Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon White

Moderator Applications: Pokemon White

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

qwertyuio Posted at: 01:08 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834430
qwertyuio
Bite the Bullet
Post Likes: 10
+
+
It's been decided that the Pokemon White forum is in need of some new moderators. So, everyone who wishes to have a chance at becoming a moderator for this forum, post a few paragraph long application and the smod/admin team(s) will make our decisions 9 days from now. We will be adding one moderator at the most. You have one week from this thread's creation to create and post an application. A last peace of advice, make sure you're familiar with both of these excerpts from the S&P FAQ:

"Moderators: Moderators, also known as Mods, enforce rules on a forum-wide scale. They have the power to Close, Move and Delete threads, as well as Delete posts, all inside the forum/s they moderate. A moderator will report any trouble in the Mod Squad forum if he/she is unable to act on it his/herself so that the case may be handled by a Super Moderator or Administrator. Moderators know what they're talking about most of the time, so it's best to listen to them; they got their position for a reason."

"Become a Moderator:

Moderators are normally the first-responders to any forum based issues. They manage the majority of the forum, because of this we make it very hard to become one. Moderators are chosen by hand. We do it like this, an application thread is made by either a Super Mod or Admin in the forum that the applications are for. In it, everyone who wishes to become a moderator writes up a few paragraph long applications as to why they think they should be a moderator and why they would like the positions. After about a week after the initial thread creation the moderators will be chosen by a vote conducted between the super moderators and administrators. Only apply if you have been on the forums for at least 2 months and have more than 50 posts in it. No more than 4 people will ever be added to a forum/hub. Moderators are chosen whenever it's decided that someone needs to be added by the smods/admins. Threads asking for the creation of an application thread without the consent of a super moderator or administrator are not allowed and will be closed."

Here are some guidelines as to what you could put in your app, but these are by no means requirements:

• Intro- Tell who you are and what position you want. [*] Why you would like the position.
  • What Moderating means to you. Would you want a Moderator's position like this for the power, for the title, what?
  • What you've done for the forum. How much activity, good topics, post quality, etc.
  • Site history. Have you had run ins with the staff of SuperCheats? Were they good or bad?
  • What qualities you posses that could benefit the forum if you were made a Moderator there.
  • Are you trying to improve on yourself as a Member of the site? Why and how?
  • Why you think you should get the spot.
  • [*] Ending- Finish up your app.
    Voted Best Nazi Mod Ever <3
    Glaceon Posted at: 08:43 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834499
    Glaceon
    Tempus fugit
    Post Likes: 21
    +
    +
    Hello, My name's Glaceon (or Glai), and I'm applying for the Pokemon White Forum. I'm applying for reasons that will be stated in my application.

Moderating is a responsibility for the particular areas he/she mods. It is also a state of 'command' to take action in an incident or issue that occurs in the forum he/she mods. On a lighter note, Moderators also serve as a source of help, as most Moderators selected have sufficient knowledge for that forum he/she mods. Therefore, one of the reasons why I'd like to mod this forum is because I want to both help anyone who needs it, and take action when needed.

I've been in Pokemon White (And Pokemon Black) for the past few weeks, about three days after the forum was made. I've been posting there regularly and many of my posts there consist of either game ideas or supporting one's idea, then explaining it. I have made a few topics on Pokemon White that unfortunately didn't recieve the best attention, so I will improve on that. My activity there on a scale of 1-10 would be an 8. I do hope that as a Moderator, I can help with activity in this forum and construct better topics.

Here's the part that many of you won't like. My site history has not been the best, as there have been times I have blown off steam in T&C, thus giving me bans. I regret every one of those. Therefore, I have not been displaying my anger on SC, as I shouldn't have to cause a scene or drama in T&C, thus setting a bad example. As much as this section may lower my chances of becoming a Moderator, I've changed alot since the last time I got banned, and I assure you that I will not display my anger in a dramatic way ever again on SC.

There are many ways I can improve/benefit the forum. For starters, I have alot of knowledge on Pokemon, and I always have great ideas for many of the topics on Pokemon White. I will be there as much as I can to help anyone or monitering posts made to keep the forum clean. I can turn many of my ideas into topics as we get more information on Pokemon White (considering someone doesn't beat me to it).

I am trying to improve myself as a member. As I stated two paragraphs above, I haven't been the best member on SC, so ever since then I've been improving myself to become a better member. If I didn't think I had improved enough, I probably wouldn't be typing this application. I have become better by having a different attitude on SC than I do in reality, so if I have a stressful day I won't take it here. I've also become better by helping out people more, such as submitting answers for questions. I believe I have improved greatly as a member in the past few months, so there's another reason why I'm applying.

I think I should get the spot for valid reasons. For starters, I'm a good source of ideas to keep Pokemon White interesting. I also am obligated to both helping people in this forum, and keeping the forum clean. I will Moderate to the best of my ability. I also think that this is a good opportunity to have Pokemon White as my first Mod position, and to show everyone what I can do as a Mod.

To sum it up, Although I haven't had the best history, I wouldn't see it as a reason to prevent me from getting a spot, as I believe I've grown past my issues on SC. If chosen, I will do the best I possibly can. I will fulfill my responsibility to the fullest. I'll keep Pokemon White going as I know it will grow as we get more information on this game.

Thank you for reading my application for Pokemon White. Best of luck to all who apply.

~Glai

« Last edited by Glaceon on Apr 26th 2010 »
    ~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
    Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
    Forgoten_Scars Posted at: 14:11 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834585
    Forgoten_Scars
    Orbis terrarum est mei
    Post Likes: 28
    +
    +
    I want to receive spot X, please

X = Pokemanz White.
    Glaceon Posted at: 15:07 Apr21 2010 Post ID: 2834603
    Glaceon
    Tempus fugit
    Post Likes: 21
    +
    +
    Forgoten_Scars said:I want to receive spot X, please

X = Pokemanz White.

Nice app, Derek. :P
    ~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
    Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
    hatershateme Posted at: 01:39 Apr24 2010 Post ID: 2835668
    hatershateme
    Mr. Forum Games!
    Post Likes: 4
    +
    +
    Hello, It's Joshua.

The Mod Spot I would like is the Pokemon White forum.I want this Mod Spot because I really enjoy playing Pokemon. I have for 8 1/2 years straight. I know the basic understanding of the Pokemon series, and a little bit more. Such as Competitive play. When these games are released, I'm going to buy them for sure. To keep up with the Pokemon series. These are the only Pokemon games that interest me the most. Pokemon is just overall fun.

My history is not the greatest. But I have made up for it. I Mod 3 Forums, would really love for it to be 4. The forums I Mod are; Halo Hub, Pokemon Battle Forum, and New Members: Welcome Forum.
    Well, Halo Hub is not that active anymore, I tried to bring it to life. But people just don't post in the Halo Hub. Pokemon Battle forum, is overall active. I try to keep up on mistakes and correct them for others. I watch for this forum in the Latest Posts, I see a post, I read the post, and do the actions needed. Same for the New Members Welcome forum. This was my first Mod Spot. I have learned since the Modding rules for this forum, and also, many others.

I know many people on SuperCheats. Some people would say I'm a good person. I don't get mad over things on the internet. I'm very calm minded over internet, and In real life. I'm very active. Just I don't post. I watch the forums I mod very well, and would continue to do so if I get this spot.

If I need help with anything, I have a MSN. I would ask around for help if I needed some.

Sincerly,
    Joshua (hatershateme)

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Youkou Posted at: 04:05 Apr24 2010 Post ID: 2835688
    Youkou
    C:\Program Files
    Post Likes: 1
    +
    +
    Intro- Tell who you are and what position you want.
  • Why you would like the position.
  • I'm Youkou ...hi ^^

What Moderating means to you. Would you want a Moderator's position like this for the power, for the title, what?
    Power and title

What you've done for the forum. How much activity, good topics, post quality, etc.
    Nothing :/

Site history. Have you had run ins with the staff of SuperCheats? Were they good or bad?
    No, never would dare that

What qualities you posses that could benefit the forum if you were made a Moderator there.
    I can catch them all!!

Are you trying to improve on yourself as a Member of the site? Why and how?
    No and dunno

Why you think you should get the spot.
    Cuz I can sing Pokerface by Lady Gaga backwards ^^

• Ending- Finish up your app.
  • Wut? o_O

« Last edited by Youkou on Apr 24th 2010 »
    tegan41 Posted at: 16:56 Apr24 2010 Post ID: 2836023
    tegan41
    Matt
    Post Likes: 6
    +
    +
    Hey all, I'm tegan41, and I would like this spot (Pokemon White) because I want to be apart of the Super Cheats staff again, I miss the old days, and I can't wait for Pokemon White to come out. Moderating to me is helping keep the forums clean from anything that breaks the rules, and being able to help people. The title is great and all, but being able to help people is better. I have been a member for almost 3 years, I have 3000 posts, and I was a moderator for several spots at one point in time. I had to quit because of school, and I didn't have time for really anything. I am back full time now, and I plan on being an exceptional member.

I was once banned from the site, but got the ban removed when I proved I didn't do it. After that, I received Mod Spots, and all was well. Besides that, I have been dedicated, haven't broken any rules (this doesn't include a few post deletions due to wrong forum, etc.) I'm wanting to prove that I can be an exceptional moderator, and being a moderator would give me a reason to continually post, and be a model member. As for why I should get the spot, I think because I have always been a good member, been picked for several spots before, including Suggestions and Problems, and many other small spots. I currently don't moderate any forums, so my attention would be solely on this one. I have been with the Pokemon games since the first generation and I plan on staying with the series.

THank you, Tegan41 or Matt

Edit: I forgot to add in that I have very good grammar, and can post replies to topics that are relevant and worth reading.

« Last edited by tegan41 on Apr 26th 2010 »
    Star_Meteor_Dragon Posted at: 00:52 Apr30 2010 Post ID: 2838092
    Star_Meteor_Dragon
    Post Likes: 0
    +
    +
    Hello, I'm Star_Meteor_Dragon, and I would like to apply for the Pokemon Black and White Forums.

To me, Moderating isn't about the power or the title. Moderating is about helping others and keeping the Forum being moderated orderly. Moderating also means knowing and upholding the forum rules set by our Admins. I believe that I know said rules well enough to be able to handle any incidents that may happen.

I am not as active in these forums as others, but I try my best to get some posts in every day. I also do my best to contribute to conversations I take interest in. Quality is something I try to put in every one of my posts. I do this not just to make it more worthwhile to read. I also want to make my posts easy to read, as well. I never use text talk in the forums, and I like to have at least a couple of sentences in most of my posts.

My site history on Supercheats has been quite good. I follow the rules as best I can, and I am generally very courteous to fellow members, not just Moderators. There has been an occasion in which I have flamed another in an episode of what most call 'T&C Drama', and I did receive warnings for that. However, I have indeed learned from that mistake, and I have not flamed another ever since. I have not had any other significant problems with any staff members.

I personally believe I have the qualities necessary to constitute a good, responsible moderator. I am generally very calm-mannered. This means that if ever a situation comes up, I would not let anger govern my actions. Another quality I possess are good grammar skills. I refrain from using text talk in the Forums. I realize that text talk makes posts rather annoying and hard to read, and this is why I use proper grammar, although I do make mistakes at times. I am also known for making typos, but then again, who doesn't? Yet another quality I possess is knowing how to say what I need to. When I say things, I find no use in sugarcoating things, nor do I want to be unnecessarily harsh with saying things, either. This, I believe, would make me a good Mod, along with my two other qualities.

I am indeed trying to improve myself as a Member. I want to achieve this by helping keep the site's post quality up, and I believe becoming a Mod can help me with this. Helping is one of my favorite things to do, and I do it very eagerly.

I believe I should get the spot because I have a good knowledge of Pokemon. My first version was Yellow, and I have been playing Pokemon ever since. This isn't the only reason, either. I also like to come up with new ideas and theories, which is the reason I like this Forum so much that I would like to Moderate it. I am also quite active all over SC. I am able to get on very frequently, at least an hour every day, too.

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy day to read my application!
    ~Star_Meteor_Dragon
    "Aren't I the best?"
    "This isn't about you. THIS IS ABOUT THE FATE OF PINK-HAIRED WOMEN."

Pokemon Black FC: Audrey 3869 3198 3434
    Stardevil Posted at: 13:26 Apr30 2010 Post ID: 2838217
    Stardevil
    Post Likes: 0
    +
    +
    I would like to apply for moderator on the Pokemon White Forum because I believe I can help in making sure the forum stays a safe and fun place. I know I'm new here but that doesn't mean I can't do a good job. Here are my qualifications.
    1:I have moderator experience and I am a mod at www.blockcommunity.net
    2:I have played and beaten every Pokemon version to date.
    3:I am really active on this site and I will help anyone who needs it.
    I'm a super mod for www.blockcommunity.net come visit and learn about the game we're developing.
    Volke Posted at: 04:01 May01 2010 Post ID: 2838606
    Volke
    Executioner
    Post Likes: 33
    +
    +
    Okay, you guys have had plenty of time to apply, so this ends here.

Thanks to all who applied. We'll inform you of the results shortly.

UnPinning...

Closing...
    Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
    This topic has been closed by 388171

Post Top
    Click to close