Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Ideas for the next game

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
nintendo dude Posted at: 07:45 Jul03 2009 Post ID: 2663901
nintendo dude
Post Likes: 0
+
+
On 02-Jul-2009 Cervantes De Leon said:Shane ss1: DBZ is a manga, not a video game franchise. There are video games of the manga, but it doesn't qualify them as video game characters. Sakurai only wanted video game characters, and odds are that would continue.
As for Peach, she's one of the most popular Nintendo characters and a well known character to represent the Mario franchise. Even if her moveset's not as good as some others (though I'd say she's improved from Melee), it's rather clear why she's here.
And as good as Dr. Mario and Roy were, clones are clones. Roy was only there for advertising anyway.

nintendo dude: Shadow Moses was available from the start. One of the methods for unlocking Snake was by playing 15 games on Shadow Moses.

To agree with other people that have said this, the next Smash Bros should have some new characters (I can still think of some Nintendo characters that I'm surprised aren't playable), an improved online service and some DLC. The story mode was ok, but could do with some improvement. I'd also like to see Board the Platforms and Race to the Finish return for the Stadium section of the game.
If clones are clones, then why did Gannondorf get in Brawl?

Oh, I wouldn't know because I unlocked him in the SSE, but I remember that's how you unlock a lot of other stages.
I'm done here. Living over at thepurplecube.org as n.d. if you wanna say hi.
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
Volke Posted at: 10:12 Jul03 2009 Post ID: 2664009
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Ganondorf was in Brawl because he's in a different video game series to Captain Falcon, and is also one of the most popular Nintendo characters there is, whereas not many people are familiar with Dr. Mario or the Fire Emblem series (at least, prior to Melee, when Fire Emblem was still a Japan - only series).. His moveset has altered a little from Captain Falcon's in Brawl, too, so he's not exactly a clone anymore.
rate_me Posted at: 11:22 Jul03 2009 Post ID: 2664037
rate_me
Post Likes: 2
+
+
On 03-Jul-2009 nintendo dude said:If clones are clones, then why did Gannondorf get in Brawl?

Oh, I wouldn't know because I unlocked him in the SSE, but I remember that's how you unlock a lot of other stages.
Whereas Capt. Falcon is fast and manueverable, Gannondorf is slow and heavy. They are played completely differently.

I would like to see some of the melee courses return mostly. And no more third party characters. I might be the only person in the world who didn't like the idea of third party characters in a SSB game, but I still don't like them. It just doesn't feel the same with them. Brawl is still easily the best game in the series, but it could have done with out them.

Sig by roadkillman997

Battle guide last updated July 22

New account is _amo_
Volke Posted at: 11:50 Jul03 2009 Post ID: 2664045
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 03-Jul-2009 rate_me said:Whereas Capt. Falcon is fast and manueverable, Gannondorf is slow and heavy. They are played completely differently.

I would like to see some of the melee courses return mostly. And no more third party characters. I might be the only person in the world who didn't like the idea of third party characters in a SSB game, but I still don't like them. It just doesn't feel the same with them. Brawl is still easily the best game in the series, but it could have done with out them.
I'm all for third party characters being cast out, too. They completely destroy the idea behind Smash - where all of (well, some of) your favourite Nintendo characters can beat each other to pulp. Plus, Sonic is a vdieo gaming character that should have been killed off when games went 3D (and is very mediocre here, too), and Solid Snake just doesn't seem to fit in with the game, despite being a good character.
nintendo dude Posted at: 22:25 Jul04 2009 Post ID: 2665153
nintendo dude
+
+
On 03-Jul-2009 Volke said:I'm all for third party characters being cast out, too. They completely destroy the idea behind Smash - where all of (well, some of) your favourite Nintendo characters can beat each other to pulp. Plus, Sonic is a vdieo gaming character that should have been killed off when games went 3D (and is very mediocre here, too), and Solid Snake just doesn't seem to fit in with the game, despite being a good character.
Haha... Beating characters to a pulp...

Snake doesn't have good, well, anything, and sonic's just cheap. But back on topic.

They need more Melee stages. They took out some of the good stages in Brawl. Don't get me wrong, I like the new ones, but some of the old ones were better.
Volke Posted at: 09:02 Jul05 2009 Post ID: 2665305
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 04-Jul-2009 nintendo dude said:Haha... Beating characters to a pulp...

Snake doesn't have good, well, anything, and sonic's just cheap. But back on topic.

They need more Melee stages. They took out some of the good stages in Brawl. Don't get me wrong, I like the new ones, but some of the old ones were better.
Are you kidding? Snake is definately one of the best.

The problem with nearly all of the new ones is that they interfere with the battling too much. Stages like the Fountain of Dreams from Melee were excellent because you could switch all the items off and have a competition based on pure skill to see who is really the best out of you and your opponent, without the stage spouting lava everywhere or falling into pieces to disrupt your playing. Very few stages in Brawl allowed this to happen, sadly. Whilst I do like stages that have an impact on brawling, I like more of a balance so there are plenty to choose from if I want some serious competition or if I just want to have some laid back fun.
nintendo dude Posted at: 13:02 Jul05 2009 Post ID: 2665403
nintendo dude
+
+
^Yes, it is fun to sit back and watch a lvl one cpu run into the Demon-thing in new Pork city or fall down in Sonic's randomly falling stage.

That's why my favorite is Final Destination. Nothing in your way except for the destracting background.

« Last edited by nintendo dude on Jul 5th 2009 »
Volke Posted at: 10:38 Jul06 2009 Post ID: 2666119
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Final Destination and Battlefield are really the only 'competitive' stages, with just a few others (e.g. Delfino Plaza) being borderline.
Traffic Monger Posted at: 12:41 Jul06 2009 Post ID: 2666176
Traffic Monger
ヽ( ´ー `)ノ
+
+
On 04-Jul-2009 nintendo dude said:Haha... Beating characters to a pulp...

The people at smashboards or where ever makes it.. They know their stuff. They didn't put Snake second in the tier list(only losing to Meta Knight) because he's not a Nintendo character.

Signature credit goes to .Impact.

Skype - Shadezz80
jose22_1986 Posted at: 16:52 Jul06 2009 Post ID: 2666584
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
On 06-Jul-2009 Volke said:Final Destination and Battlefield are really the only 'competitive' stages, with just a few others (e.g. Delfino Plaza) being borderline.
You forgot smashville, but anyhoo where are the feet! Sonic is completely not cheap he is easy to beat. Snake is second on the tier list ( I think didn't really pay much attention to the list I posted XD )or who said they only put him on there because he's a non nintendo character?
nintendo dude Posted at: 19:26 Jul06 2009 Post ID: 2666732
nintendo dude
+
+
I don't pay much attention to the tier list. I have my own. Evil
Volke Posted at: 10:02 Jul08 2009 Post ID: 2667905
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 06-Jul-2009 nintendo dude said:I don't pay much attention to the tier list. I have my own. Evil
If Sonic is in the top 20, there's something seriously wrong with it.
jose22_1986 Posted at: 16:39 Jul08 2009 Post ID: 2668283
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
Guess the tales are on ps2 also :( but anyhoo sonic is good with mind games its funny lol.
nintendo dude Posted at: 21:19 Jul13 2009 Post ID: 2673658
nintendo dude
+
+
On 08-Jul-2009 jose22_1986 said:
Guess the tales are on ps2 also :( but anyhoo sonic is good with mind games its funny lol.
That's different. He's not a dummy, but he doesn't seem like he'd be good with that kind of stuff.
Guy117 Posted at: 09:42 Jul14 2009 Post ID: 2674136
Guy117
Big Ghey
Post Likes: 3
+
+
u know if nintendo, microsoft, and sony just team up once to make the next super smash bros. game it would be one of the best games ever. like imagine if you can play as master cheif or the monkey from super monkey ball or something and there would be a huge stage, character, and item selection and a great story.
jose22_1986 Posted at: 15:17 Jul14 2009 Post ID: 2674615
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
On 13-Jul-2009 nintendo dude said:That's different. He's not a dummy, but he doesn't seem like he'd be good with that kind of stuff.
No mind games are just moves used to confuse your opponents his speed makes him very good at that. Guy117 they shouldn't really team up on this thing I mean it is a "Nintendo thing" as Snake even said.
Tales of Symphonia isn't actually on ps2 apparently according to one of my friends so someone from it should be in the next game although I highly doubt it'll happen.
nintendo dude Posted at: 06:37 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675312
nintendo dude
+
+
Back on topic.

I think they should improve characters more, so that they're all about equal in strength, but have diffrent uses and advantages. Some characters are just too easy to beat, you know? It gets boring, to the part where you don't try too hard.
Volke Posted at: 08:16 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675353
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 14-Jul-2009 Guy117 said:u know if nintendo, microsoft, and sony just team up once to make the next super smash bros. game it would be one of the best games ever. like imagine if you can play as master cheif or the monkey from super monkey ball or something and there would be a huge stage, character, and item selection and a great story.
They could throw in the monkey from Super Monkey Ball anyway, since Super Monkey Ball was Gamecube-exclusive and the franchise was owned by Nintendo (I think).

Master Chief would be too similar to Samus.

« Last edited by Volke on Jul 15th 2009 »
jose22_1986 Posted at: 16:13 Jul15 2009 Post ID: 2675799
jose22_1986
Apparition
+
+
On 15-Jul-2009 Volke said:They could throw in the monkey from Super Monkey Ball anyway, since Super Monkey Ball was Gamecube-exclusive and the franchise was owned by Nintendo (I think).

Master Chief would be too similar to Samus.
Well it's Sega but you might be right about the franchise thing being only on Nintendo.
lordofthegames Posted at: 16:23 Aug01 2009 Post ID: 2694540
lordofthegames
+
+
I personally think the name for the next game should be Super Smash Bros. Skirmish, I also think that they should new characters such as, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia or even another Metal Gear character like Gray Fox. Smile
Displaying Page 2 of 5

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close