Your Account
       Forgot Password

Not registered? Sign Up for free
    Registration allows you to keep track of all your content and comments, save bookmarks, and post in all our forums.
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Maybe that's why Wizard's Foot/ Falcon Kick gives an extra midair jump...

Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Down to Quick Reply
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 19:09 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 278979
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
Post Likes: 0
+
+
Ganondorf has an excellent downb attack. I was experimenting with it earlier today, and I found about 4 more definitions that should be added to that GameFAQs list involving it, as well as a new way to use it: while a foe is busy recovering to the stage, double-jump, then Wizard's Foot at the foe OFF of the stage. This will cause the foe to fly downward at high speed, and then, you always have that extra midair jump you get from the move, so then you can recover more easily back to the stage. But now, think about it. Perhaps the Wizard's foot spikes the foe effectively and works in tandem with the extra midair jump that you get from it to help you recover to the stage more easily after you use it while blasting the foe to the afterlife. The same goes with C. Falcon, but the problem with him is that it doesn't send the foe downward, it sends them upward instead and isn't as effective.
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

Reply Quote & ReplyMulti Quote
dizzy fuweiru Posted at: 19:23 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 279013
dizzy fuweiru
Forum GuestMember
+
+
it's just how the move works. do whatever is most effective with it. falcon's down b obviously isn't meant for edgeguarding, so don't treat it as such.
ritt.no-ip.com - roy is top tier. (no, not really, you dolt.)
nevake Posted at: 20:14 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 279140
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It should not be added because it is just a move, and adding an entry called "Wizards Foot" would be explaining it's uses and properties, and you could do that with any move. Yes, it spikes.
ritt.no-ip.com
nevake Posted at: 20:20 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 279156
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I love how people marvel at a discovery like this :x. It's quite conditional, and it can't do anything to many characters due to their recoveries (Like almost everyone) If they sweetspot the edge. I prefer dair.
ritt.no-ip.com
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 22:50 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 279424
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
it's nice that you discovered it on your own, but it's already known :p. sorry. it works pretty well unless the opponent is good at meteor-cancelling.
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
Cylun Posted at: 23:03 Jul22 2005 Post ID: 279460
Cylun
Forum GuestMember
+
+
I seem to have seen cpus meteor cancel, and it suprises the hell out of me. I send kirby straight down, and he instantly reverses direction and floats up.
I am Cylun. May your life be easy and your future ripe.
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 00:05 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279586
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
*missed the reply button twice >_>*

i'd be more surprised if the comp did some wall teching from a spike. that would be just plain scary 0_o
DDR: want to pass Paranoia Survivor ~ Religions are just cults with more members. -- The resident SSB:M Captain Falcon user. -- "Let's eat fast so we can eat again!" ~ Ash
TheEmptyPage Posted at: 02:23 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 279675
TheEmptyPage
Forum GuestMember
+
+
i've sene my computer tech roll... alot.. >_>

i've seen my comptuer tech out of Fox/Falco's down throw..

btw, i thought Wizards Foot was a spike and not Meteor?
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 11:53 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 280188
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 23-Jul-2005 Mask-o-Sheik said:*missed the reply button twice >_>*

i'd be more surprised if the comp did some wall teching from a spike. that would be just plain scary 0_o
Dude, the CPs are too good at Meteor cancelling. The only way to defeat them with a spike is through a non-Meteor spike attack, unless you catch them on their third jump.

Also, the CPs do tech a little. I spiked one into a wall and it teched, what is so scary about that?
Owner of the formerly ranked number one Halo PC modded server in the world, FRIGID MASS CTF WAR. Joiner-friendly mods and five-minute hotfixes = loyal clientele.

Been here since February 2004. It's May 2022 as of writing this. Wish Rich would revive this place. Guess I'm only here for the nostalgia now.

darkboarder_77 Posted at: 11:55 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 280190
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
On 22-Jul-2005 nevake said:It should not be added because it is just a move, and adding an entry called "Wizards Foot" would be explaining it's uses and properties, and you could do that with any move. Yes, it spikes.
Dude, no. I wouldn't just say "Let's add an attack to the GameFAQs list." No, I meant, like, I found some techniques to use with CF's and Ganon's downb that could be added to the list.

nevake Posted at: 13:01 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 280421
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
It's been long discovered and can't be used very often, and the "techniques" to use isn't really worthy either. It doesn't take much to double jump and d-b -_-
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 13:12 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 280459
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
No, I mean, I found some other techniques besides just doing what I mentioned here. Look, just forget you heard that I said anything about the definitions, okay?

nevake Posted at: 20:12 Jul23 2005 Post ID: 281556
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
Ok i'll stop, but i'll lastly mention that ganon's d-b is almost never used.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 03:26 Jul24 2005 Post ID: 282580
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
And I'll say that I use it frequently.

nevake Posted at: 08:48 Jul24 2005 Post ID: 282904
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
So I'll say that competetively, it wouldn't work to someone trying to sweetspot the edge usually. I'm not saying it's not alright to use it if you can, I'm just saying if you were facing another person who knew what they were doing, it would never work as a spike. I say no more anymore.
ritt.no-ip.com
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 09:55 Jul24 2005 Post ID: 283087
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
It's good just to slap some damage on, but if you get close enough to the edge, you can actually jump up, Wizard's Foot on the recovering warrior, and spike them down, and land just on the edge while the foe goes unhappily to the afterlife.

XIF Posted at: 00:01 Jul25 2005 Post ID: 285183
XIF
Forum GuestMember
+
+
ganondorf is the one which benefits the most from the extra jumps. CF goes too far down for it to be of much use unless your far up and out. For spiking its not that good. You're better off learning how to do the aerial up A spike better. =)
Mask-o-Sheik Posted at: 00:28 Jul25 2005 Post ID: 285204
Mask-o-Sheik
Forum GuestMember
+
+
the wizard's foot spike works against people that don't know how to meteor cancel or have up b's that don't move far up vertically. however, xif is right, the uair spike is almost always better, and sets g-dawg up for the edge-hog as well.
darkboarder_77 Posted at: 13:08 Jul30 2005 Post ID: 301600
darkboarder_77
Glaceonic
+
+
I have learned too much about how to spike, I was simply stating the possible reason why an extra mid-air jump was applicable. I can spike the Hell out of anyone and send them bouncing off walls at high speed with a small flick of a button if I wanted the foe to suffer.

nevake Posted at: 13:56 Jul30 2005 Post ID: 301690
nevake
Forum GuestMember
+
+
They would have to be at a certain angle, and if not you would kill yourself. The use of it recovering is good, but otherwise, no.
ritt.no-ip.com
Displaying Page 1 of 2

1 | Last     Next
Subscribe to topic Low Bandwidth Favourite Forums

Members viewing this thread:
REPLY IN THIS THREAD
You must be logged in to reply:
Username: 
Password:   
Forgot password? Click here to get it resent to you.

Users under 13 are not eligible to post on the SuperCheats forums.

Post Top
Click to close