Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6 - The Protagonist? Your ideas!

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Volke Posted at: 11:01 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581458
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Jun Takeuchi has explained that Resident Evil 6 will be a complete reboot of the series, so it could mean that none of the curret protagonists will return. But who would you like to see as a protagonist in Resident Evil 6, whenever it's out? As for me:

Carlos Oliveira - He was in Resident Evil 3, and you could play as him for a while. I'd like to know what he's been up to since 1998, and it would be cool if he had a game of his own.

HUNK - More elaboration on this character please, Capcom. A game of his own would be perfect, and, like Carlos, he's the sort of character suited to a central role that hasn't been given one yet.

A completely new character - Capcom would have to create a good one, obviously, and there's a high chance it will be someone completely new. We've seen plenty of special tactics police force members and agents/secret agents/evil secret agents. I suppose a member of a military force would be cliched. Perhaps a civilian who's been to a shooting range several times and has tried out many types of firearms? It's an idea.

So, who or what would you guys like to see?

Note to Insane Dude: There are no rules against making two forums in one day, at least not in the Forum Rules. If you're making up your own rules, you're not supposed to be. I'm going to have to report this to find out.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Vasco Posted at: 11:08 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581461
Vasco
MOE MOE KYUUUUUN
Post Likes: 7
+
+
Just stating, there is no such thing as a rule allowing only one topic per day. I've made over 5 topics in one day.

againstall has invaded

BECKY = 10/10
Insane dude Posted at: 11:10 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581463
Insane dude
Post Likes: 0
+
+
I think that a completely new charecter would be the best.

ok yea I looked over everything and i realize what happed
sorry about that volke

« Last edited by Insane dude on Mar 25th 2009 »

Life Sucks- Deal with it.
Volke Posted at: 11:37 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581468
Volke
Executioner
+
+
A new character would indeed be interesting. What sort of character would you like to see?

No worries about the other topic either.
Insane dude Posted at: 11:41 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581471
Insane dude
+
+
I'm not sure.

Mabey someone who is more agressive,
a charecter that will over react to some situations.

It would be interesting to see because in the past most of the main charecters have been cool as a cucumber all the way through the game.

« Last edited by Insane dude on Mar 25th 2009 »

Volke Posted at: 14:16 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581513
Volke
Executioner
+
+
As far as an agressive character is concerned, I think that some players would like them, but others would find them irritating. I would like it if they kept the laid back style of character, but made the new one clueless to the whole bioweapons business, and they'd have no history with any of the 'incidents'.
Insane dude Posted at: 14:19 Mar25 2009 Post ID: 2581516
Insane dude
+
+
that would be interesting.

I guess its somthing to think about.

Volke Posted at: 10:26 Mar26 2009 Post ID: 2582185
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Perhaps they could re-introduce the option to play as one of two players again. They sort of did it in Resident Evil 5 with the option to select Sheva after you'd beaten the game once (which nobody ever bothered to use, since her left-handed viewpoint makes things really confusing), but I'm talking about the character selection with slightly different storylines and different support characters like they did in Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2.

Character A could be someone like you described, and their supporting character could try to keep them under control from time to time.

Character B could be someone like I described (preferably a female character modelled after and voiced by the actress Kristen Bell) with their supporting character having some background knowledge on bioweapons etc.

Perhaps the supporting characters could be Carlos and HUNK. It's a possibility.

Hey be sure to check out the mysteries thread I created, if you find it to be interesting at all.
zeroman63 Posted at: 20:54 Apr24 2009 Post ID: 2606053
zeroman63
+
+
let's all hope to god that it isn't going to be a stupid person, I don't know who, but let's just hope. It would be kind of cool to be either alexia or alfred ashford from resident evil code veronica X. Maybe like an addition on to the game. Or like Volke said Hunk, i thought he was a badass so cool

Volke Posted at: 08:53 Apr25 2009 Post ID: 2606361
Volke
Executioner
+
+
The Ashford twins are both dead, but I was surprised Alfred wasn't available to use in the Battle Game in Code: Veronica X, because he was often seen with a Sniper Rifle before his demise.

HUNK is one of the Resident Evil characters that we still know little about. It seems he has quite a reputation in Umbrella for always being among the survivors of a mission, so it would be ideal for him to make a re-appearance to explain more of his backstory.
ressurection666 Posted at: 06:07 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2699795
ressurection666
+
+
I would like to use a civillian who did not have all the weapond a fighting training of the special forces. Taht way you could maybe start of with a knife and find a hand gun more or less streight away, but need to learn how to use it like maybe a weapon experiance system or maybe a return of the trader tyoe fellow from RE4 who can train you to use different types of weapons and some melee moves.
https://www.youtube.com/use...stgaming
Volke Posted at: 07:55 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2699823
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Sounds like a good idea, but it would be better if there's wasn't a great deal of focus. Perhaps this characterr has fired a few weapons before in a shooting range?
ressurection666 Posted at: 08:43 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2699876
ressurection666
+
+
Yes your right that would be a good idea or maybe a criminal who was going to rob a bank and saw that it was infested by zombies? That may be a bit far out but he would have a reason to have a gun when the game starts and know how to use it at least. Not entirely sure what the back story would require but i would like to see a normal person like i say. it would be good to see a character development part for them, not too RPG like but maybe a few stats liek strengh, durability, speed, skill with each gun and maybe stealth if they wanted to include it into the game and allow you to sneak up behind the zombies and take them out without all the others noticing for an extra level of gameplay for those who like it. For those who dont of course they could still just play the way they usually do.
https://www.youtube.com/use...stgaming
Volke Posted at: 14:20 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2700079
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Claire was supposed to be an ordinary college student, and probably only knew how to use guns because Chris could have taught her a few things. Things could also have been the same for Leon, but it's not as clear.

I think stats would be a little too much of a departure.
Fusion Man Posted at: 04:42 Aug12 2009 Post ID: 2705351
Fusion Man
+
+
I think a completely new character would add to the scare feel. The "HOLY HELL WHAT IS THAT" kind of thing. Please excuse my language. A new character would be great. Thumbs Up

« Last edited by Fusion Man on Aug 12th 2009 »

Tanks to Vasco for the pure awesomeness!!
Volke Posted at: 06:37 Aug12 2009 Post ID: 2705395
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Indeed, it would be a good idea for the character to be new to the series. I mentioned Carlos and HUNK in my first post simply because they are two characters whose back-stories could be expanded upon (especially HUNK's) and haven't really been given all the attention that they deserve.
Fusion Man Posted at: 02:42 Aug13 2009 Post ID: 2706794
Fusion Man
+
+
True I would like to see HUNK's back-story. He is a character that needs more recognition. Is is a great idea to bring him in. Carlos I guess would be a good person for the role but HUNK would be better.Thumbs Up

Tanks to Vasco for the pure awesomeness!!
Volke Posted at: 06:22 Aug13 2009 Post ID: 2706847
Volke
Executioner
+
+
True. We know too little about HUNK, and yet he continues to re-appear throughout the series, phsyically or by file mentioning.
Twilight Warior Posted at: 22:26 Aug15 2009 Post ID: 2711015
Twilight Warior
+
+
On 13-Aug-2009 Fusion Man said:True I would like to see HUNK's back-story. He is a character that needs more recognition. Is is a great idea to bring him in. Carlos I guess would be a good person for the role but HUNK would be better.Thumbs Up
Would love to see HUNK return to the game. But i also liked Carlos in Resident Evil 3.
Both would be awesome though. And then maybe introduce a new girl to the game to play as.
Back partially
Volke Posted at: 11:43 Aug16 2009 Post ID: 2711650
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Do you mean like a partner system, or the seperate stories system featured in Resident Evil 1 and 2 (predominantly 2)?
Displaying Page 1 of 4

1 | 2 | 3 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close