover both roles. The only way to pHaze a Pokémon is to use Roar/Whirlwind or Haze. Both of these have slightly different effects, and either can be preferable, based on the situation. Roar and Whirlwind have no difference, except that Pokémon who have the ability Soundproof are unaffected by Roar. Pokemon with Suction Cup Ability is not effected by Whirlwind or Roar.

Status Absorber - A Pokémon who, even when afflicted with a status condition, can complete its strategy without being hindered. There are many different kinds of Status Absorbers. The most common are Heracross and Milotic.

Spinner - A Pokemon that uses the attack Rapid Spin to get rid of effects from the moves such at Stealth Rck, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Leech Seed.

Annoyer - An Annoyer is a Pokémon whose moveset is made to inflict non-direct damage to an opponent; by this term, I mean moves such as Toxic, Confuse Ray, Leech Seed, Will O’ Wisp etc. These Pokémon usually have good defenses as well as a decent amount of Hit Points. Consider sharing the EV’s among these three stats and having a Bold or Calm nature. Annoyers include Pokémon such as Venusaur and Crobat.

Hazer - A Hazer is a Pokémon whose signature move is Haze. He uses Haze to counterattack Pokémon that use stat increasing moves such as Swords Dance, Cosmic Power etc. A good Speed is preferred but not necessary. A good Defense and a Decent amount of Hit Points would be wise to have just in case the opponent has already pumped himself up (especially those Baton Passing Teams). A subcategory of Hazer, the Pseudohazer, uses moves like Roar and Whirlwind to produce an effect similar to Haze by forcing a switch. Blastoise, Crobat and Vaporeon can -among other things- take up the role of the Hazer.

Baton Passer - A Baton Passer Pokémon, usually works best in a Baton Passing Team. Baton Pass permits Pokémon to pass on added effects to their allies such as those of Calm Mind, Cosmic Power and even Mean Look. A Baton Passer usually has one or more moves or abilities to boost his stats. The types and EV administration can vary very much, but it is generally preferred to have good Defenses and Hit Points. Umbreon and Ninjask make excellent Baton Passers.

Healer - Healers are few but are able to counter Shufflers extremely well. They use moves such as Aromatherapy and Heal Bell to neutralize abnormal status conditions, as well as protective moves like Reflect and Light Screen. These Pokémon must be able to last long enough to support the rest of the team so boosted defenses and Hit Points would do the thing. Miltank, Blissey, Chimecho and Vileplume can all be Healers.

Spiker - Classified under the Shuffler category, the Spiker earns its name by its signature move, Spikes. Its purpose is to use three layers of Spikes along with a status inducing move and force a switch. Skarmory is the best Spiker up until now.
Special Sweeper

Staller - A Staller is a special kind of Tank that uses moves that poison, burn or paralyze. They are also called Toxistallers, Pyrostallers and Parastallers, and use either Toxic, Will O' Wisp and Thunder Wave respectively, along with protective moves such as Protect or Detect and recovery moves such as Rest. They benefit from high defenses and Hit Points, as well as items dtke Leftovers. Preferred Natures are Bold, Impish Careful and Calm. Torkoal, Dusclops and Azumarill make fine Stallers.

Tank - A Tank is a Pokémon made to last and stall time. It usually possesses high defensive stats along with a move that raises defenses such as Cosmic Power, items such as Leftovers and probably a recovery move, Rest or Recover. Preferred Natures are Bold, Impish Careful and Calm which all favor Defense or Special Defense. Torkoal and Blastoise make fine Tanks.

These Are Just Some of The Pokemon Roles

Misc. Information

Starter Pokemon - A Starter Pokémon, or Lead Pokémon, is the Pokémon that is in the first slot in your team. That much you probably could have figured out. But it’s a tough decision, because it’s the Starter Pokémon that kicks off the battle, and plays a part in who gets the first advantage. Ideally, you want your opponent to be scared off by your Starter Pokémon, so they switch; this lets you deal the first blow. Even if you don’t attack, it’s always a good thing to have your opponent running, especially so early in the battle. And what do all of these starters have in common? None of them are perfect. If you’re making a team, don’t feel like you have to have the perfect starter right off the bat. You can choose one after you practice with your team for a while. And as the metagame changes, you’ll probably have to change your starter as well.

Stall Breaking - For this to happen, you’ll need at least one heavy hitter in your team. This is a must, as you won’t want your matches to be too long. Remember that there are plenty of stalling teams out there, and you’ll need the power to break through the defenses they’ll use. A choice bander, coupled with good prediction on your side is ideal, and there are other specific things that are designed to break through stall. For example, most Tyranitars are excellent to beat defensive teams, specially the ones with 404 Hp, as they can make subs, unbreakable by Blissey’s seismic toss (A regular in stall teams), and because it can switch easily into Skarmory (Another regular). This way, you get a safe sub, and the ability to hurt the others member heavily. Don’t stick with these ways, though. Experiment and make your own ways too.

Type Resisting, and Special Moves Coverage
Aside from covering the most standard Pokemon, you’ll need to resist types. This is very important, because there are specific moves which are really hard to beat, unless you have something that resists it typewise. Here’s a list with the types you should have something resistant too:

- Normal (Specially normal CB’ers like Tauros, Dodrio or Slaking)
- Water (Bulky waters like Milotic using Surf)
- Electric (Zapdos and Raikou being the most common ones)
- Ice (Ice beaming and Ice Punch)
- Ground (CB earthquakes)
- Rock (Tyranitar and Aerodactyl)
- Fighting (Really important for CB focus punches and brick breaks)
- Bug (Heracross)
- Steel (Metagross)
- Flying (Salamence)
- There are more not listed here i just wanted to give you a little insight to ths information.

Beating Stat Uppers
You’ll usually find a lot of things trying to stat up and sweep your team. To counter this, you’ll need something that can dissipate stat ups, by using either the move Haze or Roar/Whirlwind. However, you can also counter these by sending in a Pokemon that resists the stat upper’s move, without using any hazer. But, keep in mind that for some things like Ninjask or Baton pass Celebi, it’s preferably that you use some Hazer, as a Baton passer can be difficult you beat without any of those.

Building the Team

Natures

« Last edited by Chaos H8 on Jan 10th 2008 »
+
Post ID: 2073260 Posted at: 10-Jan-2008 09:47:10
marty963
+
Thank you its about freakin time someone made this, even after I try to tell people how to make a team they ignore me and get their team destroyed...reminds me of....me back in the days..lol

good job chaos

Ps: you forgot some roles like annoyer, healer, baton passer, hazer, spiker, staller, and tank wow never actually looked back and seen how many there are
[center]Sig and avy by RJ Fighter

GT: xBIaZin Ace
PSN: Blazin_Ace_

The second letter in GT is an "I"

If you want to add me send me a msg telling me you are from SC.

[Color=red]Modern Warfare 2 Pwner[/center]

+
Post ID: 2073267 Posted at: 10-Jan-2008 10:07:50
Chaos H8
+
yea i am not complete yet and now that i am off work for 2 weeks with a messed up leg i can finish working on it and hopefully have everything done by the time i have to go back to work
+
Post ID: 2073895 Posted at: 10-Jan-2008 19:57:02
EspeonDude_
+
Um, a P-Hazer doesn't include Haze. Hazers like Weezing use Haze. Skarmory is an example of a P-Hazer.

Anyway I'll help you with it over MSN if you want.

[hmespeon -at- hotmail -dot- com] <~ MSN.
+
Post ID: 2083154 Posted at: 17-Jan-2008 22:18:51
PokemonDiamond40
Post Likes: 1
+
Good job Chaos i like this guide

Tourneys won: 12
Our Spike Compilation Vid
My Team
My Pit Trick Video
thx trainer saphire for the awesome sig ^_^
+
Post ID: 2083160 Posted at: 17-Jan-2008 22:21:51
Chaos H8
+
it is nowhere near complete
+
Post ID: 2097963 Posted at: 30-Jan-2008 19:31:05
Chaos H8
+
i had this complete and i reformatted my computer and lost the entire guide therefore i will have to do it over but i am not going to do it anytime soon as i do not have the time.
+
Post ID: 2113589 Posted at: 09-Feb-2008 20:19:09
Entei_eruption
+
pinning this because it is very usefull to new people
[center]
Sig made by me
Paired with Chaos H8,Mr.Clueless,Kaisern_x
+
Post ID: 2113602 Posted at: 09-Feb-2008 20:25:33
Chaos H8
+
i unpinned it so please this time leave it un-pinned cause i lost this guide when my computer crashed last month

« Last edited by Chaos H8 on Feb 9th 2008 »
+
Post ID: 2113606 Posted at: 09-Feb-2008 20:26:36
DemonOfSand
+
He was going to start over.
My Aipom is famous for being the strongest Aipom ever on this site.
Join Team Shadow Hawks

^My Latest^
+
Post ID: 2123360 Posted at: 16-Feb-2008 01:03:54
redbaron645
+
you might want to include something about "theme" teams. like teams based around one pokemon. also, different playstyles. for intance, someone who hates stall isn't going to go with a team of skarm, blissey, hippowdon, cresselia, suicune, and spiritomb. include stuff about baton pass teams and how to get around them. also, stall and offensive teams. you may want to mention something about synergy. it depends on what level player the guide is aimed at, i guess...
I will Eat Ur BRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also known as Stathakis on Smogon and Shoddy
+
Post ID: 2127317 Posted at: 18-Feb-2008 16:03:15
Gallade_Dude
+
just saying but u forgot serious for a nature

^credit goes to .Impact for the sig^
Name:Wolf
Fc:3267 2809 7837
+
Post ID: 2127784 Posted at: 18-Feb-2008 21:00:10
Chaos H8
+
To Prevent further bumping i am closing as i have to start all over on this guide and i will do it as soon as i get a chance.

[b][Closed][/b]
+
Displaying Page 1 of 1. | Go To Page:

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by Chaos H8

LINKS FROM THE WEB..