Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Why does everyone think Ike sucks?

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
pok_u_2_death Posted at: 22:22 Apr15 2008 Post ID: 2201021
pok_u_2_death
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Honestly i am so tired of people who use Marth saying that Ike sucks and hes just a copy of Marth except slower. Im really good with Ike and i own all my friends and i do really well online so just one question... Whats the deal?

« Last edited by pok_u_2_death on Apr 15th 2008 »

^Join The Fad^
[center]
Sig by Phil

Brawl FC: 0817-3454-6962
[size=20]#1 Yoshi on SC[size=20]
Probe
Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
.Impact Posted at: 06:23 Apr16 2008 Post ID: 2201243
.Impact
Resident Graphics Artist
Post Likes: 1
+
+
Well, for once his attacks are slow to do in my opinion and people can easily dodge the attacks. Simply put that he's strong but he's slow in attacking. That's my opinion.

Oli_ftw Posted at: 07:58 Apr16 2008 Post ID: 2201407
Oli_ftw
+
+
Who said Ike sucks?
I'm a jerk
King of Hell Posted at: 14:24 Apr16 2008 Post ID: 2201936
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
+
We don't. I speak on behalf of the skilled, reasonable and knowledgeable Marth users: Ike doesn't suck. Any who say he does are not part of the group mentioned above. Ike is in no imaginable way a copy of Marth. They must suck as Marth users if they think that, seeing as they don't know their own moves. Dolphin slash vs Aether. Dolphin slash works for recovery, and boost combos. Aether is a one move combo or finisher. Dancing Blade vs Quick Dash. Dancing Blade requires no charge, and is not useful in recovery. Dancing Blade has multi steps. Standard attacks: Ike's side smash has incredible launch power. Marth's has more range and knockback, as well as faster in speed and with less pause at the end. Up: Marth's is a spike. Ike's is a laterally wider arc. Down: Similar, but Ike's sends sideways, while Marth's sends up. I'm not even going to go on with this. You people are horrible Marth users, and bring a disgrace upon the name of those who use both these fantastic swordsmen. Play the game before saying something as idiotic as this.

Aether13 Posted at: 14:54 Apr16 2008 Post ID: 2201999
Aether13
+
+
On 15-Apr-2008 pok_u_2_death said:Honestly i am so tired of people who use Marth saying that Ike sucks and hes just a copy of Marth except slower. Im really good with Ike and i own all my friends and i do really well online so just one question... Whats the deal?
I honestly right know want to go slap your friend because the couple of thing bad about is one his recovery move sucks which you can subsitute it wit hhis over b and the fact that he is slow also I agree with KOH

« Last edited by Aether13 on Apr 16th 2008 »

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
DaphneX3Derek Posted at: 17:13 Apr16 2008 Post ID: 2202363
DaphneX3Derek
+
+
he doesn't suck, just most of the people who use him are very nubby and actually use his b up recovery instead of his b side recovery. I only find him useful in team battles. But even then, id rather have Ganondorf on my team.

Thanks sig master for the amazing sig
*** Ranked #1 with Ganondorf on SC ***
[size=7]I also main Zelda, Wolf, and the Ice Climbers.
Brawl FC: 3437-2723-7050
Name: Derek[/color][/size]
Br�ken Posted at: 17:35 Apr16 2008 Post ID: 2202441
Br�ken
+
+
On 16-Apr-2008 King of Hell said:We don't. I speak on behalf of the skilled, reasonable and knowledgeable Marth users: Ike doesn't suck. Any who say he does are not part of the group mentioned above. Ike is in no imaginable way a copy of Marth. They must suck as Marth users if they think that, seeing as they don't know their own moves. Dolphin slash vs Aether. Dolphin slash works for recovery, and boost combos. Aether is a one move combo or finisher. Dancing Blade vs Quick Dash. Dancing Blade requires no charge, and is not useful in recovery. Dancing Blade has multi steps. Standard attacks: Ike's side smash has incredible launch power. Marth's has more range and knockback, as well as faster in speed and with less pause at the end. Up: Marth's is a spike. Ike's is a laterally wider arc. Down: Similar, but Ike's sends sideways, while Marth's sends up. I'm not even going to go on with this. You people are horrible Marth users, and bring a disgrace upon the name of those who use both these fantastic swordsmen. Play the game before saying something as idiotic as this.
I'm not half bad either KoH. ;D

I like Ike,he's actually good,just slow.

' from the man linkey the frate himself.
MarioHSF Posted at: 17:36 Apr16 2008 Post ID: 2202448
MarioHSF
+
+
He doesn't suck. He's got awesome combos, and he can pwn with his Final Smash (Great Aether). Whoever said that is wrong by...infinity.
www.smashbros.com www.brawlcentral.com

Left url: Home page of Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
Right url: Fan site of Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
dragonmaster745 Posted at: 21:58 Apr16 2008 Post ID: 2202919
dragonmaster745
+
+
A combo ha I admit he is one of my mains but honestly Ike + combos equals the wolf that fell through yoshi's island with his final smash.

Name: David
brawl fc: 1418-6442-8427
No 1 Luigi on SC
Oli_ftw Posted at: 05:31 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2203116
Oli_ftw
+
+
On 16-Apr-2008 King of Hell said:We don't. I speak on behalf of the skilled, reasonable and knowledgeable Marth users: Ike doesn't suck. Any who say he does are not part of the group mentioned above. Ike is in no imaginable way a copy of Marth. They must suck as Marth users if they think that, seeing as they don't know their own moves. Dolphin slash vs Aether. Dolphin slash works for recovery, and boost combos. Aether is a one move combo or finisher. Dancing Blade vs Quick Dash. Dancing Blade requires no charge, and is not useful in recovery. Dancing Blade has multi steps. Standard attacks: Ike's side smash has incredible launch power. Marth's has more range and knockback, as well as faster in speed and with less pause at the end. Up: Marth's is a spike. Ike's is a laterally wider arc. Down: Similar, but Ike's sends sideways, while Marth's sends up. I'm not even going to go on with this. You people are horrible Marth users, and bring a disgrace upon the name of those who use both these fantastic swordsmen. Play the game before saying something as idiotic as this.
KOH, when you say Up and Down, do you mean their aerials because if you do you need to take a closer look at Marth. His Dair actually spikes. Thats if your talking about their aerials anyway.
I'm a jerk
Orphas Posted at: 06:51 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2203132
Orphas
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Whoever says Ike sucks, I will beat down their door with Ness's baseball bat.
I once saw a tourney with all Ikes.
Quoted from the Smash Bros Wikia, not me:
Pros:
Incredibly powerful
Very long range on most attacks.
Heavy.
Neutral A combo and Side B are fast attacks that can be used to approach. Side B (Quick Draw) has incredible versatility, allowing him to perform numerous effective combos.
Up Tilt is long-ranged and quick.
Back Air is quick and immensely powerful.
Forward smash KOs at low percentages.
Two powerful, long ranged spikes.
Multiple attacks that can KO around as low as 50%.
Amazing horizontal recovery.
Aether (Up B) can edge-stall and deal damage to opponents who are near the edge, giving Ike one of the best edge-games.
Aether (Up B) and Eruption (Neutral B) give Ike some frames of Super Armor which can completely negate knockback, and are arguably the easiest Super Armor to use in the game
Nair is a fast attack if auto-canceled.
Most Aerial have good range and knockback.
Has both a strong vertical and horizontal recovery move.
Left and B or Right and B can be used to get back on the stage if falling, as his up B is very useless unless very close to the ledge.
Down B can block Link and Toon Link's final smash (the lazer) if timed correctly.
Oli_ftw Posted at: 08:36 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2203172
Oli_ftw
+
+
Actually Olimars super armour is the easiest to use + no wind down lag so.
I'm a jerk
Pooly Posted at: 11:00 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2203241
Pooly
The Sheep Lover
+
+
Ike's only bad point, if you use his Up and B as a recovery at the wrong time, you're basically boned.
Otherwise, although slow, his moves can guarantee a a one to three hit kill, for me at least.
I think although he's slow, his power more than makes up for it.

Credit to .Impact for the sig & avy
Oli_ftw Posted at: 11:53 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2203370
Oli_ftw
+
+
He can be very fast you just need to know how to play him... :/
I'm a jerk
Aether13 Posted at: 14:48 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2203627
Aether13
+
+
On 17-Apr-2008 Pooly said:Ike's only bad point, if you use his Up and B as a recovery at the wrong time, you're basically boned.
Otherwise, although slow, his moves can guarantee a a one to three hit kill, for me at least.
I think although he's slow, his power more than makes up for it.
Pooly use side b to recover unless you are more down than over and excally ike can be fast it is how you use him

King of Hell Posted at: 15:42 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2203818
King of Hell
+
+
He is still slow. He can't be fast unless you Quick-Dash the whole time.

Aether13 Posted at: 15:48 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2203834
Aether13
+
+
he can be semi fast I mean his a combo is pretty fast aether is ok and dash a is pretty fast his counter is pretty fast

King of Hell Posted at: 15:51 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2203842
King of Hell
+
+
The sword swing still takes ridiculously long, and Aether isn't a form of transportation. Were talking about him moving fast, not his attacks... All of which are slow but Quick Dash.

Br�ken Posted at: 16:55 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2204077
Br�ken
+
+
Yeah,Aether is a horrible recovery move.

' from the man linkey the frate himself.
Orphas Posted at: 17:54 Apr17 2008 Post ID: 2204234
Orphas
Forum GuestMember
+
+
On 17-Apr-2008 Oli_ftw said:He can be very fast you just need to know how to play him... :/
No, not unless you spam quick-dash the whole entire fight.
Oh, and I was serious about beating down people's doors with Ness's baseball bat. Evil
Displaying Page 1 of 3

1 | 2 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
Smilies, click to use

You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close