Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Pokemon Yellow

The Legend of Missingno

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Sonic122 Posted at: 21:23 Jan28 2006 Post ID: 641602
Sonic122
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Wanna know every thing about Missingno? Then join this Forum!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Aeshma Posted at: 09:29 Jan29 2006 Post ID: 643714
Aeshma
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 8
+
+
You just made 15 posts in a row...you aren't even allowed two make two posts in a row, so don't do that again and edit your previous post next time if you forgot the add something.

This is also a message boards where people aren't online 24/7, so have some patience.

If you continue to do this, then we will be forced to take actions.
Sonic122 Posted at: 09:36 Jan29 2006 Post ID: 643753
Sonic122
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Oaky again G!
Pok�crisis Bloke Posted at: 15:26 Jun26 2006 Post ID: 886580
Pok�crisis Bloke
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
You haven't had any posts for about 5 months? I think everyone is against you or something, who knows? Whats with Missingno anyway it'as a glitch in Nintendo which is the worst Pokémon then with Mew with a cheat code. I don't bother about missingno myself.

« Last edited by Pokécrisis Bloke on Jun 26th 2006 »

Three Lions on a Shirt, Jules Rimet still Gleaming, 40 years of Hurt, Never Stopped me Dreaming,

I have an annoucement, I have done what litttle MO has done, Dislocated my Knee
bomba Posted at: 15:29 Jun26 2006 Post ID: 886595
bomba
+
+
15 posts in a row? Ive never seen a member do that

Pok�crisis Bloke Posted at: 15:34 Jun26 2006 Post ID: 886619
Pok�crisis Bloke
Forum GuestBanned
+
+
Same here Bomba, in fact never seen anyone post 15 times. Sonic, edit next time. Supercheats isn't like a post free network. Take pride in what you say. Note: Think before you type aswell, action could have been made when you replied, read the Forum Rules at the bottom right of this webpage.

« Last edited by Pokécrisis Bloke on Jun 26th 2006 »

Three Lions on a Shirt, Jules Rimet still Gleaming, 40 years of Hurt, Never Stopped me Dreaming,

I have an annoucement, I have done what litttle MO has done, Dislocated my Knee
BrEaK_cOmPaNy Posted at: 16:47 Aug08 2006 Post ID: 975747
BrEaK_cOmPaNy
+
+
all rigth i not a new new new but i havent enter to a forum
but u r saying that you cant post at least 5 in diferents topics?[u][/u][color=red][/color]
]

kill him is the only reason that i exist
Da numba 1 cheater Posted at: 20:25 Nov12 2006 Post ID: 1143510
Da numba 1 cheater
Forum GuestMember
+
+
ok look from what i heard missingno is ILLEGAL so stop posting it up

[size=30][/size] Join Team Sports Today Thanks to Need 4 Cheat for the sig its awesome
http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=38824
drewdrewrocks Posted at: 19:32 Nov17 2006 Post ID: 1152077
drewdrewrocks
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 12-Nov-2006 Da numba 1 cheater said:ok look from what i heard missingno is ILLEGAL so stop posting it up
Umm.... no.
RAWR! Who's the Boogie Monster NOW!!! MUHAHAHA
Aeon-Flux Posted at: 00:19 Nov28 2006 Post ID: 1176616
Aeon-Flux
Post Likes: 97
+
+
Um, More as don't bump old threads.
Da numba 1 cheater Posted at: 15:58 Dec09 2006 Post ID: 1203567
Da numba 1 cheater
Forum GuestMember
+
+
this isnt old it has been here forever and nobody ever uses these forums but anyways it is illegal

[size=30][/size] Join Team Sports Today Thanks to Need 4 Cheat for the sig its awesome
http://forums.supercheats.com/topic.php?topic=38824
GlitchGuy2 Posted at: 05:33 Dec10 2006 Post ID: 1205462
GlitchGuy2
+
+
Okay, one, Missingno. talk is not illegal unless your game has mind controlled you into thinking that. And two:
Missingno.? #000
Missingno. is the unknown PKMN who alwase used power to duplicate the 6th item in your pack to 100+. (and copies a key item into two)
Triggers
In Red and Blue, you'd talk to Old Man in Virdian City and fly to Cinnabar Island, then surf on the edge of the eastern coast, along with Pokemon generated by both your name and the last PKMN appearance area (ie, Safari PKMN at coast) In Yellow, the only encounter would be with an old trick requiring to flee a battle before it starts. Along the last PKMN's Special stat you saw will affect your encounter, for the Special opens the encounter PKMN's HEX value. So 21 would be Mew, and THAT'S how Mew is found doing that trick. And cirtain HEX values, (multiple) cause a lead to Missingno.!
What happened?
Legends are said to explain Missingno. and *^'M)%, like Amealia Earhart and the Ceolophysis, Missingno. is shrouded into mystery, it ussualy starts with 2 Water Guns and 1 Sky Attack, averagly, Missingno. is a Water and Flying type, or (less often) a Normal and flying.
Pokemon tests?
Some sources say that Missingno. was used to test the Wild Pokemon Generator, and was left in the game, this however does not fit every clue, so the wild PKMN from other places may have a part of Missingno.or this theory does not work.
Weedle and Old Man?
Many reports, such as trsrockin.com, have rumors that Missingno. and Name Genorators are openned because of Old Man, because does the screen say "What will D(M)D(M)D(M)(M) do?", incorrect, it says Old Man, and where's you're name data? On Cinnabar and Seafoam's Eastern coast, and without your name being brought up for long time, you move on that data, so by example, in the name above, (M) is male symbol, and surfing that data causes the game to read normally and make your name's HEX appear in the wild, so D(M) would read
"Mewtwo 255L:". And at cirtain symbols, Trainers battle with glitch PKMN, so (M) would read and genorate Prof. Oak to battle, and to think we'd all thought he retired from battling.
A Nintendo challenge?
Very few people think that Nintendo left Missingno. on purpose to see if someone would find it, but this would be highly denied because Nintendo warns everyone to fear it and run away.
Team Element- LUCARIO RANK AT LAST!!!
Learn how to raise your PKMN to LV 255 in D/P without AR!
http://www.freewebs.com/glitchsoftwares/ -No this isn't the same as the above link.
Hyperfox Posted at: 02:10 Aug05 2007 Post ID: 1808652
Hyperfox
super cheats legenddddd
Post Likes: 41
+
+
On 10-Dec-2006 GlitchGuy2 said:Okay, one, Missingno. talk is not illegal unless your game has mind controlled you into thinking that. And two:
Missingno.? #000
Missingno. is the unknown PKMN who alwase used power to duplicate the 6th item in your pack to 100+. (and copies a key item into two)
Triggers
In Red and Blue, you'd talk to Old Man in Virdian City and fly to Cinnabar Island, then surf on the edge of the eastern coast, along with Pokemon generated by both your name and the last PKMN appearance area (ie, Safari PKMN at coast) In Yellow, the only encounter would be with an old trick requiring to flee a battle before it starts. Along the last PKMN's Special stat you saw will affect your encounter, for the Special opens the encounter PKMN's HEX value. So 21 would be Mew, and THAT'S how Mew is found doing that trick. And cirtain HEX values, (multiple) cause a lead to Missingno.!
What happened?
Legends are said to explain Missingno. and *^'M)%, like Amealia Earhart and the Ceolophysis, Missingno. is shrouded into mystery, it ussualy starts with 2 Water Guns and 1 Sky Attack, averagly, Missingno. is a Water and Flying type, or (less often) a Normal and flying.
Pokemon tests?
Some sources say that Missingno. was used to test the Wild Pokemon Generator, and was left in the game, this however does not fit every clue, so the wild PKMN from other places may have a part of Missingno.or this theory does not work.
Weedle and Old Man?
Many reports, such as trsrockin.com, have rumors that Missingno. and Name Genorators are openned because of Old Man, because does the screen say "What will D(M)D(M)D(M)(M) do?", incorrect, it says Old Man, and where's you're name data? On Cinnabar and Seafoam's Eastern coast, and without your name being brought up for long time, you move on that data, so by example, in the name above, (M) is male symbol, and surfing that data causes the game to read normally and make your name's HEX appear in the wild, so D(M) would read
"Mewtwo 255L:". And at cirtain symbols, Trainers battle with glitch PKMN, so (M) would read and genorate Prof. Oak to battle, and to think we'd all thought he retired from battling.
A Nintendo challenge?
Very few people think that Nintendo left Missingno. on purpose to see if someone would find it, but this would be highly denied because Nintendo warns everyone to fear it and run away.
wow, that sounded like a scientist said it, can you explain the new missingno. too, and what with "M"?
Forum Guest Posted at: 21:39 Mar26 2013 Post ID: 3228654
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
MissingNo., or 'M, was a non-used sprite for the Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow games. Its number was 000, which was replaced by Victini.

In the original 1st Gen games, Kangaskhan's baby could be a Pokemon, which would evolve into Cubone. Cubone was to evolve BACK into Kangaskhan, but Nintendo decided to keep Kangaskhan a no-evolution pokemon. But what about the evolution from Cubone to Kangaskhan, you say? Nintendo decided to remove Cubone from the evolution and instead put in a sprite... MissingNo.

It is Bird/Normal type. Yes, you read that right. It is Bird type. Probably a typo or a remnant from an earlier beta version of the game (this supports theory one.) It has three attacks: Sky Attack, Water Gun, and Water Gun. That wasn't a typo. It has two Water Guns. That in itself is a paradox since Pokémon are forbidden by nature to have more than one copy of an attack. But then again, glitches defy nature almost all the time. It has a supernormal Attack stat but every other stat is subpar. This makes it not good for battling. If you raise it a level, it might evolve into a Kangaskhan. (Hey, maybe this was a baby Kangaskhan that was taken out of the game!) You can teach MissingNO. Fly, so when it evolves into Kangaskhan it can be a flying Kangaskhan. When you encounter it the sixth item in your bag gets duplicated to 128. Since the item numbers can naturally go no higher than 99, 128 is shown as glitchy blocks. Seeing MissingNO. or 'M will scramble your Hall of Fame data, with no known way to get it back.

Trainers' opinions on whether you should catch MissingNO. or 'M are varied. Some say that MissingNO. is safe to get, while 'M is dangerous. Others say that 'M is the safe one, and that MissingNO. is the dangerous one. Some say you should stay away from them both. While I have never experienced a game-wrecking experience with a MissingNO. or 'M, some say they have. Maybe the Glitch Pokémon have different effects on different games...

So three theories:

1. MissingNO. was a template used to program all the Pokémon behavior and test it before developing the "real" Pokémon.

2. MissingNO. was a remnant of an attempt to remove Mew from the game.

3. MissingNO. was a cheat the developers used to progress through the game quicker.

I hope this helps everyone!
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Forum Guest Posted at: 10:28 Jun14 2013 Post ID: 3252748
Forum Guest
Forum Guest
I use a Missingno account on twitter and started my own tag for #Missingno @Real_Missing0
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti QuoteEdit
Displaying Page 1 of 1

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close