Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon White

Usage of the Touch Screen

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Glaceon Posted at: 08:30 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833550
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
+
Do you think B/W will have a Poketch or Pokegear related item you can use throughout your journey? If so, what would you like to see? What furthur usages of the touchscreen do you think will be used?

In my opinion, the Pokegear sucks. Other than the ability to call people and tune radio, it isn't that special. I want the Poketch back, as it was somewhat more useful. Maybe a hybrid of the two, but please don't make us call people or recieve calls from people to battle them again, as it takes too long. (Vs Seeker is WAY better). Give us ideas.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
Ninetailed Fox Posted at: 10:31 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833589
Ninetailed Fox
Kitsune
Post Likes: 6
+
+
They'll most likely come up with something new. Theres a chance it'll just be something simple, though I wouldn't mind having something like Pokegear with a few changes.

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
coachcline Posted at: 19:57 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833859
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
I'd like to see a Poketch/Pokegear hybrid. The Pokegear is good cause it has the map & the radio. But in SS I find myself really wishin' I had the Poketch at times because of all the apps. And instead of a VS Seeker I hope they just make it to where you walk up to somebody & ask for a battle. And they should also put in a phone for people to call you, Gym rematches, etc.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Star_Meteor_Dragon Posted at: 20:17 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833870
Star_Meteor_Dragon
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I loved how much SS relied on the touch screen. Being able to have a small button on the touch screen instead of A was a good idea, although I didn't find myself using it a lot. Same with Yes/No choices and the Auto-Run deal. I don't use them a lot, but I like having the choice.

I like both the Pokegear and the Poketch, but I hate it when Trainers call me and start bragging about their Rattata.
"Aren't I the best?"
"This isn't about you. THIS IS ABOUT THE FATE OF PINK-HAIRED WOMEN."

Pokemon Black FC: Audrey 3869 3198 3434
Glaceon Posted at: 21:04 Apr19 2010 Post ID: 2833886
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
+
Good point.

Frankly, I didn't like the Pokegear or the touch screen usage of the yes/no choices as it kinda slows it down a bit, but for those that use the touch screen it's much more useful.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
marielue5 Posted at: 00:27 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836638
marielue5
+
+
coachcline said:I'd like to see a Poketch/Pokegear hybrid. The Pokegear is good cause it has the map & the radio. But in SS I find myself really wishin' I had the Poketch at times because of all the apps. And instead of a VS Seeker I hope they just make it to where you walk up to somebody & ask for a battle. And they should also put in a phone for people to call you, Gym rematches, etc.

I agree with this post. How easy and much more convenient would it be to just be able to go up to someone and ask to re-battle them. I don't understand why that seems to be against the law of Pokemon games lol.

As for further usage of the touch screen, I think it would be cool to implement a new battle system, rather then randomly getting critical hits you have to do something skillful on the touch screen, and your opponent has to do something skillful to defend the critical. If they did this I think it could not only make the game more fun, but also make competitive battling a strategic reactive battle, rather then just strategy like they have now. I know that this could probably upset some competitive battle purists, but I think it actually adds more skill to battling, rather then random chance.
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

sphynxx Posted at: 06:01 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836674
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
Have to agree with Coach's post.

I never understood why the people you defeat, just stand in the same place, even after you defeated them. I think, along with something like being able to just walk up to someone & asking for a battle; we have a system, whether a phone call or a Vs Seeker, that allows those that really want to battle quite badly can get in touch so we know for sure they're willing to battle.

As well as seeing people taking off to PokeCenters/using revives/max revives on their pokemon after being defeated - Why is it that if we get beaten, we black out & 'rush to the pokemon center cradling our pokemon to shield them from further harm' or whatever it is; but no-one else ever does.

I wouldn't mind seeing a hybrid of the two coming back, but as someone else said; scrap the phone, I hate getting calls from some idiot saying "my rattata is in the top percent of rattata" when I'm already so far into the game I have a lvl 70 Tyrannitar lol

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
InvertAlpha Posted at: 17:21 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836807
InvertAlpha
Coyote of the Void
Post Likes: 6
+
+
Glaceon said:Do you think B/W will have a Poketch or Pokegear related item you can use throughout your journey? If so, what would you like to see? What furthur usages of the touchscreen do you think will be used?

In my opinion, the Pokegear sucks. Other than the ability to call people and tune radio, it isn't that special. I want the Poketch back, as it was somewhat more useful. Maybe a hybrid of the two, but please don't make us call people or recieve calls from people to battle them again, as it takes too long. (Vs Seeker is WAY better). Give us ideas.

I take it you didn't play the original Gold and Silver.
Enter the Shattered Realm - At your own discretion.

Shoutout to the year I only used liking FS/N to have an excuse to make signatures
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u Posted at: 04:00 Apr27 2010 Post ID: 2836944
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u
+
+
Gear was stupid.

Didn't even go for the touch screen, just pressed X like normal to access the start menu.

« Last edited by Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u on Apr 27th 2010 »
Support Capitalism; buy more **** you don't need.
hatershateme Posted at: 05:56 Apr28 2010 Post ID: 2837287
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
+
Or, maybe we will see something new.

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

marielue5 Posted at: 13:04 May03 2010 Post ID: 2839945
marielue5
+
+
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u said:Gear was stupid.

Didn't even go for the touch screen, just pressed X like normal to access the start menu.

Lol I agree, and that's what I did. It shouldn't be a pain to add something to the touch screen, but rather should feel natural. The touch screen ideas they implement into Pokemon right now are just a pain to use, and not really a necessity, that needs to change.
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

Dark Breloom Posted at: 21:56 May06 2010 Post ID: 2841337
Dark Breloom
Post Likes: 95
+
+
marielue5 said:

Lol I agree, and that's what I did. It shouldn't be a pain to add something to the touch screen, but rather should feel natural. The touch screen ideas they implement into Pokemon right now are just a pain to use, and not really a necessity, that needs to change.

So you're saying it's harder to use your menu and that the PC sucks? That's strange, because I have find it so much easier it's not funny.
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u Posted at: 23:57 May06 2010 Post ID: 2841360
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u
+
+
Dark Breloom said:
marielue5 said:

So you're saying it's harder to use your menu and that the PC sucks? That's strange, because I have find it so much easier it's not funny.

You see, I can scroll through about six boxes etc by the time I get the styless out...

I'm not saying that its harder; it's just too much of a bother to get the styless out and that it takes less time selecting the option you want manually.
Dark Breloom Posted at: 14:22 May07 2010 Post ID: 2841509
Dark Breloom
+
+
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u said:
Dark Breloom said:
marielue5 said:

You see, I can scroll through about six boxes etc by the time I get the styless out...

I'm not saying that its harder; it's just too much of a bother to get the styless out and that it takes less time selecting the option you want manually.

I'm not referring to scrolling; I'm referring to the way you can just pick up a pokemon and carry it around very easily.
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u Posted at: 07:08 May08 2010 Post ID: 2841796
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u
+
+
Dark Breloom said:I'm not referring to scrolling; I'm referring to the way you can just pick up a pokemon and carry it around very easily.

Pick up with 'A' scroll to where you want it to go, place with 'A'.

It's not that hard.
Dark Breloom Posted at: 16:07 May08 2010 Post ID: 2842039
Dark Breloom
+
+
Lyk I iz 2 orshu 4u said:
Dark Breloom said:I'm not referring to scrolling; I'm referring to the way you can just pick up a pokemon and carry it around very easily.

Pick up with 'A' scroll to where you want it to go, place with 'A'.

It's not that hard.

But it's much quicker.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 548969

Post Top
Click to close