Google+  
 

Poll: Who's Stronger-Sonic or Shadow?

Subscribe to this topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums
Search this topic:

Displaying Page 1 of 4. First | Next | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last | Go To Page:
Down to Quick Reply Report Topic

Post ID: 2458278 Posted at: 19-Oct-2008 18:25:13
Sonic_Master
Zhuli! Do the thing!
Member
Joined: 2 Jun 2007
Posts: 2,477
Post Likes: 2
+
Well, this is a question that has been lurking around ever since Sonic Adventure 2 came out in 2001. While there may be no definite answer, we could see the majority's opinions. I will keep the number of votes here, on this first post. When you vote, please take into consideration (but do not limit it to):
Speed
Physical Strength
Mental Strength lol
Abilities
Overall Power(s)

Also it would be nice if you could provide at least a small reason of why you think Sonic or Shadow is stronger. For example (note: this is my actual vote):

I think that Sonic is stronger because he has more abilities (such as Magic Hands and Sonic wind) and when they are fighting the Finalhazard, Shadow may say something like "Now I know who the ultimate life form is, it's you Sonic."

Sonic: 7

Shadow: 4

« Last edited by Sonic_Master on Jan 1st 2009 »
Where's my sig?
0
+
Post ID: 2458929 Posted at: 20-Oct-2008 18:50:02
Chaos Sonic
Member
Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 2,272
Post Likes: 3
+
As far as all the Sonic games, they have shown Sonic's strengths and weaknesses and Shadow's strengths and weaknesses. I personally dont know, because I dont think Sonic has used Magic Hands and Sonic Wind since SA2B. They really can do all the chaos moves, and we really don't know how many forms Shadow has. I bet Shadow could fuse with the World Rings like Sonic can. Reallly if there was a nuetral I would vote for it, because really some newbs will vote for whichever character they like better. The hard part is that Sonic may just keep going and going, and Shadow and Sonic will keep getting new forms. I honestly think Sonic is stronger, because really in some games like Shadow the Hedgehog Sonic is just frozen by those parasites, and Shadow has to take over.
0
+
Post ID: 2459979 Posted at: 22-Oct-2008 11:51:31
marielue5
Member
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 4,745
Post Likes: 0
+
Well you guys no more about sonic then me but let me give this a shot.

I think sonic is stronger because he's faster right? So he could beat shadow in a fight with his speed and powers. Plus sonic always wins, I mean there's no way the creators would make him die anyway right lol?

Oh and one more thing, in the new game sonic can become a wolf, so thats always a plus right lol.

« Last edited by marielue5 on Oct 22nd 2008 »
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

0
+
Post ID: 2461294 Posted at: 23-Oct-2008 21:26:07
Sonic_Master
Zhuli! Do the thing!
Member
Joined: 2 Jun 2007
Posts: 2,477
Post Likes: 2
+
Well, so far 3-0 with Sonic winning. Lol, shadow is getting pwned.
Where's my sig?
0
+
Post ID: 2461672 Posted at: 24-Oct-2008 17:11:01
pity
Member
Joined: 14 May 2007
Posts: 6,707
Post Likes: 0
+
Speed: shadow uses skates and sonic uses his feet, so if both use their feet, sonic wins.
Sonic:1 Shadow:0
Sonic: you're too slow!
Shadow: shut up you idiot!

Physical Strength: well, this is a bit difficult because they use the same attacks, but i think sonic should get this point becuse of his werehog form, who's a lot stronger than sonic's normal form and shadow. second point goes to sonic.
Sonic:2 Shadow:0

Sonic: Hahaha another point for me!
Shadow: What!? but i'm the ultimate lifeform!

Mental Strength: shadow's a lot more serious than sonic, and that makes him look, and maybe be smarter than his counterpart, so this point goes to shadow
Sonic:2 Shadow:1

Sonic: Darn, i lost this one
Shadow: You can't keep up with me sonic

Abilities: shadow uses chaos control better than sonic, he and sonic have the same number of attacks in SA2B and shadow has chaos spear, and sonic doesn't has a special attack like shadow does.
Sonic: 2 Shadow: 2
Sonic: this isn't over yet! i'll show you what real speed is!
Shadow: there's no time for games... i'll prove my superiority!

Overall Power(s)
This is it, the final point!! who will get it?

shadow won the ability and mental power points.
sonic won the speed and physical points
final point goes to sonic, because shadow(and his clones) has died a lot of times, and sonic is still alive.
Sonic: 3 Shadow: 2

Sonic: too easy! piece of cake!
Shadow: how's this possible!
Sonic wins again



« Last edited by pity on Oct 24th 2008 »
[center]
Signature and avatar images by me.


0
+
Post ID: 2464514 Posted at: 27-Oct-2008 19:12:37
Sonic_Master
Zhuli! Do the thing!
Member
Joined: 2 Jun 2007
Posts: 2,477
Post Likes: 2
+
On 24-Oct-2008 pity said:Speed: shadow uses skates and sonic uses his feet, so if both use their feet, sonic wins.
Sonic:1 Shadow:0
Sonic: you're too slow!
Shadow: shut up you idiot!

Physical Strength: well, this is a bit difficult because they use the same attacks, but i think sonic should get this point becuse of his werehog form, who's a lot stronger than sonic's normal form and shadow. second point goes to sonic.
Sonic:2 Shadow:0

Sonic: Hahaha another point for me!
Shadow: What!? but i'm the ultimate lifeform!

Mental Strength: shadow's a lot more serious than sonic, and that makes him look, and maybe be smarter than his counterpart, so this point goes to shadow
Sonic:2 Shadow:1

Sonic: Darn, i lost this one
Shadow: You can't keep up with me sonic

Abilities: shadow uses chaos control better than sonic, he and sonic have the same number of attacks in SA2B and shadow has chaos spear, and sonic doesn't has a special attack like shadow does.
Sonic: 2 Shadow: 2
Sonic: this isn't over yet! i'll show you what real speed is!
Shadow: there's no time for games... i'll prove my superiority!

Overall Power(s)
This is it, the final point!! who will get it?

shadow won the ability and mental power points.
sonic won the speed and physical points
final point goes to sonic, because shadow(and his clones) has died a lot of times, and sonic is still alive.
Sonic: 3 Shadow: 2

Sonic: too easy! piece of cake!
Shadow: how's this possible!
Sonic wins again

Nice story.

Lol, we need some Shadow voters.
Where's my sig?
0
+
Post ID: 2464564 Posted at: 27-Oct-2008 20:20:04
rust45
Member
Joined: 5 Jan 2008
Posts: 1,845
Post Likes: 0
+
In SA2B, the multiplayer bios did say that they were equal, but I'm going to judge them based on the stories in the games.

Speed: Tie, Shadow may seem a little slower but in the final battle in SA2 with Sonic, it was definite that they are about the same speed, tie here. Maybe half a point for Sonic since sometimes it seems Sonic is faster.

Strength: Shadow has definitely been shown to be more powerful then Sonic, but then again, Sonic does seem to have more speed, but, his speed isn't that much greater to Shadow's so I say Sonic would lose a fight with Shadow.

Abilities: It seems that they have the same abilities even when it comes to harnessing power from the Chaos Emeralds, we've seen in SA2 that Sonic could use Chaos Control if he wants, but I'm not sure if he can use it without a Chaos Emerald which it seems Shadow can. So, again I would have to say Shadow.

Mental: Shadow is another winner here, is seems much smarter then Sonic and seems to be able to mentally be ready for a battle since he is much more serious while Sonic is playful and seems to try to have fun.

Overall Powers:
As it seems, they seem to be equal here, both can use Chaos Control, both can harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds, and they seem to go the same speed except Sonic slightly faster. Really, it's another tie.

The winner: Shadow, he is the ultimate life-form and he seems to have all the abilities of Sonic except some parts are better, and that in my opinion makes him the ultimate life-form.

Shadow: Finally, someone understands my title.
Me: Your welcome.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Name:Towns FC:0430 7936 6438

Avy=Genki Sig=Genki
0
+
Post ID: 2466775 Posted at: 30-Oct-2008 21:12:07
marielue5
Member
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 4,745
Post Likes: 0
+
On 27-Oct-2008 rust45 said:In SA2B, the multiplayer bios did say that they were equal, but I'm going to judge them based on the stories in the games.

Speed: Tie, Shadow may seem a little slower but in the final battle in SA2 with Sonic, it was definite that they are about the same speed, tie here. Maybe half a point for Sonic since sometimes it seems Sonic is faster.

Strength: Shadow has definitely been shown to be more powerful then Sonic, but then again, Sonic does seem to have more speed, but, his speed isn't that much greater to Shadow's so I say Sonic would lose a fight with Shadow.

Abilities: It seems that they have the same abilities even when it comes to harnessing power from the Chaos Emeralds, we've seen in SA2 that Sonic could use Chaos Control if he wants, but I'm not sure if he can use it without a Chaos Emerald which it seems Shadow can. So, again I would have to say Shadow.

Mental: Shadow is another winner here, is seems much smarter then Sonic and seems to be able to mentally be ready for a battle since he is much more serious while Sonic is playful and seems to try to have fun.

Overall Powers:
As it seems, they seem to be equal here, both can use Chaos Control, both can harness the power of the Chaos Emeralds, and they seem to go the same speed except Sonic slightly faster. Really, it's another tie.

The winner: Shadow, he is the ultimate life-form and he seems to have all the abilities of Sonic except some parts are better, and that in my opinion makes him the ultimate life-form.

Shadow: Finally, someone understands my title.
Me: Your welcome.
Wow I like your answer the best, you know more about the subject then me thats for sure lol.

It seems as though sonic has won this debate......
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

0
+
Post ID: 2467562 Posted at: 31-Oct-2008 18:57:34
Sonic_Master
Zhuli! Do the thing!
Member
Joined: 2 Jun 2007
Posts: 2,477
Post Likes: 2
+
On 30-Oct-2008 marielue5 said:Wow I like your answer the best, you know more about the subject then me thats for sure lol.

It seems as though sonic has won this debate......
But I'm keeping this open, like you know...for a long time.
Lol, if the Sonic forum gets back to life again we could be seeing:

Sonic: 39
Shadow:38
Where's my sig?
0
+
Post ID: 2468842 Posted at: 02-Nov-2008 13:19:33
rust45
Member
Joined: 5 Jan 2008
Posts: 1,845
Post Likes: 0
+
I don't think this forum was ever this active, seeing as though there aren't even two pages here. But if it does get that active, there might only be a couple more people who would vote for Shadow.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Name:Towns FC:0430 7936 6438

Avy=Genki Sig=Genki
0
+
Post ID: 2468849 Posted at: 02-Nov-2008 13:26:52
bomba
Member
Joined: 20 Jun 2005
Posts: 4,791
Post Likes: 0
+
I try to post here when I can.

I'm gonna throw my vote at Sonic, cause once again as it's been said before, if it wasn't for shadows shoes he wouldn't even be a match, also in games he usually always wins over Shadow if they fight.

0
+
Post ID: 2468867 Posted at: 02-Nov-2008 13:58:29
STULF the 20X6 hdog
Member
Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 53
Post Likes: 0
+
Now we haven't even seen shadow without his signature shoes so it is hard to say who is truly faster. I do like sonic, but I have to say shadow. He has so many chaos abilities it's funny, in fact in Sonic Chroniciles shadow has the pow move Chaos Rift which can cause automatic KO. Chaos abilities are quite powerful and extensive and the only few sonic can do are Super transformation and chaos control, CC he only performed in SA2. Yes sonic does have more forms and gimmicks (Sword and Werewolf), but since the chaos emeralds are one of the more important plot devices the medal goes to shadow for his chaos abilities.
Shadow:Play time is over!
Pokemon party yet to be made.(??/??/??)
Trainer Card coming soon after.
Many wisdoms hide behind many masks of personalty. STULF the 20X6 Hedgedog
0
+
Post ID: 2471938 Posted at: 05-Nov-2008 17:29:20
Sonic_Master
Zhuli! Do the thing!
Member
Joined: 2 Jun 2007
Posts: 2,477
Post Likes: 2
+
Rust45: It was actually very active in '07 (well, you weren't on SC to see it).

Bomba & STULF: ~Votes updated~ Sonic: 5 Shadow: 2
Where's my sig?
0
+
Post ID: 2472310 Posted at: 06-Nov-2008 11:06:15
marielue5
Member
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 4,745
Post Likes: 0
+
On 05-Nov-2008 Sonic_Master said:Rust45: It was actually very active in '07 (well, you weren't on SC to see it).

Bomba & STULF: ~Votes updated~ Sonic: 5 Shadow: 2
Well me, you, Db and Bomba brought it back.

Also doesn't Sonic have natural speed while Shadow needs his shoes to accelerate? That would make him obviously better in my opinion.....
Pokemon DS record since return to sc 29-3
fc 0301-9016-8239

0
+
Post ID: 2474926 Posted at: 09-Nov-2008 17:17:31
STULF the 20X6 hdog
Member
Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 53
Post Likes: 0
+
Like I said, we havn't seen shadow without his shoes, so we can't say for sure if he needs them to match or out do sonic's speed. Though thinking about it now, in SA2, shadow mainly used chaos control for speed and as he became apart of the sonic series shown more natural speed, but my vote is still with shadow for the excessive use of the chaos emeralds in the story lines (it used to be a side quest) and his chaos abilities.
Edit: It's probaly a little late to bring this back up, but shadow (the one in the story lines and the one you play in one player) was no clone. There have been characters that look like and pose as shadow (like sonic with Metal Sonic(s), Scourge [comic], shadow , etc), like mephiles in Sonic Next Gen. It was also later revealed that the supposed clones in the end of Team Dark's story in Sonic Heros were actually a type of robot in the game Shadow the Hedgehog as an enemey.

« Last edited by STULF the 20X6 hdog on Nov 9th 2008 »
Pokemon party yet to be made.(??/??/??)
Trainer Card coming soon after.
Many wisdoms hide behind many masks of personalty. STULF the 20X6 Hedgedog
0
+
Post ID: 2476764 Posted at: 12-Nov-2008 17:01:17
Sonic_Master
Zhuli! Do the thing!
Member
Joined: 2 Jun 2007
Posts: 2,477
Post Likes: 2
+
M5 & STULF: I'm not too concerned with natural or artificial speed (they both get light/air shoes anyways), just their powers and actual in-game evidence. I mean Shadow can only use CC or any form of it with the possession of a Chaos Emerald, but Sonic used it with a piece of glass (lol, the fake emerald). Also, Sonic has so much more Power ups than shadow, including all of shadow's. And I think I've said this before but Shadow admits that Sonic ids indeed the Ultimate Life form in SA2 (read the first post).
Where's my sig?
0
+
Post ID: 2476981 Posted at: 12-Nov-2008 21:12:50
rust45
Member
Joined: 5 Jan 2008
Posts: 1,845
Post Likes: 0
+
On 12-Nov-2008 Sonic_Master said:M5 & STULF: I'm not too concerned with natural or artificial speed (they both get light/air shoes anyways), just their powers and actual in-game evidence. I mean Shadow can only use CC or any form of it with the possession of a Chaos Emerald, but Sonic used it with a piece of glass (lol, the fake emerald). Also, Sonic has so much more Power ups than shadow, including all of shadow's. And I think I've said this before but Shadow admits that Sonic ids indeed the Ultimate Life form in SA2 (read the first post).
No, your wrong, what Sonic used to preform Chaos Control had the properties of one and that's why he could use it, we do not know if he can without a Chaos Emerald. Also, Shadow has used his Chaos powers without an Emerald present, such as in Sonic Chronicles. Also, I've always chosen to ignore what Shadow did say in the final battle, so I won't comment.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Name:Towns FC:0430 7936 6438

Avy=Genki Sig=Genki
0
+
Post ID: 2477307 Posted at: 13-Nov-2008 15:26:48
Sonic_Master
Zhuli! Do the thing!
Member
Joined: 2 Jun 2007
Posts: 2,477
Post Likes: 2
+
On 12-Nov-2008 rust45 said:No, your wrong, what Sonic used to preform Chaos Control had the properties of one and that's why he could use it, we do not know if he can without a Chaos Emerald. Also, Shadow has used his Chaos powers without an Emerald present, such as in Sonic Chronicles. Also, I've always chosen to ignore what Shadow did say in the final battle, so I won't comment.
Yeah, but it was less powerful and when Tails said properties, it could've been shape, size, etc. And I think all of Sonic Chronicles is a load of bull, so I won't even reply. But I do respect your opinion and I see why you think Shadow is stronger.

« Last edited by Sonic_Master on Nov 13th 2008 »
Where's my sig?
0
+
Post ID: 2477446 Posted at: 13-Nov-2008 19:45:38
rust45
Member
Joined: 5 Jan 2008
Posts: 1,845
Post Likes: 0
+
And I respect your opinion, I'm not some sort of idiot who tries to say that another person's idea is bull, you raised some very good points on why Sonic is better.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Name:Towns FC:0430 7936 6438

Avy=Genki Sig=Genki
0
+
Post ID: 2477513 Posted at: 13-Nov-2008 21:02:44
STULF the 20X6 hdog
Member
Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Posts: 53
Post Likes: 0
+
I do have to admit that the ideas presented do have a point, but I still highly disagree with some. You could call me a liar, but why would that matter other than to your own impression of me. I still would like to point out somethings. First, most of those abilities/power ups, other than light speed and super transformation, Sonic only used in a single game and have not returned since, however I do now realize he used CC in Sonic Next Gen and the final battle between Shadow and Sonic in SA2. If you play the Dark story in SA2, Shadow makes the victory comments basically stating I'm more powerful than you and vice versa in the Hero story with Sonic, so the comments make no difference according to the contradictory. As far as I can recollect, I believe that shadow did not make such a comment in the final battle against final hazard. Chronicles was an example, a large array of chaos abilities are shown in Shadow TH, Sonic Battle, Sonic Riders, and SRZG (all I can recall). A concept presented in Shadow TH is when Black Doom states that the chaos emeralds amplify the properties of chaos control suggests that Shadow is capable of performing an extent of chaos abilities without assistence of a chaos emerald. Finally, I know for a fact that it has been proven that Shadow can perform an extent of chaos abilities without a chaos emerald, the only new instance I can recall right now is Sonic Battle. I apoligize that I can't think of any other official examples of such an event, however I am quite sure there are others.

« Last edited by STULF the 20X6 hdog on Nov 13th 2008 »
Pokemon party yet to be made.(??/??/??)
Trainer Card coming soon after.
Many wisdoms hide behind many masks of personalty. STULF the 20X6 Hedgedog
0
+
Displaying Page 1 of 4. First | Next | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last | Go To Page:


Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by Chaos Sonic