Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Resident Evil 5

Does it best Resi 4?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Axionas Posted at: 12:01 Mar17 2012 Post ID: 3101259
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
Post Likes: 5
+
+
Resident Evil 5 wasn't really a horror game at all. It was just an M rated SciFi game. Though don't get my wrong, it was a fun game and it can give you a rush, well if your being chased by a chainsaw maniac with low ammo. Other than that, the game could have split you and your partner up by themselves and given a few more night levels.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted at: 15:13 Mar17 2012 Post ID: 3101307
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Axionas said:Resident Evil 5 wasn't really a horror game at all. It was just an M rated SciFi game. Though don't get my wrong, it was a fun game and it can give you a rush, well if your being chased by a chainsaw maniac with low ammo. Other than that, the game could have split you and your partner up by themselves and given a few more night levels.

To be honest, I didn't even find the "getting chased by a chainsaw maniac with low ammo" situation a scary or intense situation, more of a ffs situation. Yeah, getting split up from your partner would have been preferable...although I'd still have prefer it if Sheva got killed at the beginning of the game (perhaps by the axeman?) because she's such an annoying character anyway.

Night-time settings would have been great, too. Unfortunately, there were very few.

Hopefully Capcom will address these issues in Resident Evil 6.
Axionas Posted at: 17:27 Mar17 2012 Post ID: 3101323
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
+
+
I still say they need an infinite time survival, I hated how Mercs didn't give that option. Or just custom times in general. :<
Volke Posted at: 07:41 Mar18 2012 Post ID: 3101409
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Infinite would be a bit too much. Games could potentially go on for ever, or at least until the player's eyeballs dry up and they pass out.

Something like ten minutes would be cool. Maybe also a multiplayer mode where whoever lasts the longest wins.

Have you played any of the earlier games in the series?
Axionas Posted at: 11:28 Mar18 2012 Post ID: 3101448
Axionas
Kitsune-no-Okami
+
+
Well atleast be able to customize your options, that would be fun. Something separate from Mercs.

And no I haven't, I own a box set of them and have been thinking of playing lately.
M.J Posted at: 13:51 Mar18 2012 Post ID: 3101510
M.J
Post Likes: 3
+
+
Volke said:Yeah, I didn't mind her being kidnapped. Most of the scariest parts of the game happened when Ashley was absent (or 3-4 when you actually played as Ashley...that basement where the suits of armour chase you still puts me on edge). I always felt the major reason Resident Evil 5 simply wasn't scary was because you had a partner with you throughout the whole game who was relatively potent, if also rather stupid. For example, the underground section with all the Lickers may well have been quite scary if Chris was all alone, without Sheva talking nonsense throughout.

The only time I got freaked out during the game is when I have a second player (such as my cousin or my friend) and they had a habit of making some sort of noise, causing the Lickers to break through the glass and gang up on us.

Not cool at all.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
Volke Posted at: 11:36 Mar20 2012 Post ID: 3101811
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Axionas said:And no I haven't, I own a box set of them and have been thinking of playing lately.

Yeah, go for it. It's a great series.

M.J said:The only time I got freaked out during the game is when I have a second player (such as my cousin or my friend) and they had a habit of making some sort of noise, causing the Lickers to break through the glass and gang up on us.

Not cool at all.

Yeah, I always avoided making any sort of noise. I have yet to play co-op, myself.
M.J Posted at: 22:52 Jun18 2012 Post ID: 3121301
M.J
+
+
I recommend not playing co-op, unless of course you find someone actually worth playing.

Do you have R.E 6 on reserve yet? (Can't remember if I asked you or not in an earlier post...been so long. Sad Face :( )
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
M.J Posted at: 02:37 Aug20 2012 Post ID: 3141058
M.J
+
+
I forgot about this thread >_<

I decided to replay RE 5

Still hate the Axe guy in the beginning...
Doctor Silent Posted at: 03:14 Aug20 2012 Post ID: 3141069
Doctor Silent
Post Likes: 7
+
+
Great series but Resi 5 is terrible so annoying that I can't even bring myself to finish it anymore. Every time I start a new game I have enough of it around the marshes area where there are too many 'uber enemies' that are waaaaaay too overpowered. And don't get me started on SHEVA!

Lost In Nightmares was the only enjoyable part of the game. I got Gold Edition but never got around to playing Desperate Escape because I got sick of the main game before getting that far.

I HAVE beaten the game before. Tbh I just thought it the first half was a rip-off of Black Hawk Down and other army films set in dodgy African countries, and the second half was a corny sci-fi film with a bit of Indiana Jones goes 18-rated in the middle (when exploring the ancient city and shizz).
M.J Posted at: 04:41 Aug21 2012 Post ID: 3141410
M.J
+
+
"The Marshes"

I think I disliked that part the most. Every time I took one step around 50 guys would appear in front as well as behind me then they would run at me.

I also hated the alligators (I can't remember if that's what they were. It's been forever)and I had to try to hurry up and walk through the water or quickly go back and try again.
Doctor Silent Posted at: 03:49 Aug22 2012 Post ID: 3141779
Doctor Silent
Post Likes: 7
+
+
I just remember giant tribal guys with massive face masks and maces that would take almost an entire supply of ammo to kill.

Everything else was ok, I think.

I dunno, after you leave the town for good it gets kinda boring.
M.J Posted at: 03:11 Sep26 2012 Post ID: 3153064
M.J
+
+
I used my knife mainly, trying to keep my gun as a last resort.

The creature I was so hoping to be at least a decent challenge was that giant ogre(Can't remember the exact name for them) which appeared in RE4 but unfortuantely it wasn't. All what was required to do was to stay in the truck and shoot him til' he was down.

Also when the bike gang showed up I was looking forward to fighting them; but of course the military had to show up and save the day. T_T
Volke Posted at: 12:07 Oct17 2012 Post ID: 3162198
Volke
Executioner
+
+
^Most of Resi 5 was pretty much just 'Resi 4 meets Black Hawk Down' with a less interesting main character and a more annoying sidekick.
M.J Posted at: 14:24 Nov16 2012 Post ID: 3173152
M.J
+
+
Volke said:^Most of Resi 5 was pretty much just 'Resi 4 meets Black Hawk Down' with a less interesting main character and a more annoying sidekick.

I have to agree with that...

Have you played the sixth one yet?

By the way... welcome back Volke!
albert wesker Posted at: 17:05 Mar23 2013 Post ID: 3227523
albert wesker
Post Likes: 34
+
+
i think resi 4 also takes this one because you dident have to share all your ammo with ashley and because 4 had the merchent only downside is ashley going LOEN HELP every 5 seconds in the most annoying voice wich just makes you want leave her there
Gamertag: ThatWhiteGuy177

M.J Posted at: 19:53 Apr26 2013 Post ID: 3240955
M.J
+
+
albert wesker said:i think resi 4 also takes this one because you dident have to share all your ammo with ashley and because 4 had the merchent only downside is ashley going LOEN HELP every 5 seconds in the most annoying voice wich just makes you want leave her there

OMG, yes >_> I was so disappointed when I discovered there weren't any merchants but (I don't know if you've discovered this) if you go back to a previous check point (such as the one located near the two jeeps) you'll notice the boxes have re-spawned where the previous ones were last time and you can go back to the same checkpoint over and over as many times as you want and the boxes will have re-spawned again. So in other words, the merchants weren't really needed in RE5.

Now, RE6 on the other hand, should of had the merchants... -flips tables-
albert wesker Posted at: 16:20 May17 2013 Post ID: 3247017
albert wesker
Post Likes: 34
+
+
I really don't know how to judge resi 6 because at first I thought it sucked up but I am growing to it my fave boss battle was in chrises campaign whan you are infected (2nd player I was co-op with my sis)but you were really slow and the cinematic after it crushed me
Gamertag: ThatWhiteGuy177

M.J Posted at: 22:32 May22 2013 Post ID: 3247972
M.J
+
+
albert wesker said:I really don't know how to judge resi 6 because at first I thought it sucked up but I am growing to it my fave boss battle was in chrises campaign whan you are infected (2nd player I was co-op with my sis)but you were really slow and the cinematic after it crushed me

I believe Chris's boss had to be my favorite too.Spoiler:
click to reveal

Yeah I was not happy.
Volke Posted at: 09:08 May23 2013 Post ID: 3248021
Volke
Executioner
+
+
albert wesker said:i think resi 4 also takes this one because you dident have to share all your ammo with ashley and because 4 had the merchent only downside is ashley going LOEN HELP every 5 seconds in the most annoying voice wich just makes you want leave her there

Hmm...you might want to avoid watching any Spongebob Squarepants episodes with the underwater squirrel in them. Same voice actress.

(NOTE - if you're good, though, you won't hear 'Leon help!' very often) Evil
Displaying Page 2 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close