Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon White

A New Beginning

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

tegan41 Posted at: 14:39 Apr24 2010 Post ID: 2835881
tegan41
Matt
Post Likes: 6
+
+
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of the classic beginnings. What if they did something like Pokemon Colosseum, or something. I think they should do something along the lines of this.

'It's night. You are walking home from your friend's/rival's house. All of a sudden you are pushed into a dark alley and a gang of people (you later find out they're the team in that game) start to attack you. Just as they start to attack you, a Pokemon rushes to your aid. All in a blur, it's over and the gang members are running away. You look over to the Pokemon and have a choice of what to say. Whatever you say determines which starter you pick. The Pokemon then drops a pokeball out of it's mouth and you get the picture that it wants you to use it on it. You then rush home and have a message on your phone. And this starts your journey.'

The choices could be something like "Wow, you got me all wet, but thanks." or "Wow, you burned them up." or "I can't believe all of the leaves that surrounded you." Thos wouldn't be the responses but something like it.

SO how would you like to see the game start.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
sphynxx Posted at: 20:55 Apr24 2010 Post ID: 2836200
sphynxx
.:I Am What You Fear Most:.
Post Likes: 102
+
+
I agree; I'm sick of how these games are the same format each & every time.

Pick three stupid starters because 'your supposed to' & the whole deal with fighting against the teams instead of being able to join them etc

I want more bloody choices that effect the game; not playing to a very very rigid format of the game.

<3 to Craizen for the Avatar & TheLlama for the Signature.

"Forever in this heart of mine, an everlasting bond. From now until the end of time, are memories so fond."

Juli said:I am officially a Sphynx fangirl. C:
coachcline Posted at: 22:09 Apr24 2010 Post ID: 2836229
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
That would be cool. Even though the way you get the Gen IV starters is different where you find Rowan's briefcase. It would be nice if Pokemon got a darker, more edgy take this Generation.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
tegan41 Posted at: 18:38 Apr25 2010 Post ID: 2836492
tegan41
Matt
+
+
Even with finding the starters in rowan's briefcase, all they did was change the location of where you find them. I also agree about the darker outlook thing. They need to do something that would make the older fans get into it better.
Glaceon Posted at: 19:08 Apr25 2010 Post ID: 2836505
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
Post Likes: 21
+
+
tegan41 said:I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of the classic beginnings. What if they did something like Pokemon Colosseum, or something. I think they should do something along the lines of this.

'It's night. You are walking home from your friend's/rival's house. All of a sudden you are pushed into a dark alley and a gang of people (you later find out they're the team in that game) start to attack you. Just as they start to attack you, a Pokemon rushes to your aid. All in a blur, it's over and the gang members are running away. You look over to the Pokemon and have a choice of what to say. Whatever you say determines which starter you pick. The Pokemon then drops a pokeball out of it's mouth and you get the picture that it wants you to use it on it. You then rush home and have a message on your phone. And this starts your journey.'

The choices could be something like "Wow, you got me all wet, but thanks." or "Wow, you burned them up." or "I can't believe all of the leaves that surrounded you." Thos wouldn't be the responses but something like it.

SO how would you like to see the game start.

That would be awesome...The beginnings need to be more like this. It'd make the game way more epic.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Click to go to my new TLG&W site
Sig by Shay

E-mail/IM me at trekky4ever(at)rocketmail(dot)com
tegan41 Posted at: 19:17 Apr25 2010 Post ID: 2836515
tegan41
Matt
+
+
I believe it would too. Even if they just did something different but not exactly like that, it would make you not feel like, "Here we go again. Same old design as all the rest of the games."
Glaceon Posted at: 19:42 Apr25 2010 Post ID: 2836536
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
+
+
I gotcha. It would make more sense to create an event that gets you your starter rather than grabbing one out of a case or the Prof. giving it to you.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Sig by Shay

tegan41 Posted at: 20:36 Apr25 2010 Post ID: 2836578
tegan41
Matt
+
+
It would add an element to the game that would make people look forward to playing the game.
Glaceon Posted at: 08:14 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836697
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
+
+
That was what I was trying to say. XD

But yes.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Sig by Shay

tegan41 Posted at: 10:20 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836710
tegan41
Matt
+
+
Ahh okay, we're all in agreement that things need drastically changed.
Glaceon Posted at: 14:09 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836759
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
+
+
Yup.

Hmm...I feel like we're giving eachother ideas on the same topic in 2 different topics. 0_o
~Keep Moving Forward~

Sig by Shay

marielue5 Posted at: 14:44 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836767
marielue5
+
+
I agree with the original post, I think that anything different would be a improvement. Very good idea though, and I would be fine with what you said. Although I think its more then the beginning, the whole theme of this game needs to be different and unique. If they made the game a little more epic and a little more dark I think it would be sweet.
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

tegan41 Posted at: 14:49 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836768
tegan41
Matt
+
+
Marielue, even if they changed the entire storyline except for the brginning, the beginning is what you first look at when playing the game. If the brginning is the same, you will get that feeling of dread, "Ohh boy, here I go again."
Glaceon Posted at: 14:53 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836769
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
+
+
Tegan is right, marielue.

To get the thought that "Hey, this is gonna be interesting" is the right thought.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Sig by Shay

marielue5 Posted at: 14:57 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836773
marielue5
+
+
No I agree with you, I'm saying they should change the beginning as well as the middle and end. I'm saying it gets old to have the same beginning, beat 8 gym's, then beat the elite for. While I think they should keep the gym battles I don't think the gym battles should be the whole game, they should make a bigger and more epic storyline. Maybe your quest should mean more, rather then just beating gyms you have to go on quests that are epic and meaningful. I think that this would give your quest a fresh and more meaningful feeling.
fc 0301-9016-8239

Glaceon Posted at: 14:58 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836774
Glaceon
Tempus fugit
+
+
You've got the right idea, marielue. If that can be implemented with maybe more regions you can go to (Kanto, Sinnoh, etc.) That'd be awesome as well.
~Keep Moving Forward~

Sig by Shay

marielue5 Posted at: 15:14 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836776
marielue5
+
+
Glaceon said:You've got the right idea, marielue. If that can be implemented with maybe more regions you can go to (Kanto, Sinnoh, etc.) That'd be awesome as well.

I think that they can make this game still appeal to kids, and at the same time give the epic journey feel to the older people that play this game. Maybe this goes to far but I think that if they made peoples lives at steak for some of your missions it would make the game feel more real and more meaningful.

I also think they need to do a better job of making you feel like your battling a legend when battling a legend. I think it should be harder to get to the legend and again, it should feel more epic, they could also make the missions a lot longer with the legends as well. I'll give you a example, rather then just going into a cave and seeing mewtwo you should have to go on a whole side quest to find out where mewtwo is and how to find him. And through that side quest you get mewtwo, but in order to get him you had to go on that quest, it could not be skipped.

Lol, I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy, I just think this game could be made a lot better then other pokemon games have been made in the past. But I do agree, the beginning does need changed as well.

« Last edited by marielue5 on Apr 26th 2010 »
fc 0301-9016-8239

tegan41 Posted at: 15:23 Apr26 2010 Post ID: 2836779
tegan41
Matt
+
+
marielue5 said:
Glaceon said:You've got the right idea, marielue. If that can be implemented with maybe more regions you can go to (Kanto, Sinnoh, etc.) That'd be awesome as well.

I think that they can make this game still appeal to kids, and at the same time give the epic journey feel to the older people that play this game. Maybe this goes to far but I think that if they made peoples lives at steak for some of your missions it would make the game feel more real and more meaningful.

I also think they need to do a better job of making you feel like your battling a legend when battling a legend. I think it should be harder to get to the legend and again, it should feel more epic, they could also make the missions a lot longer with the legends as well. I'll give you a example, rather then just going into a cave and seeing mewtwo you should have to go on a whole side quest to find out where mewtwo is and how to find him. And through that side quest you get mewtwo, but in order to get him you had to go on that quest, it could not be skipped.

Lol, I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy, I just think this game could be made a lot better then other pokemon games have been made in the past. But I do agree, the beginning does need changed as well.

I totally agree with you. The reason I posted a defensive argument is because this is about the beginning. Me and Glaceon have been discussing the entire story elsewhere. The legendary idea is great too. That would make the game more challenging rather then going through a cave and using the masterball.
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close