Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon White

Best competitive defensive pokemon...?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

StussyBoy-- Posted at: 08:37 Mar19 2011 Post ID: 2976816
StussyBoy--
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I'm currently making a team to take online (having not done any Wi-Fi battling on B/W yet), and I need something heavily defensive just as a rock really. I'm fairly new to the whole idea of competitive battling and have just started making a team on PokeSav.

Any ideas for movesets/abilities/natures etc would be appreciated, and try to keep it as a Generation V pokemon as I want to explore the mechanics a bit further. Thanks!
Platinum FC:
Joe - 1977 8850 1622

Pearl FC:
Joe - 2149 6837 9986

SoulSilver FC:
Joe - 2279 1471 9900

I've only just got Wi-Fi, so I am up for a battle or trade anytime:')!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Symmetry Posted at: 13:38 Mar19 2011 Post ID: 2976865
Symmetry
+
+
Hmmm, you might want to go for Nattorei/Ferrothorn;it has a weakness to Fighting-Type moves, but its defenses are so ridiculously high that they shouldn't be too much of a problem. Um, but avoid Fire-Type moves and, especially, Speed Boost Blaziken like the plague. Its pre-evolution, Ferroseed, is actually pretty easy to come by;just look around in Chargestone Cave.

Ferrothorn has a base Defense of 131, a base Special Defense of 116, a good Attack of 94, but don't expect it to outspeed anything. Since it's so slow, actually, you'd want to give it Gyro Ball, which it learns naturally, anyway. Also consider giving it Power Whip for some nice dual STAB.

It you want it to set up hazards, breed a female Ferroseed with a male Cacnea/Cacturne(for Spikes) or breed a female Ferroseed with a male Roggenrola(for Stealth Rock).
If you want it to be really annoying and wall everything that looks at it funny, get a hold of a male Cottonee and breed it with your female Ferroseed for Leech Seed.

Iron Barbs is a great ability(it's like Rough Skin), which is good because I don't think Ferroseed gets a Dream World ability....

As for natures, run a speed reducing one so that Gyro Ball is always at its strongest. Brave, Relaxed, or Sassy are good choices.

If you decide to go with Ferrothorn, I might suggest putting a Jellicent in there someplace;the two cover each others' weaknesses quite well.

*Takes a deep breath* X_x
Well, a time-traveling phone booth can only take you so far...
hatershateme Posted at: 14:49 Mar19 2011 Post ID: 2976882
hatershateme
Mr. Forum Games!
Post Likes: 4
+
+
Symmetry- Are you into competitive battling? Thats some good advice

superbird5005 is Bae

Sig and Avy: Craizen

sphynxx said:Step aside people, Mr. forum games coming through. ;)

Symmetry Posted at: 15:20 Mar19 2011 Post ID: 2976897
Symmetry
+
+
Thanks. ;3

Eh, I dabble a little bit. I mostly read about it since I'm too lazy to go battle. ;;
(Yeah, I'm that lazy. XD)
Well, a time-traveling phone booth can only take you so far...
coachcline Posted at: 21:36 Mar19 2011 Post ID: 2977043
coachcline
Just call me Coach
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Another thing to add about Ferrothorn, make it hold Rocky Helmet. It'll cause more damage when it makes physical contact.

Siggy proudly brought to you by .Impact!
[insert random quote or phrase that makes the sig space look less bare]
Forum Guest Posted at: 13:34 Feb11 2013 Post ID: 3213870
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
scrafty has extemely high defense and sp defense. Use it with crunch and high jump kick and u have dual STAB moves plus it is immune to psychic so that adds as a bonus. Another thing is to make sure it has the ability moxie so your attack goes up with each opponent you KO
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Forum Guest Posted at: 21:25 Mar13 2013 Post ID: 3224331
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
another pokemon with the highest def of any pokemon in the game Shuckle, at level 75 it has 416 defense and 367 special defense, but the bad thing is his health, speed, attack and special attack are dreadful, but with a great move set, he can be a great pokemon, and like in the above posts equip him with a rocky helmet
my shuckle has the move set
Toxic - killer on all accounts except poison and steel
Shell Smash - i have a hidden ability one so instead of lowering his defense and special defense, and raising attack, special attack and speed, it ends up lowering the all ready low attack, special attack and speed, just to raise his already extremely high defenses
Power Split - averages its attack and special attack with the opponents, so i can be much better than what it is, but never gonna be spectacular
Gyro Ball - for as slow as shuckle is, it should typically be doing 150 power, and after doing power split, it will do quite a bit of damage
oh btw the hidden abliity is
Contrary makes stat changes have an opposite effect, so if the pokemon uses screech it will raise your defense instead of lowering it, its pretty neat, just dont use any single raising moves, or you might get screwed
Forum Guest Posted at: 18:18 Jun20 2015 Post ID: 3381755
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
Brick WallEhEhEhAnxiousAnxiousAnxiousApplauseApplauseApplauseWhistleWhistleWhistleDohDohDohShameShameShameSmileNot TalkingThumbs UpSpeak to the handSpeak to the handSpeak to the handSpeak to the handThumbs UpBounce
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close