Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Resident Evil 5

Does it best Resi 4?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Volke Posted at: 15:07 Aug05 2009 Post ID: 2698409
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Okay, Resident Evil 5 is a damn good game, but we can't overlook Resident Evil 4, the game that set the style for Resident Evil 5, and some people still call it the best game in the series.

So, with Resi 4 being the only game in the series that Resi 5 can really compare with (the older games were completely different), which do you think is the better of the two?

Personally, I think it's a hard choice. Here are the upsides of each game, in my opinion:

Resi 4 had a better partner system. Ashley would do what you told her to do, and you got to kill everything. She was also only around for approximately half of the game, too.

Resi 4 had a much better inventory.

Resi 4 had a great setting and story.

Resi 4 was a breakthrough for the series.

Resi 4 had a great cast.

Resi 5 had a larger selection of weapons, which included the Grenade Launcher.

Resi 5 had a great setting and story.

Resi 5 tied up the majority of the loose ends from earlier on in the series, and seemed like more of a direct sequel than Resi 4.

Resi 5 was tougher.

Resi 5 had a great cast.

Personally, I'd say that 4 takes the win, but only because of the better inventory system and partner system (I really don't understand why so many people hate Ashley), and that Resi 5 didn't really progress much from its' predecessor in terms of gameplay. Both are brilliant games though, on the whole.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Insane dude Posted at: 17:00 Aug05 2009 Post ID: 2698493
Insane dude
Post Likes: 0
+
+
In my opinion RE5 wins this one

With the co-op gameplay the larger selection of weapons and the way the story finished off most of the original RE mysteries it just barely beats RE 4 in my book

Life Sucks- Deal with it.
Twilight Warior Posted at: 19:32 Aug05 2009 Post ID: 2698642
Twilight Warior
+
+
RE5
i loved RE4. But the co op play on this game. Larger weapons selection. And then the action and graphics was improved, as well as the way the game finished like Insane said
RE5 for me
Back partially
CzardFan1189 Posted at: 20:02 Aug05 2009 Post ID: 2698655
CzardFan1189
+
+
RE5 definetly i just didnt like the fact that you had to stand still to shoot.

Sig Cred to PokemonRuler
Fusion Man Posted at: 22:10 Aug05 2009 Post ID: 2698739
Fusion Man
+
+
RE5 was slightly better. If 4 lost Ashley then it might have won. Ashley is just to much of a hassle to deal with. If she gets hit once shes done. 5 I believe is better because it has better, well..., everything exept the true Resident Evil feel. And Twilight Warrior, how can you compare graphics on two systems from different generations. Epic fail. Point made.Not Talking

Tanks to Vasco for the pure awesomeness!!
guy in oakland Posted at: 23:04 Aug05 2009 Post ID: 2698774
guy in oakland
Post Likes: 5
+
+
easily RE4,better inventory system,scarier setting,and much better boss battles.also there RE4 is regarded by many gamers the greatest game ever made,I don't think anyone would say that about RE5

PSN-intayaz

Volke Posted at: 07:28 Aug06 2009 Post ID: 2698921
Volke
Executioner
+
+
I much preferred Ashley to Sheva.

Ashley's good points:

- Ashley kept on getting kidnapped, and thus was absent for about half of the game in total.
- Ashley didn't fight with you, which meant you got to kill everything yourself.
- Ashley didn't have an annoying attitude.
- Ashley did whatever you ordered her to do without hesitation.

Ashley's bad points:

- Ashley died in one hit if you accidentally attacked her, even if it was with the knife. Although rare is the occasion when she got in your way.
- Ashley didn't exactly take enemy hits too well.

Sheva's good points:

- Sheva helped you out in dangerous situations, if you wasn't running off doing something stupid.
- You could dump all of the healing items and crappy weapons in Sheva's inventory system so that you can concentrate on using the Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Rifle and Magnum, as well as Grenades once you have unlocked infinite ammo.

Sheva's bad points:

- Sheva heals you with a First Aid Spray or Green+Red Herb if you so much as prick your finger or stub your toe.
- Sheva steals your kills and ammo. The worst time where she steals your kill is if she fires a killing blow to an enemy a microsecond before you shoot, therefore leading you to waste your precious ammo.
- Sheva has an annoying, over-enthusiastic "We're partners to the end" attitude.
- If Sheva is on the Cover command, she uses nothing but her Handgun. If she is on the Attack command, she'll use the Machine Gun, but will run off somewhere and end up getting into trouble.
ressurection666 Posted at: 06:02 Aug07 2009 Post ID: 2699794
ressurection666
+
+
I prefer RE5 mainly because of the co-operative element. However take the Co-op option away and RE4 wins IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/use...stgaming
zeroman63 Posted at: 18:55 Sep01 2009 Post ID: 2726060
zeroman63
+
+
Dude i haven't played re5 yet so it'll have to be re4

M.J Posted at: 20:40 Feb12 2010 Post ID: 2801782
M.J
Post Likes: 3
+
+
I have to say RE5 even though Sheva got on my nerves many times over. The main reason I like RE5 better is because of not pausing when in the inventory so it makes you have to remain calm and think quick and carefully. It just seems too unreal with the pausing crap.
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
Volke Posted at: 17:54 Feb16 2010 Post ID: 2803786
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Yeah, that is a good point. I don't think the inventory being real-time is bad, just how it's more of a step backwards from Resident Evil 4 in terms of capacity.
M.J Posted at: 22:56 Feb09 2012 Post ID: 3092600
M.J
+
+
Been awhile since I posted in here, oops.

Anyway, I'd have to agree with that one disadvantage. Maybe RE6 will fix that.
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
Volke Posted at: 04:14 Feb10 2012 Post ID: 3092629
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Yep. Looking forward to Resi 6.
Axionas Posted at: 11:27 Feb10 2012 Post ID: 3092660
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
+
+
I prefer Resident Evil 4 the most to be honest.

It actually held a challenge unlock five where all it took was to join someone with unlimited ammo to beat the game.

Where as RE4 had only a couple unlimited ammo weapons. (Chicago Typewriter, Infinite Rocket launcher, PLR-412, and the Handcannon) And even those were a pain in the butt to get, with having to complete side missions, collecting money and beating the game on Professional mode.(423 deaths...)

Guess it's because I like the challenge the most. But RE5 is fun to play when your bored and need a quick game of Mercs.
Volke Posted at: 14:42 Feb10 2012 Post ID: 3092710
Volke
Executioner
+
+
^I agree. RE4 had a much better sense of achievement about it.
M.J Posted at: 02:15 Feb17 2012 Post ID: 3094584
M.J
+
+
Another plus for RE4 is no Sheva.
Volke Posted at: 03:40 Feb17 2012 Post ID: 3094613
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Yeah, I found Sheva more annoying than Ashley. Ashley was easy to protect 90% of the time, and didn't kill anything (so you had more fun that way).
Axionas Posted at: 10:13 Feb17 2012 Post ID: 3094664
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
+
+
^Atleast Sheva didn't get kidnapped every other scene. ._.;
M.J Posted at: 03:36 Mar17 2012 Post ID: 3101221
M.J
+
+
Yeah but I have to agree with Volke, Axionas. Ashley being kidnapped was a good thing. You didn't have to worry about her all the time.
Volke Posted at: 05:40 Mar17 2012 Post ID: 3101230
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Yeah, I didn't mind her being kidnapped. Most of the scariest parts of the game happened when Ashley was absent (or 3-4 when you actually played as Ashley...that basement where the suits of armour chase you still puts me on edge). I always felt the major reason Resident Evil 5 simply wasn't scary was because you had a partner with you throughout the whole game who was relatively potent, if also rather stupid. For example, the underground section with all the Lickers may well have been quite scary if Chris was all alone, without Sheva talking nonsense throughout.
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close