Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Character Replacements

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 2 of 20
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 18 | 19 | Last     Previous | Next
Volke Posted at: 11:58 Jan16 2009 Post ID: 2522443
Volke
Executioner
Post Likes: 33
+
+
Currymonster - Agreed. That would be interesting.

Mini_Mario - Dr. Mario was, I'm sure, in the top ten in Melee, higher than Mario and Luigi, and despite being a 'clone', he was used far differently than Mario. I'm sad to see he's gone, as he was a good character.
Aether13 Posted at: 18:30 Jan17 2009 Post ID: 2523819
Aether13
Post Likes: 1
+
+
On 12-Jan-2009 CurryMonster said:Remove Ike. Insert Micaiah.
Or Redo Ike

Anyways I do agree with Volke and M_M Dr. Mario was different because he seemed stronger and a bit faster so yea.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
Volke Posted at: 09:51 Jan18 2009 Post ID: 2524629
Volke
Executioner
+
+
No point as we already have Marth, Meta Knight and Pit who use swords/blades (the Link bros. both suck). It would be interesting to see how a magic user from the Fire Emblem series would function in the game.

I've read through the thread again and I've noticed that there is high demand for Roy to return. Why? Seriously, anyone who's ANY good at Melee would know that Roy is a very mediocre character. And he was overshadowed in Melee by Marth, who was officially the best character in the game.
Aether13 Posted at: 13:56 Jan18 2009 Post ID: 2524717
Aether13
Post Likes: 1
+
+
On 18-Jan-2009 Volke said:No point as we already have Marth, Meta Knight and Pit who use swords/blades (the Link bros. both suck). It would be interesting to see how a magic user from the Fire Emblem series would function in the game.

I've read through the thread again and I've noticed that there is high demand for Roy to return. Why? Seriously, anyone who's ANY good at Melee would know that Roy is a very mediocre character. And he was overshadowed in Melee by Marth, who was officially the best character in the game.
I like Roy because I a FE Fan boy but yea. Really there is no need for Toon Link since he is a better version of Link but thats nintendo's choice and besides a magic user people like Ephrim from FE8 would be intersting.

Veenis made teh siggy :D
Heart Gold FC: 5242 6951 2898
Also if you want to go to PXE click this link...DO IT!
ChrisMaclean Posted at: 18:44 Jan18 2009 Post ID: 2525106
ChrisMaclean
Kusanagi's Man
Post Likes: 5
+
+
True Aether13. I am a fan of Roy since he was my best character in Melee. Even though I never played the Fire Emblem series,but still.
I would think R.O.B should go. It isn't one of the best characters but it should be replaced with Krystal from StarFox. That I would like to see.

Signature by your's truly~
Aura Kingdom IGN: ASarcasticMage Level 77 Sorcerer/Wizard
Hel_Sama Level 42 Necromancer/Sorcerer
Sarmus Level 61 Duelist/Gunslinger
Lzxa Level 60 Ravager/Gunslinger
JackiePotato Level 47 Brawler/Ronin
Jack said:Should put something interesting here but lazy
Volke Posted at: 10:16 Jan19 2009 Post ID: 2525416
Volke
Executioner
+
+
Just because you liked Roy, it doesn't cover up for the fact that he was a mediocre character.

According to the official tier list, R.O.B. is one of the best. Besides, there are enough people from Star Fox in Brawl, and it's unlikely that any more new additions would have been better than Falco.
guy in oakland Posted at: 12:48 Jan19 2009 Post ID: 2525605
guy in oakland
+
+
I highly discourage another star fox character to be added.heck even wolf was too much,although he is a good character and much more unique than his two counter parts it feels as if he was added for the hell of it.really he wasn't even a big part of the star fox series.I would rather some one be added from metroid seeing as how only samus is represented from there

PSN-intayaz

King of Hell Posted at: 15:43 Jan19 2009 Post ID: 2525843
King of Hell
Post Likes: 2
+
+
I think another Hunter would be nice, from Metroid. I also don't see anything wrong with Ike, but your call I suppose. Almost any character can be inserted properly as long as there's no "Well, he's like this person, so lets clone them" mindset. I want Toon Link gone, and I want Link to be like him. I then want Toon Link's replacement to be... Another Kong perhaps? There was no cloning nonsense involved between the two existing ones, so I don't think they would screw up a third addition to the family. As long as representation balances out, I think the character roster can't be screwed up too badly.

Volke Posted at: 10:33 Jan20 2009 Post ID: 2526291
Volke
Executioner
+
+
guy in oakland - I never got into Metroid, but I can see your point. Besides, Metroid's bigger than Star Fox, so it would make sense to add another Metroid character into the fouth installment...if there is one.

King of Hell - Funky Kong would be good, but they'd have to make sure that he doesn't end up like Donkey Kong. I don't really know of any other ones except for Cranky Kong.
Krystal_Kirby_Shards Posted at: 13:00 Jan20 2009 Post ID: 2526391
Krystal_Kirby_Shards
Forum GuestMember
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Hmm...I would screw Jigglypuff for...idk..Bomberman. That'd be awesome! :D I would use him all the time!
This account will be no more..
mini_mario Posted at: 16:26 Jan20 2009 Post ID: 2526562
mini_mario
Post Likes: 3
+
+
but wouldn't Bomberman be like a clone to Samus?

avatar credit to Trainer Saphire
signature credit to Layne
WWII Corporal Posted at: 16:37 Jan20 2009 Post ID: 2526579
WWII Corporal
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Bomberman would make a good assist trophy...
When you see the light at the end of the tunnel, the tunnel will collapse
More Bluntly... The light is a train
In English... Everything you work for will be taken from you

I am a pessimist...
It's better to be a pessimist, Because when the glass is half empty you get a refill!
Krystal_Kirby_Shards Posted at: 05:58 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2526933
Krystal_Kirby_Shards
Forum GuestMember
+
+
He'll just be throwing bombs everywhere. That's why I said that. Evil
This account will be no more..
Fusion_Blastoise Posted at: 06:52 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2526941
Fusion_Blastoise
+
+
@ Volke. Wasn't the official best character in melee sheik?

Yeah. Jigs can't go and won't.

Dr. Mario went even though he was a good charcter due to the fact that no one ever played his games.

Lucas was not a Ness clone in fact he is very different then Ness. It's like calling Gannon a CF clone, they're completely diffrent.

To be honest, the only character I'd think of dumping would be Lucario. He really wasn't all that good compared to Mewtwo in melee.

Who would I put in though? Probably someone like Waluigi or Daisy. Waluigi would be easy to create a unique moveset for but as for daisy, I think it'd be difficult not copying peach.

Credit to Ozzo for this firggin awesome sig!
Olimar rules on Brawl!

Brawl Details:
FC: 3180-5394-7053
Name: Fuse

Volke Posted at: 10:34 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527007
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 21-Jan-2009 Fusion_Blastoise said:@ Volke. Wasn't the official best character in melee sheik?

Yeah. Jigs can't go and won't.

Dr. Mario went even though he was a good charcter due to the fact that no one ever played his games.

Lucas was not a Ness clone in fact he is very different then Ness. It's like calling Gannon a CF clone, they're completely diffrent.

To be honest, the only character I'd think of dumping would be Lucario. He really wasn't all that good compared to Mewtwo in melee.

Who would I put in though? Probably someone like Waluigi or Daisy. Waluigi would be easy to create a unique moveset for but as for daisy, I think it'd be difficult not copying peach.
No. Looking back, it was a tie between Marth, Fox and Sheik. I think Captain Falcon, Falco, Samus and Jigglypuff came afterwards. I never greed with this as I always thought Falco was better than Fox in Melee.

Jigglypuff's been around since the first Smash Bros. All the characters that were in there are still here.

That's probably true. But then again, at the time, nobody had heard of Fire Emblem outside of Japan.

Really? Then why do they hae exactly the same score on the official tier list? Their moves are also exactly the same, as far as I can tell. I haven't used either very much, though.

Mewtwo was the second worst character in Melee, only being better than Pichu. Yet, Lucario is comfortable B Tier in Brawl. Therefore, why do you want Mewtwo back when he was clearly much worse than Lucario is? They'd have to make some serious changes to make Mewtwo better.

Waluigi would be interesting. Even though there are enough Mario characters in Brawl, I think he'd have potetional as none of them are really tall, skinny guys. As for Daisy, I don't know what to think. Although I think someone like Dry Bones would offer a possibility of being a unique character.
Fusion_Blastoise Posted at: 20:58 Jan21 2009 Post ID: 2527496
Fusion_Blastoise
+
+
@ Volke

The tier placing of Ness and Lucas is merely a coincidence. Their smashes, aerials, tilts and combos are diffrent. Lucas is generaly regarded as being the better of the two.

On the whole mewtwo vs Lucario issue, it's not so much how good he was as a character as the way he was played. Mewtwo was a much more floaty character then Lucario and had more power. I also think that Mewtwo would have benefieted more from the brawl engine then Lucario as the loss of wavedashing and dash dancing would have been advantageous to him, hence why Lucario is much better in brawl.

Also, I think we're looking at diffrent tier lists here. Of course I'm looking at the PAL one and you'd be looking at the American one.

Dry Bones would be an interesting character. I'd like to see how he'd do. There is of course also Baby bowser who might make an addition as a faster less powerful bowser with slightly altered attacks. But again this would be another clone.

Olimar rules on Brawl!

Brawl Details:

Volke Posted at: 10:09 Jan22 2009 Post ID: 2527608
Volke
Executioner
+
+
On 21-Jan-2009 Fusion_Blastoise said:@ Volke

The tier placing of Ness and Lucas is merely a coincidence. Their smashes, aerials, tilts and combos are diffrent. Lucas is generaly regarded as being the better of the two.

On the whole mewtwo vs Lucario issue, it's not so much how good he was as a character as the way he was played. Mewtwo was a much more floaty character then Lucario and had more power. I also think that Mewtwo would have benefieted more from the brawl engine then Lucario as the loss of wavedashing and dash dancing would have been advantageous to him, hence why Lucario is much better in brawl.

Also, I think we're looking at diffrent tier lists here. Of course I'm looking at the PAL one and you'd be looking at the American one.

Dry Bones would be an interesting character. I'd like to see how he'd do. There is of course also Baby bowser who might make an addition as a faster less powerful bowser with slightly altered attacks. But again this would be another clone.
They have exactly the same points rating.

There are different rgional tier lists? Why do those idiots have to complicate things...there are no regional differences.

Dry Bones would open up lots of potential. As for Baby Bowser, yes, I agree he'd probably be a clone. Unless they introduced that paintbrush he had in Super Mario Sunshine. He could use that to open up new possibilities.
guy in oakland Posted at: 12:28 Jan22 2009 Post ID: 2527652
guy in oakland
+
+
I find ness to be the better of the earthbound characters,better aeriels and special attack.lucas just has the better recovery of the two

PSN-intayaz

yingyanguy Posted at: 16:47 Jan22 2009 Post ID: 2527871
yingyanguy
+
+
i like lucario only because he can stay on walls
i loved roy and dr. mario and mewtwo.
i think they shouldve added a legendary pokemon you know like darkrai that would be cool final shmash=dak void you no
but in all honesty i would like to see more sonic characters and i hope meta knight doesnt go away considering he is an sss in the tier list and he the best ive ever used
Black 2 FC: 0390-9311-9672 Name: Bertha
I am Sir Alexander, The Crystal Paladin of The Gemstone Order
The Colosseum. A Pokemon Team
Fusion_Blastoise Posted at: 19:43 Jan22 2009 Post ID: 2528043
Fusion_Blastoise
+
+
On 22-Jan-2009 Volke said:They have exactly the same points rating.

There are different rgional tier lists? Why do those idiots have to complicate things...there are no regional differences.

Dry Bones would open up lots of potential. As for Baby Bowser, yes, I agree he'd probably be a clone. Unless they introduced that paintbrush he had in Super Mario Sunshine. He could use that to open up new possibilities.
There are diffrent tier lists for Melee as there was several diffreneces in the two games. ie. fox was nerfed considerably.

Olimar rules on Brawl!

Brawl Details:

Displaying Page 2 of 20
  | Go to page:

First | 2 | 3 | 4 | ... | 18 | 19 | Last     Previous | Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
This topic has been closed by 495841

Post Top
Click to close